Can we stop the war between both sides :(

gofu
gofu Member Posts: 133

Killers, I know you're harder to play than survivor, and sometimes stressful. But please, if you finally kill that last tbagging scumbag, rather than nod aggressively and shut hatch in his face, give hatch.

And i know it sounds ridiculous, but that's the challenge behind it. You show that toxicity doesn't affect you really, and trust me you'll be the winner in the end when you're surprised by a thank you from someone you would have never thought said it. You'll feel good and like a man in control rather than following instincts.

I know a lot out there are just scared of having hard games and have the habit of tunneling someone out of the game at 3 gens, please don't let it be the baby Meg or Dwight queued with the clearly superior players. Try going for someone who at least knows fundamentals of looping. Or better not do it at all unless you clearly have to (4 survivors 2 gens etc..)

Survivors, I know sometimes you tbag at pallets and click clack to get the killers attention making time for your team.

But especially with visibily green/yellow rank killers, please don't. Think of the many unfun matches they had to play before yours due to the broken matchmaking.

You could try crouching and nodding, it looks cuter and funnier, and certainly not as annoying and dishumilating as tbagging. You don't want him or her camping you at the end of the day.

I'm hoping one day we all get along and ditch the DS/NOED arguments because of one bad match we had.

Comments

• Schinsly
    Schinsly Member Posts: 176

poopy pants

• NekoGamerX
    NekoGamerX Member Posts: 5,277

good luck with that most survivor are swf not alway 4 men group but most likely 2 set groups

• gofu

I really am not, it was just simply the best way to put it because a killer controls the flow of the game.

It's just that is easier for a killer to be a scumbag than a solo survivor.

Survivors who only play solo were never complained about by anyone anyways, I didn't feel the need to give bad sportsmanship examples because its almost impossible to be a bad sport when you play solo.

• Samwise444
    Samwise444 Member Posts: 195

So yeah. While I enjoy the sentiment and do wish that both sides could get along, there is no way I am giving someone who has been a jerk the hatch. Call me part of the problem if you want, but the only way I am letting someone escape is if their team has someone who dcs or kills themself first hook. At that point, the selfishness of that person ruined the experience for everyone and they don't deserve to be punished for it.

• OldHunterLight
    OldHunterLight Member Posts: 3,001

Once I gave hatch and the survivor said that it was the only thing I did right because I was playing like an ahole.

I give hatch depending on my mood or if DC's or something else.

• Leachy_Jr
    Leachy_Jr Member Posts: 2,196

The "war" will stop when everyone plays both sides and 99% of toxic people are gone, which will never happen.

• tippy2k2
    tippy2k2 Member Posts: 5,178
    edited July 2020

As a survivor, I'm never going to play toxic. I play killer a lot more than survivor so I'm well aware how assholeish survivors can be. So you will never see me at the gates tea bagging or tea bagging at the pallets or really tea bagging at all except for the double dip to signify my gratitude toward a survivor who has healed me.

As a killer, game respects game. If you're not tea bagging and being a nuisance and you give me some great chases, I am a LOT more likely to give you the Hatch or the Gate than someone who is tea bagging and being a pest to annoy me. You want to call that not doing my part in the war against toxicity, sure, go for it. But when people go out of their way to annoy me, I will hunt down like the little mosquito they are and crush them for it.

• Seiko300
    Seiko300 Member Posts: 1,862
    edited July 2020

It's only a "war" for those who play one side or the other. Those of us who actively and regularly play both roles have the benefit of seeing through the eyes of both sides and can at least somewhat empathize or sympathize with each other, though our opinions might disagree.

We also like to actively snicker and chuckle to ourselves and each other from the sidelines while watching the biased masses at each others throats.

• Aneurysm
    Aneurysm Member Posts: 5,270

This is OP's point though, you respond with "well the way you described side X is much worse than side Y" You can't even ask for less tribal bs without what you say being analysed and the response being "you're clearly an X main tho"

You tried OP, it's a noble cause but possibly a futile one :)

•  Antares2332
    Antares2332 Member Posts: 1,088

It doesn't matter how many times you ask in this forum that people stop being toxic because they will never change. The only definitive way to eliminate toxicity in this game is to delete the final chat. CHANGE MY MIND.

• BigBrainMegMain
    BigBrainMegMain Member Posts: 3,826
    edited July 2020

You don't start an anti-war thread by saying

"Killers are stressed, and survivors are being jerks."

It just doesn't work. I stated BOTH sides have their equal share.

I do not side with one or the other. How more non-bias do you want my post to be?

• TWiXT
    TWiXT Member Posts: 2,063
    edited July 2020

It's posts like this that make me bring up the unbiased rules I feel everyone should follow:

1 - Play how you want to play and enjoy the game.

2 - Respect is akin to Newtons 3rd law: For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction. Ergo, if you show no respect, don't expect any.

3 - The Killers role is to kill, the Survivors is to survive... Both by any means necessary. Hate the game, not the player.

4 - When the gates are powered... Anything goes.

5 - You paid money for a multiplayer experience, and thus aren't entitled to win every match. Anyone who takes umbrage to this should stick to single-player games where-in you are entitled to win for the money you paid. Being salty because of a lost match is unbecoming, embarrassingly juvenile, and toxic to the communities reputation. We're all people pitting our skills, strategies, and knowledge against each-other. If you lose and have nothing good to say: Leave a "gg," calm down/lick your wounds, and move onto the next match.

6 - (For PC players anyways) Post game chat can be closed using the ">>" in the lower right of the chat box, and will remain closed until you either open it again or restart the game. No one deserves abuse, so if you find yourself frustrated over excessive endgame chat toxicity: Just close it, and continue enjoying the game in peace.

7 - This is a 4v1 Lobby and Match style Multiplayer game. When you queue up to play a match you are committing to seeing it through so that everyone can enjoy the game, and everyone else who queued up is depending on your commitment to the match in order to experience said enjoyment. The acceptable reasons for Intentionally Disconnecting from a match are as follows:

1. A Game breaking bug rendering you incapable of playing a normal match.
    2. A Player(s) taking the game hostage/hacking/exploiting bugs or unintentional game mechanics/bullying or griefing you. (Record if possible, and Report them after leaving the match)
    3. Influences and situations outside of the game that make your disconnection unavoidable in order to deal with said circumstances.

Disconnecting from a match intentionally for any other reason is a practice in bad sportsmanship that Ruins the experience for all other players, Disconnecting over petty reasons doesn't do anything other than piss off everyone else, and makes you a worse player for it since you don't learn how to play any better by quitting. Disconnecting is currently being punished for a good reason: Too many DC's from too many players results in leaving the community as a whole with a sour experience, and could eventually kill the game we love. If you are frustrated with how a match is going; Take it in stride as a learning experience, see it through to the end, take a break, and decide if you want to queue up for another match. We all bought this game in order to play it with others despite how each match goes, and the majority of the fun this game offers is in the variation of each individual match.

Don't be a petty DC'er.

8 - For survivors, Rage quitting via suicide on the hook is your choice, but as with rule 7, all it does is ruin the experience for the rest of your team, and piss everyone off. While it's not currently being punished, it's still regarded by the community as a show of bad sportsmanship. If you don't at least try to play through until the end, regardless of the results, you are only hurting the experience for all other players both new and old, but it's with the new players where this hurts the game the most.

Bad matches happen, we understand, but that's no reason throw a game, especially over petty reasoning. Matches can turn around at the drop of a hat as long as everyone's still playing, and often do, but you won't experience that if you RQ on the hook, and by doing so you drastically affect the teams ability to pull off said "turn around". On top of this, it does nothing for your personal skill growth as a player, or your Blood Point/Experience gains, so there's not really any reason to do it other than petty ones.

9 - If it's a legal mechanic in the game, don't be afraid to use it. Half the fun is discovering new strategies, counters, and synergies using the tools the game provides, so no matter how effective or overpowered you feel they are, there's nothing wrong with using them to your advantage.

10 - Take the good with the bad in stride, rise to meet the challenge every new match presents, and overall... have fun.

Honestly, this is just a list of Common Sense spelled out for everyone to see. The inherent problem of "unwritten" or "Made up rules" is that they're more of guidelines that nobody is obligated to follow. I know it won't change everyone, but I felt if I expressed the rules I follow when playing this game for all to see, maybe others might have them in mind when playing, whether they use them or not.

• Victor_hensley
    Victor_hensley Member Posts: 800

I think this "war" is escalating frighteningly fast. Over the past week, there has been at least 3-4 post that had devolved from a civil conversation, to harassment against the "other side". I have seen the posts, and it has gotten so bad that the mods had to delete it. It was that toxic.

Granted, it was only on the forums, not the game or other stuff like comments on twitter, and mods deleting devolving posts is not new, but I have been on the forums almost day 1, and I have never seen so many post get deleted until over the past week. (one of them was literally made specifically to provide toxic allegations towards killer mains, and most people was joining in on the hate wagon, and it gotten almost 8 pages in 4 hours)

• Aneurysm

That obviously wasn't their intention though, it's just wording. I know your posts are pretty unbiased, but we're all kinda biased to some level which would include OP - their post still reads as genuine rather than some sneaky attack on survivors.

• Todgeweiht
    Todgeweiht Member Posts: 3,666

Bruh how do you want to stop the war between survivors and killers when you are making it look like survivors only know how to teabag and be toxic. To me it just looks like you have the mentality of "killer good, survivor bad".

• BigBrainMegMain

Yeah, I know. It was just worded you know....the wording gave off that impression.

• Aneurysm

Kinda unrelated but they keep banning the more sensible people and letting the most biased + enraged ones run around still, gonna be a proper war between the biggest 'Mains' eventually

• Ghouled_Mojo
    Ghouled_Mojo Member Posts: 2,287

I just don’t see the point in it. Yeah, you’re standing and squatting . I’m pretending they are pumping their legs getting ready to run for their lives.

if I hear clicking and clacking of a flashlight, someone is having a seizure.

• NinjaDette1
    NinjaDette1 Member Posts: 1,289

As someone who equally plays on both sides.All I can really say here is both sides equally have crazy people.

• BigBrainMegMain

It honestly makes me wonder why they were banned.

Some, I would have never guessed they would get the ban hammer but....man.

• Aneurysm

A*en Fall*n (RIP) should've been a trusted member honestly

• BigBrainMegMain

FibiJean, just disappeared.

He/she won an contest as well for best DBD Guide and well...he/she's nowhere.

• Aneurysm

Yeah the amount of free labour she provided to the forum was nuts. Basically a volunteer transcriber for every stream, imagine just alienating her for no reason anyway tho

• megdonalds
    megdonalds Member Posts: 742

It will never change because people on this planet will always be egoists, aholes and hypocrites, sad but true. The double standards, especially in this game, forum and its whole community has always been ridiculously huge and it will keep going until this game maybe some day dies if anything.

• Sadsnacks
    Sadsnacks Member Posts: 677

No. War forever.

And ever.

grrr

• Funkerlied
    Funkerlied Member Posts: 37

Why would I give a hatch when the goal of the game is to kill all the survivors?

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814

The problem isn't with toxicity, it's with blatant disregard for your opponent and their challenges that leads into, but is still a distinct problem than, toxicity. I have had a fair few matches against flash-clicky survivors that fully acknowledge and talk about the significant advantages they have, and whilst I have never seen a toxic Freddy do the same I have had plenty of matches with non-toxic Freddy's that play dirty and freely admit that they just want easy matches. (To be honest, I don't see clicky clicky morons as toxic, more just an annoyance.)

There was a video a while back about player entitlement, in which a streamer played like the scummiest scumbag killer, then proceeded to complain about his opponent for perceived camping and tunelling while he was playing survivor. It's not just about "blank" mains not caring about the other side, there's also this huge undercurrent of massive hypocrisy, where people don't play by the rules they set for their opponents.

• MigrantTheGreat
    MigrantTheGreat Member Posts: 1,379

I understand your message but sadly, The community will be divided until

1. Everybody plays each side easy

2. BHVR brings more balance into the game

Right now, the main thing that bothers me is the amount of toxcity that remains in this community! When I'm playing survivor I'm never an ******! When I'm playing killer I try not to react to toxcity, because if you react to it your only adding fuel to the fire!

• BigTimeGamer
    BigTimeGamer Member Posts: 1,752

I was called the N word and told i was bad for dying to a Rank 1 Nurse after looping her for 4 gens

The idea that survivors are the only toxic people is false

• Dwinchester
    Dwinchester Member Posts: 961

Him, let me think. No. If you're being a toxic tool and it's in my power, you're dying. What I will do is kill you, then let one of your teammates go.

• AVoiceOfReason
    AVoiceOfReason Member Posts: 2,723

I use to not camp and tunnel but lately I have been and most of the time, I 4k from it. I play to enjoy myself. If I get ######### talked every match no matter what I do and get accused of something I didn't do then I start doing it. Doing what you must to kill is what you need to do, regardless of another. You are trying to do your objective. Same with gen rushing.

No one will stop gens so you can catch up so no one should expect the killer to do what they want.

• Reinami
    Reinami Member Posts: 5,442

No thanks, i play to win and when people want to cry about it that's their problem.

• Carpemortum
    Carpemortum Member Posts: 4,506

Yes and no.

Yes- Those of us who play both sides rarely engage in the "war" or the side v side bs.

No- those who refuse to play both sides and dig their heels into "their side" view the other as an obstacle, an enemy, instead of another player.

Granted this isnt for 100% of everyone, there are some who play both and take a side, or play one side yet sympathize with the other, but for the most part, unless everyone plays both sides, theres going to be the us vs them bias.

• SeantheHuman
    SeantheHuman Member Posts: 40

Thank you for the post. I myself enjoy playing both but do main killer, and honestly when you start relaxing and not really trying as hard, its really fun! I think too many people on here are just sweaty and desire a strange sense of power and dominance over the opposing players.

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675
    edited July 2020

It's a competitive PvP game, so people are going to be competitive and play against the other player(s).

@OP:

The "war" won't stop until people stop being labeled as "biased" because they recognize one side does actually have it better than the other. It won't stop until the appeal to moderation fallacy stops being used. It won't stop until false equivalences stop being used. It won't stop until the tu quoque fallacy stops being used.

In short, it won't stop until people learn to accept facts instead of pretending both sides are the same.

Post edited by Orion on
  • NoShinyPony
    NoShinyPony Member Posts: 4,570

"Killers, even if the surv shows you disrespect, gift them the hatch. Survivors, don't bm the killer too much, just a bit crouching & nodding, you don't have to gift the killer anything, of course."

Sounds totally fair & equal. /s

• hahadrillgobrrr
    hahadrillgobrrr Member Posts: 953

No. Imma grab my pitchfork and head for the barricades.

• SeantheHuman

I don't really see why this is a reply to me as much as its a reply to the thread but...ok, also mate, fancy words are nice but this war is about a video game, a video game where players can enjoy it when they get caught or maybe when they lose and learn from their mistakes, sorry if your being sarcastic and I'm just not sensing it.

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

The first line was a reply to you, the rest was for the thread itself.

• SeantheHuman

ah sorry about that then, kind went into dick mode myself. Welp, still my point...ehh..kind of stands, I think?

• xEa
    xEa Member Posts: 4,105

Yea, survivors are all toxic SWF aholes and killers have a hard time to deal with them. Stop the war.

• gofu

haha cheers

yeah maybe I haven't worded my thread in the best way to please both sides, but there can be cuunt killers who slug 4 people till the end of the match for a bleedout, camp aggressively on first hook knowing it isn't a swf, tunnel the weaklings out of the game, play forever freddy.

Just don't respond to toxicity with toxicity is all I ask, and hopefully this would affect your opponent making him feel bad for a change or question his game choices.

• burt0r
    burt0r Member Posts: 4,154

I got bullied in pre- up to middle school. I tried to feign ignorance or use indifference. I can tell you it didn't help and probably never will.

The difference in online games is that you have no other choice but hope that it will help.

In real life I can try violence but online everyone is protected by anonymity and simply moves on since they probably will never see each other again.

I play only killer never camp ( why should I bore myself to death) or tunnel (more hits equals more bp and less stress). I play for bp and fun while watching something on YT on my second screen.

But even then I sometimes encounter unwarranted toxicity. I can just hope to ease it up by not adding fuel in the raging fire.

• DrDeepwound
    DrDeepwound Member Posts: 2,557
    edited July 2020

As I have stated previously:

"There is no killer or survivor side.

The game is one.

The division is in you."