Rancor Rework Idea

Options

I’m going to be honest: Rancor is not a good Perk. It’s a very bad Perk. In exchange for one Survivor getting a mini Dark Sense, you get to kill them with NOED during the endgame—assuming you even catch them by that point. It’s a low-reward Perk that forces you to have a really stupid playstyle to get the satisfaction of mori-ing the Obsession—completely ignore them before the endgame, then mega-tunnel them during it. I don’t think it’s well-designed, so I’d like to re-design it.

Rancor

You become obsessed with one Survivor. Each time a generator is completed, the Obsession can see your aura for 5/4/3 seconds. Each time a generator is completed, all Surivvors’ locations are revealed to you for 3 seconds.

Each time a Survivor who is not the Obsession is hooked for the first time and is killed or sacrificed, gain a token.

1 token: Decreases Obsession’s repair, heal, and sabotage speed by 5%.
2 tokens: The Obsession’s breathing becomes 25% louder.
3 tokens: Disables the Obsession’s ability to see the auras of other Survivors and vice versa.
4 tokens: The next time the Obsession enters the injured state, they will be inflicted with the Broken status effect for 30/45/60 seconds.
5 tokens: Obsession suffers from the Exposed status effect.
6 tokens: Grants the ability to kill the Obsession.

Comments

• PigNRun
    PigNRun Member Posts: 2,428
    Options

Whats with everyone and their obsession (pun not intended) with token-based perks? :P

• No_Mither_No_Problem
    No_Mither_No_Problem Member Posts: 1,476
    Options

@PigNRun said:
    Whats with everyone and their obsession (pun not intended) with token-based perks? :P

I think it’s an interesting mechanic that could be used to a much more full potential.

• yeet
    yeet Member Posts: 1,832
    Options

rancor is fine as it is

• White_Owl
    White_Owl Member Posts: 3,786
    Options

@No_Mither_No_Problem said:
    I’m going to be honest: Rancor is not a good Perk. It’s a very bad Perk. In exchange for one Survivor getting a mini Dark Sense, you get to kill them with NOED during the endgame—assuming you even catch them by that point.

You're ignoring the fact that you can see where survivors are, which is not so irrelevant. Imo it's a sort of sidegrade to Bitter Murmur: you see everyone instead of only those near the gen and in the endgame you get to oneshot and mori the obsession instead of a prolonged aura reading on everyone.

• Zavri
    Zavri Member Posts: 261
    Options

Each time a Survivor who is not the Obsession is hooked for the first time and is killed or sacrificed, gain a token.

uhh this perk would only activate if 3 people are dead if they went live with this.

That's pretty ######### stupid.

• Sarief
    Sarief Member Posts: 543
    Options

@Zavri said:

uhh this perk would only activate if 3 people are dead if they went live with this.

That's pretty [BAD WORD] stupid.

3 hooks per person, unless someone dcs.

Which still does not make this change better, as reward for not camping is miniscule

• Dabrownman1812
    Dabrownman1812 Member Posts: 1,857
    Options
    Sarief said:

@Zavri said:

That's pretty [BAD WORD] stupid.

3 hooks per person, unless someone dcs.

Which still does not make this change better, as reward for not camping is miniscule

Yeh, you get 6 tokens but it takes so long to get them, might as well leave it the old rancor.
  • BigBlackMori
    BigBlackMori Member Posts: 220
    Options

@yeet said:
    rancor is fine as it is

This. Stop trying to nerf every nice thing Killers get. FFS, let us have something cool.

• No_Mither_No_Problem
    Options

@BigBlackMori said:

@yeet said:
    rancor is fine as it is

This. Stop trying to nerf every nice thing Killers get. FFS, let us have something cool.

Rancor isn’t “cool”. It’s even more gimmicky than the Killer it’s tied to.

• BigBlackMori
    BigBlackMori Member Posts: 220
    Options

@BigBlackMori said:

@yeet said:
    rancor is fine as it is

Well i disagree. It's quickly become my favorite perk. Stop with the 'Killers got something fun, so lets make it useless' crap. It's getting old.

• Dabrownman1812
    Options

@BigBlackMori said:

@yeet said:
    rancor is fine as it is

Your rework puts rancor into the ground to be honest. 
  • Jack11803
    Jack11803 Member Posts: 3,930
    Options

@Dabrownman1812 said:
    No_Mither_No_Problem said:

@BigBlackMori said:

@yeet said:

rancor is fine as it is

Gonna be honest, if you ask me to buff any weak perk, I bet I can make a good change that won’t be a problem.

• Dabrownman1812
    Options
    Jack11803 said:

@Dabrownman1812 said:

@BigBlackMori said:

@yeet said:

rancor is fine as it is

Gonna be honest, if you ask me to buff any weak perk, I bet I can make a good change that won’t be a problem.

Maybe you can, do you wanna change rancor
  • Jack11803
    Options

@Dabrownman1812 said:
    Jack11803 said:

@Dabrownman1812 said:

@BigBlackMori said:

@yeet said:

rancor is fine as it is

Maybe you can, do you wanna change rancor

Change obsession killer perks to ALWAYS obsession someone with obsession perks (there’s a slim chance it’ll be someone with nothing, even though someone else has DS). If no one has an obsession perk, just make it be the first person attacked can then be mori’d. It’d make it feel less personal. Also, if there’s no obsession, rancor will slow down gate opening till someone is executed. (Does not mean multiple one hits, that’s consumed instantly)

• Jack11803
    Options

@Dabrownman1812

This is to give the killer 2 different outcomes. 1) kill and punish DS etc. person is obsession. 2) no one has DS, no one is obsession, so it becomes an overall good endgame perk. Additionally, to give the unlucky first downed guy a chance, not executing him gives a slowdown, encouraging hooking him instead. But still able to be mori’d for the daily.

• TigerKirby215
    TigerKirby215 Member Posts: 604
    Options

So instead of NOED Lite it's now Devour Hope Lite?
    Because as we all know Devour Hope is an extremely reliable and easy to use perk.

• CydoniaTV
    CydoniaTV Member Posts: 45
    Options

So you're basically a DS user.

• No_Mither_No_Problem
    edited September 2018
    Options

@BigBlackMori said:

@yeet said:
    rancor is fine as it is

Rancor already is in the ground.
  • Bravo0413
    Bravo0413 Member Posts: 3,647
    Options
    Already?? :lol:
  • thekiller490490
    thekiller490490 Member Posts: 1,164
    Options
    Rancor is a new core perk to counter DS and just ignore a player the entire match knowing that they are already dead. Best if used with STBFL as you won't be hitting them any time soon.
  • vendalwind
    vendalwind Member Posts: 23
    Options

HINT HINT rancor can be used to hostage the game in a rather clever way, and if your not doing this when you can you arent using it right.
    If you down the obsession with 1 generator left leave him slugged. he becomes a hostage against the team, The moment they pop that last gen you can outright murder, and previous to that you can bet at least one hero boy will try to swoop in and top off his downed heal. Every time i've had the opportunity to do this I get either 3-4 kills. 3 cause well hatch is still broken.

• ClogWench
    ClogWench Member Posts: 2,582
    Options
    Rancor FEELS unfair and broken to the survivor singled out by it, and while that sucks for them, and I like the concept, it's not a particularly useful perk. Not to mention any smart survivor can maneuver around it without too much issue.
  • Sarief
    Sarief Member Posts: 543
    Options

@vendalwind said:
    HINT HINT rancor can be used to hostage the game in a rather clever way, and if your not doing this when you can you arent using it right.
    If you down the obsession with 1 generator left leave him slugged. he becomes a hostage against the team, The moment they pop that last gen you can outright murder, and previous to that you can bet at least one hero boy will try to swoop in and top off his downed heal. Every time i've had the opportunity to do this I get either 3-4 kills. 3 cause well hatch is still broken.

nah, it's countered very easily. adrenaline. you also get 5 sec invurnubility, due to speed boost, but you need to run. Wait under pallet and that's it.

• alivebydeadight
    alivebydeadight Member Posts: 1,559
    Options

I’m going to be honest: Rancor is not a good Perk. It’s a very bad Perk. In exchange for one Survivor getting a mini Dark Sense, you get to kill them with NOED during the endgame—assuming you even catch them by that point. It’s a low-reward Perk that forces you to have a really stupid playstyle to get the satisfaction of mori-ing the Obsession—completely ignore them before the endgame, then mega-tunnel them during it. I don’t think it’s well-designed, so I’d like to re-design it.

Rancor

You become obsessed with one Survivor. Each time a generator is completed, the Obsession can see your aura for 5/4/3 seconds. Each time a generator is completed, all Surivvors’ locations are revealed to you for 3 seconds.

1 token: Decreases Obsession’s repair, heal, and sabotage speed by 5%.
    2 tokens: The Obsession’s breathing becomes 25% louder.
    3 tokens: Disables the Obsession’s ability to see the auras of other Survivors and vice versa.
    4 tokens: The next time the Obsession enters the injured state, they will be inflicted with the Broken status effect for 30/45/60 seconds.
    5 tokens: Obsession suffers from the Exposed status effect.
    6 tokens: Grants the ability to kill the Obsession.

that is a VERY good rework my dude, i agree this should be a rancor rework

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223
    edited September 2018
    Options

Rancor is an early game perk because once the obsession sees your aura after the first gen they just DC.

Also it's a good perk on Freddy because they won't see your aura if you never sleep them. The problem is the tracking ability of the perk sucks, so you need some other way to find the obsession, which is why I like using it with Bitter Murmur.