Fixing Steve's Perk: Babysitter

Babysitter as it is right now is, When you unhook a Survivor, the unhooked Survivor leaves no Scratch Marks or Blood Trail for the next 4/6/8 seconds.

Both you and the Killer see each other's aura for 4 seconds.

I believe that this is one of the weakest perks in the game. In practice it does almost nothing for both parties and gives away your position to the killer (the killer can probably guess that you would be there anyway, which makes it useless for killer as well.

My idea to change Babysitter would be to make it an exhaustion perk. So instead of what the perk does now. Whenever you unhook a survivor you gain the haste status effect and move at 150% after unhooking the survivor for 3 seconds. The survivor being unhooked gains a haste of 5% for 5 seconds. The perk can not be activated while exhausted.

This is just an idea off the top of my head I but I think that this is much better off then what the perk does right now. You wouldn't be able to run sprint burst with this build, but I believe that making babysitter an exhaustion helps to balance it. Let me know what you guys think.

Comments

• II_KURO_II
    II_KURO_II Member Posts: 44

I think it should be like how it is now, mixed with a really watered-down close proximity BT kind of affect.

Your idea is really good, though. If you kept the aura-seeing part, it could also be used to try and help another survivor possibly in a chase, because, like the quote says (if I remember correctly), he's supposed to be keeping you safe.

• Poochkips
    Poochkips Member Posts: 265

Run distortion with it and its actually really strong as neither you or the person you refused leave scratch marks for 10 seconds basically