The Nurse should be reworked again

Options
DrFrozen
DrFrozen Member Posts: 144
edited July 2020 in General Discussions

The Nurse should be the strongest killer in the game. Now, nerfed Nurse is no longer S-tier character. I have a lot of practice with this champion and against him. You could counter old 2 blinks Nurse, it wasn't difficult. Her basekit was fine and she shouldn't need cooldown on her power. Example, if now Nurse without addons play against survivor with dead hard it takes 8 seconds per her blink set. If she hit, chace will last 8 seconds. Next, survivor has dead hard so her chace equeals now 16 seconds. If she miss her blinks, chace now equeals 24 seconds etc. As you can see, Nurse cannot counter dead hard. This perk gives survivors free 8 seconds to genrushing, running away etc. She definitely needs rework especially for addons. Nowadays she has only 2 great recharge addons. Rest of them are useless. She's boring killer to play as and dead hard, bugs make her unfun to play. How the Nurse can be reworked remaining balance ?

Her base stats will remain the same as now. Movement speed of 96.25% or 3.85m/s, no cooldown on power, 2 seconds fatigue baseline and +0.5s additional fatigue time per chain blink, +1 second when the Nurse uses her attack. Her blink movement speed remains 333% or 13.33 m/s. Just her old basekit.

Now let's talk about the addons. They will be so much weaker than before because the Nurse won't rely on them anymore and they'll change the game by slightly:

COMMON ADDONS:

Wooden Horse: Slightly decreases the fatigue duration by 7%.

1 blink = 1,86 seconds fatigue

+ 0,47 seconds per chain blink

+0,93 seconds when she uses her attack

Plaid Flannel: Allows The Nurse to see Blink Target Locations.

Metal Spoon: Slightly increases the maximum Blink range and charge time by 10% or 2 meters and 0.2 seconds.

White Nit Comb: Slightly decreases your reappearance time by 7%. Stacks.

UNCOMMON ADDONS:

Pocket Watch: Moderately increases your chain blink window duration by 13%.

Dull Bracelet: When post-blink attacked slightly reduces the unit's action speed until healed by 3%.

Dark Cinture: Knocking down survivors using blink attacks makes other survivors scream within 10 meters of you.

Catatonic Boy's Treasure: Moderately increases the maximum Blink range and charge time by 15% or 3 meters and 0.3 seconds. stacks.

Bad Man Keepsake: Slightly increases your movement speed while charging your blink by 5%. Slightly increases your movement speed while while on the fatigue state by 2.5%. stacks.

RARE ADDONS:

Spasmodic Breath: Moderately decreases your reappearance time by 9%. stacks. (works as old White Nit Comb)

Heavy Panting: Considerably increases the maximum Blink range and charge time by 20% or 4 meters and 0.4 seconds. stacks.

Fragile Wheeze: Slightly decreases the fatigue duration by 7%. Slightly decreases your reappearance time by 7% . Slightly increases the maximum Blink range and charge time by 10% or 2 meters and 0.2 seconds. stacks.

Ataxic Respiration: Considerably decreases the fatigue duration by 13%. stacks.

1 blink = 1,74 seconds fatigue

+ 0,44 seconds per chain blink

+ 0,87 seconds when she uses her attack

Anxious Gasp: Slightly increases your movement speed while charging your blink by 5%. Moderately increases your movement speed while on the fatigue state by 5%. Slightly increases your Post-Blink Lunge attacks by 5% up to 159%. stacks.

VERY RARE ADDONS:

Kavanagh's Last Breath: Blink attacks applies Mangled status effect.

Jenner's Last Breath: Blink attacks applies Exhausted status effect for 3.5 seconds. It has 15 seconds cooldown.

"Bad Man's" Last Breath: Considerably decreases blink charge time by 25% or 0.5 seconds.

Campbell's Last Breath: Considerably decreases your reappearance time by 11%. stacks.

ULTRA RARE ADDONS

Matchbox: Adds 1 additional chain blink. Tremendously increases your reappearance time by 18%.

Torn Bookmark: Removes 1 chain blink. There's no sound while the Nurse is charging her Blink.

What do you think ? Are these addons balanced ? Have you got another suggestion ? Please write in a comment section and give vote up if you think that's good or great changes!

Post edited by DrFrozen on

Comments

• Todgeweiht
    Todgeweiht Member Posts: 3,666
    Options

Just fix the ######### bugs. I finally decide to play a game of nurse and I get the dead zone infested temple of wrath.

• timbologna
    timbologna Member Posts: 348
    Options

Nurse should be able to cancel a blink. That's all i ask. I cant count the amount of times i've gone to blink in front of someone and they just turn around while I look at them zooming away like an idiot.

• xEa
    xEa Member Posts: 4,105
    Options

The Nurse should be the strongest killer in the game, but the Spirit is stronger.

You start your thread with a statement that is completly wrong. It is true that Spirit is better when beeing a novice, but mastering Nurse makes Spirit look like a joke.

• Axe
    Axe Member Posts: 1,060
    Options

Nurse still is the best killer in the game. Just some people dont know how to play her, she takes time and got a good long learning curve. I get 4ks faster with her then any other killers

• Tru3Lemon
    Tru3Lemon Member Posts: 1,358
    Options

she dosent need any rework shes fine she suppose to be a difficult killer to control and im not a typical guy that want to be rude or something but ppl just want her to be easy to control

• DrFrozen
    Options

So what do you think about... Dull Bracelet ? Useless addon ? Worthless... She needs a rework especially for addons

Oh... what about White Nit Comb ? Useless too ?

• MigrantTheGreat
    MigrantTheGreat Member Posts: 1,378
    Options

Sally is in her own league and she is by far more superior than Rin! The cool down to her power was uncalled for and was added in favor of survivors to give them more breathing space, because the way I see it, they added a cool down on top of a cool down(fatigue) that she had full control over how long it lasted!

Hey add-ons are utter garbage, idk what BHVR was thinking

• LetsPlayTogether
    LetsPlayTogether Member Posts: 2,117
    Options

I stopped reading after "Spirit is stronger". Thats ridiculous.

• Opex
    Opex Member Posts: 263
    Options

Spirit isn't stronger than Nurse. She might be fine from the balancing I completely have to agree with you. But the main reason why people play games is fun. And there's no fun playing her at all. Don't understand me wrong I don't want her to be completely OP, but you can still make changes with her so she is fine without making her any stronger too. They should rework her add-ons since the only good add-ons are Blink Recharge and Blink Range. thats 80% - 90% being trash, even the strongest killer in the game shouldn't have that. Her most add-ons are meme add-ons or add-ons that make her weaker which is what a add-on shouldn't be doing. They should completely rework her add-ons again. Or what I suggest them is bring her old add-ons back from before the nerf with following changes:

No additional blink add-on, not even a pink add-on should give her more than 2 blinks. They can change those add-ons so they instead do something with your blink cooldown. (Incase they should remove it if they actually react to those discussions, they could be creative and do something like that your blinks are charging up faster for example)

Omega Blink should give you a longer fatigue time, or a longer blink cooldown. (incase the blink cooldown should stay)

This would balance her since the main reason why she needed a nerf was her add-ons and not her basekit. This would balance the OP add-ons and make her add-ons not completely trash. But it would also be fun to play since you would have so many different add-on combos that you can play. She wouldn't be that boring anymore.

Next thing.... she has countless bugs, and they don't care. They are not fixing them. Since her nerf they only fixed one deadzone bug. And that bug was not affecting the killer but the survivors which is funny that they only fix exactly that. They should look at all the reports of bugs and try fixing most of them. Its completely okay if a game got bugs and thats completely normal, but its not okay if they dont fix these bugs.

And now the final thing... the cooldown was so unneccesary and dumb to add. A game is played for fun and cooldowns don't make fun. I understand that they wanted to balance her and thought a cooldown was a good idea. But it is just so unfun to play and it doesn't even help balancing her at all. It just makes her unfun to play, a good nurse now needs about 16 seconds to end a chase now instead of 12. If not even less. She is the exact same in the point of balancing if we are looking at her without a cooldown. They could just remove it. It completely wasn't needed.

If you might not understand why most her add-ons are trash or you have problems in understanding why I think so I made a document where I wrote something about every add-on and why it is good or bad. If you want you guys can look into it and understand why I think so. And I tried every single add-ons she has at least 3 games. So I got some experience with them and I can't underestimate them incase someone wants to tell me that.

• Opex
    Options

She is a really strong killer so I think she should require some skill. If you can just cancel it there is no counter play at all which is bad. You can kind of cancel it by blinking at the floor. This is something they should never add to her power.

• Opex
    Options

That is not the point, the points is that she is no fun to play anymore. If you want you can read what I wrote in my answer to Merryeth.

• Opex
    Options

Yes she needs a rework. She is the most difficult killer and so she should be fun to play as soon as you learnt to play her. And she should also be really strong if not even the strongest killer in the game because of that. People don't want her to be easier to play thats totally not the case. Her add-ons are completely trash. Her cooldown makes her unfun to play and doesnt help balancing at all. She is really buggy since her nerf and until now they only fixxed ONE bug that was also only affecting the survivors which is funny that they only fix that.

• Opex
    Options

I think everyone understands what the cooldown is for. The thoughts behind it are really really good. But it just doesn't work it doesnt balance her at all. She is just unfun to play and thats why they should remove the cooldown. It wasnt needed anyways since everyone knows the really big problem with her were her add-ons and not her basekit. And I have to agree with her add-ons being garbage I dont understand how the devs made those add-ons. They probably didnt even try them out or anything since if they did they probably would have changed them after that.

• JesterClown
    JesterClown Member Posts: 225
    Options

I just think the add on rework is highly needed, I know that cooldowns are highly unfun and I actually agree with that, but in nurses case its justified because she is so strong at high level. And hey maybe her add ons will help her with that cooldown who knows

• MigrantTheGreat
    MigrantTheGreat Member Posts: 1,378
    Options

I agree! As a retired Nurse main she is unfun to play as. I think what BHVR had in mind on what to do with her add-ons was make her fun to use, but these add-ons seem like BHVR doesn't understand Nurse

• Opex
    Options

You are right there. They can also make her cooldown fun to play. At the moment you can play blink recharge but always playing the old nurse with no add-ons and waiting like 1 second is just not fun to play. But they can actually do something great to make her more fun in that case if they should rework her add-ons.

• Salty_Pearl
    Salty_Pearl Member Posts: 1,367
    Options

Most of her addons now are useless and hinder her more than help her. She even has addon versions of her own perks and I don't see the point of them.

• Opex
    Options

Yes, those add-ons might not be so bad. But still no reason to use them. And you can also just use the perk and get a better version of the add-on. Other add-ons are meme add-ons that make her worse for more bloodpoints. And really few (blink recharge and blink range only) are good add-ons that you could use.

• Tactless_Ninja
    Tactless_Ninja Member Posts: 1,791
    Options

My main issue with her is trying to blink through large solid object and stopping short if I didn't charge long enough, basically doing nothing and giving me the full cooldown.

I think the short blinks aimed at a solid object should phase all the way through. Would give her better control in tighter spaces.

• NursesBootie
    NursesBootie Member Posts: 2,159
    Options

What about her countless bugs that get ignored for months?

• AVoiceOfReason
    AVoiceOfReason Member Posts: 2,723
    Options

Her CD is too harsh. Just add the ability for it to recharge while holding a blink would do wonders for her. That's all she really needs. That and an add-on rework.

• Opex
    Options

I mean I really want a add-on rework or the old add-ons with a few changes that I mentioned in this discussion already. But if they would fix all the bugs I would be so much happier already.

• Warcrafter4
    Warcrafter4 Member Posts: 2,917
    Options

Can we please stop with these hypothetical Unicorn Nurses.

its easier to find unicorns then it is to find "Good" Nurses thus the nickname Unicorn Nurses.

Sorry about being so abrasive but these hypothetical/Theoretical "Good" Nurses people talk about I honestly doubt even exist at this point hence my nick name for them Unicorn Nurses.

• Opex
    edited July 2020
    Options

Who says they don't exist? We can play against each other or if you want you can watch me if you are bored :D (No flex btw)

Edit: thx for the compliment I always wanted to be a unicorn :3

• Salty_Pearl
    Salty_Pearl Member Posts: 1,367
    Options

Oh no I was saying how those perk addons are bad (sorry if I worded it weirdly.) Also I agree with you on how the blink recharge is the only good one, the rest are horrible.

Pre-rework Nurse was fine and the only balance change she need was either a nerf or a change to her +blink addons, THAT WAS IT. She did not need this "rework" at all.

• Opex
    Options

She just needed a nerf on her Omega Blink and Additional Blink add-ons, her basekit was fine. They only had to change those few add-ons and make them more balance. AND NOT RUIN 90% OF ALL HER ADD-ONS MAKE HER COMPLETELY BUGGY AND CHANGE THE ENTIRE BASEKIT. Can I remind that they did the exact same fuc king thing with billy?

• BigBrainMegMain
    BigBrainMegMain Member Posts: 3,826
    Options

Except the skill ceiling for Nurse is infinitely more frustrating to get to than the skill ceiling for Spirit.

Doesn't matter if she's stronger in the end, it's the road getting there is not worth it.

• Squirrel_Thicc
    Squirrel_Thicc Member Posts: 2,677
    Options

I still personally think she's the best killer in the game if played right.

• Opex
    Options

Well Nurse is stronger than Spirit. The differents is that Spirits needs a nerf / change with her basekit. The Nurse doesn't since she needs more skill. She can be a really strong killer / the strongest in the game. You already said it there are almost no people playing Nurse anymore because its hard to learn her. People instead play killers like Spirit since you get almost the exact same power as a Killer but its way easier to play the killer. I've been maining her for 3 years and I would say I got a lot of experience and I know what I'm talking about. The Nurse didnt need the cooldown, it doesnt help balancing her at all, the only thing it does is make her unfun to play. She is not add-on depended and can destroy a swf even without add-ons. And I already asked Peanits and he told me that the thoughts of the devs was that you can use those add-ons that are funny or give you a little bonus. But shouldnt make you stronger. Theoratically thats true, but at the same time I got the following question. Basically you could play every other killer without add-ons. You dont need them for any killer even tho it makes them more fun to play and even stronger. But if the Nurse is like that the real question is way does she has add-ons at all? even as the strongest killer in the game she should have usuable add-ons that are fun to play. And they have to fix the bugs with her. They have been ignoring her bugs for months since her rework. I love how they only fixed one deadzone bug with her power since her rework. And that was the only bug that affected the survivors instead of the killer. Thats so unexpected and so Behaviour like...

• CakeDuty
    CakeDuty Member Posts: 994
    Options

You should check out Scorpionz on Twitch then. He's a "Unicorn Nurse" manages to get plenty of 4Ks with addon less and only using the perk Shadowborn. Proving she's still strong in the right hands. :)

• SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467
    edited July 2020
    Options

I'm just glad you're making the three blink grab trophy not a complete nightmare to obtain. Do the blink movement speed add-ons stack? They'd make going for that trophy even better.

Also, thank god you're taking out those crappy add-ons that turn her into an M1 Killer. Those have no place here, especially at their current rarity.

• Opex
    edited July 2020
    Options

There are no Blink Movement Speed add-ons.....

Edit: she had some before the rework and it were fun add-ons. You would reach your destination almost instantly. The survivors would have almost no time to juke your blinks and you could move faster. It might sound really OP but it was a perfectly fine add-on combo and was really fun to play.

• Opex
    Options

Yes she is strong in the correct hands. Sorry but I got to flex again on the YouTube Channel: Opex - Dead by daylight You will find a unicorn Nurse that destroys everything ;) (ok sorry this was the last flex in this discussion)

• SnakeSound222
    Options

I'm talking about the ones OP wants to add. They straight up say "increases/decreases blink movement speed" in the opening post.

• Opex
    Options

Her OP add-ons that needed a nerf were:

"Ataxic Respiration" and "Catatonic Boy's Treasure".

That was Omega Blink booth these add-ons were Range add-ons and combined it was just too strong.

And than there were additional Blink add-ons like:

"Campbell's Last Breath" (2 blinks more, total of 4 blinks),

"Fragile Wheeze" (1 Blink more, total of 3 blinks)

"Dark Cincture" (1 Blink more, total of 3 blinks)

"Torn Bookmark" (1 Blink more, total of 3 blinks)

Those add-ons gave survivors no counter play at all since the Nurse could just mess up and still get a hit because she had 3, 4 or even 5 blinks. That was how noob nurses made a lot of kills and got to rank 1.

They only had to nerf those add-ons.

Instead they ruined her basekit and gave her a not needed Cooldown which doesn't balance her at all and just makes her unfun to play.

Ruined 80% - 90% of their add-ons by making a lot of meme add-ons and almost all her add-ons making her worse than without add-ons.

Gaving her a lot of bugs that makes her really unfun to play. It's okay if a game has bugs and it's the most normal thing in the world. But it's not okay if they do not fix them after 10 months.....

• DrFrozen
    Options

Old Blink movement speed addons were too op. Rare addon increased her blink movement speed up to 400%. These addons are perfectly-nerfed making it more balanced.

• Veeramid
    Veeramid Member Posts: 113
    Options

I'm not trying to sound rude at all but maybe you aren't as good as her as you think. I have a friend who plays nurse at red ranks and 4ks every game. She's just a lot harder to play but dead hard is so easy to avoid on her. Just blink behind them then blink again and hit them. She's still S tier and will remain that way because of her unique playstyle of avoid loops completely.

• Opex
    Options

You dont understand the point. I main her for 3 years and I also 4k every single game. She is still the strongest killer in the game. Its not the point that she is too weak she totally isnt. Our point is that she has so many bugs and her current add-ons are completely dogshit. Its totally not fun to play her anymore. You can fix the bugs and make fun to play add-ons without making her too OP easily.

• Veeramid
    Veeramid Member Posts: 113
    edited July 2020
    Options

Man then state that as your point instead of emphasizing on how annoying deadhard is. Also her add ons are fine and name the bugs youre so talking about? Also they want to give nurse back her infinite blinks which is just dumb. Some of you nurse mains play this game on easy mode and still complain.

• Голубой
    Голубой Member Posts: 126
    Options

Honestly, Nurse is not that difficult to play. Is she more difficult than the other killers? I guess so. Although I can't say for certain because I play Nurse 95% of the time. But people vastly exaggerate how long it takes to get good at her. And maybe this is just my experience, but it does not take that much time to get a handle on her blink ranges and then it just becomes about learning how to predict patterns and read players. But this might all be due to my past experience that I picked her up fairly smoothly. I played league, so I was used to learning to read and react to opponents' behaviors and maining Tracer in overwatch taught me a lot about blink management and movement.

• Opex
    Options

Its everyones own. I also didnt need that long to learn her. But others probably need longer which is comepletely okay.

• Opex
    edited July 2020
    Options

In this discussion we never complained about her being to hard or to weak. It was always that she is buggy and need a add-on rework. It was completely clear to see that that was our point.

List of a few bugs that are in my mind right now:

You cant use your second blink until you hook the next survivor.

After you get stunned you cant use your blinks at all without waiting like 5 - 10 seconds. It will spam the charge sound and it will only work as soon as you waited till the sound was gone. than you can blink again.

Bug that you cant M1 after your blinks.

Bug that her blinks dont move you at all.

Blinking inside of a survivor and being stuck.

Silent Hill got a lot of dead zones. If you try to blink through open areas with dead zones it wont move you.

Hills on map got a dead zone where you cant blink through.

Sometimes you get blinked randomly in the basement. Or just you get blink a floor below you or above you even tho you werent even looking there.

Bug that doesnt allow you to move correctly after you blinked for the entire game. It will kind of be like a high pink in call of duty. You just keep getting teleported back and it makes the game unplayable.

Those are just a few of really really many bugs that she has. Those were in my mind and this is only a quarter of them.

How can you say her add-ons are fine? Did you ever look at them? Most add-ons are meme add-ons or just add-ons that are making her power worse than stronger. There are only 2 good add-ons which are blink range and blink recharge. that means that 80% - 90% of all her add-ons are completely garbage. If you might not understand why that is I made a document where I wrote something about everysingle add-ons and why they are good or bad.

• Dustin
    Dustin Member Posts: 2,259
    edited July 2020
    Options

Only one thing I'd change about Nurse currently

If Nurse is charging blink it doesn't deplete an unfinished charge - So if you had 1 blink and the second was on charge it would leave that 2nd charge at the time it had remaining to refill when your blink finishes instead of depleting both.

I could care less about the addons. Even so in current state Nurse is quite strong. Just with the current charge mechanic some maps are more difficult than they should be to win against smart survivors but these maps affect all killers really. Mostly just the red forest maps and that snowmap.

Blinking out of the basement could be adjusted because if there's a prop conveniently where you're blinking like a tree you end up not going anywhere. Wish it would just push the blink thing past some obstacles that ######### gets annoying fast. This is why most of the time hooking in the basement as Nurse feels like it's going to screw you over more than anything.

• SnakeSound222
    Options

...what? When did I even mention anything about this? You know that "OP" refers to "original post" here, right? I didn't even mention nerfing anything. I was only talking about a trophy and the proposed new add-ons from the OP. Either you accidentally replied to me or are just telling this to everybody (it's true that she's being screwed over though).