Remove Afterchat and nerf swf

Short thing short: Remove the afterchat, cause no one needs it. People just blame the others for #########.
And nerf swf. If the killer play against swf, the repairingspeed of all survivors are reduced by 25%.

Comments

• feffrey
    feffrey Member Posts: 886
    more entitled whinning
  • feffrey
    feffrey Member Posts: 886

@TheBean said:
    Turn the chat off if you don't want to use it. There is the option to do that. So you can actually remove it yourself.

Why nerf survivors playing SWF?... If anything, you are seeing killers getting buffed because of SWF. Buff killers for SWF, don't nerf survivors.

Because of the fact that they are too strong due voicechat. "Oh I am getting chase and their is his totem."
    And why run empathy and ######### like that, if you know where they are.
    Just nerf swf or all survivors suffers from a bad balance+ranking system. Thats why I think that swf needs to get nerfed and not buff the killers to hell, so the casual not high rank survivors getting destroyed.

killers need a nerf one Hex per game
  • RSB
    RSB Member Posts: 2,258

+1

• RepliCant
    RepliCant Member Posts: 1,436

@TheBean said:
    Turn the chat off if you don't want to use it. There is the option to do that. So you can actually remove it yourself.

Why nerf survivors playing SWF?... If anything, you are seeing killers getting buffed because of SWF. Buff killers for SWF, don't nerf survivors.

Problems:

Nerfing Survivors around SWF hurts Solo players
    Buffing Survivors around SWF than buffing Killers makes playing solo survivor undesirable.

• George_Soros
    George_Soros Member Posts: 2,270

Short thing short: Remove the afterchat, cause no one needs it. People just blame the others for #########.
    And nerf swf. If the killer play against swf, the repairingspeed of all survivors are reduced by 25%.

Ludicrous. I very often have a nice and polite/funny chat with the opposing side after a game, whichever role I play and regardless of outcome. Just quit if you don't like it. Really, it's just a ragepost.
    Swf ruining the balance of the game makes some sense, I think everyone agrees voice chat is an unfair advantage, but it's not like it's impossible to beat an swf team of four, it's just much more difficult. But that's the way a lot of survivors like to play, at this point it would be hard to remove this option. I'd suggest giving a checkbox to killer hosts to allow/disallow swf groups to join. Would save some time that's lost due to lobby dodges too.
  • Peasant
    Peasant Member Posts: 4,104

@The_Daydreamer What've you got against swf? Nevermind stuff like that's probably personal. Anyway, SWF isn't going anywhere and here's why:

Long ago in a distant past, SWF didn't exist. However, many survivors wanted to play together online. This led to one friend joining a lobby while their other friend(s) frantically joined and quit lobbies until they could all by sheer luck end up in one lobby. This badly affected wait times and in general was annoying. So the great and all-powerful BHVR created a system that lets survivors queue together in a group. The result? Now survivors can choose whether or not to group up with friends which helps keep people in lobbies. However, while some players sought unity for casual games with their friends some saw this tool as a weapon and attempt to use it to bully killers and solo-queue survivors to this day.

SWF is a good mechanic and a fair one in most cases, it's just every now and again you see survivors with SWAT team coordination and toxic behavior that ruin it for everyone else. Don't nerf SWF, buff everyone else to handle it.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

No & umfg yes pls

• TheBean
    TheBean Member Posts: 2,320

@DeadByFlashlight said:
    buffing the killers would hurt solo survivors
    Thats why its the correct solution to nerf SWF

However that isn't what is going on. Solos are getting buffed to bring them to SWF levels.. Killers are getting buffs to compete with SWF. The Devs have been doing that the last few major updates.

Nobody likes nerfs. A nerf comes out and people complain. So why nerf... Buff. Everyone likes buffs. It is a mind game that is being played to keep people happy. So stop calling for nerfs, won't happen unless it is absolutely needed. Buffs are the way to go.

• The_Daydreamer
    The_Daydreamer Member Posts: 735

Is it so rare that a survivor main calls for survivor nerfs? uff, this people.
    I dont have that problem against swf, even tho its still annoying.
    I understand that swf is a good for the game. I like it too to play with mates, etc. But with VC its really annoying. Perks are getting useless and buffing speed, reducing paletts isnt something that fix this problems.
    And buffing both sides its a bit stupid, because of the ranking system. Like I said, casual not high rank players have already a big problem. If they have a buff/nerf-system that is based of the ranking system, then we can talk about buffing survivor/killer again.

Maybe I am wrong with "nerfing swf" because not high rank players suffers too hard. But the ranking system needs to get improved to fix this problems.

• Visionmaker
    Visionmaker Member Posts: 2,051
    Great, so people will lobby dodge till they find they find their friends. Queues will be ######### because 70% of lobbies house SWF. Killers will still complain. Non-tryhard SWF will quit the game.
    Great plan.

• Peasant
    Peasant Member Posts: 4,104

Is it so rare that a survivor main calls for survivor nerfs? uff, this people.
    I dont have that problem against swf, even tho its still annoying.
    I understand that swf is a good for the game. I like it too to play with mates, etc. But with VC its really annoying. Perks are getting useless and buffing speed, reducing paletts isnt something that fix this problems.
    And buffing both sides its a bit stupid, because of the ranking system. Like I said, casual not high rank players have already a big problem. If they have a buff/nerf-system that is based of the ranking system, then we can talk about buffing survivor/killer again.

Maybe I am wrong with "nerfing swf" because not high rank players suffers too hard. But the ranking system needs to get improved to fix this problems.

The ranking system needs an overhaul and they need a casual mode (that gives points). Doing this will solve most of your problems.
  • F5arTheB5ard
    F5arTheB5ard Member Posts: 118
    Instead of nerfs and buffs why not just make a actual ranked mode. No parties or SWF. I've always thought that would be the simplest solution, but I'm no developer 🤔
  • Visionmaker
    edited September 2018
    Instead of nerfs and buffs why not just make a actual ranked mode. No parties or SWF. I've always thought that would be the simplest solution, but I'm no developer 🤔
    Tell me, what killer would want to play casual mode? You know, when every SWF party is funneled into it.
    It also makes no sense that ranked would be easier than casual.
  • HellDescent
    HellDescent Member Posts: 4,883

Just remove swf period

• Visionmaker

Just remove swf period

Enjoy your dead game
  • DeadByFlashlight
    DeadByFlashlight Member Posts: 1,642

@TheBean said:

@DeadByFlashlight said:

However that isn't what is going on. Solos are getting buffed to bring them to SWF levels.. Killers are getting buffs to compete with SWF. The Devs have been doing that the last few major updates.

Nobody likes nerfs. A nerf comes out and people complain. So why nerf... Buff. Everyone likes buffs. It is a mind game that is being played to keep people happy. So stop calling for nerfs, won't happen unless it is absolutely needed. Buffs are the way to go.

You say killers and solo survivors are getting buffs, nothign has happened so far yet, that did NOT happen during the last updates.

Whether you buff soloszurvivor and killer or nerf swf doesnt matter, but nerfing SWF directly is the logical approach and is easier balance-wise. "Nobody likes to get nerfed" omg dude, pls grow up

• Visionmaker
    edited September 2018

@DeadByFlashlight said:

@TheBean said:

@DeadByFlashlight said:

You say killers and solo survivors are getting buffs, nothign has happened so far yet, that did NOT happen during the last updates.

Whether you buff soloszurvivor and killer or nerf swf doesnt matter, but nerfing SWF directly is the logical approach and is easier balance-wise. "Nobody likes to get nerfed" omg dude, pls grow up

Nothing has happened so far yet? Lmao #########??

Increased pick up speed that basically nerfed flashlight and pallet saves? Trapper, Hag, Wraith buffs? Freddy and Pig buffs already slated to come? Huntress, Hag, and Spirit lunge buffs? Exhaustion debuff removal and invincibility frames after unhooking? Allowing every survivor to see the obsession? Even the passive Kindred the devs are considering isn't a buff to you?

Why are you speaking when you're clearly not playing the same game as everyone else?

The only real thing the devs need to do is stop trying to pander to children who cannot be pleased.

• DeadByFlashlight
    DeadByFlashlight Member Posts: 1,642

@Visionmaker said:

@DeadByFlashlight said:

@TheBean said:

@DeadByFlashlight said:

Increased pick up speed that basically nerfed flashlight and pallet saves? Trapper, Hag, Wraith buffs? Freddy and Pig buffs already slated to come? Huntress, Hag, and Spirit lunge buffs? Exhaustion debuff removal and invincibility frames after unhooking? Allowing every survivor to see the obsession? Even the passive Kindred the devs are considering isn't a buff to you?

Why are you speaking when you're clearly not playing the same game as everyone else?

The only real thing the devs need to do is stop trying to pander to children who cannot be pleased.

You are mentioning minor buffs that have . to do with the SWF/solo situation....

Passive kindred, where? And btw, passive kindred would benefit SWF too ^^

• Visionmaker
    edited September 2018

@DeadByFlashlight said:

@Visionmaker said:

@DeadByFlashlight said:

@TheBean said:

@DeadByFlashlight said:

You are mentioning minor buffs that have . to do with the SWF/solo situation....

Passive kindred, where? And btw, passive kindred would benefit SWF too ^^

Like I said. Devs, if you read this, take note: this is the type of person you are trying to please.

Dev Q&A. Playing in SWF is passive Kindred if you aren't a garbage player. There is no further benefit.

• Flimflam
    Flimflam Member Posts: 103

You can't remove or nerf SWF since that would probably kill the game. The devs need to implement features that help bring randos closer to SWF. Things like in game pings or notifications of who is in the killers TR and who is currently in a chase are very important.

• TheBean
    TheBean Member Posts: 2,320

@DeadByFlashlight said:

Why do you think survivors see notifications for totems?... Perk notifications?... So solo survivors know ruin is there.. that you have we'll make it... etc.

Killer buffs?... Why did Mr Bing Bong get buffed?... Trapper? Why are they looking at other killers?... Because of solo players?... Nah.. cause they need to be more powerful to compete with SWF. Killers don't need to compete with the solo players as much as the SWF players. You know the difference between the two groups. No one is coming here complaining about being matched up against 4 solo players.

These kind of things are happening for a reason. They need to bring up the information level of solo survivors so they don't get screwed over by not being in SWF using VOIP. Killers wouldn't be touched if they only were playing against solo players.

It is psychological. They put out a nerf... People cry and ######### about it. They put out buffs... People are happy.... Make sense? I think you haven't been paying close attention to what the Developers talk about on streams.

• will_i_am_14_85
    will_i_am_14_85 Member Posts: 489

Imagine the amount of time and effort and planning went into conceiving a game around the fact that there was going to be no voice chat, no way for the survivors to communicate and then not long after release introduce SWF that can use discord......

The whole concept of the game went out of the window at that very moment and they are still scratching their heads trying to figure out how to handle SWF.

• TeaLeaf
    TeaLeaf Member Posts: 205

The biggest issue is their are huge gaps in ability and advantage between solo/swf groups. Not only that their is huge gaps in skill between your usual person who plays at lower ranks vs high ranks. DBD is a game that does not want to branch out, it does not want new game modes, it wants to run its current formula while adding new content DLC. The issue is if you balance for any one spectrum you crush the other. Given DBD unwillingness to diversify the game and inability to make a meaningful ranking system; the only thing to do is bring solo up to SWF and balance that.

Issue is of course that we have to accept despite any thing the devs say this is not a horror game any more, not after the early ranks. Their is no real suspense... its tag simulator! Built in "jail/time out" for all \o/. This personally makes me sad, the feel of the game just isn't the same magic as those early explorations are. It is what it is though.

• DocFabron
    DocFabron Member Posts: 2,410
    Instead of 25% repair penalty, they ought to balance gen speeds. Nobody likes sitting at a gen hashing out easy skillchecks one after another, so just add extra objectives to it. Make survivors find parts to start repairing, and make them have to flip breakers for the power to reach the gates.

That to me would be so much better than just increasing the time it takes to complete a fairly boring action. 

As for totems, they need to find better spots to hide them in general. The thing that sucks however, is that survivors will just relearn where the spawn points are. Maybe have a weaker passive TOTH effect, where it only notifies you if the totem is being cleansed. Perhaps a little QoL change for hexes could include a little timer over the icon of the hex that's being cleansed.
  • DexyIV
    DexyIV Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 515

If you have such a problem with swf just dodge. Go through their friends lists, if they all have their friends lists hidden or you just see they're all mutual friends, dodge. I don't personally dodge if they're all swf unless they all bring the same item or something. You have the tools at your disposal to completely avoid swf. Should probably use them :P

• HellDescent
    HellDescent Member Posts: 4,883

@Visionmaker said:
    HellDescent said:

Just remove swf period

Enjoy your dead game

I doubt that

• RSB
    RSB Member Posts: 2,258

@Dudddd said:
    RSB said:

@Doc_W__HOLLIDAY said:

Dudddd said:

Remove yourself from the community.

Was that really necessary?

Look at his name.

Does my name make you anxious? 

Horny, I have a crush for ochi fanboys.

• The_Daydreamer

@DexyIV said:
    If you have such a problem with swf just dodge. Go through their friends lists, if they all have their friends lists hidden or you just see they're all mutual friends, dodge. I don't personally dodge if they're all swf unless they all bring the same item or something. You have the tools at your disposal to completely avoid swf. Should probably use them :P

Like I already said, I dont have that much problem with them. Its just not fun.
    But I wont explain everything twice.
    And I wont dodge them, because I already need 15-20 Minutes for a full lobby in rank 1. I think thats why its annoys me so much more: I need ass of time to have a game and this game sucks sometimes asses with 4 toolboxes or worse #########. But thats just how it is. I still get my kills.

• Lowbei
    Lowbei Member Posts: 2,637
    if you dont like the chat, you can hide it.
  • redsopine1
    redsopine1 Member Posts: 1,437

So base nurf for 2 is 15 four man team 25
  • Lowbei
    Lowbei Member Posts: 2,637
    Jack11803 said:

I think your spine needs a buff. That’s if you have one at all.

sick burn
  • Seanzu
    Seanzu Member Posts: 7,526
    edited September 2018

In this thread - bad killers needing their hand held everywhere they go.

and honestly - getting upset at end game chat that you can hide.

• powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068

@SenzuDuck said:

>

and honestly - getting upset at end game chat that you can hide.

Also you can leave, not pay attention to chat if it bothers you etc.

I usually have good convos with either side when I'm playing and if someone wants to flame let them sate their ego. They might just blow off some steam before their next match and I don't really care unless they really cross a line then I report them.

• Zanfer
    Zanfer Member Posts: 647

Even if swf didn't use voice chat, nothing stops them from typing in a steam group or typing in a message in a 3rd party source. You can't really stop it which is why I don't have arguments for it anymore..

• Zanfer
    Zanfer Member Posts: 647

@TheBean said:

@DeadByFlashlight said:

Why do you think survivors see notifications for totems?... Perk notifications?... So solo survivors know ruin is there.. that you have we'll make it... etc.

Killer buffs?... Why did Mr Bing Bong get buffed?... Trapper? Why are they looking at other killers?... Because of solo players?... Nah.. cause they need to be more powerful to compete with SWF. Killers don't need to compete with the solo players as much as the SWF players. You know the difference between the two groups. No one is coming here complaining about being matched up against 4 solo players.

These kind of things are happening for a reason. They need to bring up the information level of solo survivors so they don't get screwed over by not being in SWF using VOIP. Killers wouldn't be touched if they only were playing against solo players.

It is psychological. They put out a nerf... People cry and ######### about it. They put out buffs... People are happy.... Make sense? I think you haven't been paying close attention to what the Developers talk about on streams.

The devs did say kindred would be base for all survivors which would definitely help solo survivor to show who is going for the rescue or not so you don't waste as much time for two people running across map for a save when one person could have been on a generator.

• TheHourMan
    TheHourMan Member Posts: 1,052
    The vast majority of post-game chat is "gg"

You only remember the negative ones more because they stand out in your memory. That's psychology too.
  • Dreamnomad
    Dreamnomad Member Posts: 3,844

SWF doesn't need nerfed. This is one of those "be careful what you wish for" kind of things. Nerf or remove SWF and the number of players willing to be survivors will plummet. Less survivors means even longer (possibly infinite) wait times. You should just be grateful that there are players willing to be your kill toys at all.

• d4zed
    d4zed Member Posts: 5

The problem is, swf and none-swf is just far away from balanced.
    Four players all by themselves is very easy to beat as a killer. And SWF is almost impossible to beat. There needs to be a kind of balance for the game.
    Maybe only swf groups of two or three are allowed, or the bps of the survivors are divided by the size of the group, or swf are only allowed two perks per player, or killer hex perks are no hex perks with swf, or the killers doesn't mind if his weapon gets dirty with swf, or he doesn't look down when he breaks a pallet with swf...

I don't know what, but something has to be done to balance swf and none-swf play.

I will not even get started on how toxic swf groups are, but at least this makes me want to hook them even more ;-)

• The_Daydreamer

After many friendly answers I changed my opinion, so thanks guys.

• Outland
    Outland Member Posts: 535

@Dreamnomad said:
    SWF doesn't need nerfed. This is one of those "be careful what you wish for" kind of things. Nerf or remove SWF and the number of players willing to be survivors will plummet. Less survivors means even longer (possibly infinite) wait times. You should just be grateful that there are players willing to be your kill toys at all.

I seriously doubt this, but I'd be willing to test the theory out.

I think you'd find that many players would still play, even if they had to play solo.

• Judgement
    Judgement Member Posts: 955
    edited September 2018
    Only thing SWF needs changed is the rank matchmaking.
    Having a single Survivor at Rank 20 makes it possible for the rest of the team of Rank 1 Survivors to get matched with a new Rank 15-20 Killer.
    Having four Survivors at ranks 1, 7, 13, and 20 allows the team to be matched with ANY RANK KILLER.
    SWF matchmaking should exclusively match the lobby with the highest possible rank Killer within the default range.
    Rank 1-4 (red zone) Survivor in there? Get a Rank 1 Killer.
  • Kilmeran
    Kilmeran Member Posts: 3,142

@TheBean said:

How and where? Because I could not find it. Or is that a console thing? I'm on PC.