Kicking Generators

Options

I think kicking generators should give a flat amount of regression followed by the regression over time. Not asking for anything big but maybe like 2-5% regression for the kick. As it is right now kicking gens feels like a waste of time when survivors can tap a gen and immediately invalidate your kick.

Comments

• 28_stabs
    28_stabs Member Posts: 1,470
    Options

Take PoP :P

• Rareware0192
    Rareware0192 Member Posts: 360
    Options

I’ve wanted this change for a while. A solid 3% regression for kicking a gen followed by the passive regression afterwards would be a good counter to survivors tapping a gen and canceling the whole 2-3 seconds it took for you to kick the gen.

• Hektic3000
    Hektic3000 Member Posts: 674
    Options

@28_stabs Well I'd rather not be forced use 1 of my 4 perk slots for pop and just want my regular kicks to mean more than just a waste of time.

• Hektic3000
    Hektic3000 Member Posts: 674
    Options

I think it would also help in the cases where a survivor finishes a gen right in the killers face.

• RedditUser69
    RedditUser69 Member Posts: 193
    Options

'Member when you couldn't actually kick gens and people could 99% 5 gens and all you could do was stare at them? I 'member...

• pseudechis
    pseudechis Member Posts: 3,903
    Options

Yeah the problem isn't gen kick the problem is gen tap. I wish I could fix something from a broken state by just tapping it with a finger.

You see it a lot and I've done it myself, killer hooks, kicks nearby gen with or without pop, but pop helps, survivor runs past taps gen then goes for the unhook. I think to make kicking gens worthwhile with or without pop then survivors should need to enter an animation to stop regression and risk getting grabbed. Ducking down to tap a gen in the killers face knowing you can stall the regression and still run off should have some cost/risk associated with it.

• ZandoFox
    ZandoFox Member Posts: 15
    Options

It should grant automatic 1% regression (1.25 seconds), and it should take 1.25 seconds of repair time to stop regression.

Perfectly balanced, as all things should be.

• Emeal
    Emeal Member Posts: 4,730
    Options

This is a very good suggestion, Survivors should at least sit repairing for for equal amount of time to a Killer kicking the Gen for it to change.