An Issue with Loading Screen Tips

One of the things I really miss from having the 4th Year Anniversary loading screen tips is the fact that the lack of loading screen tips meant that I wouldn't be told what killer I was going up against from any tips popping up on how to beat them.

(For example I face a Trapper and the game tells me how his power works while we're loading in to a trial)

These are fine for new players who know nothing about the game and how killers work but I've noticed a disappointing trend in how the game reveals to me if I'm going up against a stealthy killer such as Ghostface, Wraith, Pig or Shape. There is a scary feeling to being on a generator and not knowing if one of those killers is approaching you and it takes away one important horror aspect of the game.

I believe being able to detect which killer you're up against is a reward for being knowledgeable about the game, if you know that a jigsaw box means you're going up against the pig, it feels more rewarding for you than having the loading screen tips tell you who you're up against.

Comments