Have you ever been called a hacker & if yes why.

Options
2»

Comments

• katoptris
    katoptris Member Posts: 3,100
    Options

One time as prework freddy i apparently knew everyone location. After the game i told them i had class photo on. They knew about the sleep timer being more but not the second uses of it. Class photo pretty much let you see awake during the sleep transition of another.

• Rivyn
    Rivyn Member Posts: 3,005
    Options

I was called a wall hacker once because I could see them through walls. As Plague, with Black Incense.

• katoptris
    katoptris Member Posts: 3,100
    Options

Black Incense used to work on slugged survivors as well. I kinda missed that tbh :(

• DragonMasterDarren
    DragonMasterDarren Member Posts: 2,766
    Options

I got accused of hacks after hitting a shred once, mainly because it was down to a small lapse in connection and i ended up hitting him through a window after he finished the animation and was already running

• GreenPufferFish
    GreenPufferFish Member Posts: 498
    Options

i have been called hacker loads of times but one of the most memrobal what happens killer pretends to let me go hatch, closes hatch in my face i get up with adrenline then open the hatch with key again

• DankEngine
    DankEngine Member Posts: 17
    Options

During the days of peer to peer connection I was always accused of lag switching because they had like 500ms in my lobbies (I'm from South Africa and they were from like Britain and Portugal ect)

• Uistreel
    Uistreel Member Posts: 634
    Options

Yes a few times, this was definitely the most humorous though. NC = Wallhacks. I think that was why?

Don't think I have to worry about censoring either names, they were both changed a long time ago.

• MegaWaffle
    MegaWaffle Member Posts: 4,172
    Options

I play PS4 so its rare to have anyone accuse you of "hacking" but I did have a new player question me on how I always seemed to know where he was. Turns out the poor lad didn't know survivors left scratch marks when they ran and he thought I was possibly wall hacking.

Ended up with a laugh and the guy was pretty good spirited about it after.

• MegaWaffle
    MegaWaffle Member Posts: 4,172
    Options

As an uncle I never let my nephew win simply for the sake he's younger (I mean I also don't go "all out" either) because I want him (and I explain this) to realize things will not always be easy, but with practice and determination you CAN overcome challenges. He is incredibly good spirited when it comes to board games and video games, even when he loses. He is one of the first people to say "Don't let me win, I want to beat you", the little bugger haha.

• Sandwich_Jesus
    Sandwich_Jesus Member Posts: 266
    Options

called a wall hacker because i looked in the basement because i couldn't find anyone near the gen next to it.

called a speed hacker because i landed on someone and managed to hit them whilst they had balanced landing

• Verconissp
    Verconissp Member Posts: 1,576
    Options

I got called hacker on my stream... lol cause a killer main with over 3k+ hours can actually track even after Bbq is over..

Proof: https://clips.twitch.tv/GiftedVictoriousAniseSoBayed

• MusicNerd_TC
    MusicNerd_TC Member Posts: 3,099
    Options
  • Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,796
    Options

I was called a hacker playing scratched mirror Myers because I found a Blendette crouching in a random corner.

• EvilJoshy
    EvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,295
    Options

I've been called a hacker numerous times when running Whispers. It's like most survivors know what BBQ does but hardly any know how Whispers works.

On coldwind there were 2 survivors and 2 gens left. The one near the shack in the corner was completed. Whispers was going off. There's no logical reason for being in this area unless they wanted to search the chest. I searched all around the shack and found no one. Whispers is still on. I check inside. I check both lockers upstairs and nothing. Whispers is still on. At this point I assume he must be in the basement because if he was outside he would have left by now. I check all the lockers down stairs and the very last one, there he was. In the end game chat he asked how did I know he was there. Then I typed for like 2 mins explaining how whispers works.

On Haddies field I was playing billy. I killed 3 survivors. BBQ showed me someone was in the house with the downstairs basement. So I sprint over there and look around. I don't see anyone but he couldn't have gotten far. For the hell of it I check the lockers and sheer luck, there he was. I explained BBQ told me he was in that area but it was a guess that he was in that locker.

My favorite. I was called a wall hacker when playing as nurse before her "rework". It was legions map. I hook someone in the corner of the map and see someone on the other side. I blink through the building and I see a Claudette crouched behind a table. I change direction and hit her. Then the person asked

"How did you see me?"

"I had no idea you were there. I was going through the building after someone else. Then I saw you in the corner of my eye"

"I'm Claudette. The only way you could see me is if you were hacking. REPORTED!"

"You know there is such a thing as bumping into the survivors by chance right?"

"REPORTED!!!!"

"Go ahead. Falsely reporting me will get you banned, not me"

"REPORTEDDDDDDDDD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

I think I caused them to retreat to their safe space lol

• EvilJoshy
    EvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,295
    edited July 2020
    Options

This is why I don't give wins to my nieces and nephews. I don't give them a false sense of accomplishment. That way when they get exposed to the real world, they won't expect everything to be handed to them. I guess I'm considered old fashioned for thinking this way cause I get tons of people telling me to "let them win".

My favorite comedian said a joke about how he raises his step son vs how his mom raises him. "She's trying to protect him from the world. I'm trying to prepare him for the world."

• Kellie
    Kellie Member Posts: 1,328
    Options

A killer hit me while Sprint Burst was activating, so that caused me to zoom towards the exit gate. On top of that she had shadow born and was chasing me for most of the game. So I think that caused her to assume I was speed hacking yet she wasn't all that slower than me.

• hillbillyclaudmain69
    hillbillyclaudmain69 Member Posts: 1,528
    Options

Once for speed hacking (engravings) once for using bbq, once for knock out, once for Franklin's, and once for bloodhound(lithe plus dance with me. Wouldve lost them without it.)

• Angelicus23
    Angelicus23 Member Posts: 2,547
    Options

the guy up is me answering his stupid comment

• Yung_Slug
    Yung_Slug Member Posts: 2,238
    Options

I was playing Leatherface and I had just sacrificed the second to last person. I did not see the aura of the last survivor, so I started searching for hatch. My whispers deactivated as I walked away from hook, but reactivated soon after. About 32 meters in that direction there were a couple of lockers. I decided to check one and sure enough, the last survivor was in it. Of course, they accused me of hacking because there was no way I could have known they were in there.

• Skittlesthehusky
    Skittlesthehusky Member Posts: 662
    Options

i once was called a hacker when playing as demogorgon and was accused of using "wallhacks" when i both knew exactly where people were at the time with portals after every hook (without bbq! just instinct, im a demo main xP), and how to maneuver indoor maps and cut people off.

also, apparently i use aimbot with my shred.

it was. quite an interesting discussion, to say the least.

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814
    Options

Yes, multiple time, mostly as killer when I 4k. Been reported a couple of times if post-game chats are to be believed. And I have had killers accuse me of wallhacks after I abused the fact that I could hear them, they couldn't hear me, and I basically had audio-wallhacks.

• DarkMagik
    DarkMagik Member Posts: 822
    Options

Aimbot wont work on it because it wont predict the survivor will go.

• Skittlesthehusky
    Skittlesthehusky Member Posts: 662
    Options

oh i know! which is why i made my comment about it.

it was such a ludicrous assumption by the survivor that accused me of using it. XD

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614
    Options

Of course i have.

And what reason could they have for accusing me of hacking other than them just simply losing?

One person couldn't fathom how i was able to stay silent after uncloaking.

cough "The Ghost" cough

• Kind_Lemon
    Kind_Lemon Member Posts: 2,559
    Options

bc lag.

• 28_stabs
    28_stabs Member Posts: 1,470
    Options

4:3 and 1:1 is not hacking. Its sacrificing side view for the high ground.

• Daniel1313filho
    Daniel1313filho Member Posts: 30
    Options

A survivor didn't know How to use OoO so they fought i was using wall hacks

• Raven1984
    Raven1984 Member Posts: 41
    Options

I've never accused anyone of hacking or been accused but I have seen it happen lol. Someone who didn't know standing in a locker for too long would end up having birds above them and when the killer found them they went off and accused them of hacking. Lol it was really funny.

• Jakojo
    Jakojo Member Posts: 214
    Options

Once by a random survivor who thought I was speedhacking. It was on Swamp and an Oni hit me, but I never lost my haste status so I was zooming everywhere. Good thing he was a good sport about it and he and I just goofed off for the match running around. Don't know how it triggered, but it was a helluva time.

• nea_the_entity
    nea_the_entity Member Posts: 12
    Options

I got called out for playing as nurse and I was using a add on where I can recall back to the position I was before I blinked and I'm really good at mind gaming survivors using it and I was playing with 2 rank 20s and they were calling me a hacker for knowing where they were and it's bc I used rancor. Oh and there teammates where rank 19,8,2. I was a rank 1 killer but rank reset set me to 9. (Not really a killer main)

• camgaming_dbd
    camgaming_dbd Member Posts: 191
    Options

BBQ, red indicator for dedicated servers

• DarkMagik
    DarkMagik Member Posts: 822
    Options

Part 2 Electric Bogaloo

• NekoTorvic
    NekoTorvic Member Posts: 766
    edited December 2020
    Options

I wasnt directly called a hacker, but i watched the VOD of a survivor streamer I played against as Clown and the streamer and his two SWFs were constantly talking about my Clown being "sketchy" because they thought I caught up to them too fast... Even though they literally never turned back to face me during chases and thus never realized they were running diagonally from me instead of straight away from me, making it extremely easy for me to cut them off...

People will accuse one of cheating for any reason, most of the time out of sheer ignorance...its kinda funny.

• Axe
    Axe Member Posts: 1,060
    Options

4 aura reading perks + risky Huntress snipes and someone will for sure call you a wallhacker

• oxygen
    oxygen Member Posts: 3,289
    Options

A few times because of killer aura perks, most of the time they have an "A-ha!" moment once I direct them to the perk description though. And one person that insisted I had "bloodlust always on" hacks just because they didn't hug the structures they looped tightly and got caught really fast.

As survivor I had a killer accuse me of speedhacks, but again once I directed them to the perk description for Hope they got it. Trying to run down a 107ms survivor as a 110ms huntress all out of hatchets is not a great idea. And also someone that insisted I had some sort of speedhacks because I used the vault build. But that was my mistake, as they considered using the vault build in the first place to be cheating/exploiting 🤡

• CLAUDETTEINABUSH
    CLAUDETTEINABUSH Member Posts: 2,210
    Options

Easy answer: I was accoused of speedhacking. I think the killer was a billy, I don't remember. But I looped him for 3 gens (I was lucky and had good tiles close to each other and shack) and after he facecamped me, my team managed to save me and safely escape. Made my day.

• blue4zion
    blue4zion Member Posts: 2,773
    Options

Was called a hacker because of BBQ&chili, guess they were just survivors who didn't know what that was.

Clearly I was hacking because I kept finding them lmao

• Angry_Boi
    Angry_Boi Member Posts: 9
    Options

I've been accused of wall hacking numerous times simply because I follow the blood trail instead of scratch marks. I do it as a survivor too

• im_anas_
    im_anas_ Member Posts: 3
    Options

i have, multiple times actually.

one time I was playing plague and puked the corrupt purge very high and got a lucky shot.

and one time I had nurses and im all ears and they thought i had wall hacks :/

• eff
    eff Member Posts: 154
    Options

I've been playing a GF against a 4 man swf. The game was really laggy so ofc it was me who was accused of hacking (even tho all of the lagging and stuttering played well for the swf, not me).

• dezzmont
    dezzmont Member Posts: 481
    Options

I tend to run 'non-immersed stealth' and often seem like I am the only person in red-purple doing so. Once got accused of hacking using quick and quiet+lightweight+SB+fixated to do an oldschool 1.0 style hard LOS break on a killer in purple-red ranks, which was kinda funny, because they said I didn't have dance with me and insisted lightweight doesn't do anything.

Another time I got accused for hacking because I was running nurses back when self-care was super meta.

• sulaiman
    sulaiman Member Posts: 3,214
    Options

Several times, usually when i play killer, either because i saw people with a perk like bbq or a gen with thrilling tremors, and then go to the one obvious hidding place in that area.

Other times when i play unusual builds, like hag with her addon where a) triggers don´t spawn phantasms and b) the one where she can teleport anywhere (together with hex:toth, Hex:ruin, myoc, and thinkerer/dragons grip) They really never know what hit them.

Or hag with her no-teleport addons, that a) make her faster and b) make her phantasm bodyblock you ^^.

As survivor, i am never suspected as hacker, but as a swf member. But most killers accept if you tell them you are not.