Your Perk Ideas

DawnMad
DawnMad Member Posts: 1,030

Cause why not make another post about this, its always fun discussing ideas. No bullying though please.

Let me start with an information perk to set the bar low: A survivor perk that shows your aura and the killers aura to your team when you are in a chase. Would be a nice information perk.

Comments

• RedditUser69
    RedditUser69 Member Posts: 193

That gives too much info to survivors, it's one of the huge reasons why SWF is so hated.

• DawnMad

Would it make you swap any perks out of your load out though, think it like that. Its nothing compared to stuff like exhaustion perks, DS, Unbreakable etc. Also it's a good thing to make solo queue players closer to SWF players. Devs can't nerf SWF communicating with each other, so the only thing they can do it buff solo queue and killers to balance it.

• gatsby
    gatsby Member Posts: 2,533

A perk that allows you to hit a skill check and stun the killer if they walk through a pallet while carrying. One use per match

Counters slugging, questionable pallet hits and bodyblocking at pallets

• RedditUser69
    RedditUser69 Member Posts: 193

Yeah, I would take this as a solo survivor who doesn't use DS, Unbreakable or Deadhard.

I am for buffing solo survivors, but I think this perk is just too good. Besides, imo, buffing solo survivor by giving them perks isn't what they should do. This just means solo survivors now have to take Kindred AND this perk to gain what a SWF has, that's two perks just to gain what discord gives other people.

• DawnMad

Very true, perks really shouldn't be used to give solo queue players information SWF already get for free... but something like my suggestion wouldn't really fit in the base kit. I would love better ideas for perks or base kit changes if you have any, that's the point of this thread after all.

• Azgard12
    Azgard12 Member Posts: 335

That's in some ways what Empathy does (at least after they get hit).

Anyhow, here's my top ideas for Survivors:

-Information delay perks: delaying showing when a gen pops, delaying showing an unhook, etc. Could do a lot with this.

-A perk that slows down progression on a hook if the killer is camping (not Camraderie).

-A perk that allows exhaustion to still slowly go away while running.

-A perk, perhaps token based, that allows a short duration of a cloak effect like Wraith.

Some idea for Killer perks:

-A perk that will reignite a hex totem at a different dull totem under specific conditions (for example, when the next gen gets done).

-A perk that allows the killer to break a completed gen ONCE (not endgame), causing it to regress. This could be OP, so perhaps conditions.

-A perk that speeds up gen regression on kicked gens, but not as a hex totem.

-A perk similar to Cheryl's, that calls upon the entity to block off a gen for a duration.

• OrangeJack
    OrangeJack Member Posts: 464

Dead hard but for killers

• DetailedDetriment
    DetailedDetriment Member Posts: 2,632

Lose You:

You grow a bond with one player in the trial. You and the other player permanently see each other's auras. Once you or the other player dies, the alive player gets a 200% speed increase to solo actions, but a 100% speed decrease to cooperative actions and healing others.

The effect lasts for 45 seconds and pauses while in chase.

The alive player becomes the obsession.

Decreases you and your allies chance of being the obsession.

• Terra92
    Terra92 Member Posts: 583
    edited July 2020

I finally came up with a decent perk list for a Ripley character. At least in my opinion lol

Mother's Intuition:

• Killer Terror radius is increased by 5/10/15% for you, and is more audio-direction accurate. Killers whose Terror Radius give them stealth give the player a notification via classic motion sensor sound, but no direction can be determined. Abilities that use Terror Radius are increased alongside your perk(for example, Static Blast will affect you 15% further than survivors who don't use this perk).

Bishop -- "I'm afraid I have some bad news..."

Protect Newt!:

• Reduces your chance at becoming the Obsession at the beginning of the game. You cannot activate this ability when you are the Obsession. Pressing the Active Ability gives you 150% sprint movement speed for 3 seconds, aura reveals yourself to the killer for 10 seconds, and makes you the killer's Obsession. You become exhausted for 60/50/40 seconds.

Ellen Ripley -- "Get away from her, you [bad word]!"

Last of the Nostromo:

• The more survivors are removed, the more determined you are to survive. When healing, searching chests, cleansing totems, opening gates or repairing generators alone(more than 20/15/10M away from any other Survivor), you gain 2% repair/cleanse/open/heal speed for every survivor that is hooked or killed(18% total). Medkits and toolboxes stack with this effect.

Ash(Android) -- "I can't lie to you about your chances, but, you have my sympathies..."

• Grace
    Grace Member Posts: 11

I have a Perk idea for Survivors.

Mysterious Strength:

• An attack that put you into dying state when uninjured is considered one health state damage; you receive Broken Status Effect for 100, 80, 60 seconds.

• BastardKing
    BastardKing Member Posts: 784

I had a Arsonist themed killer I suggested once. I had three perks, but one of them shared a heavy theme with the Twins, but I will post it anyway;

Burning Anxiety: Looming failure sparks you to hurry. Every Gen completed gives you one token. Gain a 1/2/3% haste per token. Killing a survivor by any means removes a token.

Hex: Envy: Those who have feel the burden of your malice on their shoulders. Survivors carrying items are hindered by 5% and cannot fast vault.

Set In Motion: You plan the downfall of those who work against you. When a healthy survivor unhooks another survivor 40ft away from the killer, they are put into the injured state and trigger deep wounds. If they are injured, they trigger deep wounds regardless of distance. Survivors in the deep wounds state from any source catch fire, emitting smoke particles. (Similar to how victims of the Plague's power emit green cloud particles, they would emit burning smoke, which makes it easier to see them)

• Jaws0014
    Jaws0014 Member Posts: 1

Name: You Shouldn't Have Done That

If a survivor takes a protection hit during the endgame collapse all other survivors are affected with the Exposed status effect for 40/50/60 seconds.

Not a meta perk by any means but could make for some fun builds and fun panic moments for the survivors.

• Scoted
    Scoted Member Posts: 57
  • ChurchofPig
    ChurchofPig Member Posts: 2,763

I like your second killer idea, although I feel they'd make it a hex and still set a condition.

• ChurchofPig
    ChurchofPig Member Posts: 2,763
    edited December 2020

I thought of a hex perk a while back. It would be very annoying, but was inspired by Hex: Haunted Ground

Survivors can cleanse totems faster, however as a result you become injured upon cleansing a dull totem. If a survivor is already injured, they do not go into the dying state. Cleansing the hex totem injures all survivors and gives the deep wound status effect. This effect can only be done once per match.

I don't think it would ever be implemented into the game, I just thought it would be interesting to share.

• HealsBadMan
    HealsBadMan Member Posts: 1,122

Three perks I made for a military Killer a while back:

1) Espionage:

You gather intelligence and knowledge about your enemies before beginning the hunt. At the start of the trial, see the auras of all Survivors for 4/6/8 seconds. See the auras of items on the ground, and when standing over them see the item's rarity and addons.

2) Demilitarized Zone

Set a perimeter to guard your territory. After kicking a generator, it and the closest two generators are highlighted in yellow. If a Survivor starts working on one of these generators or enters the area inside them, their aura is shown to the Killer. If the Killer kicks one of the generators or enters the area inside them, Demilitarized Zone goes onto a 120/100/80 second cooldown.

3) Conscription

Force an enemy to do your bidding. You become Obsessed with one Survivor. After hitting your Obsession, Conscription gains a token, up to 3/4/5 tokens. A token is consumed whenever:

When the Obsession hits a skill check while heals a Survivor, the skill check is ignored and the healing progression is reset to zero.

When the Obsession hits a skill check while repairing a Generator, the Generator explodes as if they missed a Skill Check. Additional gen regression of 4/6/8%.

I know the first is kinda weak, maybe it should give more info like tracking Survivors with items? IDK :p

• gatsby
    gatsby Member Posts: 2,533

I posted that over six months ago lol. Basically predicted Power Struggle

• dspaceman20
    dspaceman20 Member Posts: 4,699

Here are my ideas for perks

Killer perks:

Alone

You become obsessed with one survivor

Anytime the obsession performs a cooperative action the obsession suffer from the exposed status effect for 40/45/50 seconds

Alone has a cooldown of 45 seconds after downing the obsession

You can only be obsessed with one survivor at a time

In The Dark

A successful kill hides your dreadful presence for the next hunt.

When a survivor is hooked or killed you gain the undetectable status effect for 30/35/40 seconds or until you start a chase with another survivor.

Omniscience

After kicking a generator, any survivor within 5 meters of the kicked generator will revel their aura for as long as they are in the range generator.

Omniscience has a cooldown of 50/40/30 seconds.

Survivor teachable perks:

Level Headed

You are able to keep a calm mind even in dire situations

When you are in the dying state, your aura will not be show to the killer under any circumstances and grunts of pain while in the dying state is reduced by 80%/90%/100%

You bleed out 50% less blood

Back on track

After being side tracked your able to effectively get back to the task at hand

Generators that are regressing will be show to you in a red aura, until it has stopped regressing

Stopping the regression and repairing the generator you have a 10% increase in repair speed for 5 seconds

Back on track has a cooldown of 40/35/30 seconds

Serve and protect

Your willing to sacrifice yourself for the sake of others

Once the exit gates are powered you become the obsession and your aura is show to the killer for 50/40/30 seconds. During that time you gain the endurance status effect. If your put into the dying state the killer gains the ability to kill you.

While this perk is active all other survivors that are still in the trial will leave no blood trail or scratch marks, and aura will not be show to the killer

If you escape the trial. are killed or sacrificed the perks effects are deactivated.

Decreases your odds of becoming the obsession

• ukenicky
    ukenicky Member Posts: 1,352

Glimmers of Hope (Survivor)

Unlocks potential in one's Aura-reading ability.

While you are in the dying state, all Survivor Auras are revealed to all Survivors.

If the Killer is within a range of 8/12/16 metres, their Aura is also revealed to all Survivors.

While any other Survivor is in the dying state, all Survivor Auras are revealed to you.

If the Killer is within a range of 8/12/16 metres, their Aura is also revealed to you.

Basically Kindred but for downed survivors. This might actually be a bit too much vision at all times but I feel like it would help to discourage mass slugging.

Intuition (Survivor)

Unlocks potential in one's Aura-reading ability.

When the killer is within 8/10/12 metres of a Generator their Aura is revealed to you for 3/4/5 seconds.

An idea inspired by Alert. I really like perks that show you the killers aura but I know Killer mains don't like this as much. If this effect is too powerful and generous, maybe tie it to limited to tokens like Distortion or decrease the range to 2/4/6 meters.

Die for Me! (Killer)

You become obsessed with one Survivor.

Over the course of the match, when the Obsession performs certain actions, Die for Me! receives a token.

1 Token: the obsession's aura is revealed to you for 4/5/6 seconds.

2 Tokens: the obsession will yell and reveal their current location to the Killer for 4/5/6 seconds.

3 Tokens: the Killer can kill the Obsession.

You can only be obsessed with one Survivor at a time.

If you kill the obsession, Die for Me! remains active and can be transferred to a new obsession (Decisive Strike) but has its tokens reset to 0.

Actions that generate tokens: completing generators, cleansing hex totems, opening exit gates, unhooking other survivors, stunning the killer (Pallet and flashlight stuns) possibly more.

A very complex idea I had, I would like to see more perks like this that have moris baked in especially now that moris have been nerfed. I've always been a fan of Rancor and Devour Hope. It's more fun working towards being able to kill a survivor. This isn't a tunneling perk either, rather it surprises and scares the Obsession once they've generated two tokens by giving them the warning scream and lets them know that one more token will result in them being killable lol.

Hex: Memento Mori

Two trapped Hex Totems will spawn in the Trial.

When one of the two trapped Hex Totems is cleansed by a Survivor they 1. become the obsession and 2. will be cursed and can be killed by the killer.

The remaining trapped Hex Totem 

immediately becomes a Dull Totem.

Another mori idea, this one inspired by Haunted Grounds. The idea is to punish one Survivor for cleansing Hex Totems. I think this would be a lot more fun to play alongside Ruin than Undying. Or Undying + this to possibly Mori more than one survivor. Whatever the case, I feel like a new Hex with old Mori strength in it would be a neat way to recycle the old brokenness of moris but in a more balanced way.

• SauceOfTheSouth
    SauceOfTheSouth Member Posts: 2

Heres my 2 ideas:

Outlast:

You make the clock tick.

If the killer is in a 28 meter range of your hook, your hook timer is slowed down by 20/25/30 percent.

•Gain 50% more bloodpoints in the Survival category.

_______________________________________________________________________________________

Thrived Demise

You start realizing when you're in trouble, and you push back.

Each time you are hooked, gain a 7/9/11% increased speed in Recovering, Wiggling, Pallet Dropping, Pallet Vaulting, and Healing speeds.

"Before you know it, you're god damn dead! So stay cautious, because nobody knows what's to get ya' here."

• SauceOfTheSouth
    SauceOfTheSouth Member Posts: 2

And other idea I'e got;

Builder's Grip:

Your knowledge of engineering is what keep's the team alive.

When working on a generator by yourself, outside of the killer's terror radius, your repair speed is increased by 8/10/12%.

•Toolbox efficiency when repairing is increased by 15%.

• Teacyn
    Teacyn Member Posts: 93

Builder's Grip would immediately become an absolute run-in-every-build perk. Even a 5% speedup to gen repairs is massive, and you should be working on gens alone anyway early on. Toolbox efficiency increase is just absolutely overkill. Outlast invalidates Camaraderie existing almost entirely (and that's already a niche perk that needs buffs), and Thrived Demise is also extremely strong.

• DarkMagik
    DarkMagik Member Posts: 822

Hex:Decay:Will this Hex is Up Dropped Pallets would be Destroyed in 10/7/5 Seconds after Dropped.If the Hex is destroyed causes Pallets nearby the Hex to be dropped if standing up & if it is dropped it would be destroyed.

• Vysenya
    Vysenya Member Posts: 11
    edited January 2021

Hangin' Out

While on the hook, if a survivor attempts to unhook you while in 10 meters of the killers terror radius the entity will block it.

This can only be triggered once during the first hook state.

• Juao
    Juao Member Posts: 1

An survivor perk idea (sorry, my english is rusty)

*Make it Better* (works only on yourself)

Increase effectiveness of equiped perks

For perks that works as a percentage: Increase the value by 5%

Example: Sprint Burst 155%

For perks that work with meters: Increase by 5 meters

Example: Leader 13 Meters

• Crimson_Lockhart
    Crimson_Lockhart Member Posts: 188

Killer Perk: For each gen done you get a token you can only get 3 token Movement speed by 3/4/5 % for each dead survivor you lose a token/speed.

• Zippy5
    Zippy5 Member Posts: 1

Killer Perks

Pirates Might: At the start of the trial, attack recovery and missed attack recovery speed are increased by 80% for 60/70/80 seconds

Jumping Fright: When a survivor rush vaults a pallet, the pallet breaks. Has a cool down of 60/50/40 seconds

Kill Joy: When putting a survivor on the dying state all generators not being worked on are closed by the entity for 15 seconds, if generators are worked on by survivors they receive the exposed status effect for 20 seconds. Has a cool down of 60/50/40 seconds

Ride the Lighting: After vaulting a window you gain a 9% haste status effect for 8 seconds. Has a cool down of 60/50/40 seconds.

Scourge Hook-Eternal Madness: When hooking a survivor on a scourge hook all windows are blocked by the entity for 15 seconds, and after hooked survivor is unhooked by a survivor all dropped pallets 12/18/24 meters of you are destroyed.

• Holylock
    Holylock Member Posts: 82

Killer perks:

Scourge Hook- Corrupted Innocence: Each time a Survivor is unhooked from a Scourge Hook, the following effects apply: The Survivor suffers from a 33 % self healing penalty. Other survivor that heal him scream and get exposed for 40/50/60 seconds. The perk only deactives after exposing someone.

Friends until the end: You become obsessed with one Survivor. The Obsession can only escape after being the last Survivor remaining in the Trial. Whenever the obsession gets healed, other survivors auras are shown to you for 5/6/7 seconds.

Don't touch what is mine: Whenever you damage a generators, the aura from survivors that were working on that generator are revealed to you for 3/4/5 seconds.

Unknown presence: At the start of the trial, you become undetectable for 15/18/21 seconds.

Funhouse: after vaulting a window you gain a undetectable effect for 6/7/8 seconds.

Hex- Burnout: The last 2/3/4 Survivors hit with either your Basic Attack or Special Attack suffer from the Exhausted Status Effect.

• CharlieChatBox
    CharlieChatBox Member Posts: 258

Is this just a thread to dump ideas, or do you want to hear feedback on your designs? Because they vary on both ends of the scale.