55timballoons
55timballoons Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 54
edited July 2020 in Off-topic

Chapter: The Missing

map: North American woods

killer: Slenderman

weapon: tentacles

power: Wood Stalker

as the general killer without using any of your abilities you are a slow killer but this power is the solution. When using this power you hold down for 3 seconds which makes sounds of static then you completely disappear and move significantly faster. When in wood stalker you can use it as long as you want similar to the general stalking ability. When in wood stalker your terror radius is completely cleansed with no signs of you being remotely close if you are next to a survivor and you can quickly faze through dropped pallets and windows. When going out of this ability you get a 1 second stun before appearing again and then when you appear you will be stunned for 3 seconds and you cannot hit for the same period of time. Survivors will still be completely visible also while in this mode dropped pallets and the bottom part of windows will have a blue highlighted aura that you can see in a visible range to represent the fact that you can faze through them. While in this mode you will hear a loud static sound for as long you are using wood stalker and all sounds will be muffled and all skill check fail notifications from screaming, opening a exit, a hatch opening, spawning or exploding a generator however some of these sounds will be somewhat hearable but the notifications for the areas will be hidden and finished generator notifications will be the one notifications that you can get while in the stalking ability. When in wood stalker you are unable to hit survivors, break pallets or break generators.

Secondary power: Visual Insanity

any survivor to view you within a specific range will gain the insanity effect which causes their screen to get fuzzy and glitchy for as long as they are looking at you. When a survivor gains the insanity effect while looking at you their hurt beat will hugely increase in speed and after a longer period of time they will get a speed reduction and nausea effect. If a survivor has viewed your face for a time span of up to 60 seconds they will get the first person Slenderman with glitchy static behind it and they will fall to the ground and die. A survivor will also die if the time spans have been put together to make the view time 60 seconds. Hooked survivors or grabbed survivors cannot be effected by the insanity effect however your appearance within a specific distance will cause survivors who are working on generators to not gain the insanity effect but get a glitching effect on the screen and generator fixing speed decrease. You can only effect survivors with this automatic power if they are looking at you within a medium or close range but they will not be effected in a far range even if you are still visible. The status icon for the survivors will turn into a unplugged icon when a survivor has been killed with this power.

third power: The Arrival

8 pages will be placed and spread out around the map and all uncollected pages will cause generators to be unfixable within a 39 meter range and not even appear to be at there location but all generators within that range will be fixable and the generators will have a glitch effect and then appear once the page is collected. Every time a survivor grabs a page your difficulty is enhanced by 10% until the 7 pages make the difficulty 60% at the limit by increasing the effectiveness of the insanity effect significantly. The generator number icon will be changed to a page icon and once all pages have been collected you will disappear and be stunned for 20 seconds and exits will be openable.

perks:

in your mind: you read the minds of all who face you and see there dreams turning those dreams into nightmares. any survivor that stares at your face for 3 seconds will be hindered by this effect and hear static when they have looked at you for 3 seconds. The full use for this perk activates when the survivor who has been effected by this perk is healing a survivor or working on a generator. When they are doing so you will get a notification and if you click on that notification it will cause them to get a skill check and automatically fail it. This perk can be used on the same survivor twice with a 60 second cooldown. If all survivors have been effected twice then this perk will be deemed useless.

Kidnapper: as a experienced kidnapper of children you are skilled at hiding the corpses of survivors and making sure nothing is known about the disappearance. When carrying a survivor your terror radius is decreased by 20% and when you put a survivor on a hook the notification that they have been hooked or sacrificed to the entity will appear 30 seconds late and the survivor will scream but none of the other survivors will hear it until those 30 seconds have been finished.

play by the rules: you feel the same rage and anger when a survivor finishes a generator or breaks a totem as if they took more of the pages like people did in your original home. Pallet breaking and window jumping speed is increased by 15% and the time it takes for a survivor 10% more time to finish a generator or totem. The time increasing for generators and totems is the only feature that gets enhanced every time a survivor breaks another totem or finishes a generator though it does decrease your hit speed by 12% once.

cosmetics:

Legion: Jeff The Killer - Eyeless Jack - Jane The Killer

Hag: The Rake - Laughing Jack legendary skin

Post edited by 55timballoons on

Comments

•  Antares2332
    Antares2332 Member Posts: 1,088
    edited July 2020
    Options

I think you hear too many creepy stories.

• 55timballoons
    edited July 2020
    Options

@Maperson, understandable and I do like somewhat overpowering killers and am not perfect with perks so instead of just disagreeing outright are there any changes you would recommend me making to this chapter concept because I am very opened to changes and ideas so you are free to put anything out. Also keep in mind in this chapter Slenderman would be quite slow but if there are any other time changes to this specific power feel free to put it out there.

• 55timballoons
    Options

@Antares_2332, haha yeah I love myself a good Creepypasta. I understand this concept is OP which you are free to give an honest opinion and recommend edits and changes but in the end I just hope you were interested and intrigued to this concept!

• 55timballoons
    Options

@Maperson, thank you for the feedback I have recently edited lost signal to be slightly less overpowered and I somewhat changed how it functions making it so you can only have a single survivor in this world at once and you cannot use the ability on the same survivor if they have already escaped. This concept edit actually makes lost signal an improved power in my honest opinion adding even more to the feeling of isolation so I appreciate the help. You are to recommend changes for the perks which I struggle the most on or wood stalker.

• RIPLegion
    RIPLegion Member Posts: 50
    Options

Thats way too overpowered

• SCP_FOR_DBD
    SCP_FOR_DBD Member Posts: 2,416
    Options

I have many problems with this, though I think the concept of slenderman could be cool. To start, why is his name "The Pale Man"? Whats wrong with "The Slenderman"? Furthermore, literally all of the creepypastas you mentioned are heavily disliked, even within the community itself. (With the exception of the rake) And the power is super complicated and really doesn't represent him all that well. Also, his secondary ability is basically just "The survivor stops playing the game and looks for pages, they won't do anything useful for at least 2 minutes." I like the concept, but this just ain't it chief.

• 55timballoons
    Options

@SCP_FOR_DBD, as for the name I was thinking of the licensed version which in retrospect that movie sucked but I guess I could change the name since it could also be a unlicensed character which would be even better when I start to think about it. As for the skins well I don’t do not see why those matter so much considering well everything you have said on those is mostly opinions and well skins just don’t matter to much so I think Creepypasta skins and these ones specifically are pretty decent ideas. The second power I was just trying to make unique and somewhat goes with the lore considering he makes some of his victims disappear and stuff though I am not saying what the second power specifically is the same exact effect that would occur on Slendermans actual victims within his lore. And no offense but I completely disagree with your opinion on the first power considering that is the coolest way I could personally think of making him teleport and it is basically like an improved teleport ability so kind of a mixture of a stalking ability from Michael Myers and a improved teleportation from the hag. I personally think wood stalker completely represents his ability to teleport while knowing where his victims are. Now onto the second ability you have a couple fare points and opinions on it but as I said it is very unique and it stops gen rushing in a way. Also characters like The Old Man from the SCP Foundation would have something similar to my second ability concept so I am in the middle of your opinion on that one but I personally like my concept of idea. In the end I appreciate the review on my imperfect yet interesting concept of a idea.

• 55timballoons
    Options

@RIPLegion, you are free to suggest some edits because 100% take ideas into example and use it to make a improved concept so feel free.

• RIPLegion
    Options

Ok thanks for letting me point out some thing you can edit to make him better. First of all the lost signal power is kinda useless. It kinda just wastes your time and it doesn’t seem to fit in with the game. The wood stalker power is wayyyyyyyyyy to op. Becoming invisible as long as you want is not fair in my opinion and having no terror radius and being able to phase through windows and pallets is not fair at all. So overall, you need to nerf the wood stalker ability A LOT and if I were you I would remove the lost signal power as it is completely useless. Thanks for listening to me and please consider changing the things I mentioned. Also if you want I will design so cosmetics for your killer. Good luck. :)

• SCP_FOR_DBD
    Options

You make a few fair points. But I feel the need to clarify. When I said those creepypastas were disliked, I was talking from the communitys perspective, not my own. The original jeff the killer was removed and the new one has been mocked mercilessly, same goes for jane, eyeless jack and laughing jack, the rake is the only one people still remember positively. The teleport ability is just super complicated, and the secondary one just isn't necessary, why not make the pages spawn around the map? That way you still preserve the spirit of it. And I feel the need to say, the pages are only in the Games and Marble Hornets, tying them to the movie doesn't make much sense. Aside from that, I admire your creativeness.

• 55timballoons
    Options

@SCP_FOR_DBD, thank you for the opinion and again you have set up some fare points. For the secondary power I wanted to make something very unique that nobody else would think of so that was my reasoning for the secondary power also terrifying the survivors with isolation and fear of the unknown. As for the first power i accept your opinion I just like things somewhat advanced at times so that is kind of a 50/50 opinion. The last thing about the skins I do not really know what to say about cuz I did not know about those subjectives to the characters.

• 55timballoons
    Options

@RIPLegion, in a bit I will edit some aspects from your opinion however I may not change the functionality or outright obliterate any of the powers. I may find a way to nerf wood stalker but I am not trying to take away from what you said but I feel like keeping the same functionality is proper for the fact I wanted a combination of a stalking and teleporting ability at the same time. As for lost signal I might be able to find a way to edit that but I will not be deleting it for a couple reasons. The first reason is how it stops gen rushing and how useful that would be to separate survivors while also decreasing repair speed at the same time. The second reason is I want to create something entirely different from what others create for the same character.

• SCP_FOR_DBD
    Options

Thats fair, I can see wanting to make something unique and complex, even though I may not agree with it.

• RIPLegion
    Options

Ok thanks. If your not gonna get rid of the lost signal, why not make it so it is still on the main map but with a timer. If the timer runs out, they get downed. I see what you mean by a way to stop gen rushing and unique, but I just don’t like the idea of being teleported to a completely different forest. Hope this helps.

• 55timballoons
    Options

@SCP_FOR_DBD, hey I have recently changed the powers, edited some aspects and almost completely changed Lost Signal by deleting it and separating it into two completely new powers that go along with the storyline of SlenderMan so I hope you are happy with the changes I have made and I tried to make the character as cannon to the games as I could.

• 55timballoons
    Options

@RIPLegion, I am unsure if this concept is good or not now but I have separated some changes and completely changed the second power as much as I could by changing it and making it into 2 new ones.

• SCP_FOR_DBD
    Options

Its a lot better, a lot simpler and streamlined, Nice job! However I do feel that the pages could be toned down a bit, but thats just a nitpick. Your dedication and creativity is astounding!