The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

With killer powers being as it is right now, looping will be non meta very soon.

MusicNerd_TC
MusicNerd_TC Member Posts: 3,099

Recently, we have been getting power reworks or killers that have amazing anti loop potential, that makes looping irrelevant. We had oni, where in his power, he denies almost every loop besides shorter loops and long walls. After Oni we had the gunslinger, who can shoot over most tiles and can reel survivors in, if he can see them. We got pyramid head after gunslinger, who can shoot through walls and deny loops entirely. Now, we have new Bubba, who has amazing anti loop potential, without denying loops. I think the devs are trying to push for less looping in the game. With powers like this, I think looping will be non meta, and instead pre throwing pallets will be the meta. Just my opinion though.

Comments

• Dabihwow
    Dabihwow Member Posts: 3,409

eh true unless they come up with something to defend gens

• mentalpopcorn
    mentalpopcorn Member Posts: 181

I think a survivor being able to have a killer chase them to buy time for their team to finish gens should always be a legitimate strategy. Therefore "looping" should always be possible. However, looping shouldn't be as easy as it is. A survivor should have to be genuinely good to loop, but me, a baby survivor, can easily loop so many killers just because I know of some really good vault loops on some maps.

Survivors/killers don't need buffs/nerfs here. Maps just need to get rid of the really op loop locations. I'm not talking about really safe pallet loops. I'm talking about op vault loops that are guaranteed to be somewhere on the map. Like some easy haddonfield vaults, or crotus prenn asylum window vault from the building, or the wild west (don't know map name) stairs vault where it's just a set of stairs, straight path, and then a vault locations. These are all vaults that are almost impossible to mind game. You just have to chase until you catch up with your increase move speed buff as the chase goes on. Looping should not be based on op locations. It should be completely based on the skill of the survivor with some lucky pallets

• woundcowboy
    woundcowboy Member Posts: 1,994

Holding forward has always been and will always be better than looping. Way too many survivors don't take advantage of the speed boost when they get hit, and allow the killer to approach for a free hit.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

Anything for less boring looping, as long as it's healthy (enough).

• Flatskull
    Flatskull Member Posts: 332
    edited July 2020

Thank god.

Loops were the most boring part of the game for me as killer and the most predictable ,especially since a lot of loops are simply unmind gamable - namel chest high walls- they gave the survivors a massive and easy way to extend the chase time with very little effort and while I respect to a certain extent that gitting gud at loops to a level against competent killers takes...some...skill.

I refuse to believe anyone out of absolute sweaty try hards find looping fun. If you like that, got to garrymods, put down a box and loop a zombie AI for eternity. You're welcome.

That's not to say looping dosen't have it place nor there aren't specific conditions it CAN be fun but that mostly a resuilt of a magical match of equally skilled survivor and killer facing off with both enjoying a stand still moment of "who will win" and not the standard looping experience.

That and looping is absolutely meta-game bull and takes away all fear, adrenaline and sense of urgency from both sides. I've always said survivors should get more interactables, more hiding spots and mot items since their base mechanics are designed around alertness and spatial planning-360 camera- but the maps are so empty loops,vaults and pallets are thier only real choice.

I don't blame loops for becoming meta-it's the devs fault for not giving survivors anything but bloody perks and standard items despite it being how many chapters in- and I hope survivors get a plethor of buffs and items that help them fight the killer in other ways than baiting a chase and running a chest high wall for 2 minutes mindlessly.

• Kilmeran
    Kilmeran Member Posts: 3,142
    edited July 2020

Sadly, it's that design that, for me, stops DbD from being anything but a very occasional game that I log into for a couple of matches, then go log into something else. Be it when playing killer or survivor, the goddamn looping, looping, looping is like playing a bad episode of the Benny Hill Show in a horror skin. It's boring.

• NekoGamerX
    NekoGamerX Member Posts: 5,277

buffing stealth should of been a thing month ago.

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 9,057

Calls Deathslinger "gunslinger". Smh.

• Justalittlepeeck
    Justalittlepeeck Member Posts: 1,101

Too bad that ain't happening very soon, but yeah, some killers already promote a more skillful and interesting playstyle rather than just boring running in circles.

• SloppyKnockout
    SloppyKnockout Member Posts: 1,505

PoggU!? YOU MEAN RUNNING IN A CIRCLE IS NO LONGER UNREALISTICALLY POWERFUL? POGGERS?

• Dead_by_Gadfly
    Dead_by_Gadfly Member Posts: 3,772

Well what theyre doing is creating killers that require different strategies so when you go in as a survivor you have to actyally think and form a strategy. At its purest form some require you to be more stealthy whike some require you to be better at looping.

They do the same thing with maps by tge way. Some maps are buikt for stealth (swamp) some are built for looping.

When you couple these things together what you get is a fresh experience, provided you understand all of this of course.

For example you could cause serious issues for a deathslinger on swamp if you know what youre doing with stealth. Just like Azarovs is the bane of wraiths existence.

Add on to this killer add ons that change up their style of play a little and survivors that prefer one playstyle over another and matches become pretty interesting.

• Dito175
    Dito175 Member Posts: 1,395

I just wish we had more things to do instead of only looping and hiding, i just don't know what it could be .

• IIITweedleIII
    IIITweedleIII Member Posts: 934

Not that I mind Loopers, but every one of them in my personal experiences that is, seem to think it's untouchable tactics. I mean do all Loopers believe they wont get caught eventually? And when they do. In my personal experience, call out tunneling. I'm kinda glad there are killers who are anti loop. Hell sometimes when I feel confident I'm about to get a Looper, I let out the chase abit more and start singing to my self, "ring around the rosey, pocket full of posies, ashes, ashes *thwack!* ya all fall Down" 😝

• H3xB0rr0w3dT1m3
    H3xB0rr0w3dT1m3 Member Posts: 189
    edited July 2020
  • World3nder
    World3nder Member Posts: 3
    edited July 2020

The problem with people saying that looping needs to die doesn't understand the fundamental problem with a game developed like that, and needs to read this next sentence carefully:

Stealth is boring.

It's boring for the killer, and it's boring for the survivor. If you remove looping and instead decided to base the game around stealth, you introduce several issues; the main one being that the killer is likely going to be incredibly irritated looking around the map for the four P3 Claudettes hiding in bushes.

As for the survivor, how much fun can you have crouched in a corner, un-moving? Sure the first time you hide from them would be entertaining, but do that 10, 15, 20 times and all of the "hehehe he could find me lol" factor goes away.

A majority of DbD is sitting still, holding M1. They want the one thoughtful process that isn't brain dead to be removed and replaced with sitting still, holding CTRL? Sounds to me like that would kill the fanbase of the game pretty fast, and evidence of past games such as Hide or Die points to that exact situation.

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

Stealth is boring for you. That's what you mean, so say that. I don't find it boring at all. You don't even understand what stealth is if you think it's just holding Ctrl and standing still.

• Artick
    Artick Member Posts: 623

I'm surprised people don't realize this, but the more you nerf chases the more you encourage survivors to become more and more efficient at repairing gens. So the only thing that you'll accomplish by nerfing chases is even more genrushing.

Nerfing chases which are the single fun part in this dumpster of a game will end bad for both survivors(which will have very boring games and ultimately no reason to play since who enjoys hiding behind a rock or holding m1 the entire game) and killers(which will have even shorter games because of the reason I already explained).

• World3nder
    World3nder Member Posts: 3

No, it's boring period. I'm fully aware how to avoid the killer stealthily and it's fun to do so occasionally, but it goes back to the same point; keep doing it and it's going to get boring.

You really think that if the meta shifts to stealth that people would still enjoy it for 500+ hours like a lot of the player base has? I brought up Hide or Die in my last point and I'll bring it up again, the game was centered around being stealthty and look how long it lasted. The simple fact of the matter is that not the type of game the majority of people want nor bought DbD for.

• Orion

No, it's boring for you, period. Fun is subjective, as is boredom. However, anything you do repeatedly gets boring. Stealth is not unique in that respect.

• axem
    axem Member Posts: 11

The biggest problem is every way a survivor loops or how he plays is different but stealth is really cookie cutter don't get in los and don't make noise. Stealth in this game is just not what experienced survivors usually play for, you'll alienate a decent margin while hoping it will attract others. If they reworked stealth to be more than hide behind this or just q&q over somewhere or in a locker then it could be a fun strat.

• Orion

Stealth is a lot more than that. However, it's easy to make anything sound boring if you say it the right (wrong) way. Observe:

Looping is just running away from the killer in a pre-defined pattern and dropping a pallet when the killer gets too close.

• Unfun_Tunnel
    Unfun_Tunnel Member Posts: 51

First of all I have to say that I agree with what they're trying to do. Even if loops aren't the main problem for killer right now it's one of them. Anyways you mentioned oni, who is an m1 killer until he gets his power, then you said gunslinger, ph and bubba but don't forget that these killers have zero map control and you can genrush them like hell.

• MusicNerd_TC

You definitely do have a point. As space coconut said, I think they are pushing for fast chases rather than map control.

• Unfun_Tunnel

I don't think adding pallets would make much sense considering that they are nerfing loops probably to give killers some time to do things.

• Koukdw
    Koukdw Member Posts: 279
    edited July 2020

Nah it's boring, Deathgarden wouldn't have flopped if it wasn't. I liked the game but god it was repetitive. Looping introduce mindgames which make the game fun and non repetitive.

• Unfun_Tunnel

I think they are trying to give killers time to do something, so making chases faster you can have more gen control and not be forced to tunnel and camp just because of gens speed.

• Orion

You do understand that your opinion isn't necessarily shared by everyone, right?

• MusicNerd_TC

Most loops are very uninteractive and have barely any mindgame potential, like autohaven trucks or hold forward loops.

• catbeans
    catbeans Member Posts: 316

Stealth is useless. People will just play Doctor even more, what's the point?

• ALostPuppy
    ALostPuppy Member Posts: 3,398
    edited July 2020

Depends on what you mean by "looping". So many people boil down survivor gameplay to "running in circles" when, while it's true in some areas on a lot of maps, the majority of "looping" is a series of mindgames and 50/50s, and optimizing your resources. The half-loops everywhere on autohaven maps like the small junk loops in the middle of blood lodge should be kept to a minimum because that is just running in a circle and then hitting space to throw a pallet. No thought required. But a lot of people think that whole process is for EVERY loop and tile in the game which is just not true.

The only time a survivor is "running in a circle holding W" at jungle gyms, L-T walls etc is when the killer is doing the same thing and just playing with their brain switched off. The loop takes much longer than it should to be shut down by the killer, And then they come here or somewhere else to complain that survivors have way too much power and survivor is too easy, or whatever. Survivors are only playing that way because the killer is letting them, when they should be dictating how the chase plays out. Faking your red light, doubling back, running tiles counter clockwise instead of clockwise so the survivor doesn't get a fast vault etc.

• Orion

So then you use the Doctor's counters like you're supposed to. No strategy should work perfectly all the time.

• MusicNerd_TC

Yeah, I love being able to do mindgames with my red light, but it's a shame when we get hold forward loops on autohaven that the survivor can see over.

• catbeans
    catbeans Member Posts: 316

Ah yes mixed them up. A single perk slot for a single killer. I doubt that will catch on when there are much better perks that are universal that people could take.