Jargon Defined?

DeadFreakWalkn
DeadFreakWalkn Member Posts: 20
edited July 2020 in General Discussions

Hey guys. Noob trying to improve here. I see a lot of jargon in these boards, but haven't been able to piece them all together. Can I get some explainations for these following terms?

Swf (squad with... "phone"??)[I think I am a "solo" player];

wp (typically seen as gg wp);

toxic (what this means as both survivor and killer).

Thanks guys,

~DFW

Comments

• rottmeister
    rottmeister Member Posts: 316
    edited July 2020

Survive with friends

Well played

Playing in a way that is deemed "unfun" for the other side. Making the match as unfun as possible for the other side.

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,771

Swf means "Survive With Friends", which is what the old lobby used to be called where you'd queue up to play with buddies. When they integrated the party system they just put it in the "Play as survivor" lobby yet many people still call it Survive With Friends, or SWF. Afaik it's pronounced "swiff".

Wp- well played; complimenting your opponent and saying they did good.

Toxic- Meant to be given to things that ruin the fun and experience of players, at this point it's basically just a label for things that people don't like (or in my case just a joke).

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,710

Toxic isn’t really well defined. But rottmeister made a good explanation.

additionally toxic can also mean just being insulting in endgame chat. Some even say that is the only way to be really toxic since everything else is „just playing the game“ eg teabagging/buttdancing after a pallet stun is often considered toxic behavior, but some say it’s just a way to get the killers full attention so that they get more angry thus making more mistakes and leaving other survs alone.

• TreSen
    TreSen Member Posts: 186

SWF means pre-grouped players, usually with comms/microphones but not always

WP means well played, a rare compliment

Toxic means someone doing anything that you don't like, especially if you lost because of it

• DeadFreakWalkn
    DeadFreakWalkn Member Posts: 20

Awesome - Thank you everyone for the explanations! =)

~DFW

• MeltingPenguins
    MeltingPenguins Member Posts: 3,742

Also:

glhf = Good Luck Have Fun, usually used as a 'good bye' when leaving the aftermath lobby

can be used as a more dbd appropriate 'gfhl' Good Fun, Have Luck, too