Does the in-game report feature work?

Options
Raccoon
Raccoon Member Posts: 7,665

I just had a person say "from the bottom of my heart, I hope you BLEEPing #########" in the post game chat for no reason.

Any help would be appreciated, especially with regards as to whether I need to actually type the entire URL to Image/Video proof in manually.

I don't think suicide is funny, and I'd hate to see someone coping with mental health issues run into this player.

Comments

• HookMeDaddy
    HookMeDaddy Member Posts: 13
    Options

I report anyone that ises offensive language with Steam as well as with in-game. Not sure of anything ever gets looked at, but I know steam will block them so you will not have them in your game again.

Hopefully that will help with these situations. No need for cursing or offensive language. Be cleaver about bashing others. Not with a 12 year old mindset!

Happy hunting!!! 👻

• RSB
    RSB Member Posts: 2,258
    Options

Nope, it is just a placebo implemented to make you think, that the toxic player will have his punishment.

• ZiNc
    ZiNc Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 250
    Options

Yes, the in-game report system works. It is currently the sole method of reporting players, as well. When reporting things like that, be sure to include any evidence links in the report.

Source: Administrator for the Discord, interactions with the DbD team

• Raccoon
    Options

Thanks for the replies.

I hope that everyone, player and developer alike, continues to put forth a good effort into keeping the community safe.

• Valkari
    Valkari Member Posts: 33
    edited May 2018
    Options

I can confirm that it does. I know someone who has gotten soft banned for language.

• Mc_Harty
    Mc_Harty Member Posts: 3,293
    Options

Seen it work against a lag-switcher.

He got banned and had to use an alt account to play the game.

He probably got banned on that too.

• TheDigitalJedi
    TheDigitalJedi Member Posts: 3
    Options

I have known people banned due to it, so I would vote Yes

• A_Happy_Wolf
    A_Happy_Wolf Member Posts: 4
    Options

People have been banned due to using the in-game reporting feature.

• tired
    tired Member Posts: 2
    Options

It doesn't work.

I would love for the devs to implement some sort of tracker (see: Overwatch) that tells you when your report actually did something. I'm not saying name names, but something that says "Your report helped make the community better" would affirm that the effort is worth it. I actively still use the feature because if it does go somewhere, then I'm doing my part, but so far it's kind of garbo.

• Raccoon
    Options

Agreed.

I mean, I've kept the profiles of two people that I reported for being kind enough to suggest that I self terminate.

It doesn't seem like any action has been taken, and at the end of the day, if people suggesting such things, threatening sexual violence, etc. aren't being handled in a serious manner, I have no problem bowing out of the game.

• AsianMammoth
    AsianMammoth Member Posts: 84
    Options

@RSB said:
    Nope, it is just a placebo implemented to make you think, that the toxic player will have his punishment.

• boogiewoogie
    boogiewoogie Member Posts: 32
    Options

No. Highly doubt it
    2 previous tickets raised with video evidence of exploits. Guys never even got a day ban
    I didn't even get an update or reply for that matter

• Raccoon
    Options

Am I wrong in my understanding that threats of harm, sexual violence, doxing, and encouraging self-termination are all grounds for permanent bans?

I'd like to know exactly what's happening with my reports, especially if my understanding is incorrect.

• powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068
    Options

Depending on the dev and country of origin some are prevented from telling you do to privacy laws what happens to an individual account. With the new privacy changes due to Facebook screw ups it's probably a lot tighter now.

But the really nasty stuff like death threats etc always gets treated much more harshly by game devs. The reports are acted upon, it'd just be nice to occasionally get a notification saying your reports are helping. you won't know which one it was and it won't always come right after you submitted a report.

• boogiewoogie
    boogiewoogie Member Posts: 32
    edited May 2018
    Options

Disable the post game chat. I know it's not the answer you want, but it's a sure way to stop them.
    As they are typing you exit. More power to you

Edit. Noticed I was down voted for my previous. Haha so I should just lie in future and say it's all working great? Whatever... it's not. And this thread is more proof

• Raccoon
    Options

Three more instances in 11 games today - THANKS DEVS :D

• Gay Myers (Luzi)
    Gay Myers (Luzi) Member Posts: 4,427
    Options

I'm sorry this is happening to you, but right now all we can do is to ask you to keep using the in-game tool. You need to add evidence yourself. I'm very sorry about this and I'm fully aware that this situation is not ideal.

This discussion has been closed.