PC players are "tryhards"

Options
Meg_Survivor
Meg_Survivor Member Posts: 199
edited July 2020 in General Discussions

so i keep hearing ppl say that pc players are tryhards and its going to make the game not enjoyable when cross-play releases. Saying it will be too hard for console players to go up against anyone with a mouse and keyboard . I play on ps4 but im honestly excited to be able to play with pc players like maybe this could really show your strengths and weaknesses as a killer and survivor and really be able to see where u stand in the game ? I cant wait to cross-play comes out and i dont think pc players are considered "tryhards" just because of a diff platform they play on

Comments

• Heartbound
    Heartbound Member Posts: 3,255
    Options

I hope we have lots of fun playing together! I can't help that I'm on PC. I just never bought a console. Experienced maybe, but not a tryhard.

• Zeus
    Zeus Member Posts: 2,112
    Options

I rhink the only issue consoles will have against PC players is when consoles play killer. I wouldn't be opposed to PC players not being able to see red glow of console killers. I'm not sure if it's even possible to hide red glow for them.

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814
    Options

That excuse is worn. Mostly because the term "tryhard" is more insulting to the would-be insulter, and the fact that I seem to see more toxicity complaints from console players than PC players. The only thing I worry about it the difference in quality leading to unfair advantages: it's no secret that DBD doesn't run well on consoles, regardless of processing power.

• Slickstyles
    Slickstyles Member Posts: 446
    Options

By tryhards, I think they meant that the killers/survivors run the most broken ######### in every match which is absolutely bogus. As killer, you will rarely run into 4 man swfs all running ds/unbreakable/bt/dh/sb and as survivor, not all killers will tunnel/camp with the most oppressive addon combos.

• Tactless_Ninja
    Tactless_Ninja Member Posts: 1,791
    Options

It's not Cowadoody. The game is about positioning and setup, not clicking heads.

• Swiftblade131
    Swiftblade131 Member Posts: 2,050
    edited July 2020
    Options

We will see, I think it will be fairly even, aside from a case of like, the Nurse for example.

I have plenty of friends who play exclusively on console, that do play DBD fairly regularly. By the sound of it, they are not concerned.

Doesn't matter what platform you are playing on, there will always be "tryhards", people who play more than you, and people who play far less than you. The only thing separating anything is control scheme, and most people seem to think it's a non-factor for the vast majority of games.

Put in the time, you'll be fine.

• CrowFoxy
    CrowFoxy Member Posts: 1,310
    Options

Controller is actually considered superior for survivor by a lot!

• Pawcelot
    Pawcelot Member Posts: 985
    Options

Its a meme coming from the "PC MASTER RACE" thing. There's "tryhards" on every platform.. even on Mobile. Although on Mobile, I think the tryharding includes more pay-2-win microtransactions to give you that edge you need.

• AVoiceOfReason
    AVoiceOfReason Member Posts: 2,723
    Options

I came from PS4 to PC. The only difference was the turning aspect for killer since Console had a slower turning speed that made 360'ing a killer stupid easy. Otherwise, it's about the same. Hell, using a controller as a survivor is easier on PC because its smoother turning and you can choose how fast or slow you want to walk by tilting the stick.

• PigMainClaudette
    PigMainClaudette Member Posts: 3,842
    Options

It mainly stems from people going on and on about PC performances, and the advantages of M&KB within FPS games. Most, if not all, of the most noted content creators are all on PC and with M&KB.

There is also the matter of posts like one earlier today asking about Endgame Chat, where the OP delightfully asked about salty console players complaining to them after they destroyed them. Just something else to consider.

• dastru
    dastru Member Posts: 165
    Options

this is good now pc players will have to deal with the fabulous fps ps4 players deal with this game, looks like the devs will deal with people from both parties calling them out for not delivering that optimization promised years ago

• DrDeepwound
    DrDeepwound Member Posts: 2,557
    edited July 2020
    Options

Console players act as if there are not a ton of PC gamers who use controllers when playing DbD.

USB controllers exist console players,.... side note, I havent purchased a console since the PS1 LOL

• BloodyNights
    BloodyNights Member Posts: 526
    Options

I spent probably a hundred hours or so on the PC playing solo as both Survivor and Killer a while back. I got to rank 1 on both sides using a ps4 controller. The only real difference I noticed is when playing against Huntress, and Nurse the killers missed less often. I mean maybe they could do some 360 spin mind games a bit easier, if that effects you.

Tbh all this will really do is make Nurses scary to console players, and finding games much faster...hopefully. lol

• ALostPuppy
    ALostPuppy Member Posts: 3,398
    Options

Funny thing about this statement is that console players have absolutely no issues playing with and against PC players in Modern Warfare, yet a lot of people aren't even willing to try it out in DbD. In fact in MW they tend to kill me more than fellow PC players because of autoaim and simplicity of controls, 2 things DbD already has.

• andyollolloll
    andyollolloll Member Posts: 940
    Options

Cross play will bring two things....

Worse killers with console killers like Huntress and Scary Cowboy

and

A disadvantage to more killers with virtually all console SWFs using third party comms included with their operating system

To be honest it must really suck being a console Huntress but don't worry if you're used to it now then it will not get worse as survivors will hardly be affected.