Giving hatch

Options

How do you guys go about giving hatch? I have one rule to follow and that's the last person, if they don't struggle and they know they goin die, gets hatch. I dunno, it just seems nice on both ends. I feel like my one bit of niceness goes a long way to survivors.

Comments

• Gmoose17
    Gmoose17 Member Posts: 49
    Options

That’s the same thing I do. I’ve been playing killer more recently and I find it satisfying to give hatch to the last survivor. If they wiggle then I’ll shake them and maybe swing to get them to stop. If they keep wiggling then I’ll hook them. If not then they get the hatch. Unless they tea bag’d earlier in the game or just played a little toxic then they get hooked anyways lol

• xEa
    xEa Member Posts: 4,105
    Options

If it was a fair and friendly match i always give hatch to the last person. I also never slug for the 4K, if the last survivor gets it, he/she gets it.

• Captain_Spaulding
    Captain_Spaulding Member Posts: 587
    Options

Yeah I absolutely hate slugging for the 4k. It's so damn boring. I may slug one or two people at the start cause it's helpful but never for the 4k.

• IMhereRUN
    IMhereRUN Member Posts: 606
    Options

If it gets down to a 2v1, I’ll give hatch to the player still trying to push gens doing their job, not a potato hiding around the map.

• thrawn3054
    thrawn3054 Member Posts: 5,897
    Options

If they weren't disrespectful earlier tbagging, flashlight clicking, things of that nature I'll typically give them the escape. Or if they had an early DC/hook suicide. If they wiggle then I hook them.

Funny story about survivors not wiggling. One time I had bodied a team pretty hard. So I decided I'm going to give Feng hatch. I walk all over the map looking for it. She finally starts to wiggle. So I say screw it, I'm tired of looking and hook her. Only to realize the Meg is still alive. My dumbass thought Feng was the last one alive. So I wasted 3 minutes walking around with this Feng on my shoulder. Looking for a hatch that hadn't spawned.

• Captain_Spaulding
    Options

Absolutely this too. Just had a match where 3 people who I assume were swf all DC cause I downed them rather quickly with Clown. Proceed to hear the dc noise in quick succession. Only the poor Meg left, so we had a little fun with points then let her get the door open and leave. Being nice to these people gives me the best feeling honestly. They stayed and tried their hardest to deal with it, they deserve to get out.

• PrettyFaceKate
    PrettyFaceKate Member Posts: 1,776
    edited July 2020
    Options

If I don't have to kill them all for some specific reasons, I give the hatch to players who performed exceptionally well, or who took one for the team, or who were sandbagged/griefed by their teammates.

If they struggle or not carries absolutely no weight in my decision. The wiggle=kill is some fictitious rule of some fictitious killer rulebook made up by someone with power-tripping fantasies of domination.

• DrDeepwound
    DrDeepwound Member Posts: 2,557
    edited July 2020
    Options

Depends on killer. For example, last night as Pig - Kate was the last one,... found her near courtyard entrance on Midwich. We looked at each other, I crouched.

In my head "if she boops she lives, if she runs she dies"

She crouched, we inched towards each other as I growled,... she booped.

I let her find hatch.

• NekoGamerX
    NekoGamerX Member Posts: 5,206
    Options

i still give hatch but not as much i use to how survivor act.

• Pawcelot
    Pawcelot Member Posts: 985
    Options

I generally never "give" hatch but I hate slugging for the 4k, so I am at least giving the last survivor a chance to find that hatch before I do.

• Captain_Spaulding
    Options

It's really nice to see people act nice in this game to be honest. If no one else says it, thanks guys. You're making the game a better place to play one game at a time.

• DrDeepwound
    DrDeepwound Member Posts: 2,557
    Options

The first week I played the game, a Myers gave me hatch, and it changed my view of the game. SO I always try to give a little love back.

I know everyone wants to win, but I honestly feel better from being nice than a win. You get genuine "thanks bro" comments vs "in ya face baby killer"

lol

• stikyard
    stikyard Member Posts: 526
    Options

My only problem is it's usually the potato Blendette that hides all game and ends up being the last survivor that gets the hatch.

• Captain_Spaulding
    Options

Nah, I specifically remember each survivor and what they contributed and when it comes to these types of people, I go out of my way to hunt down. You're not gonna play? Then don't lol

• Lx_malice
    Lx_malice Member Posts: 1,417
    Options

I love giving hatch. I get a lot of thank yous for doing it. Usually spinning around and smacking stuff is enough to let the survivor know I'm trying to give them hatch and they quit wiggling. If I've already closed hatch then sometimes I let them go through the gate. If I'm in a really good mood then sometimes I let the last 2 survivors go even after destroying their team. I've met a lot of cool people doing stuff like this.

I met this one Feng in particular who was a really good looper but her team kinda sucked. I had to keep abandoning chase with her and destroyed her team until there were 2 left. Eventually I caught her and slugged her to find the other person whom I killed. I then gave her hatch. She was really surprised and asked me why I'd let her go. I told her that she was really good and that she deserved to escape. We ended up adding eachother and we swfed and 1v1d in kyf that night. Still one of the best survivors I've played against in a while. Props to her.

• stikyard
    stikyard Member Posts: 526
    Options

I commend you then. I hate spectating that last survivor that did nothing and watch the killer give them hatch.

• sulaiman
    sulaiman Member Posts: 3,214
    Options

I dont really give hatch, but i always hook the 3rd person, and give the last survivor a fair race to the hatch. If they come there first, or get the exit gate after they close it, thats fair to me.

• CashelP14
    CashelP14 Member Posts: 5,564
    Options

I love points so I never normally do. Especially now I've had a few survivors dc tech to give hatch I'm a little more stubborn about it.

• SweetTerror
    SweetTerror Member Posts: 2,694
    Options

I tend to give the last survivor the hatch or the gate if they had a crappy teammate/s that disconnected. With there being no bots to step in for people that disconnect, it puts the remaining survivors at a massive disadvantage, and when that happens there's no sense in playing the game seriously.

• Almo
    Almo Member, Dev Posts: 1,120
    Options

I'll give someone the hatch if their teammates all DCed, or were doing stuff like pointing them out to me. I keep count how many times I've given the hatch, and it's pretty small. :)

• DaddyPyramidHead
    DaddyPyramidHead Member Posts: 33
    Options

Most times ill give the hatch to last person unless im doing archives or they were toxic af.

• Blue_Archer33
    Blue_Archer33 Member Posts: 318
    edited July 2020
    Options

Call me what you will - but as a Killer main, I shoot for the 4k every match with no mercy. If you die, you should've outplayed me. HOWEVER. If there is 1 DC, I'll consider mercy. 2 DC's and I'll probably give it. Other than that? Don't be mad if you're the last survivor and not handed the hatch - I play for kills. I love to spread positivity (especially in this toxic fanbase) but I'm playing my role of the game, THEN gonna send you some positive messages.

• Freesham
    Freesham Member Posts: 262
    Options

I dislike giving hatch because it teaches survivors to expect it to happen.

That being said, if there were early DCs and the survivor actually tried, I end up giving it to them.

• Clevite
    Clevite Member Posts: 4,335
    Options

I wont slug for the 4k, but if I get the last survivor I will give the hatch if I hear it.

Stole that from Fungoose. But I liked the idea so i use it. If I hear it I will give it, but I'm not searching all over the map to give the hatch

• SCP_FOR_DBD
    SCP_FOR_DBD Member Posts: 2,416
    Options

I give hatch if the survivor wasn't a dick.

• andyollolloll
    andyollolloll Member Posts: 940
    Options

I very infrequently play killer now but I used to give the hatch but not any more.

You have more stress as killer and if you really have had to put a sweat on then I'd refuse to give hatch on the back of them not wriggling.

If however they carried their team or had been sandbagged / trolled by their team then I might decide differently.

One killer heard me breathing in a locker and just stood outside it shaking their head, I got out slowly walked two lockers down and quietly got into the next one. The killer wanted to give me that hatch because they laughed so much XD

Earning the hatch should be earn't but I wouldn't expect the killer to do so especially if they earn't their win.

• BigTimeGamer
    BigTimeGamer Member Posts: 1,752
    Options

I give hatch since it’s a game and I don’t care to be a cuck

• xGodSendDeath
    xGodSendDeath Member Posts: 320
    edited July 2020
    Options

I used to give the hatch if I played against a team of players that seemed to be far below my skill level, but I no longer give hatch ever. It's almost every time that a survivor escapes via the exit gate or they find the hatch that they teabag, flashlight click or noise spam to get me to come see them leave. I won't slug for the 4k unless I know where the last guy is while his teammate is on the ground, but I won't even close the hatch with someone on the ground. I'll let them bleed out or only close it when I see them. I won't even risk the adrenaline escape in that situation

• Sylorknag
    Sylorknag Member Posts: 760
    Options

Were you ever given a kill in match you lost? That's my only rule.

• Valor188917
    Valor188917 Member Posts: 649
    Options

I don't give hatch, I close it and let the last survivor escape. It's better for statistics so killers have a higher chance to get buffs.

• csandman1977
    csandman1977 Member Posts: 2,358
    Options

Blendettes never get hatch intentionally!

I usually hook last person if they struggle. Although one time i had a meg i think. We walked around all of pale rose with her on my shoulder looking for hatch. After about 3 or 4 minutes i just hooked her and apologized for wasting her time. But i swear hatch didnt spawn!

• MeatBycicle
    MeatBycicle Member Posts: 756
    Options

Claudette's never get the hatch, usually my only rule.

• 0mikeya0
    0mikeya0 Member Posts: 220
    Options

Giving hatch is not as common as it use to be. No one has given me the hatch in a while (I'm not toxic). You just don't see it as often as you use to. When I do see it, it happens for the people who didn't do much.... I don't care if they give hatch or not, but I'd rather the killer give it to someone who played well rather than one who hid 90% of the time. It is what it is.🤷🏼‍♂️

• SMitchell8
    SMitchell8 Member Posts: 3,301
    Options

1. If a player D/C early then I let the survivors play last man standing, whoever I find last gets the exit.

2. If survivors refuse to play and spam hiding in lockers, i ll again, let the last live

Other than that, they aren't getting sheet

• VonCrow
    VonCrow Member Posts: 389
    Options

I only give hatch if the last one had good sporstmanship, like no tbagging, no flashlight spam click, no repairing on my face, etc...

Sadly is not something that is happening lately, I'm finding more toxicity than ever so...now I'm slugging the 3rd and going for 4k.

• MeatBycicle
    MeatBycicle Member Posts: 756
    Options

Ive never understood repairing in your face thing. Like do you expect survivors to not finish the gen thats almost done just so you can walk up and Pop Goes the Weasel it?

• thrawn3054
    Options

If They struggle it makes it harder for me to take them to the hatch. Also them getting off my shoulder hurts my emblem score. I'm already giving up a decent chunk of points and a bit to my emblems to give them hatch as it is. At that point I consider it rude.

• oxygen
    oxygen Member Posts: 3,289
    Options

I don't really have any "rules" I follow when it comes to it. Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't.

The closest thing to a rule is that I'm very likely to give the hatch if it appears/opens while I'm carrying the last survivor towards a hook and I hear it. I don't really know why, it's just lucky and sorta feels like the gaming is wink-winking at me checking if I want to do it 😄

I never expect to be given the hatch as a survivor but if it happens that's just a little surprise I guess.

• PrettyFaceKate
    edited July 2020
    Options

They can find the hatch by their own, or while you chase them again, which means more bp if you haven't maxed out. The emblems mean nothing unless you're doing the archives or adept, that's the reason why we're getting mmr soon. It's not rude, they're just playing the game. If a player doesn't know this made-up rule of "don't wiggle if you want hatch" exists, then they'll just do as they think they're supposed to. Not everyone plays for hundreds of hours or gets on the forum to become aware of these awkward conventions that they don't have to wiggle because it hurts the killer's ego.

• thrawn3054
    Options

Had A similar situation with a Hag on Hawkins a while back. I swear it took us 10 minutes to find the damn thing. And that was after she dropped me so we could search separately. Honestly I couldn't have cared less if I loved. I just wanted to know where the damn thing was at that point.

• MadArtillery
    MadArtillery Member Posts: 826
    Options

Someone usually has to have been particularly good to feel they've earned it.if they wiggle off they still die though.

• thrawn3054
    Options

I understand not everyone will know not to wiggle. I typically drop them one after they wiggle and shake my head no at them. Short of messaging them mid game there's not much more I can do to make them understand. If they persist in wiggling I assume they either don't want hatch, or don't understand. Either way, they've made their choice.

• TheVVitch
    TheVVitch Member Posts: 224
    Options

I usually give hatch if I feel both sides played a solid match and the last survivor was a noticeable contributor to the match quality.

• Captain_Spaulding
    Options

You're really stuck on this whole made up killer rule thing. Can you like...not be a wet blanket? Is it possible?

• PrettyFaceKate
    Options

Sounds more like you're a little too touchy. I replied to the thread, then I replied directly to someone who quoted me specifically. I didn't mean to hurt your feelings.

• Nobsyde
    Nobsyde Member Posts: 1,288
    Options

if the last survivor is just playing hide and seek while another is at least trying to do the objective I always give the hatch to the latter, even if they struggle.

otherwise... it depends on how I feel at the moment - but as a general rule I usually don't give the hatch to swf players