Red Mori - Needs to be removed

Options
Bugcats
Bugcats Member Posts: 45

Someone please tell me how the ebony mori is in any way balanced.

Awful item and unfortunately is another major problem with a potentially amazing game.

Comments

• Ihatelife
    Ihatelife Member Posts: 5,069
    Options

It's gonna get changed, don't worry. It's just a matter of time.

• Funguu
    Funguu Member Posts: 88
    Options

If they nerf the mori the key will get nerfed as well, perfectly balanced as all things should be.

• Martin99CZ
    Martin99CZ Member Posts: 77
    Options

SWF need be removed. Same by your logic. Same annoying thing in game to deal with.

• Bugcats
    Bugcats Member Posts: 45
    Options

I agree that the key needs be removed aswell; silly feature that can ruin a good killers game and give an undeserved win for a survivor/survivors.

• Pr0p3r9
    Pr0p3r9 Member Posts: 111
    Options

In terms of how to nerf the mori, I think the standard option of "Just make the moris only available on Deathook," is a little boring, but coming up with an alternative that's also strong is difficult. Personally, I think that Ebony moris should be able to mori only on Deathook similar to the common vein, but I think an exception should be made that the obsession can be mori'd off of first hook.

Too often in this game, being the obsession seems like a no-risk benefit with ds being put in play. By making it so that only the obsession can be mori'd off of first hook, it introduces an element of danger to obsession perks that I think would improve the tension of the game, and would provide a danger to what is currently almost entirely positive for the survivors.

• The_Krapper
    The_Krapper Member Posts: 3,192
    Options

Yea but the only way a key is used is with either all gens done if everyone is alive , you have to have survivors dying to use the key in a way that robs the killer , they aren't the fairest by any means but the ebony mori is way more broken than a key and the only counter is DS in a locker at the moment

• Pr0p3r9
    Options

This isn't about keys, though. Keys are also an issue, and we also dislike them, but they aren't moris. We should be able to talk about how bad moris are without talking about how bad keys are. We also don't need to get into a competition about which is worse, they're both just bad.

• zoozoom6
    zoozoom6 Member Posts: 825
    Options

balance is the issue if you nerf moris you need to nerf keys

• andyollolloll
    andyollolloll Member Posts: 940
    Options

How can you post about Mori's but don't see the key which is even worse.

When has a killer found a Mori in chest?

Keys and Moris should be changed, it makes it no fun for with either side

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,714
    Options

I find the Yellow Mori is basically worthless and the Ebony Mori is a bit overpowered. The Green Mori is fine as is. If I was going to change the way these work, I like this idea:

• Yellow Mori: Allows you to kill any survivor that you've hooked twice (i.e. on death hook). This would be kind of like Pyramid Head's ability to kill Tormented people that he's hooked/caged twice, except with the longer full mori animation. It would be a small benefit, relatively in line with a Yellow offering, and better than the current version.
    • Green Mori: Allows you to kill any one survivor that you've hooked once. (Same as it is now.)
    • Ebony Mori: Gives you both the Yellow and Green effects above. So you can kill one survivor that you've hooked once plus can kill any survivor that you've hooked twice. This would be a bit better than the Green mori but not as powerful as the current Ebony Mori.
  • Pr0p3r9
    Options

@zoozoom6 @andyollolloll Then you should make a thread about keys. These are separate issues, even if they're roughly equivalent, and we don't need to treat them like a tied together thing. Moris are overpowered and unfun. Keys are overpowered and unfun. In this thread we're talking about moris. They are not the same topic.

Striving for balance doesn't mean nerfing and buffing both sides equally every patch, it means bringing the game closer to a 2k equilibrium in high skill play while maintaining a healthy and fun game. Otherwise killers would have had to lose something huge when they removed the infinite loops and most of the quasi-infinite loops.

@dugman I like your idea for yellow moris. My idea of making the mori after first kill (for Ivory and Ebony) be limited to the obsession because it disincentivizes obsession perks, and it also makes most killer-side obsession useless, so there's also a trade-off there on the killer's part.

• zoozoom6
    Options

this comment is a contradiction "striving for balance doesn't mean nerfing and buffing both sides equally every patch, it means bringing the game closer to a 2k equilibrium" yes it does. if you nerf one side and dont touch the other it shifts the equilibrium thats what this is about

• Pr0p3r9
    Options

Your statement assumes that everything is currently at a perfect equilibrium. It's not, it never has been, and never will be. Infinites were removed because they disturbed balance, and you didn't have to take anything away from killers to say that Infinites needed to be removed. That's because the game itself was starting from a place of imbalance.

The game is still in a place of imbalance vis a vis moris. I don't want to live in a world where we say that moris are balanced because keys exist, and that in order to get rid of one we'd have to get rid of the other. We can say that moris are a problem and we can (seperately) agree that keys are a problem, but we don't have to treat them like they're perfectly the same, and they don't have to be nerfed in the same patch. They should each be nerfed on their own, based on their own merits for being nerfed, and not because they're inextricably linked or something.

I'm done talking about keys. You can quote me or at me, but I'm done with talking about keys in a thread about moris.

• SCP_FOR_DBD
    SCP_FOR_DBD Member Posts: 2,416
    Options

Yeah, theres so much that needs to go. Red moris are the killers biggest offender.

• YumiiXO
    YumiiXO Member Posts: 97
    Options

Keys and moris are legit the same thing they give you free wins so what's the difference? Survivors get free escape and killers are able to kill survivors after they've been hooked at least once.

• zoozoom6
    Options

the diffrence is keys are just as unbalanced as moris and infinites dont have an equal but whatever be ignorant

• Zeon_99
    Zeon_99 Member Posts: 463
    Options

Definitely. I just hope they don't announce they're doing it weeks before it happens. Last thing we need is everyone trying to use up all their moris and making the game unplayable for 2 weeks.

• hillbillyclaudmain69
    hillbillyclaudmain69 Member Posts: 1,528
    Options

They are linked though. At least on the survivor side. Killer brings a mori. Kills the other 3 and closes hatch. Only a key can save you. Or swf with a key. Only a mori can save you. Just saying.

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814
    Options

Its balanced in the sense that an amazing Nurse with an ebony Mori can give a tournament SWF squad a run for their money. Which is to say, it is unbalanced AF if that's the level of strength you need to equalise the playing field.

• Sadsnacks
    Sadsnacks Member Posts: 677
    Options

Offerings that add map effects or hazards would be sick!

•  Antares2332
    Antares2332 Member Posts: 1,088
    Options

#DevsRemoveKeysAndMoris

• Sacre
    Sacre Member Posts: 38
    Options

Big agree, Moris are special execution moves that I think should be earned rather than given for hooking just one person

I main killer and even I hate the damn things

• IIITweedleIII
    IIITweedleIII Member Posts: 870
    Options

I for one love the Mori kills. Even if it's done TO Me. That's what a Killer does. They KILL. The fact that a survivor Got Killed is on them for getting caught and not escape.

That said, An Ebony Mori should be a Base Kit Kill like an objective. And no, not requiring hooked a 3rd or even 2nd time. It should require the killer to chase a good Long distance requirement before a Mori Kill is activated. Gain a Bloodlust tier 3, that's not been interrupted. And the Survivor was not recently hooked and chased down. The survivor that unhooked, become the obsession which is the target for these requirements instead of the recently UNhooked, after that survivor has been downed once, hooked or slugged.

This suggestion is coming from a Killer, who loves loves lives to Kill and screw the Entity. Survivors are mine dangit!

Other than that. I love using Mori Kills. And rather not have them changed to be honest.

• stargazer9
    stargazer9 Member Posts: 649
    Options

They should remove moris and keys. They’re not fun.

• BigTimeGamer
    BigTimeGamer Member Posts: 1,752
    Options
    • Delete Red Mori
    • Make Green Mori only Death Hook
    • Make Yellow basekit
    • Make keys have a 10 and 5 second activation timer for Purple/Red

Done

@Peanits thoughts? genuinely seems like simple changes while keeping spirit of items

• MigrantTheGreat
    MigrantTheGreat Member Posts: 1,378
    Options

I actually don't mind Eboni Mori's simply because they give me the stress that I'm suppose to feel as a survivor! Though I feel that mori's aren't for balance, because if they were than every offering needs to have some kind of impact on balance!

• LuffyBlack
    LuffyBlack Member Posts: 595
    Options

If you're going against a SWF that's making use of comms then they could even the odds quite well, especially when you need some incentive to make up for the lack of information that they are weaponizing.