Quality of Life vs New DLC

Options
Hektic3000
Hektic3000 Member Posts: 674

To start i have to say Dead by Daylight is a great game with good potential, but there are far too many little problems. I think instead of focusing on new killers, survivors, and perks the current one's in the game should be polished better. If the base game is in a better state others and myself would be more willing to buy future DLC.

Comments

• Thiccsty9
    Thiccsty9 Member Posts: 42
    Options

While I agree 200% the devs would never go for an idea that didn't directly put money in their pocket let's be real. We have had some of the same bugs for months and months now. If they really cared about polish most of these would be fixed already.

• stargazer9
    stargazer9 Member Posts: 649
    edited July 2020
    Options

Adding new content is important. You make it seem like they can’t do both. They have separate teams for these things.

• Seiko300
    Seiko300 Member Posts: 1,862
    Options

Once again, this. Is. Not. How. This. Works.

The dev team is broken up into sub-teams, to put it extremely simply: some people work on new content, and some people work on bugs.

I mean what do you think "focus on polishing" even means in this context? Do you realize what you're asking for?

Are you asking that the people working on new content need to drop what they're doing and work on bugs? Not everybody on the team does that that's not their profession.

So let me clarify: the people working on new content? They're artists and graphic designers who create concept art and the 3D models, Animations, and Assets we see in game, Writers who write lore and backstory, perk descriptions, quotes, etc. Composers who create the music and themes for a new chapter or event like around the holidays, sound designers who record and create the sounds of killer abilities, weapons swishing through the air, etc.

So if that's what you're telling me, you're telling me you want artists, graphic designers, composers, sound designers, etc. working on complicated programming and fixing bugs. HELLO?

And even if that's not what you're telling me, you're telling me "they need to stop making new content" so in essence you're saying "they need to stop giving these people work. We need to put these working people with jobs on leave (in the middle of a PANDEMIC) or even get laid off because B U G S"

Either you people have no idea what you're talking about, or you're completely detached from the fact that these are actual people working on creating this game.

• Hektic3000
    Hektic3000 Member Posts: 674
    edited July 2020
    Options

@Seiko300 While i appreciate you coming and explaining that for me I understand that BHVR will continue to do what they want to do regardless of my input. I don't understand the need for you to come and comment on this post with such an attacking attitude. It just feels like it went from 1 to 1000 really fast....

Post edited by Hektic3000 on
  • Seiko300
    Seiko300 Member Posts: 1,862
    edited July 2020
    Options

Don't take it personally, because these threads are a dime a dozen and when I go from 1 to 1000 it's because I'm treating all of these threads as a whole. Of which I've responded to many with similar responses, it's not a unique thought the classic "just focus on bugs!" and it gets old real fast when you're aware that the team is for the most part doing all they can, and are actually properly and professionally organized. Despite how often and frequently people like to throw blame and shade around at the devs.

The community just isn't empathetic or even sympathetic in the slightest, and that's what irks me.