Please note: Although we may stop by occasionally, this is not a developer Q&A.

Game crashing my console

Had the game about a month now on my PS4. 2 weeks in it would randomly shut off my PlayStation while trying to log in. This is the only game it does it on. I’ve looked everywhere online and put in a ticket for support here. My console isn’t hot and it is clean. I’ve tried restarting, turning it off and unplugging for 5 min and turning back on and I’ve deleted it and downloaded it again. It’s just steadily gotten worse so today I haven’t been able to get on at all. Can someone please help me?!

Answers

• shanny_boi
    shanny_boi Member Posts: 146

I've had exactly the same problem. When I used to play DBD on PS4, it kept saying the system was overheating but I had just turned it on. I'm still not sure what the problem is, I've tried everything to fix it. In the end, I just gave up and played it on my Nintendo Switch. Is your PS4 old? Does it have proper ventilation?

• KittyKat8689
    KittyKat8689 Member Posts: 8

@shanny_boi

Yes it is old, got it in 2013. I’ve kept good care of it. Had zero problems with it until I downloaded this game. I still have no issues with the console itself, just this game.

• shanny_boi
    shanny_boi Member Posts: 146

Yeah, I too have a very old PS4. Ever since I got it, no game has ever made my system shut down other than Dead by Daylight. This is just my assumption but I think the older versions of the PS4 are just not optimized for this game. The PS4 Pro or the PS4 Slim might be better suited to run it.

I remember being in that situation and just being so frustrated. Sorry to hear it. Hopefully you can get it to work.

• KillScreen
    KillScreen Member Posts: 166

Looks like you guys don't have a warranty anymore. It means that your console its overheating, the thermal paste its dry. Take your ps4 to a repair store and ask for the console to be cleaned and add new thermal paste. It will increase your ps4 life span.

• KittyKat8689

@KillScreen

The console is not the issue. This does this as soon as I turn it on after it’s been off for hours. I’ve done some research and it looks like some high power PC and newer PS4 and Xbox models have this issue with just this game.

• KillScreen

Take it or leave it. I'm not gonna argue with stubborn people.

• KittyKat8689

@KillScreen not trying to argue. Just trying to find solution. I was letting you know that it was happening as soon as I was turning it on.

• KillScreen

It only takes a couple of seconds to overheat.

Its been 7 years since you bought your console. Thermal paste and fans should be changed/cleaned every 2 to 3 years. I bet that even on other games the ps4 its really loud (like someone's vacuuming the room). No matter if its a fat or slim ps4, a clean ps4 should make close to no noise at all. You're reducing the ps4 life span by stressing the fans/gpu. We're talking about a 30€'s maintenance.