What happened with the "optimisation pass"?

Options

Devs announced an optimisation patch around 2018 which would adress and fix all the performance issues dbd has. Not long after that they changed the wording to "optimisation PASS" and since then I never heard anything about optimisation.

What happened to that?

Comments

• Zeus
    Zeus Member Posts: 2,112
    Options

They'll probably have to do that after they introduce the graphic upgrade. I'll be surprised if they nail it the first try.

• twistedmonkey
    twistedmonkey Member Posts: 4,291
    Options

Optimization is always ongoing.

They did a patch which helped console last year but with the new engine update issues arised again.

• JPLongstreet
    JPLongstreet Member Posts: 5,432
    Options

With the next gen consoles nearing I have to believe much more resources would naturally flow towards that, and it makes sense. Even Microsoft has begun stating what they no longer support/do for the Xbox 1.

But after 2+ years or so of this game being on Xbox, I also kinda hear at the same time "Oh yes about that promised big optimization, 60min frames, and latency..... well.... yeah sorry about that... see yaaaaa"

• OniWantsYourMacaroni
    OniWantsYourMacaroni Member Posts: 5,944
    Options

Maybe with the new graphic update?

I don't know,i just want my game to not have a heart attack whenever something is happening on screen.

• Fiv55
    Fiv55 Member Posts: 350
    Options

they never said what kind of optimisation, right?

It's income optimisation by releasing the rift pass /s

• MojoTheFabulous
    MojoTheFabulous Member Posts: 2,015
    Options

At this point it'll probably be part of the graphics update because with how poorly optimized the game already is, they'd be ######### stupid not to focus on optimization with the graphics changes they are doing.

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675
    Options

Because:

• If they did give us an update with a specific date, even if they said it was a preliminary date and that it was prone to being changed, people would take it as a deadline and call them liars if they couldn't meet the date.
    • If they didn't give us a date, the "update" would be meaningless. It'd be the same as you calling someone to let them know you're on your way, then calling them mid-trip to let them know that you're still on your way (i.e.: that nothing's changed).
    • If they said it wasn't happening any more, they'd be lying, because it is.

So what would be the point?