The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

BBQ is OP

Comments

• SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467
    edited July 2020

What?! Oh you have to got to be kidding me. You're upset about leaving your gen for a few seconds? I guess a lot of perks must be OP to you then. It's ok if you have to wait a few extra seconds to finish a gen. You don't always have to try to hide your aura (especially if it means running super far away from a gen). Getting into chases can be good (if you're lucky, the Killer will even ignore your aura). You can even try to hide while the Killer is checking your gen.

New players (including you, based on your replies in this thread) will have to learn this through playing the game. This is not supposed to be an easy game to learn and master. If that’s what you’re expecting, then this isn’t the game for you.

• MercySparda
    MercySparda Member Posts: 17
    edited July 2020

Entitled survivor is entitled. BBQ is fine, newer players don't need to be catered to. If you think they do, you're likely the new player and you should probably just play something else.

• Funguu
    Funguu Member Posts: 88

Could say the same thing about survivor's tho? I assume every surv has dead hard, decisive and unbreakable.

We all use these types of perks because they can be used almost every game (they're not situational) + they're good. Other perks are cool and have fun uses but A LOT of them are situational and you run the risk of never using them thus feeling like you've wasted a perk slot. The real problem isn't the so called strong meta perks and that they need a nerf it's the 30+ so called weak perks that need a buff/serious rework. I know the devs have talked about looking at the weaker perks but at the time of this post that was like 6 streams ago. Dunno what happened to that idea but i'd really like to see something happen soon

• redhex45
    redhex45 Member Posts: 61

There’s lockers....

• Seiji212
    Seiji212 Member Posts: 183

No, O.P. Stop it. Get help. Leave my ONE consistent and already easily countered perk alone. Why don’t you people go undermine the survivor side a while? They killed ruin, how about we nerf DS and borrowed time, ya know, the two perks in every killer’s mind every game?

• Larz02Barz
    Larz02Barz Member Posts: 95

Eh dh I don't think is op just my opinion tho since its so easy to bait and it doesn't work on some killers bc of their lunge range

• ShErMaDeRmA
    ShErMaDeRmA Member Posts: 338

Just get out

• handfulofrain
    handfulofrain Member Posts: 317

Survivors: *complain about balanced perks like BBQ*

Survivors: lol get good decisive strike is fair AND balanced.

• handfulofrain

Also I'm curious as to how you feel about OoO, you know, the perk that is ACTUALLY uncounterable.

• YumiiXO
    YumiiXO Member Posts: 97

Immersion is what makes my killer games boring. I can't stand going against 4 immersive players who hide everytime they see me coming but won't have a chase or anything. I've had games where I haven't found at least 2 players the whole match. It especially ruins my games as survivor.

• YumiiXO
    YumiiXO Member Posts: 97

Dead hard is used for looping mostly especially when a player messed up and they need distance.

• JeffLebowski920
    JeffLebowski920 Member Posts: 13

Really I only use it for the extra BP and expect people play around the fringe benefits it supplies, as a survivor it's pretty "ez" to see when it's being used against your team and cover your ass accordingly.

• NekoGamerX
    NekoGamerX Member Posts: 5,277

bbq is Op!?!?😂 who think this.

• CashelP14
    CashelP14 Member Posts: 5,564

It's not OP. It has a similar effect to DS which is the way it should be.

Both DS and BBQ make the other players respect them, even if you don't have it. As a survivor it's extremely easy to counter and it shouldn't be touched.

• Withered
    Withered Member Posts: 71

While we are on the topic, Dark Sense is OP, it gives the survivor the location of the killer with no indication to the killer, and bitter murmur is also op, these perks are broken, let's just make everything the old deja Vu

/s

• forst
    forst Member Posts: 40

this guy is crazy bbq is op why hahaha

• Fuzzymanpeach
    Fuzzymanpeach Member Posts: 22

Yeah, every killer had to constantly think about DS after they hook someone, BT when someone gets unhooked, unbreakable if they slug to keep up pressure, DH in a chase, and adrenaline near end game. But "oh no, BBQ OP because there is only 5 different ways to counter it!"

Give me a fcking break survivor mains.

• SaltedSnow
    SaltedSnow Member Posts: 309

Imo all the add-ons and perks that give bonus BP should applying after the game is over, like BBQ does. There's no reason for them not to.

• hillbillyclaudmain69
    hillbillyclaudmain69 Member Posts: 1,528

Imagine being so bad that youre afraid of telling the killer where you are. Although bbq needs a nerf, or wglf needs a buff, that's the only bad thing. Although it isn't an issue, I hope they remove the aura, but only bc of wglf not having any extra effects like bbq does. Still though, aside from that, bbq is fine.

• rickyray101
    rickyray101 Member Posts: 141

It's called lockers and distortion. Survivors have a big enough advantage as it is.

• Larz02Barz
    Larz02Barz Member Posts: 95
  • Chordyceps
    Chordyceps Member Posts: 1,700

My dude, the one exit is what makes the basement dangerous. It sure isnt the fact that there's 4 hooks in one place. There's one way in and one way out. But it can also be countered easily by not being neat it at all. The basement only becomes an issue if survivors go down in a very specific portion of the map.

• brocktree
    brocktree Member Posts: 37

1 lockers aren't safe thanks to iron maiden and aren't in every corner of the map.

2 not every generator can you hide at the perfect angle to not be seen.

3 distortion won't be good until you have a way to get stacks back since Myers can get rid of 3 stacks in just as many seconds and that's without bbq.

4 sure, stay close by but I've then seen killers circle around the hook till the survivor hits at least phase 2

5 that's the obvious one and killers predict it a lot if they are smart

6 is valid but has just as many issues as 5.

And for the person who said that if only Ds and dh were as easy to counter imagine. The thing is those are super easy. Dh is all about the mindgame make them pop it early and you're gold and ds don't be a tunneling dick and you're gold and if you aren't being tunnely they just ran at you in the middle of a different chase finish that chase first

• Sadsnacks
    Sadsnacks Member Posts: 677

And DS, BT, adrenaline, dead hard, unbreakable, soul guard, are on the minds of killers in every game.

If you're going to suggest a nerf to one side then you should also suggest an equitable nerf to the other side or buff to counterbalance the original nerf.

• OldHunterLight
    OldHunterLight Member Posts: 3,001

1.Iron maiden OP is next I guess

2. You can hide behind almost every gen from almost every angle.

3. I'm not sure Myers works like that unless he has BK myers.

4. Run away if he is doing that, punish him

• diddy1134
    diddy1134 Member Posts: 5
    edited July 2020

Bbq is the killers equivalent of kindered in my book or even arguably by some OoO. Except OoO is OP in the hands of swf. I would argue killers need more tracking tools. Or at least better heartbeat muters. Plus if I have to slug and wait 60 seconds just to aviod DS ALL THE FUDGING TIME MOST TIMES ON EVERY SURIVOR then you can hide for 5 seconds. Lets not forget Dark Sense which let's you keep tabs on the general location of the killer as Gens are progressed.

Sorry about the caps but fr ######### DS. Every time i see a survivor start spinning on the ground because his buddy wanted to do a unsafe unhook I automatically think every time DS, BT, KINDERED, ETC

• IMhereRUN
    IMhereRUN Member Posts: 606

Guys seriously...

You don’t NEED to counter BBQ. If 40m isn’t enough time for you to position yourself by a strong tile for a chase, than you clearly don’t understand how to play survivor. The only reason you would ever want to counter BBQ is if you’re hiding in the map not doing anything, and if this is the case, why are you playing at all?

• CosmicParagon
    CosmicParagon Member Posts: 1,070
    1. Literally nobody runs Iron Maiden except Huntresses and Legions, so you really should see it coming
    2. You don't need to be perfectly hidden because there's likely going to be two other survivors that are far more obvious
    3. I'm fairly certain Myer's stalk doesn't affect Distortion but I could be wrong
    4. If a survivor hasn't shown up in about 15 seconds assuming Chili didnt proc, most killers will assume that all survivors have either used lockers or left the hook and wander away
    5. That's called mindgaming, its a skill needed by both sides to be succesful
    6. You can literally go in ANY direction to make this strategy work, the killer is coming towards the gen, so you just need to be anywhere but there
  • Squirrel_Thicc
    Squirrel_Thicc Member Posts: 2,677

It's not op.

• DecemberMan
    DecemberMan Member Posts: 30

Kindred is a huge counter to BBQ. If you see the killer looking around after hooking, you can assume he has BBQ. If he turns towards you and starts walking, then run I guess.

• Nineball
    Nineball Member Posts: 28

Oh hell yes, let's make BBQ force screaming on far off survivors. Run that on Doctor with Tremors, Nemesis, and Dead Man's Switch and literally block all gens all the time.

• Nicholas
    Nicholas Member Posts: 1,951

#2 doesn't work, you can distinguish the generator from a survivor.

#3 it's limited to 3x so a partial counter.

One balance change could be that you only earn tokens by not hooking anyone more than once before you hook the others. I'm not sure of the exact mechanics but it could be an interesting way to really discourage tunneling and encourage the killer to seek out other survivors.

• Nicholas
    Nicholas Member Posts: 1,951

Perhaps but I think it has more to do with the fact that Distortion caps at 3. It's just not a good perk. It would be interesting if there was a way to earn more tokens throughout the match or based on activities. Or if you can choose when to redeem your token, for example getting an alert that your aura is about to be shown and you have three seconds to press the action button to trigger Distortion. It could offer a lot of opportunities to be smart about when you want to shield your aura.

• whaleshark
    whaleshark Member Posts: 2

Killers and killer perks are the last thing that needs to be nerfed. All killer perks are fine and most Addons are perfectly fine(minus tuft and tombstone) the real issue is gens and swf

• RizeAki
    RizeAki Member Posts: 1,209
    1. Hide in a locker problem solved
    2. DS is the same way you have to assume everyone has it and has no indication that it’s active so would you suggest survivors scream when they have ds as they get off hook or have a glowing aura that says so
  • Xbob42
    Xbob42 Member Posts: 1,117
    edited July 2020

I think any time your aura is revealed, you should get a notification. Killers and survivors alike. It should say what's affecting you. If you use decisive strike, the killer gets a notification that they were hit by it. If ruin is killing your generators, the game tells you. Playing around something that might not be there should be viable before something actually happens, but once it has been triggered, it shouldn't be devastating to anyone to let the afflicted person know what caused it.

The "counters" all mean the survivors waste time whether it's there or not. You're basically running this perk whether you run it or not. Is it OP? Maybe not on its own, but the impact it has on each and every game is. It gets its benefit just by existing in the perk list.

And yes, the survivors have a bunch of broken perks as well. If second chances were dollar bills the survivors could buy a mansion on the moon. And yes, they're likely much better than BBQ, but two problems existing don't cancel each other out.

• Xm3n_Gambit
    Xm3n_Gambit Member Posts: 4

BBQ is completely fine. What they need to do is buff WGLF for survivors. Like somebody said earlier adding something like We'll Make It or Kindred would be fine. Wouldn't make it OP and would make it worth running more. Also would be nice if the stacks weren't such a pain to get. Getting 4 stacks for BBQ is a joke. Not so much for WGLF. More points for survivors and it might tweak the meta just a little bit.

• Nos37
    Nos37 Member Posts: 4,142

"BBQ is OP"

"No, it's not. It can be countered"

Me: Uses a locker to counter BBQ

Every Survivor on my team: Kites the killer into me for hiding in a locker like a filthy immersive

• Akito
    Akito Member Posts: 673

it's not op. It blocks some strats or playstyles.

BUT keep in mind that BBQ helps killer to find their objectives. Without they tend to camp more often. As a killer you don't wanna waste time searching for a survivor where probably isn't one.

I can give you some tips. What I'm seeing from a killers perspective is that when survivor trying to bait their direction they're running they turn around too early. Once the hook timer isn't paused the 4 seconds are over.

So when the red bleeding bar from the hooked survivor isn't flashing anymore BBQ is over. I always add .5 seconds and then do what I wanted to do.

Also when you go into the locker keep in mind that your aura is hidden once the animation is fully done. You can see that with Bond or other aura reading perks as a survivor when someone goes into a locker.

And so I gave you some reasons why bbq isn't op. It has realistic counterplay. Back then when it got released you saw people hiding in the locker. And even it was super funny the only thing you could do was hiding behind the gen aura. That wasn't realistic counterplay and BBQ was just unfair. Maybe slightly unbalanced but mainly unfair.

• DrDeepwound
    DrDeepwound Member Posts: 2,557
    edited July 2020

If BBQ is OP, we will have to nuke Alert

Alert procs like 25+ times permatch and gives 5 seconds of aura per proc. Compare to BBQ, max procs 12 times with 4 seconds of aura per proc , with the 12th proc being useless as game is over.

lolz

Post edited by DrDeepwound on
  • Pokino
    Pokino Member Posts: 82

People talking about counters to BBQ, but noone remember that the best counter is learn to play. Better ask nerf spirit, this is an authentic problem, not BBQ.

• IcallBS
    IcallBS Member Posts: 45

I Feel its fine the way it is. If the survivors can't figure out the killer has bbq...they need more game time. Revealing the killers perk with a scream is not fair to the killer.

Not to mention I personally like being chased. Keeping the killer with me so my teammates can save. Survivors dont want camping? Give the killer a target.

Gen close to finishing and afraid of bbq and popped? Get in locker, wait 4 seconds, get out, finish gen.

Bbq has counters. Don't fix something thats not broken. Js...

• Kumnut768
    Kumnut768 Member Posts: 789

dude if no one tries to counter it sure he finds someone straight away but if you dont hide in a locker or behind a gen and your teammates do the same hes probably not going to come for you its just a good perk that gives people information

• DrDeepwound
    DrDeepwound Member Posts: 2,557

I literally run BBQ on killers that do not benefit from the auras and have no way of getting there quickly, like Hag. Because as you say, bloodpoints.

25k becomes 50k, I have used BBQ to get majority of my killers to p3 and am glad its there because I have 1800 hours and still not everything p3ed.

• handfulofrain

Exactly. If you remove the bp benefits I'd rather use Thrilling or Whispers.