Spirit useless Perks

useless perks, Spirit Fury she still gets stun, same thing as if she got hit by the pallet useless, hunted ground useless if the survivors know that that killer is the Spirit they just wont cleanse the lit totems unless they are just greedy players. Blind as a bat with no radar when using her abilities what would they come up next? I work hard for my money and the Devs. do too. I am in supporting the game but sell me something I'm going to use. Don't get me wrong I love Spirit moei/animations/looks great, but come on blinded abilities far less fun for me. Not to mention a very, very dark map screen at 100% still can't see much.

Comments

• SovererignKing
    SovererignKing Member Posts: 1,273
    So bring Ruin with you when you use Haunted Grounds and extend the game if they don’t want to cleanse totems. Or Devour Hope. Spirit Fury is great at tier 3, pair it with Enduring and you basically get a free hit if they stun you. 

Playing as her? It’s just predicting your opponents next move. Who cares if you’re blind? If you played Nurse this is second nature to you. Besides, missing with her power is far less detrimental than missing Blinks with Nurse. You can afford to screw up Haunting often, you can’t afford missing Blinks. She’s less powerful than Nurse, but more forgiving. It just takes practice and intuition.
  • xxDeAd_SiLeNcE
    xxDeAd_SiLeNcE Member Posts: 23
    I disagree. Spirit fury works amazingly with enduring. Haunted Ground is a godsend for hex builds. Rancor works well with exposed or obsession builds. 
  • DexyIV
    DexyIV Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 515
    edited September 2018

As everyone has said, Spirit Fury is godlike with Enduring. Eat a pallet after breaking 2 and you essentially saved yourself 5 seconds in a chase where normally you'd have to stop, break the pallet, and chase after them again. Spirit Fury isn't bad at all.
    Haunted Ground is super good literally because of what you said. It makes survivors hesitate to cleanse totems. If I find a hex totem now, I have to wait until someone gets hit first before I start cleansing it because if I do it too early, it will screw someone over. It will potentially add minutes to your Ruin uptime, some games more than others. There's a chance that they will cleanse the right one, or they'll make the wrong choice and you get a free insta-down super early into the game. I don't see how that's bad at all.
    Rancor is essentially a mini NOED mixed with a mini Bitter Murmur and a green Mori. If I have to explain why that's good then I have no idea what to tell you lol

• akbays35
    akbays35 Member Posts: 1,123

@MikeLatin7 said:
    useless perks, Spirit Fury she still gets stun, same thing as if she got hit by the pallet useless, hunted ground useless if the survivors know that that killer is the Spirit they just wont cleanse the lit totems unless they are just greedy players. Blind as a bat with no radar when using her abilities what would they come up next? I work hard for my money and the Devs. do too. I am in supporting the game but sell me something I'm going to use. Don't get me wrong I love Spirit moei/animations/looks great, but come on blinded abilities far less fun for me. Not to mention a very, very dark map screen at 100% still can't see much.

Haunted Ground is op I'm just glad other killers haven't learned the perk yet, it will be ridiculous on characters like Huntress and Nurse. Spirit Fury at least has a use, I think it's best designed for killers that get stunned frequently (wraith, trapper, clown, hag, pig, freddy). Rancor is outright op I've seen spirit kill the obsession every game they have it especially with save the best for last, you get a benefit for both perks (focus non obsession then mori the obsession)

• holywhitetrash
    holywhitetrash Member Posts: 289

@akbays35 said:

Haunted Ground is op I'm just glad other killers haven't learned the perk yet, it will be ridiculous on characters like Huntress and Nurse.

how would huntress benefit from haunted ground? exposed does not work on thrown hatchets

• Dabrownman1812
    Dabrownman1812 Member Posts: 1,857

The perks are about combos, not a strong standalone perk. Good for creativity and spirit fury also prevent you from dropping a survivor when someone drops a pallet on you. 
  • Dabrownman1812
    akbays35 said:

@MikeLatin7 said:

Haunted Ground is op I'm just glad other killers haven't learned the perk yet, it will be ridiculous on characters like Huntress and Nurse. Spirit Fury at least has a use, I think it's best designed for killers that get stunned frequently (wraith, trapper, clown, hag, pig, freddy). Rancor is outright op I've seen spirit kill the obsession every game they have it especially with save the best for last, you get a benefit for both perks (focus non obsession then mori the obsession)

How does that make rancor op lol 
  • akbays35

@Dabrownman1812 said:
    akbays35 said:

@MikeLatin7 said:

having a guaranteed kill is always strong.

• Dabrownman1812
    akbays35 said:

@Dabrownman1812 said:
    akbays35 said:

@MikeLatin7 said:

Nothing is gauranteed for killer perks. So that's exaggeration guy lol. No killers have gauranteed anything especially since rancor shows obsession the killer to stealth. Don't be that guy and go straight to an exit gate, or go straight to one gate and turn for the next after 5 seconds like you would bbq. Guaranteed is a word most of my survivors use as exaggeration, many times I know of survivors who dodged rancor. Why? Cause it has much counterplay. 
  • Jack11803
    Jack11803 Member Posts: 3,930

Weren’t you the guy who refused to believe clown moved at 115% speed? And kept harassing me?

• Dabrownman1812
    Jack11803 said:

Weren’t you the guy who refused to believe clown moved at 115% speed? And kept harassing me?

Eyyy talkin bout me?
  • Jack11803

@Dabrownman1812 said:
    Jack11803 said:

Eyyy talkin bout me?

Talking about original poster. You haven’t harasssed me. I don’t know if you’ve called me a piece of ######### before, but I mean actual harassment, not paper words and banter

• Dabrownman1812
    Jack11803 said:

@Dabrownman1812 said:
    Jack11803 said:

Eyyy talkin bout me?

Talking about original poster. You haven’t harasssed me. I don’t know if you’ve called me a piece of ######### before, but I mean actual harassment, not paper words and banter

Oh nah I didn't lol
  • Jack11803
    edited September 2018

@Dabrownman1812 said:
    Jack11803 said:

@Dabrownman1812 said:

Jack11803 said:

Eyyy talkin bout me?

Oh nah I didn't lol

Well I’m saying it wouldn't matter if you did. Piece of ######### is just words. Guess what? You’re a piece of #########! See... just words. He actually came all in my zone threatening and being racist and all that shizz

• Dabrownman1812
    Jack11803 said:

@Dabrownman1812 said:
    Jack11803 said:

@Dabrownman1812 said:

Jack11803 said:

Eyyy talkin bout me?

Oh nah I didn't lol

Well I’m saying it wouldn't matter if you did. Piece of ######### is just words. Guess what? You’re a piece of #########! See... just words. He actually came all in my zone threatening and being racist and all that shizz

Damn
  • Jack11803

@Dabrownman1812 said:
    Jack11803 said:

@Dabrownman1812 said:

Jack11803 said:

@Dabrownman1812 said:

Jack11803 said:

Eyyy talkin bout me?

Oh nah I didn't lol

Damn

• Maximus7
    Maximus7 Member Posts: 441
    edited September 2018

So Rancor is actually amazing on Spirit and Freddy. Spirit because it works in her phasewalk, Freddy because it won't reveal him to the obsession if they're still awake. Plus mori'ing the obsession after maxing Remember Me stacks is a great way to secure end-game, especially if one other person is already dead. Otherwise, I'd rather use Bitter Murmur and/or NOED.

Spirit Fury is amazing with Enduring but average otherwise.

Haunted Ground requires you to run either a Keemstar build (all exposed perks) or a Shaman build (all hexes). Otherwise I agree, it's pretty bad. Unless the survivors are stupid and cleanse a lit totem that isn't doing anything.

• TigerKirby215
    TigerKirby215 Member Posts: 604

(Several people are typing.)
    I can vouch for all three of Spirit's perks being amazing. I got all three of them at a good level on my Wraith and they're really useful. Spirit Fury (when tied with Enduring, or even without if you don't mind a bit of a stun) will almost always guarentee a free hit. Haunted Grounds is great for passively protecting less obvious totems like Devour Hope, and can also give you a huge strength increase if the Survivors get unlucky and greedy. And Rancor... it's Bitter Murmur with a free pocket mori if you run Save The Best for Last or Remember Me.

Try using the perks before declaring them useless.

• tehshadowman33
    tehshadowman33 Member Posts: 939

@SovererignKing said:
    So bring Ruin with you when you use Haunted Grounds and extend the game if they don’t want to cleanse totems. Or Devour Hope. Spirit Fury is great at tier 3, pair it with Enduring and you basically get a free hit if they stun you. 

Playing as her? It’s just predicting your opponents next move. Who cares if you’re blind? If you played Nurse this is second nature to you. Besides, missing with her power is far less detrimental than missing Blinks with Nurse. You can afford to screw up Haunting often, you can’t afford missing Blinks. She’s less powerful than Nurse, but more forgiving. It just takes practice and intuition.

The cooldown on Spirit makes missing way more punishing than playing Nurse.

• MegaWaffle
    MegaWaffle Member Posts: 4,172

@MikeLatin7 said:

All of the Spirits perks are bad on their own but combo great with others.
    Spirit fury - Enduring
    Haunted Ground - Any other Hex perk
    Rancor - Honestly good on its own

The perks for Spirit are great it sounds like you just don't understand how to use them properly.

• SovererignKing
    SovererignKing Member Posts: 1,273

@SovererignKing said:

The cooldown on Spirit makes missing way more punishing than playing Nurse.

You can still catch up and hit Survivors with 110% movement speed. You can still make something of it even if you miss. Nurse, yeah, that doesn’t work. The cooldown should be a bit shorter, but it’s still not as detrimental as missing your Blinks.
  • Rancor literally just works well lmao, it's the Killer's first Key-like item, A.I the equivalent of a Survivor's free hatch escape. It's literally a free kill which is pretty nice actually.

• xxaggieboyxx
    xxaggieboyxx Member Posts: 498
    I disagree. Spirit fury works amazingly with enduring. Haunted Ground is a godsend for hex builds. Rancor works well with exposed or obsession builds. 
    Rancor and save the best for last. Best combo ever. Completely ignore the obsession all game then kill them for 6 stacks of save the best for last, until the end of the game 
  • Khroalthemadbomber
    Khroalthemadbomber Member Posts: 1,073
    The new Totem Roulette Meme build is actually very strong because of Haunted Ground. You play Thrill of the Hunt and Haunted Ground alongside two other beneficial hexes. The survivors then have to play the odds. 60% chance of getting a totem that does nothing truly beneficial to aid them and a 40% chance of breaking your beneficial totems. Five totems in play at once, every single one of them capable of alerting you to when they're being touched by survivors. And they WILL be touched by survivors because Survivors are to lit totems like Moths to a flame. Thus you also have map awareness that can't be blocked except by leaving the totem alone. Otherwise, if you have a killer with high mobility, it's a simple matter of reaching the survivor and knocking them off it.
  • DeadByFlashlight
    DeadByFlashlight Member Posts: 1,642

@SovererignKing said:

Doesnt help because ruin is found almost always first (I dont know why, dont ask me, maybe they are hacking).
    Nurse is not blind, in fact she can see during the blink which is really strong too. If she was blind during blink, she wouldnt be nearly as strong as she is atm.

And actually you cant afford messing up phase walk because of the cooldown. Nurse has no cooldown, thats why it doesnt matter if you mess up a blink.

She is less powerful than nurse and less forgiving than nurse, thats my opinion :wink:

• akbays35

@Dabrownman1812 said:
    akbays35 said:

@Dabrownman1812 said:

akbays35 said:

@MikeLatin7 said:

useless perks, Spirit Fury she still gets stun, same thing as if she got hit by the pallet useless,  hunted ground useless if the survivors know that that killer is the Spirit they just wont cleanse the lit totems unless they are just greedy players. Blind as a bat with no radar when using her abilities what would they come up next? I work hard for my money and the Devs. do too. I am in supporting the game but sell me something I'm going to use. Don't get me wrong I love Spirit moei/animations/looks great, but come on blinded abilities far less fun for me. Not to mention a very, very dark map screen at 100% still can't see much.

Nothing is gauranteed for killer perks. So that's exaggeration guy lol. No killers have gauranteed anything especially since rancor shows obsession the killer to stealth. Don't be that guy and go straight to an exit gate, or go straight to one gate and turn for the next after 5 seconds like you would bbq. Guaranteed is a word most of my survivors use as exaggeration, many times I know of survivors who dodged rancor. Why? Cause it has much counterplay. 

The perk is bitter murmur with some sole survivor to balance it out, but it has a mori to go with it. If you don't utilize that you can see them when they finish the last gen and the obsession is exposed then you aren't playing well at all or you're against an swf that is overly protecting the obsession. You can couple this with tinkerer and stealth onto their location, kill one survivor, if you have dying light they will take 20 seconds longer to power the exit gates. Rancor gives you so much power if you couple it with other obsession perks since you don't have to take another aura perk for it. I say guaranteed cause I have seen every obsessed survivor get killed by rancor especially if the killer is having a bad game and needs that one kill.

• Yzalirk
    Yzalirk Member Posts: 59
    Spirit Fury + Enduring is a really nice combination.  It works even better because if someone tries dropping a pallet on you while you are carrying a Survivor, they do not get freed.  Sometimes getting Spirit Fury to proc is frustrating because they messed with the hitboxes.

Haunted Grounds seems like a great perk to help out another Hex Perk like Ruin or Devour Hope.  Unless you run no Hex Perks beside Hainted Grounds to screw with the Survivors which could be funny.

Rancor seems alright.  I do not know why people are saying it is overpowered as the counter is pretty self explanatory - hide and escape as quickly as you can.  I have been killed by it in the must unlucky circumstance - the Spirit found me a few seconds before the exit gates were powered.
  • Dabrownman1812
    akbays35 said:

@Dabrownman1812 said:
    akbays35 said:

@Dabrownman1812 said:

akbays35 said:

@MikeLatin7 said:

useless perks, Spirit Fury she still gets stun, same thing as if she got hit by the pallet useless,  hunted ground useless if the survivors know that that killer is the Spirit they just wont cleanse the lit totems unless they are just greedy players. Blind as a bat with no radar when using her abilities what would they come up next? I work hard for my money and the Devs. do too. I am in supporting the game but sell me something I'm going to use. Don't get me wrong I love Spirit moei/animations/looks great, but come on blinded abilities far less fun for me. Not to mention a very, very dark map screen at 100% still can't see much.

The perk is bitter murmur with some sole survivor to balance it out, but it has a mori to go with it. If you don't utilize that you can see them when they finish the last gen and the obsession is exposed then you aren't playing well at all or you're against an swf that is overly protecting the obsession. You can couple this with tinkerer and stealth onto their location, kill one survivor, if you have dying light they will take 20 seconds longer to power the exit gates. Rancor gives you so much power if you couple it with other obsession perks since you don't have to take another aura perk for it. I say guaranteed cause I have seen every obsessed survivor get killed by rancor especially if the killer is having a bad game and needs that one kill.

For you, I know many who haven't had rancor go off on them including me, also it doesn't combo well with dying light. If dying light worked for exit gates freddies would just run dying light. Dying light has the exemptions of gates, totems, chests.
  • Dabrownman1812
    akbays35 said:

@Dabrownman1812 said:
    akbays35 said:

@Dabrownman1812 said:

akbays35 said:

@MikeLatin7 said:

Also, due to the evasion buff it grants it isnt the best with remember me unless it's freddy or tier 1 meyers. Being found late game with remember me is canceled our by being exposed so you get 1 stack as opposed to 2, and the mori is cinematic and keeps the killer in one spot long enough to make that stack irrelevant. 
  • MikeLatin7
    MikeLatin7 Member Posts: 209

@Dabrownman1812 said:
    akbays35 said:

@Dabrownman1812 said:

akbays35 said:

@Dabrownman1812 said:

akbays35 said:

@MikeLatin7 said: useless perks, Spirit Fury she still gets stun, same thing as if she got hit by the pallet useless, hunted ground useless if the survivors know that that killer is the Spirit they just wont cleanse the lit totems unless they are just greedy players. Blind as a bat with no radar when using her abilities what would they come up next? I work hard for my money and the Devs. do too. I am in supporting the game but sell me something I'm going to use. Don't get me wrong I love Spirit moei/animations/looks great, but come on blinded abilities far less fun for me. Not to mention a very, very dark map screen at 100% still can't see much. Haunted Ground is op I'm just glad other killers haven't learned the perk yet, it will be ridiculous on characters like Huntress and Nurse. Spirit Fury at least has a use, I think it's best designed for killers that get stunned frequently (wraith, trapper, clown, hag, pig, freddy). Rancor is outright op I've seen spirit kill the obsession every game they have it especially with save the best for last, you get a benefit for both perks (focus non obsession then mori the obsession)

Also, due to the evasion buff it grants it isnt the best with remember me unless it's freddy or tier 1 meyers. Being found late game with remember me is canceled our by being exposed so you get 1 stack as opposed to 2, and the mori is cinematic and keeps the killer in one spot long enough to make that stack irrelevant. 

and she is still blind killer, handicap killer and that what we bought and you can use this perk or that perk still a handicap killer, hello

• The_Manlet
    The_Manlet Member Posts: 474

Spirit Fury on its own would always be useless, but paired with Enduring it would have been meta if not for the changes to how pallet stuns work.
    Haunted Ground isn't very useful. You may as well throw it on if you're using Devour Hope, but that's all it is good for.
    Rancor is a crappy Bitter Murmur fused with a crappy NOED. It's not a strong perk but people who really hate Decisive Strike users and want to make sure they suffer will no doubt continue to use it.