Bubba has too much fluff to pay attention to in a chase.

Simple change, let bubba automatically consume charges in sweep until manually canceled or charges run out.

One, you have to constantly be eyeing your charge bar. More so than any other killer in the game.

Two, you end up losing bits of your charge because being human means you will never consistently hit the button at the perfect time. Not to mention dedicated server latency.

Three, he already has to manage not bumping into geometry, why does he have to keep an eye on something else too? If you've tried going through the garage doorways on haddonfield you'd know what I mean.

That's all.

Comments

• DecemberMan
    DecemberMan Member Posts: 30

I agree. Either that, or have some kind of other way of signifying you are approaching the end of the charge without having to eyeball the lower left corner of the screen.

• zoozoom6
    zoozoom6 Member Posts: 825

i was hoping they would have an audio cue similar to a fully wound up hatchet for huntress when the charges are full or empty

• ad19970
    ad19970 Member Posts: 6,356

I mean the only thing you have to manage now in addittion to the chase is pressing your power button at the right time while he is chainsawing. It definitely takes some practice, but I think that's fair when considering how much he got buffed. He's much stronger now, so he shouldn't be as easy to use as he was before his nerf.

• ZaKzan
    ZaKzan Member Posts: 544

if you play him enough, you'll get a feel as to how long his chainsaw lasts. I think it's a good change to make killer powers more dynamic but then to increase the challenge of using them.

The fact that I can now outrun sprint burst with all 3 of my charges is amazing. Being able to counter broken survivor perks is always welcome.

• Financial_Stability
    Financial_Stability Member Posts: 466

My view is that if it was just needing to look at the bar, it wouldn't be that bad. But bubba has to pay extra attention to geometry lest he gets a terribly long tantrum.

He already needs to pay attention to geometry, so should he need to look at a gauge too?

• clem1710
    clem1710 Member Posts: 275

Yeah, it's hard to press M2 at the right same, while focusing on the chase and avoiding to bump into objects

• Kebek
    Kebek Member Posts: 3,676

Tbh it's not as hard to hit his stacks at last 1/4 time to get max value from them. Just count down the chainsaw sweeps for each press. First use you press at the end of 4th sweep and then at the end of 3rd sweep. Not that hard honestly.

• Rareware0192
    Rareware0192 Member Posts: 360

I think with time you’ll get the timing down without having to look at the gauge. I remember Otz counting the each chainsaw sweep and I think it was like on the third or fourth sweep you have to hit the button again.

• ad19970
    ad19970 Member Posts: 6,356

I would argue that with practice, you won't have to really look at the gauge anymore since you get a feeling for when to chain his chainsaw charges. But of course I am not sure of this, it might be a bit too much, can't say. I do think that making his chainsaw usage a bit more challenging is a good thing though since it has been buffed so much, just not sure if it maybe is a bit too hard.

• Ghouled_Mojo
    Ghouled_Mojo Member Posts: 2,287

I sucked with old Bubba. I played two games tonight with new Bubba and got 4K’s on both games. I could not be happier with the shy cannibal

• DWolfAlpha
    DWolfAlpha Member Posts: 927

It's more like Nurse. There's a light clicking noise every time a charge refills.

• JacksonWise
    JacksonWise Member Posts: 651

You just need to get some practice in! You'll need to press the power button once every 3 sweeps without add-ons. Not sure how the chilis affect it yet.

• mentalpopcorn
    mentalpopcorn Member Posts: 181

Every killer needs to pay attention to the obstacles... Sure bubba more so but no killer should be walking into walls besides nurse

• Dead_by_Gadfly
    Dead_by_Gadfly Member Posts: 3,772
  • APoipleTurtle
    APoipleTurtle Member Posts: 1,274

There actually is a noise when you consume the last charge while using Bubba's power (signifying it is about to run out). If I'm remembering it correctly, I thought it sounded a bit like metal scratching against something.

As DWolfAlpha said, there is also a noise every time that a charge refills while not using his power. It sounds like a drop of oil "plonking" into the tank.

• SavouryRain
    SavouryRain Member Posts: 340
    edited July 2020

Wait, so you want him even easier to play than he already is? Lolk

• pseudechis
    pseudechis Member Posts: 3,904

Try this, charge the saw outside of chase get a feel for how many swings before it runs out and work on timing. I never feel I have to look at the bar and can get the downs on more than one survivor in a single saw run if the opportunity arises. Its about timing.

Its is a massive improvement over having to hug someone's back before using the saw and then waiting for it to finish once they are down. Having to balance that mechanic with timing is kinda the point or it would be oppressively easy to just charge after people and down them.

Billy is about maneuvering so that's his skill cap, bubba is all about timing.

• vogit10102
    vogit10102 Member Posts: 225

We survs want a rearview in the corner of the screen so we don't need to look behind in a chase.