The missed potential of Demogorgon

SirCracken
SirCracken Member Posts: 1,414

This is not a post about how weak/overpowered Demo is. It's about the personality and behaviour of our favourite flower-mouthed monstrosity and what I find to be its lacklustre adaption into dbd.

Although opinions may obviously vary, I think that the Demogorgon we see in game is nowhere near as threatening as it was depicted on screen. And I think a big reason for this is the lack of interaction with the Upside Down.

One of Demogorgon's most terrifying abilities, the ability to drag you to an alternate dimension without warning where no one could hear your screams, has been relegated to generic teleport that simply takes you from A to B. With the minor benefit of getting some map knowledge when placing portals near gens.

I know why the devs didn't go with the alternate dimension idea when designing Demo. The last time they tried something like that they created the first iteration of Freddy. But there's so much potential with this idea that was missed!

Imagine seeing your buddy dragged into the Upside Down and hooked, being unable to unhook them until you go in the Upside Down to save them! Or what about if 3 of the 7 gens could only be repaired in the Upside Down, and being in there made Demo's terror radius static, similar to Huntress' and Freddy's.

Survivors in the Upside Down could have an effect surrounding their icon to give the team information on how many people were in which dimension, survivors in the real world could pull survivors in the Upside Down out if they were within a certain radius, there's so much that could be done here!

Don't mistake me, I'm not asking for a rework to Demogorgon. But I really wish his power was more akin to what I just mentioned. I think it would be so much more interesting than what we have now.

Comments