The Nurse should get a add-on rework.

Opex
Opex Member Posts: 263

I think the Nurse should get a add-on rework for a long time. Before she got nerfed her basekit was really strong but it was fine since it needed a lot of skill to master and it's easy to juke if you are not a good nurse which was the case most of the time. But there were a few add-ons that made her way too strong. For example additional blink add-ons that allowed you to get 3, 4 or even 5 blinks with her power which was overpowered. And there was no counterplay at all to this and it didn't take any skill too. Also there has been "Omega Blink" (Booth range add-ons) which was really overpowered. It didn't make her power any easier but way stronger because she could cover most maps and could blink really far just like that without any thing that kind of counters it out like a longer fatigue stun or anything.

It would've been enough if you guys made changes about Omega Blink so it has less range or any counter that makes it not that strong. And if you changed additional blink add-ons so you could max. have 3 blinks or no additional blinks at all. It wasn't needed to change her entire basekit and give her a annoying cooldown. I understand you guys care about your game and want it to be as balanced as possible. And I also know that she is the strongest killer in the game, I've been maining her for the past 3 years and got a lot of experience with her. But this is just a suggestion to maybe change her basekit. It doesn't help balancing it since a Nurse now needs 4 seconds longer for any chase. There's no help at balancing this killer at all. The only thing it does is make it unfun to play as a Nurse which is bad. Since the main reason why people play video games is fun. I suggest you to look into her cooldown and maybe remove it since it doesn't help balancing at all. But this is not what my main suggestion is about. It's about her add-ons.

It also wasn't neccesary to rework all of her add-ons. She had so many really fun to play add-on combos that also weren't too strong. Travel Speed for example wasn't too strong at all but it made it really fun to play. Or things like reduced fatigue time. The fatigue time add-ons are still there but there's no reason to use them because there's no reason to have a short fatigue stun since you still have to wait for your blinks to charge up which means this add-on is completely useless. 80% of all her add-ons are completely garbage. Some of them are meme add-ons (3) that are just making you weaker for more bloodpoints. Some are just completely trash and make the game harder and it would be way easier if you would just play without any add-ons at all. Some add-ons have a really good idea behind them or they were just existing before the nerf the exact same way they are at the moment. For example there are fatigue time add-ons that reduces your fatigue time as I already explained. They already existed before she got nerfed, but now they are completely useless because of the blink cooldown as I explained.

So my final words into this. Please look into her add-ons. They are totally not okay and completely useless. I even made a list where I wrote something about every add-on and explained why its a good or a bad add-on. You guys completely have to look into her add-ons again. And also nerf all of the bugs she has with her power. It gets annoying if you have bugs every game which can actually ruin your entire game. It makes her boring to play if you always have to play blink recharge or range add-ons. Or just always the same add-ons because of all others being completely trash, and you get punished for nothing because there are so many bugs. I would suggest you to return her add-ons with the following changes:

No additional blink add-ons. A Nurse shouldn't be able to have more than two blinks. You can change those add-ons so they do something with your blink cooldown.

Change Omega Blink (booth range add-ons) so they give you a longer fatigue stun. This will allow survivor to gain more distance on you after your blinks so you cant just instantly close it back up within your next one or two blinks. Also the Nurse is going to get punished way more for messing up her blinks.

I also suggest you to look into her cooldown. As I already mentioned it doesn't balance her at all. It doesn't make any differents at all. It just makes her unfun to play and the cooldown is totally not needed. This is not such a big problem with her and it would be okay and understandable if you also just wouldn't change anything about her cooldown.

If anyone from Behaviour should read this. Please give those changes a chance and think about it. She is the strongest killer in the game but she has way to many bugs. Her add-ons are completely garbage and it doesn't make any fun at all to play her. Thanks for taking your time to read this.

Comments

• cactoidking
    cactoidking Member Posts: 11

I agree with you, but damn you could have said this in a single paragraph.

• Kind_Lemon
    Kind_Lemon Member Posts: 2,559

Nurse just shouldn't be the way she is now.

Also, I disagree with not having more than one potential chain blink. There's nothing wrong with just having that series of add-ons considerably reduce the chain blink window so that all chain blinks are inherently shorter with an increased chance of not releasing the chain blink in time.

• DrFrozen
    DrFrozen Member Posts: 144
    edited July 2020

Firstly, she does not need a cooldown on her power anymore. Secondly, addons should be reworked, but not too op as before. She doesn't need additional chain blink addons.

• Opex

I mean sure they could do it. But I think it was really strong that she could just had 3, 4 or even 5 blinks with her add-ons. Even with 3 blinks theres no counter play to her at all. Nothing you can do since the killer has 3 blinks. If the nurse ######### up she still gets a hit. It was just really strong and is not needed for the strongest killer in the game.

• Emeal
    Emeal Member Posts: 4,954

Again?!?

• Opex
    edited July 2020

Yes, since they messed up her last add-on rework. I mean you can read through what I wrote instead of just typing "Again?!?" which doesnt help at all.

• DrFrozen
    DrFrozen Member Posts: 144

I agree with you. Unnecessary cooldown, dead hard and bugs makes her unfun to play. Also her addons are pretty useless. If you want how it exactly should look like, check that out: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/174747/the-nurse-should-be-reworked-again/p1?new=1

It's only my opinion, but I think it'll be great changes.

• Kind_Lemon
    Kind_Lemon Member Posts: 2,559

I would like to point out that the extended range add-ons currently on Nurse still do not give a suitable downside, and this is mainly because of the change to her blink destination that was introduced with The Pig. The best way forward is to revert a large number of her add-ons (return to the community her speedy blink add-ons, Jenner's Last Breath, Anxious Gasp, etc.) and prevent blinks from being noticeably shorter than the range the charge of the blink could cover.