Suggestion for a Huntress Lullaby buff

Instead of impacting skill check queues(which is pointless against any survivor that's paying attention). Cause all survivors to hear the Huntress' lullaby, regardless of proximity or killer.

How is this different from just VSing Huntress? I'm glad you asked!

Each stack causes the lullaby to get a bit louder, with 5 stacks MUTING all other sounds. This incentivises Survivors to either use their eyes more, or hunt for the totem.

As an added bonus, survivors won't be notified at 0 stacks anymore(seriously, who thought that was a good idea?)

Comments

• SavouryRain
    SavouryRain Member Posts: 340

Holy crap I didn't even know that that was a thing...

Then maybe make it pop either when you fail a skill check or when the first one comes up after the first token?

• HollowsGrief
    HollowsGrief Member Posts: 1,497

I really wish I could downvote you just for the second statement you made. This perk is such a joke you could remove the Hex part of it and it still would be mediocre at best.

• Pryzm
    Pryzm Member Posts: 393

Lullaby is fine. I use it in several builds. Tamper with it too much and you could have a domino effect.

• Rivyn
    Rivyn Member Posts: 3,022

I like the idea, however, not for Lullaby. It's fine as it is. Just needs new totem spawns, but that goes for all Hex perks.

I've had a similar idea, however, with the increased humming range. Instead of a perk, I'd make it her second Iri addon. Landing a hatchet increases her humming to map wide.

• Freesham
    Freesham Member Posts: 262

Lullaby only really impacts newer players. Experienced survivors can finish gens and escape without having to cleanse it. It's not very threatening, as opposed to a very good hex perk called Devour Hope. DH is still very relevant because you get significant value from it once you get a few stacks, well worth the risk of it getting destroyed early. Currently there's no reason to run Lullaby in red ranks if you want a perk that has impact.

I wouldn't be opposed to a rework.

• JasmineDragon
    JasmineDragon Member Posts: 372

you're using it wrong. I use it with overcharge on my doctor at red ranks, works very well. Small skill checks with no notice that can be going counter clockwise can be BRUTAL

• Saitamfed
    Saitamfed Member Posts: 1,620
    edited July 2020

But you're forgetting that Lullaby can be used with any killer. How do you expect to make it work with any killer except Huntress, since humming is a characteristic of her.

• DetailedDetriment
    DetailedDetriment Member Posts: 2,632

This change would make the perk useless on other killers unless they happen to hum as well.

• KingFrost
    KingFrost Member Posts: 3,014

Lullaby should start with 1 token. That way it at least has a chance of getting some use from the beginning of the match, instead of being cleansed before you get your first down.

• CosmicParagon
    CosmicParagon Member Posts: 1,070

It's incredible that you can simultaneously read my post and not comprehend any of it. True to it's name, the perk causes the Huntress' lullaby to play for all survivors, REGARDLESS OF KILLER. They song gets louder with each stack, drowning out game sounds until it caps out and mutes the game entirely other than the song

• Zeus
    Zeus Member Posts: 2,112

I was thinking of a buff where if you get 3 stacks, you will not hear the skill check queue and if you get 5 stacks, survivors working on a generator become oblivious. Also you will only be notified that huntress lullaby is in effect after you get 3 stacks. Makes this perk more like devour hope but instead it's focused on generators than on survivors themselves.

• Neonwarrior
    Neonwarrior Member Posts: 7

It's fine other than you need to pretty much get 5 stacks to make it good against rank 1's, which makes it worse than Devour where you only need to get 3 stacks to get the main benefit. I say lower the stacks required from 5 to 3, or 4 if 3 is too low.

• Pryzm

Nor should it. Pig is one of my main killers, and even I know that the RBT is not meant to be a main source of killing a survivor. It is a threat that thay can't ignore and it buys you time as a killer. Time is the most precious commodity a killer has. Every survivor not on a gen is a bonus.

If survivors start popping heads due to RBT being impacted bi Lullaby, that wipes out all the BP gains and likely leads to a depip. No bueno.

• Munqaxus
    Munqaxus Member Posts: 2,752

Actually, what should happen is on the 5th Token, the skill check sound should sound randomly. Once the sound goes away, I can hit Huntress Lullaby all day long. It the timing for the notification sound for a skill check that messes me up.

• cloudface
    cloudface Member Posts: 93

I dumbly thought it did make the lullaby song in game for other killers which is why I bought it off the shrine: I figured it'd be confusing to hear the lullaby and then "Boogity-boo its actually me The Doctor, you goofballs! Go crazier!"

• C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 8,266

Hex only pick a dull totem after the 1st hook.

Cursed status only appears once survivors get their 1st modified skill check noti.

• Volfawott
    Volfawott Member Posts: 3,893

When in my post did you see me say it should be to get head kills not everybody who suggests a buff to bear traps wants for kills.

If I wanted to get unfair no skill head pops I would just run tampered timer and jigsaw sketch. Tampered timer being an add-on that I feel like needs a rework

Amanda is also my main she's been there since her release. Also you seem to act like survivors don't have any common sense.

It takes you approximately 3 to 5 hooks for you to properly start getting huntress lullaby online.

If you choose to save all your trap for bed then you're losing a bunch of stall and you're likely going to get rushed.

You choose to spread them out then some of the jobs are not going to be under the critical effect of huntress lullaby and even then people could just 99% gens until they either find a totem or someone gets it off.

• Daniel1313filho
    Daniel1313filho Member Posts: 30

The reason that alerts even without the First token is because of the extra penality on missing skill checks

• Pryzm
    edited July 2020

Relax, I was following the natural conclusion of no chime box checks. There will be many more head pops due to taking much longer to get the checks right, if at all.

As for 99% gens, they will stop doing that fast if you are patrolling and kicking gens. It will waste a ton of time. I've seen lots of tactics used against my Pig, but 99 is not used often because they figure out early that I'm everywhere.

If I remember correctly, there was a time where Lullaby was affecting box checks. I want to say it was a bug. I just remember there being lots of explosions from missed checks and a spike in head pops. It may have been sometime before the healing nerf 2 years ago.

Either way, I think it is a bad idea and it would discourage me from using Lullaby on Pig as I like to maximize my gameplay experience and bloodpoint.

• CosmicParagon
    CosmicParagon Member Posts: 1,070

No it doesn't? You can't hear ANYTHING. No TR, no footsteps, no chase music, no NOTHING. You're effectively facing Scratched Mirror Myers but they have a power

• DetailedDetriment
    DetailedDetriment Member Posts: 2,632

It just causes survivors to be more aware of their surroundings. It'll end up hurting more than helping.