Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Im allready sick of rage/dc´ing cowards. Bring finally the DC penalty system back

Comments

• Freki
    Freki Member Posts: 1,903
    edited July 2020

first of all, it DOES include d/cing in the rules i quoted so because you decided to gloss over it here is the quote for this:

"Unsportsmanlike Conduct

• Botting
    • Lag switching
    • Disconnects (leaving the match before killed or sacrificed) - DO NOT REPORT
    • For both Botting and Lag switching, in-game reports are REQUIRED / Customer Support ticket OPTIONAL

About Disconnects bans - DO NOT REPORT

Disconnects are handled by the disconnection penalty system. No further action will be taken on reports."

It is RIGHT THERE under unsportsmanlike conduct. as I said in my message it says do not report and covers that at the last because of the disconnection penalty system. Currently there are no penalties because the system has been taken down due to hacking that occurred and they are working to fix that. So there you go in black and white they will act, and can review the accounts that have been penalized and if they decide to they can stop your account. Speaking of your account, you bought the cartridge sure. they can not take away your physical copy because you own it, BUT they CAN block you from accessing the online content by banning the account you set up when you first applied the game in your switch, Playstation, Xbox, Microsoft Store and Steam. can you create a new account? yes but guess what, you wont have the same stuff and anything you've bough will have to be bought once again. I do not know how the switch works but you will probably have to make a new switch account in order to do this but that is my guess. same with your playstation or xbox.

You keep talking about my assumptions, I do not assume what you play on or through. I use steam as a general bit of information because I know steam quite well. Ask any dev if the have the right to deny your account access to the online content. You are the one trying to find the loop hole so you can be a crappy team mate and disconnect from a match. You are part of the reason that the penalties exist, you are part of the reason that people like me who very rarely get network issues and if i have one I will have to suffer a penalty. I've had this happen where my computer freezes up and thus I have to reboot my computer and when i come back I am out of the game (though the time it takes to relaunch i'm done with the 5 minute penalty as I don't just D/C for stupid reasons. you bought the game, you knew you would play against other people, and you accepted this but you decide that because they tunnel you or they camp you it's ok to dc. this is laughable and you are being selfish. (edit to add this) Oh and when the dc's happen when the match starts, or when i am the killer get the first person downed and then hooked, I don't under normal circumstances camp or tunnel intentionally. I clear the area around a hook looking for potential rescuers and then move on. If someone doesn't like the huntress with insta hatchets well, that's not a reason to disconnect as stated above. When I'm a survivor and I see someone disconnect right away or for any reason I look at it and say oh well looks like this game is a wash. I can't do anything more till I am out and then report the account for violating the rules. It is not how I play, it is how people are and believe they can do anything they want without penalty and that is not true.

About your first reply to me (yes I will not use a different message) You tell me to take my own advice and let him play his own way. well sure if he wants to play with sprint burst and walk around the map, or run I don't care how he plays. once he breaks the rules by disconnecting (listed above) this is different. If you are driving on any place that has a rule not to exceed a certain speed, sure they can do it but it breaks the law (rule), and thus they are subject to penalties and others can tell them that they are a danger to people because of their actions. thus with the rule in place that disconnecting is punishable, I can tell people to follow the rule, don't do it. will they continue to do it? perhaps but I will report anyone that dc's intentionally in the match. now that you know it is in the rules that disconnecting intentionally is there, you can decide how you wish to continue to play, but know that if you disconnect intentionally you can be punished and that is on you not me, I am trying to show people that they can't whine about anything that happens to them because of breaking the rules and if you want to get out of a match as a survivor, go find the killer get them to down you then hook you. once there attempt to escape from the hook and if you don't, don't struggle. I accept this is a valid way of leaving the match, a crappy way but it is not against the rules.

• Freki

lol i do not know if I am to read this with sarcasm or not? I wish I could on a forum, text just does not do that justice. If this were a verbal discussion I'm sure I'd hear any sarcasm you have in this or not, but i would be speaking loudly enough or using a microphone to reach everyone in earshot! :)

• Wylesong
    Wylesong Member Posts: 642
    edited July 2020

Where is it in this thing you posted? I even did a find the word and cannot find the word disconnect and I even took my time to read it twice.

That is the link you gave us to click and read and I do not see it in there? Where is the link to the rules you just posted?

Also if it was a problem why does it say DO NOT REPORT?

• Wylesong

LOL Thank you for the laugh today. =)

I hope you have a great weekend! <(^.^)>

• Freki

alright it was a different person that didn't want to do research, and i posted the link to the RULES of the game which explicitly state what is and is not breaking the rules in the game. here it is for you: fine i will do your research for you: googling "dbd reportable offenses" you see this: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/19450/game-rules-and-report-system

and why does it SAY not to report? below it, here is the answer and I even quoted that for you: "About Disconnects bans - DO NOT REPORT

Disconnects are handled by the disconnection penalty system. No further action will be taken on reports."

They specify why not to report this, and that's because there is supposed to be a penalty system in place which currently has been removed because of issues of hacking.

you are looking for ways to be a crappy player, fine look for those loop holes. and guess what I'll report you for them every time, if it's a dc I will do it currently because the system is not in place right now because of the reasons i mentioned in the previous post. why do you want to disconnect so much? you are saying "ME ME ME ME ME!" and the game is not about you, but you and 4 other players. you leaving early is just a slap in their face.

• Wylesong
    edited July 2020

I am not saying I am a mean or crappy player. Once again you assume and you seem to do that a lot.

Overall at the end of the day a D/C is still points gained and if you are having that big of an issue with that many D/C's ask yourself why people are D/Cing while you play killer or even survivor. IT may be YOU and the way you play causing people to D/C. I mean just from this post and looking back over your many other post about this same situation you seem to have a HUGE D/Cing issue. I am kind of thinking but not assuming the problem is you may be playing toxic and no one wants to play with toxic players. Me thinking by the way is not me assuming and instead asking you if you do anything toxic.

Do you tunnel or camp? Do you slug and let people bleed out? If so toxic behavior is met with toxic results like D/C's. I personally hate D/cing because how long games can take to find and load but I will not reward toxic behavior. Either way good day to you and hope you have better luck in your games. Live long and Don't D/C NANO NANO!

• DrDeepwound
    DrDeepwound Member Posts: 2,557

Dcing against specific killers shows that you aren't an actual PVP gamer tho.

• Alify
    Alify Member Posts: 347

If they bring it back, then people will simply commit suicides on hooks and will gain incorrect bans for game errors or due to loss of connection / blackout etc.

• Freki

first of all i stated my OPINION, this is not an assumption but my OPINION. lol you keep wanting to make that about me assuming and my opinion is that if you d/c for any reasons other than game breaking bugs or your personal mental health (intense phobias that can cause panic attacks and worse) then it is my opinion you are a mean and crappy player because you don't want to help your team or you deny the survivors their game.

as to points the killer get 675 points, which does not equated to the 1000 points for the hook, plus 200 for the sac. and you get points for being abandoned, which does not make up for the 1000 points for the save and 500 if it was a safe unhook. so sure you get 1/2 the points for one time but nothing close to what it would award you and it actually awards it in a different category than it should for killer it is put into brutality not sacrifice.

• PNgamer
    PNgamer Member Posts: 1,415
    edited July 2020

maybe thats true, but fact is theese ppl must be punished. Incorrect Bans ? After the devs have worked on the current issue; i don´t think so

• alaenyia
    alaenyia Member Posts: 650

I did not one time in my entire post say I DCd, I actually said I was "trapped in games with camp/tunnel killers" because you can't DC. So your entire comment is not relevant to what I said. Reread my post and then converse with me about the actual topics I broached.

• Freki

so you don't even see what you said and how it is understood. "trapped in games with camp/tunnel killers" because you can't DC." this to me said that if you could DC you WOULD. that's why I responded the way i did. That is the attitude that perpetuates the idea it's ok to DC. do you want to rethink how you are playing? if you think you can't dc means you were thinking that you wanted to DC. simple as that, based upon what you said I followed the logic and reasoning.

• Buddha
    Buddha Member Posts: 14

Nah man is cool, is you´re playing as killer 3 survs left are way more easy.

it's not my fault that the survivor gets disconnected by hooking him in the first few minutes of the game, shame on him and the rest of the team if they lose they know who to blame...

• MaybeShesCrazy
    MaybeShesCrazy Member Posts: 337

Don't forget Samwise - we only have 3 lives IF your team gets you off the hook prior to the 1/2 way mark on the first hook and sometimes healed. Otherwise it's 1 or 2. The second hook is either 2nd phase fast or - insta-death. This is one reason why I go get my team off the hook ASAP. ;-) The longer we are all together, the better chances we also. Also from a killer's side - they hook anyone three times they get more points too! Win win!

😁

I don't know what I think of the old DC penalty system as I've not experienced it, however, I crashed a lot for bit in all sorts of circumstances... once a week. I did some tweaking and troubleshooting and it helped but it does still occasionally do it. I would hate to be punished for something I had no control over. I am sure my team in some circumstance thought I DC"d but there was no way I could tell them what happend.

I hope if and when it comes back it can tell the difference between a Crash and a DC.

We had one user a few weeks back that DC'd and then was in chat yelling at the killer after. I have no idea how they did that. I can't get back into a game after I crash (and that's probably because it's a crash) but also if I am watching a game and then go back to the main screen and hit any button I'm launched back to the lobby and can't get back in to watch the rest of the game.

• CertArn
    CertArn Member Posts: 78

And the funny part is this could be easily solved.

DC? +100% BP to everyone and -1 Gen. need to be fixed for escape.

Not that hard, right?

Penalty dosent matter, you can ban me, i dont care, i will not waste even one single minute more to play against Doctor. I will just play another game. :/

• PNgamer
    PNgamer Member Posts: 1,415

It´s technical not workable and if you want to play another game, go for it no one stops you

• BBWH
    BBWH Member Posts: 38

I’ve played all morning... every Killer has tunneled. I call it babysitting or setting up camp and it ruins the game. IF a killer can’t win without standing in front of their prey then THEY need to get better at the game. NOT the player. I’ve had a DC almost every game today and it’s ALWAYS because the killer is babysitting. THAT is 99% of why people DC. I don’t DC myself. I just run up to the killer. Let him kill me and hook me and try to escape the hook until I die and can play again. TODAY its been the worst I’ve seen. I’ve never survived today except once because he killed me. Went to go kill someone else. Hooked them and the trap opened next to me. KILLERS need to get better at THEIR game. Not the players.

• BBWH

EXACTLY. If a killer can’t win without tunneling every kill it ruins EVERY game.

• Toybasher
    Toybasher Member Posts: 921

Guy in post-game yelling at the killer after a DC was because he manually pressed "Leave Match" (Which takes you to the post-game screen but doesn't actually disconnect you from the server) then waited for the match to end just to BM.

Which IMHO is even more toxic. If you REALLY have to DC, leave the damn lobby and find a new one. If you wait the entire match just to yell at me in post-game it proves the survivor quit solely out of spite (vs a genuine emergency or connection issue).

• BBWH

Your right. But it doesn’t stop them from being called ass-hats, simple minded, selfish and lacks skill. But they can do it that’s for sure.

• BBWH

Those aren’t reasons those are causes of why players do it. And it’s on the sportsman like conduct to not do those things so EVERYONE experiences a game without feeling like it’s completely hopeless due to tunneling. If a KILLER can’t play without standing 2 feet away from their kill... THEY need to get better at the game.

• BBWH

I just tried to escape from a hook instead of DC and I actually instead got off the hook. The killer was tunneling so of course he let me lay there as bait. At that point I wanted to DC so the other players don’t take time to find out there is no way to heal me. So not only did I sacrifice myself but I couldn’t even get out of the game unless I DC’d. WHY ARE YOU PLAYING IF YOU ONLY TUNNEL? Is it the points? Is it so hard to get points as a killer without just babysitting each kill? Do you lack the skills to play at the level you are playing at so you feel there is no choice.

This is my first time on the message board but it’s been on my mind over a week. Today it’s just out of control.

I don’t understand any “joy” or “fun“ when they play that way. It’s plain and simple. You suck at the game.

• MaybeShesCrazy
    edited July 2020

I don't think I have that option on A PC? Mind you I've never looked as I have no use for it. Kinda sad about that as I was really hoping there was a way to get back in if it happens again so that my teammates would know I didn't rage quit or anything.

I thought it was a pretty crazy thing to do as well. If they wanted to leave - leave. It was pretty rotten to have a teammate come back in and yell at the killer. The other teammates at least defended the killer. That was something good. I agree as well - it was extremely Toxic. Felt bad for the killer as it was uncalled for.

God forbid, but if there was ever an emergency I'm not going to take the time lo log out of the game - I'm going to take off with the game running and deal with the emergency. ☹️

• Wylesong

Do you really have this many people who D/C in your games? If so why when so many others do not have this issue? I am not assuming it is you but there has to be a root to the cause of your problem. I mean you posted at least 3 topics about D/Cing and now in this persons topic. I will say that there certainly are rage quitting babies who get downed once and quit but then there are those people that don't want to reward toxic behavior on either side.

If you are and it seems you may be having this big of an issue with that many D/Cing people in your games ask yourself why? I see maybe one D/C out of every 5 or 6 games but it sounds like and just asking but you are having this issue more often then not. I mean you seem to have this issue to the point it is ruining your game experience and not sure why it is happening to you that much.

Do you do anything toxic to rage people into quitting? Do you tunnel or camp? Do you slug and just let people bleed out which can make people mad? I mean the list goes on.

Then on survivor side they could be teabagging and be stuck as a killer against survivors out of your rank and this does happen. You could have a team mate and this has happened to me that kept letting the killer know where you are. The person kept opening the locker I was in and pointing to it. Their name was even Toxic* . The list goes on but there is many reasons people D/C. I hope you find the root of the reason you are having so many D/C's.

• DetailedDetriment
    DetailedDetriment Member Posts: 2,632

I'm on PS4, so those are two killers that I see far too often. I'd rather play against Ghostface since he at least requires you to focus. Sure, the reveal mechanic is broken, but at least he keeps me on my toes.

• BBWH

Players get hit once and D/C. Or get put on the hook the first time and D/C. I’ve watched killers sit there camping and obviously the player on the hook can see how close I am... and see how the killer isn’t budging.

I’m not toxic at all. I rarely comment or rate. I like to play fairly but these D/C are often players that I haven’t even interacted with in the game yet.

MY theory is the Birthday celebration got so many “newish” or “still learning” players to up their rank. Their skills aren’t improving. They just keep getting more and more things to take into the game. They keep ranking up. And they keep losing. Meanwhile due to the birthday cake they still get extra points no matter how bad they are. My theory is it’s a lot players who went up in rank before they should. So you have a rash of new killers that only know how to camp because they have no skill to kill without out it. And a ton of players who feel overwhelmed and D/C.

• MaybeShesCrazy

Holy poop on toast. I think you are on to something here.

I joining I think just before the anniversary? (I'm at 7 -8 weeks now.) It was not done for the anniversary - it happened to be the time.

I'm bad, and the fact that I'm often at a 6 - 7, ( I range between that and a 10 -11 depending on the week), shocks me. I no longer look at numbers as having meaning. I've kicked rank 1's butts as a teammates and I been beaten to the ground by rank 20 killers. I no longer take into consideration a team-members, or killers rank.

Lose for me is a -1 etc. A win for me is 0 or a + it doesn't matter if I didn't survive. Even at a zero it's usually been a fun game.

I feel I went up too fast and my skill aren't seemingly going with it. Especially in chases. (There is another weird thing that happens too. I often start to lag if a killer is near me - even before the heartbeat. During a chase it happens often too. Makes it harder-much harder.)

I have seen players dc on the very first hook, and come to think of it, yes, it's almost when the game has started and they are immediately hooked before they can do anything.

Don't shoot me - but I will sometimes suicide hook. Normally for good reason - but if I've had a number of really bad games in a row and I get into yet another where I'm on the hook before I've even barely moved, have kindred on, and I see my teammates either doing nothing, two people healing one soul, or they come beside me and start healing or doing the gen beside me while leaving me hooked - I'm out. At that stage I know it's wasted to stay around and I might as well move on to the next game. At that point you can pretty well guess I'm dead anyway. I might , if I have enough time left - try to pull myself off before hand but ...

BTW I rate every game I'm in - but I'm not sure what that even does.

• grassdirtsky
    grassdirtsky Member Posts: 174

There's a lot of DCers here, wow, really shows why the penalty is needed.

• Freki

to answer your questions: 1) I am not a toxic player what so ever. 2) Tunneling and camping are known strats to play the game this is not toxic behavior, 3) I do not tbag at pallets, windows or any time the killer misses. 4) you seem to know every single reason to dc outside of the two or three legit reasons. 5) I speak my mind when people bring issues like this up and say they love the penalties are gone because they are free to dc anytime! 6) with the statement like that in many posts and responses about this topic is it no wonder that people complain about dc's?

When I play killer I do not intentionally tunnel, but if you're off the hook and working on a gen,you are once again fair game because you're back in the game. I don't care if you just got off the hook, you want to do a gen near the hook and I find you then yea i'm going to down you and re-hook you. I'll slug to wait out ds or go after someone else in the area, only ONCE did I slug all 4 people and let them bleed out (why you ask? I was pissed, beyond pissed and I wanted someone to pay so I went into a match slugged them and stopped playing at the end of that match for the night).

I was in 10 matches just now and 3 of them had a dc of some sort, one was even the killer. and earlier today I was watching a friend stream as killer and he had 4 dc's in the span of 5 matches. He is not a toxic killer or anything they just wanted to deny him points, because they didn't like that they couldn't win. This is the problem people take the game so seriously they violate the game rules which does say disconnecting is against the rules when ever they feel like it. instead of grilling me on why i have so many, you need to think why you want to dc so much, and that is for everyone that dc's they have to realize that all the people that dc because "the killer nodded at me" or the killer tunneled me... or any reason other than game breaking errors (or perhaps panic attacks caused by the game) are the reason that people who get disconnected because their power went out, their router fried, the isp went down and more reasons outside of the player's control, get penalized as well. there is no way to discern a network issue from someone removing the ethernet cable from their router.

• BBWH

If you already ranked up that high in 4 weeks than two things are happening. Your skills at escaping the killer haven’t developed so you are an easy hook. And then if the killer lacks skills too you sit there frustrated they won’t go away. I’ve been playing a lot since Quarantine so I went I think from upper 20’s to 12 since then and there were moments in the teens that I felt I was just out gamed. It stopped being fun. My BF also has an account and rarely played so I went back up to the 20’s to gain skills. I’m at 17 now on his but this week and my skills are MUCH better playing on an even playing field.

• ShErMaDeRmA
    ShErMaDeRmA Member Posts: 338

I dont know about yall, but if I'm honestly just having a terrible game and wanna leave no penalty is gonna prevent that. I'll take that penalty, gladly so, more time to think on why I play this game in the first place while I play a game I actually enjoy

• BBWH

It’s not that I don’t understand giving up sometimes. I “sacrifice” myself all the time to “help” my “team” so they don’t waste their time with me on the hook. I don’t DC. I could. But that’s not my gameplay. I like working in a team and want my team to do the best they can.

I still think the birthday points ranked up too many players and killers who have no skills.

sore camping” is “a strategy. But no matter how you look at it I say it’s poor sportsmanship. And a player D/C straight out is wrong too... but I “GET” when the game starts. You sneak to a generator and bam end up on a hook 2 minutes into the fame. Of COURSE people are going to get raged.

it’s two fold. If killers want all the points they can get with practicing and getting better skills it’s on THEM to not just “win” but PLAY. It took me a long time to learn how to “escape” from a killer. I’m so much better than I was.

if people have ranked up SO high due to the birthday cake. The skilled players are getting unskilled players and every game is a frustrating loss. I played one game today that basically was hide and seek. The entire game. Which had its own element of fun but none of the players were skilled enough to do anything but hide and get saved from a hook.

im like. Can you all do your part together so we can get at least ONE generator done. It was like a 15 minute fame of running away and hiding. That isn’t a “fun” game for any of us. But I beg the killer was so happy to killer each tunneled player one by one. And I say “congrats.” You have no skills. Now You get more points to rank up and now go ruin someone else’s game.

• MaybeShesCrazy
    edited July 2020

@BBWH 7 -8 really but yeah I was at a 10 at I think 4.

You are correct - it's escaping from a chase. I suck like there is no description for it. I work at it though. I do try not to be the first hooked though as I know if that happens - it's probably lights on for me - as in - dead. Then I am useless to everyone.

The nature of my work - I've worked all through quarantine. I can only image what would have happened had I been quarantined. 😮

btw I was just in a game with 2 clauds, 1 just DC'd on first hook and the other suicides. All within about 45 seconds of the game - or less. It was a seasoned killer for sure. They were skilled. The two remaining of us, 5 gens still up, kept going. The killer did us a great service and let us get gens and have fun. Oh and I was so excited to be chased and not clobbered to death 2 seconds in.

They let us go - but I would have be okay to be hooked at the end as the killer took the effort to make sure the remaining 2 of us had fun. Hats off to them. It was pretty awesome and nice of them.

Another DC case for the books. :-(

• BBWH

I just don’t get the idea of needing points and using the birthday cake to rank up and then get to a point in your rank you shouldn’t be in. The “goal” shouldn’t be “how fast can I get the easiest amount of points to rank up and play more poorly.”

i loves getting all the points too but where’s the fun if it’s just about feeling like you ranked all the way with poor sportsmanship and are so unskilled THEY D/C. It’s a cycle that needs a solution.

• MaybeShesCrazy

I think too it's to get some perks maybe? I know that was my goal was to get points to open up perk slots and get some perks to try and use.

Exactly it's about fun - or should be - and not every game will be fun. At least fir us. DCing isn't the answer though. Very true.

• BBWH

CONTROVERSIAL: Negative points for tunneling less than 10 meters for longer than 5 seconds. Encourage killers to get the skills they need to play with better sportsmanship. Encourage the players to go for the hook and get better skills at getting chased.

I know that isn’t going to happen. And I know the killers will “hate it” but they also hate all the players who D/C due to their lack of skills to play any other way.

• BBWH

i too ranked all my players high enough as early as I could to have all 4 perks. I get that. Get all the tools you can to survive as a new player. Killers want them too. But with the birthday cake they’ve perked themselves up so high and that’s the only way they know how to play. Perks and better weapons and offering and camping.

• MaybeShesCrazy
    edited July 2020

Exactly.

This should five people a perspective. I have all the DLC's.

Playing about 8 weeks. Keep in mind I work and am on call on my off days /time often.

My characters: 7 are at 50 - three of those P1, 4 are at 40+ and the remainder at at least 20. Only 1 is at level 5.

How's that for crazy leveling. I think too I have two killers at 5 .

Btw for this that you said "You sneak to a generator and bam end up on a hook 2 minutes into the fame. Of COURSE people are going to get raged."

You are being generous - it's usually 30 seconds in, sometimes 45. So I can see why someone would DC - but my thing is - as someone's teammate - please give me a chase to come get you before you decide to DC. I'm actually not to shabby at unhooking and I rarely let anyone hang for too long. Camping makes it harder, but with two us us - we can distract and get you. Give us a chance. That is what I'd like to say to DC'ers.

• BBWH

If ya ever want to play with me and talk while we play I’m a great team player and will share any of the things I learned along the way.

• MaybeShesCrazy

I'll be hooking up a mic again sometime this weekish. If we can get me to survive a chase beyond 10 secs - that'd be a win. I'm very much a team player myself. 🤗

• BBWH

BobbyBWeHo is my name on DBD. Feel free to send a message and say “let’s play”!

• Wylesong

I agree if you are off the hook and on a gen then by all means smack a ######### but if you see a survivor taking someone off the hook and rightfully choose to go after the one that got unhooked over the one who saved him then that is tunneling and you may not see it as a toxic behavior a legit strategy but, for the poor player who did not have a choice in the dumb survivor picking to take them off in front of the killer and then get smacked down, I can understand and even sympathize with them. I mean at that point just take the L and die on hook but at the same time they have a right to be upset if they never even got a chance to touch a gen or even play.

I agree D/Cing is annoying but who is to say the person D/Cing is doing it out of rage. You mention that there is 2 or 3 legit reasons to D/C but how would you know if the person D/C's by what you determine to be legit?

Also you say people take this game to serious but by complaining about someone D/Cing and robing you of fake make believe game points are you not yourself taking the game to serious instead of just saying oh well it is just a game? In the end the person that Rage Quits is to serious but the person that is that upset that someone quit a match is also taking the game to serious. I have D/C's in my game and I just laugh it off BECAUSE it is not a serious situation and at the end of the day I still get points and enjoyed myself because I did not take the game to serious but I tried.

• Wylesong

I was a little confused by your comment. Sorry I may have misunderstood you. The part where you say, "I've watched killers sit there camping and obviously the player on the hook can see how close I am... and see how the killer isn't budging."

This part of your comment confused me because you say you have watched killer sitting there but then say the player on the hook can see how close I(you) am.

Does that mean you as a killer are right in the survivor that is on the hook's face when you play killer and you are not budging so you are camping? I mean if that is the case I mean yeeeeahh camping is a legit strategy but it is also a kind of toxic move by ruining that one players game after only one hook. That could lead others that you knock down to D/C because they would rather quit then sit on a hook letting you stare at them like a happy creeper. lol

I think you are right though that with a bunch of new players and there is many on all platforms that the new players are ranking faster then expected by piggy backing on experienced players backs. Then they get in a match with a good killer and rage quit and probably either quit the game for good or a while which kind of stinks but oh well. =) I think you may have a point though and it may be the issue.

• BBWH

Sorry. I mixed up my pronouns. I’m on the hook. The killer sits in front of me. The other player that would save me if the killer wasn’t camping sits and watches and then (I don’t blame them) give up and run to a generator because they also know it’s a waste of time and effort to play that way. It’s just POOR game play. On the killers part to not have any skills to actually play but instead just camp. When killers do that it’s not that I’m mad. I’m annoyed. I’m thinking are the points and the win mean so much to you, you just have to camp and can’t get any kills otherwise? No other skills besides sitting their. Watching. Waiting. It’s a waste of everyone times and it’s selfish and amateurish.

• Wylesong
    edited July 2020

Okay that makes better sense but by the other person in this forum Freckle or whatever his name is he says Camping is a strategy so deal with it. It makes me laugh because on one end he is saying he hates D/C's because it robs him of points but doesn't camping also rob you the killer of many possible points and also the poor survivor that never got the chance to play?

Also he mentions how a player who D/C ruins his game but doesn't getting camped and tunnel ruin another persons game experience?

I have learned that to many people take this game to serious and never see the other sides perspective. They keep saying me me me but never look back down the finger they are pointing at others. I like how people get mad about how one person plays but then at the same time tell you to get over things when you get mad about how they play.

Sadly this community is quickly going downhill and the toxic level is on the rise. The best piece of advice I can give is to do what I do and let it roll off your back. If someone camps or tunnels sadly not much you can do but laugh at the lack of their skill. If someone D/C's just laugh and keep playing as well because it is just a game and at the end of the day if you survivor or not or if you kill or not the game goes on and your life does too. =)

Post edited by Wylesong on
  • Dr_doom_j2
    Dr_doom_j2 Member Posts: 869

This guy gets it. I've said all along the only reason camping is so strong is people do not know how to approach unhooks. Good survivors do it all the time.

• BBWH

I laugh it off and I think they are terrible at the game. They don’t care. But everyone has consequences because of that “strategy”. It’s the most simplistic, small minded and lack of any real skills at game play strategy so PROUDLY defehd that play but the rest of us who’ve leveled up and play at their best think your “strategy” is bullsh*t. Even IF you get the kill if that’s your goal you ended the game frustrated at D\C and with less points. You do you boo but you deserve all the criticism even IF you think we should “not take it so seriously”. Listen, if that’s all the skill you gave your a terrible player and everyone suffers.

• anarchy753
    anarchy753 Member Posts: 4,212

I disagree, I just did the "kill all 4 survivors by any means as Doctor" by using gross add ons. Got 3 DCs before my second hook, ez challenge.

• BBWH

Of course they can play that way. And every sitauation is different. But lack of skills are why players D/C and poor sportsmanship form the killer is why others D/C. It isn’t one or the other. They are all connected in their own way with the same consequences.