More DCs then ever

RayrafLPP
RayrafLPP Member Posts: 621

Whats going on lately?

I had these situations in the past few days:

As Playing Killer:

Survivors bring two map offerings and the one that didnt get their map DCd.

Oh no i got downed first DC

Oh no Killer will reach hatch before my friend does DC

Oh no its a Pig! DC

Oh no I got grabbed off a Gen DC (1 in 100 grabs worked finally)

Oh we didnt get to finish the gen in the killers face DC

Oh no we wanted to finish the Gens but now its 2 people on the hook and the killer saw me DC

As Playing survivor:

Oh no its a Map offering DC

Oh no we got that Map DC

Oh no I lost track of the survivor in first chase DC

and one DC without me knowing why the PH dcd (probably crashed or parents pulled the plug because its dinner time)

TBH theres not many games where its a 3v1 early on in the game.

No wonder killers get many kills XD

Also I just watched an XQC clip that had me laugh:

"A quitters Bonus!?... HOW ABOUT A LEAVERS PENALTY?!?!?!?"

this discribes the DC Problem pretty good atm :)

Comments

• TheLastGreatStar
    TheLastGreatStar Member Posts: 1,002
    edited July 2020

I’m noticing this too. Last night I had 5 matches where survivors DC’d and 3 matches where the killer did. I also had 2 matches against the same Billy who would pretend to farm all game. And then kill his obsession with Rancor and let everybody else go. It was such a random night. 😂

• Aaliyah
    Aaliyah Member Posts: 52

I noticed this too while playing survivor. Teammates just randomly dc and the killer takes advantage of that.

• DrDeepwound
    DrDeepwound Member Posts: 2,557

"Oh no it's plague, I will just crouch and point under hook"

Sure, no prob Jake, you want on the hook, here ya go buddy

• Leachy_Jr
    Leachy_Jr Member Posts: 2,196

The dc penalty is off right now I think. I've also had tons of DCs.

This is proof to anyone who says the DC penalty does nothing.

• RayrafLPP

Well nothing the killer to blame for IMO.

I mean Killers dont want to farm every game, they just wanna play the game.

If you have a DC every second game like it feels now you just wanna get fast kills and move on to an actual challenge

• TheLastGreatStar

I get what you’re saying, but for me personally, if somebody DC’s or kills their self on the hook really early into the game, I’ll just farm for the rest. As I know how annoying it is as a survivor to have somebody trying to throw the match for the rest of the team and then also facing a killer who’s in full sweat mode.

• DrDeepwound

Did this last night, like, I just burned my last cake bruh, we getting this cheddar one way or the other

• TheLastGreatStar

I’m assuming you were playing as Legion? It annoys me how many people DC against them. I love Frank and people need to accept he just needs a hug. #LoveLegion

• MeltingPenguins
    MeltingPenguins Member Posts: 3,742

I made a rule out of it:

Playing Killer:

If one (or more) person dcs on their first hit/hook if not earlier, I'm going 'bloody shepherd' mode and help the other survivors win.

Likewise if the survivors are just toxic, I'll just stand to the side and have a smoke. You're not getting any chase/blind/pallet BPs out of me, darlings.

Playing Survivor:

I'll see what the killer is doing, but usually stay around till the match is finished to throw shade as the dcers

• DrDeepwound
    edited July 2020

Has any dev even declared that to be the case?

True said it could be hackers but I have not seen a dev state that it was hackers doing it. True immediately says in the video "is this the new hack" and bam everywhere people saying it was hackers, how do we know it is if devs havent said it was?

• RayrafLPP

I also get what youre on about, but thats just where people are different.

There are also survivors that just want to end the game fast if someone DCs but want to keep the BP.

In the end its on the killer who decides to end that match fast or farm a bit and both options are totally fine to me.

Its not the killer who DCd its the DCing survivor who should get the "hate"^^

Poor killers get called out for tryharding after the DC when they just want to play a normal game asap

• TheLastGreatStar

Some killers do play extra sweaty when it isn’t warranted though. I’ve had plenty of matches where somebody has DC’d at the start and the killer will hard vision tunnel people off hooks etc. I just don’t see why that’s necessary when they already have a huge advantage. I’ll only play ‘nice’ if it’s not a cocky team. I just don’t find it fun being able to steam roll through a lobby because it’s now a 1 vs 3. I also get more BP when they let me farm hooks as most survivors will just die on their first hook if you don’t start farming with them in these types of games. So I see it as a win for both sides.

But, everybody is free to play how they want. I just personally don’t find enjoyment in matches where I feel like I’m being handed a win.

• Xpljesus
    Xpljesus Member Posts: 395

One thing to consider is the fact we know DC penalties will be back soon. I'm personally, and I feel many others are taking full advantage of the fact we get the temporary luxury of not having to face Spirit/Deathslinger/Pyramid Head or play on Ormond/Midwich/Haddonfield, as it'll inevitably be gone for good again soon. Also the fact they added two of the four most unfun killers to go against and the worst map ever, to many, after adding the DC penalties will probably result in more DCs than previously.

When I get Midwich, the worst map in the game by far, and I know I'll only be able to DC a guaranteed unfun experience for likely up to 10 more days, I'll absolutely take advantage of it.

I see it similar as a child having a toy, but partially neglecting it. You take the toy away and they really want it back, and when they get it back, they give it more attention. I've been seeing way more DCs since the removal of the penalties than before them.

• sulaiman
    sulaiman Member Posts: 3,219

when i play killer and someone get an dc early (only a legit one, being caught and dc doesnt count, that player just chose death) then i play the game normaly, but i never hook a player for the 3. time. Instead, i slug them after their 2. hook, until i "won" the game. Then i let them go. This way, you still get a somewhat thrilling game instead of just a stupid farm. Sure, there are survivors that just hooksuicide, but thats on them.