Let a Laurie wiggle off at end gates for points and...

Options
GreyWolfofNorth
GreyWolfofNorth Member Posts: 28
edited July 2020 in General Discussions

She wiggled off turnt around unhooked her friend on the hook and they dead harded past me. I was infinite tier 3 Myers. Called them out for being toxic and they turnt around and said Infinite tier 3 is toxic. Legit curious I thought Myers was the most balanced killer around? Curious to hear your guys opinions.

Comments

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,561
    Options

Apparently you tried to let her go because she would have wiggled off (and saved her mate) either way.

they did nothing wrong. Well they could have worded their texts in the chat better, but I have seen much worse.

also that whole „killer x is most balanced“ is never a good argument, and especially Myers who can change playstyle based on addons that much can’t be tiered easily like that.. not saying infinite tier 3 is toxic or OP, just that Myers and no Killer is „the most balanced of them all“

• faff
    faff Member Posts: 68
    Options

next time let her crawl out. you can open the gate if it's not opened.

• H3xB0rr0w3dT1m3
    H3xB0rr0w3dT1m3 Member Posts: 188
    Options

So you let her go, and surprised she wen’t back for her teammate on the hook? Talk about entitlement

• Ghouled_Mojo
    Ghouled_Mojo Member Posts: 2,287
    Options

Don’t let them go unless you’re willing to deal with what happens later.

• AVoiceOfReason
    AVoiceOfReason Member Posts: 2,723
    edited July 2020
    Options

Neither side was toxic but don't be upset. You should have either waited until the person died on hook or opened the gate. Don't ever expect kindness from the other side. We have our own roles in the game and assuming the other will do as you want is a good way to feel jilted.

• Kellie
    Kellie Member Posts: 1,328
    Options

Maybe next time don't let the survivor wiggle off?

• C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 8,227
    Options

If you want to give Survivors BP, just drop them and let them escape. Not those little charity BP from wiggle. They did what they should.

One time I carried the last survivor to the hatch, it happened that they wiggled out when hatch is 5m away, they tbag, escape and "Ez". Now thats what I call toxic. Not your case.

• Valor188917
    Valor188917 Member Posts: 649
    Options

imagine thinking infinite t3 myers is strong, what's freddy then? His basekit is better than any form of myers.

• Revzi100
    Revzi100 Member Posts: 529
    Options

just play the game as intended, killers kill, suvivours escape

• starkiller1286
    starkiller1286 Member Posts: 889
    Options

It3 can be gen blitzd so they never get it, it takes a long time to get for a reason but I agree it was silly to let them go unless you angle it so they are forced out.

• Halun
    Halun Member Posts: 177
    Options

Never let them go.

4k all day.

• feelthepain23
    feelthepain23 Member Posts: 14
    Options

Bait post for sure.

• Голубой
    Голубой Member Posts: 126
    edited July 2020
    Options

Not only that, but it is such bullshit when they do sometimes.

Last night I played against a really great Oni. And it was me and another Jane left in the end game collapse. He killed me and let her go. I stayed and watched because I wanted to tell him it was a really fun game. But the arbitrary letting her go was complete bullshit and of course it was no longer a "gg" because of that. I let the Oni know too that killers always feel like they are such a great person for letting people go and should feel good about themselves. And I let him know that this isn't the case and I hope he doesn't think he's a nice guy for doing that. ######### people like that Oni.

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814
    Options

If infinite T3 is toxic, then playing Plague is... Ultra toxic?

• sentinulled
    sentinulled Member Posts: 2
    Options

sorry dude, but you can’t expect all survivors to play for themselves. that’s not the case.

there are some who actually care for the others and will save them or die trying, that’s just how it is. you can’t expect them to leave each other behind all the time.

• supersonic853
    supersonic853 Member Posts: 5,398
    Options

If i let someone go i slug them and leave them at the exit gate and wait. They get up and rush back in i slap them down and hook them they had their chance.

• Carpemortum
    Carpemortum Member Posts: 4,506
    Options

Not at all. They're both way harder to use. You're slow, and takes forever to tier up.

Dont run from meyers in a straight line maybe. 🤷‍♀️

• Aneurysm
    Aneurysm Member Posts: 5,270
    edited July 2020
    Options

Only be nice to the other side if you're in a situation where they can't exploit it. If you want to give a survivor the gate when there's another on a nearby hook, they can crawl out. If you want to give a killer free exit gate hits, make sure you're far enough in that you'll auto-escape when downed (personal mistake). And most importantly of all, if you do mess it up don't send them salty messages after.

• ZtarShot
    ZtarShot Member Posts: 838
    Options

When I just so happen to play killer, I usually let the last survivor go. I'm sorry from a survivors perspective that you think letting survivors go isn't nice, but it's made my day many times.

• Aneurysm
    Aneurysm Member Posts: 5,270
    Options

I missed this comment, why does letting the last one go annoy you? Most survivors seem pretty happy about it.

• DCash
    DCash Member Posts: 170
    Options

I don't think his iri add ons are toxic. I've used them a lot and they are hard to use against good players. I rarely see a Myers these days anyway. Don't listen to them they are just salty. You can't trust what salty people say.

As for being nice..... after 3k hours in this game... Don't be nice. Survivors are the most ######### toxic people I have ever played with. If you give them an inch they will take a mile, all while telling you you're trash. Show them no mercy as they will show you none.

That being said, I give hatch often, I am nice....but now it's only on my terms. Too many times I try to be nice and survivors want to take more and more. Give them the gate? They sit there and heal while you twiddle your thumbs. Nope, I am not waiting for you to self-care, you get downed, crawl out. So your mistake wasn't being nice.... It was letting her walk out. You can let her escape...but make her crawl, don't give them options, as you can see they will screw you if they have the chance.

• SeannyD115
    SeannyD115 Member Posts: 583
    Options

He needs a lot of evil within to get either of those two add-ons. If a Myers is taking forever to get out of tier 2 you can assume he has either one. Unless survivors are just feeding him evil within the game should be almost over by time he gets tier 3

• Go_Go_Roboto
    Go_Go_Roboto Member Posts: 330
    Options

I don't think half the people here read the post lol

• xEa
    xEa Member Posts: 4,105
    Options

Smart? How is it smart to abuse the killers good will? There is absolutly no wonder that many people dont give a ######### anymore and do the best they can to make the game of others as bad as possible. Think about it. Smart... ######### seriously.

Problem of this community detected...

@GreyWolfofNorth Infinite Tier 3 Myers is not toxic. Playing toxic is toxic. You did nothing wrong.

• Alex_Splicer
    Alex_Splicer Member Posts: 122
    Options

I dunno if you were doing this but - I always have them against the exit while the wiggle.

Like where the Entity pops up for killer. They're forced out. They can't turn around or anything.

I tried being a good sport as killer the 2400 so hours Xbox keeps claiming I've played - and most of them were spent with toxic people that just wanted to escape and NEVER interact with the killer.

I understand immersion but this isn't Sword Art Online. You're not really going to die.

• doodledot
    doodledot Member Posts: 70
    Options

Are you serious rn? Even if you do let her wiggle off doesnt mean your entitled to her trust for not to save her friend.

• DustoTheOne
    DustoTheOne Member Posts: 43
    Options

Yeah you are definitely in the wrong bro bro. What I hate is how people complain about perks that people use to WIN. . Ummmmm ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME . . If you're not trying to win then don't be mad when you don't. . Duh!! There's nothing toxic about escaping a killer, what's toxic is calling someone toxic for playing the game! I get it I let the last one go sometimes too but what did you expect?? If she would have just left the other one on the hook THAT would have been toxic!!! That's the WORST kind of teammate. YOU are what's wrong with the DBD community!!!

• DustoTheOne
    DustoTheOne Member Posts: 43
    Options

Nothing that is IN THE GAME is toxic!! People are toxic, people that msg you and say using certain perks is toxic, those people are toxic. If a perk is IN THE GAME it's fair to play. That's why DBD has the saltiest community in all of gaming, bcuz people have no idea how to play the damn game. If u run noed there's nothing wrong with that it's in the game for a reason!!!! If u run decisive and borrowed time or unbreakable it's not toxic it's part of the fkn game!!!!! Toxic is being a douche and face camping the hook or waiting for the unhook and farming someone. That's toxic!! Toxic is losing a game and sending someone a msg talking sh** THAT'S toxic!!!

• Letche
    Letche Member Posts: 96
    Options

She got out and saved her teammate to boot, didn't she? She used her perks to the best of her ability, saved her mate and got out. I'd say she played smart if she was able to get away with it.

This is the same thing as letting the killer catch you and being upset that they didn't give you hatch for not wiggling. Would it be nice? Of course, but they're not obligated to play the way you want them to even if you're being 'nice'. You don't send the killer a salty message for allowing them to kill you just because you think you were 'being nice'.

@DCash They're not 'screwing you' by healing in the gate, they could be forced out. That's extra BPs for them so if they can heal, they will. If you're letting them escape you're only screwing yourself and then have the audacity to complain about it like OP.

@Carpemortum People act like when Myers runs that he doesn't always run the green addon that increases evil gained which makes it go by that much quicker. Kinda like a huntress that runs iri heads is almost guaranteed to have infantry belt.

Is there some secret move you can pull to suddenly make it so that he can't stalk you with little to no LOS blockers? And when you can stalk *through* half the things you shouldn't like the smallest gaps through killer shack or straight through a solid object (which before you say doesn't happen, there's plenty of video proof), what then, just don't be seen, ever?

Saying 'don't run in a straight line/don't let him stalk you' is equivalent to saying 'if you don't want to get DS'd, don't tunnel' when we all know that guy that likes to force the killer to eat DS or waste his time trying.

Let's not forget how buggy this game is, had a Myers who messaged me after the match to talk about how funny it was that he hit tier 3 because he was stalking me through a locker I was in when he came around. He was nice enough to realize that was stupid, shouldn't have happened and tiered up but left me alone and went after someone else.

That ultra rare is annoying, his other is just straight bs. Luckily I hardly see him for it to be of any consequence since people prefer to play Ghostface with noed nowadays.

• xEa
    xEa Member Posts: 4,105
    edited July 2020
    Options

She got out because the killer let her escape (wiggle off) "I let you go Laurie...". His good will then got abused by the survivor if i have not totally misunderstood the OP.

Where i come from this is not called smart, this is called bad sports.

• HectorBrando
    HectorBrando Member Posts: 3,167
    Options

While Plague can get a similar effect as infinite EW3 Myers, Survivors can use the fountains to heal and she lacks increased vault speed and increased lunge, those 2 things alone make Myers way more dangerous than Plague while broken, especially the lunge.

• Hero_awesome
    Hero_awesome Member Posts: 301
    Options

You may never read or see this. I also let survivors go from time to time depends on the match. But You NEVER let then wiggle off while anyone is still struggling never. I slug and wait for them to die so I can give hatch. Never do this again

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871
    Options

I don't see the issue with what anyone did. You are allowed to use Fragrant Tuft; they're allowed to use the second chance you VOLUNTARILY gave them in whatever way they see fit.