Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Game can be unplayable

Devs for ages you've left this game knowingly imbalanced with matchmaking and server flaws. I have the last straw today. I've sent you plenty of feedback in the past and so has the rest of the community yet you sit on your asses for some reason over these obvious penalties to players. I'd ask why but I don't think you even know. I mean why would you leave a mechanic like ebony moris in the game for so long? The only reason I can think of is you don't actually know you implemented them, that's how blind I think you are to these problems because they get left ignored for years. I love this game but I'm fed up with it now, I'm never playing it again till you fix your game. I broke my keyboard because you stuck me with people 10 ranks under me for multiple games in a row, because you stuck me in games where the killer could lag hit 5ms through windows multiple games in a row, because you stuck me in games where the opponent had an unfair advantage through perks and ad-ons multiple game in a row. How difficult is it to stick me in games with people my rank? How difficult is it to stick me in games where the opponent doesn't get an advantage because their far away from the server? How difficult is it to remove broken perks and ad-ons? You'll probably remove this post rather than listen to something that might improve the game for the better. On the off chance that you don't hurry up and fix your damn game

Comments

• notstarboard
    notstarboard Member Posts: 3,790

In your opinion is the game more of less balanced than it was last year, or two years ago, or at launch? Or do you think the game is headed in the right direction but the rate of progress is too slow?

• element80
    element80 Member Posts: 3

Yes because removing game imbalances would kill the game...

• element80
    element80 Member Posts: 3

More balanced than it was at launch, yes, than two years ago, no. Although I like the focus on reworking outdated killers and the continual addition of new content I feel they haven't really focused on balance all that much.

• Octobersmoke
    Octobersmoke Member Posts: 37

I mean this is a big rant but one thing I can attest to is that playing with people who are much higher rank than you just sucks. I'm like rank 11-12 killer and have got plenty of matches filled with 2-3 red ranks or even sometimes four of them lol.

The thing is, it's soooo frustrating getting looped by some of these dudes, they can even just spin full 360's like three times in a row and I completely lose them in a chase, they just seem to vanish lol. Yes I know, I have to get better, but I am fully willing to admit that I suck a@$ at the game COMPARED to some of these people, and I am willing to try and get better and go against these guys occasionally, but when the game is not even fair due to the ranks I get matched against, I see where you're coming from. I want to smash my ps4 controller off the screen sometimes, and then I remind myself I'm not a child so I restrain it :P

• ALostPuppy
    ALostPuppy Member Posts: 3,398

You care WAY too much about winning in a stupid party game like DbD. Honestly at this point most of the fun is the absolute dumpster fire that is the matchmaking system, and the less you care about your rank and wins, the more you'll come to appreciate DbD for what it is (a hilariously fun mess of a game) and you also need to maybe chill the ######### out.

Or you can find a group of people who want to win as bad as you do, and then win every match with little to no effort because a sweat SWF squad is almost unbeatable unless you're a good Nurse.

• MottledElm
    MottledElm Member Posts: 85

No, it's the way you would do it that would kill the game.

Most of the problems you enlisted aren't just a "click this button to fix". Having super accurate hit detection would mean having super powerful servers and a hyperspeed connection with almost 0 ping to everybody, which is impossible.

As per the matchmaking, having you match with teammates/opponents of exactly your skill level would require extremely long queue times that people would, and are, complaining about (you have to understand that dbd doesn't have the same playerbase as let's say call of duty, where they can split the game up in 20 different modes and still have 10 seconds of queue becouse there are tens of thousands of players online at any given time).

I'm not saying that those complains aren't legit, yes lag is a problem, yes matchmaking is a problem, but it's not like the devs are deliberately deciding not to fix them, this is why I say that I would like to see how you (and everyone else that just complains) would fix them, assuming that you know how running a company, designing and maintaining a game, managing a community and running servers works.

• VSchmitt
    VSchmitt Member Posts: 571

I know how frustrating this rainbow matchmaking can be. I've been paired with red rank survivors since I got rank 15 as killer, and it really sucked ass, but I've learned my way, now I don't really care if I'll be paired with red ranks SWF survivors, but soloQ survivor can't really mess you up if you get, like you said, teammates 10 ranks lesser than you... But still man, they're really trying to improve, I've some rants about how they treat the community, yes, but you can't say that they just don't care about the game, they even created the fog whisperers program, so they can have some players with a good base of following telling them what the community wants...

Try to take a time off the game, to clear your head, maybe with the new MMR system (I have my doubts) this will get better.

As for perks, I don't see what (at least killer side) perks are that OP that can't be countered. As for add-ons, yes, Iri head it's something and pinky finger (it's not that strong, but still is an insta-down add-on so...).

Moris and Keys should be rewoked/removed from the game, yes.

• notstarboard
    notstarboard Member Posts: 3,790

Interesting. I think the game is substantially more balanced than two years ago.