Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

So in which tier the spirit fits?

Ihatelife
Ihatelife Member Posts: 5,069
edited September 2018 in General Discussions

In my opinion A, cause the long cooldown and chase music while phase walking, but she is pretty mobile and her power help's me to hit a survivor in 90% times. Your opinion?
''Proof'':

Comments

• Oblitiry
    Oblitiry Member Posts: 487
    What ever tier where actual good high ranked killers will say she's good. While bad killers will constantly say she sucks and needs thousands of buffs.
  • Ihatelife

@Claudette_Baguette said:
    Its so emberassing and shows how little you understand about the game if you show us 4k match results with spirit. It's not hard to get a 4k. You can get it with a perkless Freddy eventually. It doesn't say anything about the spirit's balance because survviors can just be bad. Your screenshots are not "proof" at all. Your spirit is level 36 as well, so you don't have much experience with her either.

Sure, I 4k'ed a lot of times when she came out but now that survivors learn to counter her she is garbage. And I'd put her above Wraith and under Clown. So bottom mid tier. And, unlike you, I played her for 25 hours and P3'd her with all perks already with playing her exclusively at rank 1.

Now she is at lvl 50 xd
    For me she's not really that bad

• @Ihatelife said:

Its so emberassing and shows how little you understand about the game if you show us 4k match results with spirit. It's not hard to get a 4k. You can get it with a perkless Freddy eventually. It doesn't say anything about the spirit's balance because survviors can just be bad. Your screenshots are not "proof" at all. Your spirit is level 36 as well, so you don't have much experience with her either.

Sure, I 4k'ed a lot of times when she came out but now that survivors learn to counter her she is garbage. And I'd put her above Wraith and under Clown. So bottom mid tier. And, unlike you, I played her for 25 hours and P3'd her with all perks already with playing her exclusively at rank 1.

Now she is at lvl 50 xd

Play her more and you'll see if you face good survivors.

• Acromio
    Acromio Member Posts: 1,737

Meme tier.

• HellDescent
    HellDescent Member Posts: 4,883

It's too early to talk about her yet

• Bug_Reporter
    Bug_Reporter Member Posts: 673

Top Tier, since i finished my build with her i've been rekting Rank 1s, CWFs are still a problem, just as much as for Nurse or any other top tier, Top Tier killers are good, but the game wasnt balanced around communication, when survivors CHEAT the game with that, any killer will have problems.

Btw, i've been called "Spirit GOD" and "Legendary Spirit" already, feels good when it comes from one of the most TOXIC CWFs i've ever seen.

Always remember...The only way to achieve greatness is when you finally...

G I T
    U
    D

• NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243

@Ihatelife said:

Now she is at lvl 50 xd

Play her more and you'll see if you face good survivors.

I think she's mid tier in my opinion but she does have potential to get a 4k! However this would require the survivors to make mistakes after mistake which I think shouldn't be the case with any killer.
  • yeet
    yeet Member Posts: 1,832
    low tier 
  • Raven24
    Raven24 Member Posts: 43

Hard to tell, but i don't think she is weak. Played her a fair bit lately.

• DocFabron
    DocFabron Member Posts: 2,410
    I haven't had much experience playing as her, but based on the few games I played as her, I think she's viable. I have yet to face an optimal team as her though.
  • DeadByFlashlight
    DeadByFlashlight Member Posts: 1,642

This is what you consider proof?

Rank up to rank 1 and then I dont need to change your mind anymore :wink:

• ceridwen309
    ceridwen309 Member Posts: 502

@BigBadPiggy said:
    Her power isn't strong enough to warrant a slower movement speed, currently she is extremely useless and needs to be buffed to make up for her unreliable power and lack of good add ons. Although let's face it, she'll never get buffed because she is "Not meant to be viable".

Edit: Her Tier level is Freddy level at best.

They talked about some changes for her coming during the mid-chapter patch.

As far as her tier= unsure currently. She has good potential. Maybe with the update coming she will be even better.

• DinoCannibal69
    DinoCannibal69 Member Posts: 25
    She neeew a slight buff; an increase in base movement speed and her power needs a faster cooldown. 
  • Mc_Harty
    Mc_Harty Member Posts: 3,293

Well if this is anything to go by...

https://dennisreep.nl/dbd/killers/

Though she is better then Doctor in my opinion. Also not sure why Myers is better then Hag.

• DarkWo1f997
    DarkWo1f997 Member Posts: 1,532
    edited September 2018
    Buddy I guarantee you once you run into rubies you’re gunna be playing a whole different ballgame. You will have your ass handed to you as spirit in the red zone. 

Its definitely possible to four man as spirit, but like pig, you’re really gunna have to work for it. Feels great to pull it off though I promise you that. 
  • Ihatelife

@DeadByFlashlight said:

Rank 1 is okay, if you are not playing against SWF, which it's rarely

• MojoTheFabulous
    MojoTheFabulous Member Posts: 2,015

I'd say mid tier. She has potential but isn't exactly all that great.

• The_Manlet
    The_Manlet Member Posts: 474
    edited September 2018

Currently she seems to be a mid-tier killer, around as strong as the average. However, you need to factor in that she is hard to play, and is new and not played by very many people so it is difficult to learn how to counter her. Also, she was released unfinished and they're planning to fix and buff her in the mid-chapter update. Currently she's an average, maybe slightly above average killer. After her buffs she could rise to the same level as the Clown or Huntress.

• powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068

@The_Manlet said:
    Currently she seems to be a mid-tier killer, around as strong as the average. However, you need to factor in that she is hard to play, and is new and not played by very many people so it is difficult to learn how to counter her. Also, she was released unfinished and they're planning to fix and buff her in the mid-chapter update. Currently she's an average, maybe slightly above average killer. After her buffs she could rise to the same level as the Clown or Huntress.

She's actually above Clown and most definitely Huntress right right now and Clowns while scary at times are child's play compared to her at rank 1.

• The_Manlet

@powerbats said:

@The_Manlet said:

She's actually above Clown and most definitely Huntress right right now and Clowns while scary at times are child's play compared to her at rank 1.

I've definitely been doing very well with her at rank 1, but I'm attributing that to the fact that almost no one plays her and she's brand new so most people haven't adapted yet.

• Onandaga
    Onandaga Member Posts: 15
    edited September 2018

@PigNRun said:
    Solid midtier, at least. Better than Freddy, Wraith, Leatherface and Pig.

I'd argue wraith is midtier now as well, certainly above those other 3. The new windstorm add ons and the red all seeing add on give him billy levels of map pressure. I've had a ton of funny moments so far with the wraith by running ahead of survivors with my insane cloaked movement speed and bodyblocking them from pallets and loops while I uncloak.

• Eninya
    Eninya Member Posts: 1,256

@PigNRun said:

She can potentially be pretty high, like between Doctor and Huntress, but overall I would never rate her above Pig.

• The_Manlet

@Eninya said:

@PigNRun said:

She can potentially be pretty high, like between Doctor and Huntress, but overall I would never rate her above Pig.

Are you implying that the Pig is strong?

• DarkWo1f997
    DarkWo1f997 Member Posts: 1,532

@Eninya said:

@PigNRun said:

In the hands of a master, pig is like a billy with boobs.  Otherwise, she isn’t as viable from the start as other killers like nurse or Myers. 
  • powerbats

@yeet said:
    PinkEricka said:

“She’s weak” — said by every other killer main that is inexperienced with her and thinks that every single killer in the game is weak unless all survivors spawn on hooks. 

nothing like a survivor main strawman

As opposed to all the killer main Straw Mans?

• yeet
    yeet Member Posts: 1,832
    powerbats said:

@yeet said:
    PinkEricka said:

“She’s weak” — said by every other killer main that is inexperienced with her and thinks that every single killer in the game is weak unless all survivors spawn on hooks. 

🤔 point to me where i strawmanned
  • The_Manlet

@DarkWo1f997 said:
    The_Manlet said:

@Eninya said:

@PigNRun said:

In the hands of a master, pig is like a billy with boobs.  Otherwise, she isn’t as viable from the start as other killers like nurse or Myers. 

She doesn't have the lethality or the map traversal powers of Billy. To imply that she's anywhere near as strong as him is just absurd.

• Eninya
    Eninya Member Posts: 1,256

@The_Manlet said:

@Eninya said:

@PigNRun said:

She can be, but she is at the mercy of RNG for traps and Ruin. With a standardization of those, she's a very lethal 4K killer because traps make her a very capable killer for playing round robin with hooks and downs. You have to be mindful of where survivors are while they're trapped, the boxes that they're likely to go to, and where generators are. With full map awareness, she's a very strong killer.

The Spirit's power kinda sucks in general at consistently dropping in on people, though whether this is a problem with the power or other mechanics not interacting with it properly is hard to tell. I've had games where positional accuracy and scratch marks during Phase Walk just don't exist, so you can hear survivors under you that are 5-8 meters ahead, or scratch marks that don't appear until you exit the Phase Walk, leaving you stuck far behind.

That's not to say she doesn't have the potential to be strong, but she might be buggy. I can't tell, even with games of 4K where it's accurate, and then the next game where it isn't at all, and I'm stuck guessing the entire match. It doesn't make a lot of sense that she is a slower killer in general given the long baseline cooldown of her power.

Comparatively, Pig can stealth and de-stealth for hits a lot more effectively, so the Spirit manages to fail at any real element of surprise. A less stealthy Wraith with slower movement speed and a brutal power cooldown. She's fun to play against, but... easy.

• powerbats

@yeet said:
    powerbats said:

@yeet said:

PinkEricka said:

I'm referencing in general, not you specifically and I was doing a spam of games so forgot to edit that back in. But there's a lot of killer mains use that excuse quite often if a killer isn't Nurse/Billy tier right out of the gates. I'm seeing a lot of Rin's at rank 1 doing quite well with her and most seem to have her down pat so they can do well.

That doesn't mean she doesn't need some qol buffs she does, but to say she's trash is just plain wrong.

• Dr_doom_j2
    Dr_doom_j2 Member Posts: 869
    powerbats said:

@yeet said:
    powerbats said:

@yeet said:

PinkEricka said:

I'm referencing in general, not you specifically and I was doing a spam of games so forgot to edit that back in. But there's a lot of killer mains use that excuse quite often if a killer isn't Nurse/Billy tier right out of the gates. I'm seeing a lot of Rin's at rank 1 doing quite well with her and most seem to have her down pat so they can do well.

That doesn't mean she doesn't need some qol buffs she does, but to say she's trash is just plain wrong.

I would like you to tell me everything that she does that makes her not trash. All I keep hearing from people is she isn't trash, but all they can say to that is "She 4k's in rank 1" like Freddy doesn't also do that. They say she has mind games... But as far as they go, how is that possible when the majority of the time in the majority of maps, she loses herself trying to even find someone with her power?

Seriously, give me something other than 4k's happen, because we both know rank is almost meaningless and a LOT of rank 1 survivors are carried there or just end up there through grind.
  • @BigBadPiggy said:
    Her power isn't strong enough to warrant a slower movement speed, currently she is extremely useless and needs to be buffed to make up for her unreliable power and lack of good add ons. Although let's face it, she'll never get buffed because she is "Not meant to be viable".

Edit: Her Tier level is Freddy level at best.

Freddy is a god wdym? :blush:

• powerbats

@Dr_doom_j2 said:

I would like you to tell me everything that she does that makes her not trash. All I keep hearing from people is she isn't trash, but all they can say to that is "She 4k's in rank 1" like Freddy doesn't also do that. They say she has mind games... But as far as they go, how is that possible when the majority of the time in the majority of maps, she loses herself trying to even find someone with her power?

Seriously, give me something other than 4k's happen, because we both know rank is almost meaningless and a LOT of rank 1 survivors are carried there or just end up there through grind.

I could tell you all the ways she's great but judging by your post you'll ignore them anyways since it's always the same. Get to rank 1, well rank means nothing. This streamer says killer is trash, that streamer says she's great, but streamers opinions don't matter.

Then it's anyone could get to rank 1, true, so what if the killer got 4k, the survivors must all be bad or the killer was lucky. It's funny you lists the complaints but if she was so bad so many people wouldn't be playing her pretty much non stop.

Also if she loses herself in the majority of the maps then how is she getting 3-4k pretty consistently? Since she can't be losing herself the majority of ehr games and still getting 3-4k. If she was such trash no would would be playing her so much let alone Prestiging her to 3.

I'd say go watch Monto decimate with her or any of the other countless streamers pro and non pro but it'd be pointless, the excuses would be the same. Your mind is already made up and nothing I or anyone else here will say will change that. That was proven by the majority of her getting lost statement you made.

• Timebomb0800
    Timebomb0800 Member Posts: 80

Rank 1 here, I'd put her mid tier

• Dr_doom_j2
    powerbats said:

@Dr_doom_j2 said:

I could tell you all the ways she's great but judging by your post you'll ignore them anyways since it's always the same. Get to rank 1, well rank means nothing. This streamer says killer is trash, that streamer says she's great, but streamers opinions don't matter.

Then it's anyone could get to rank 1, true, so what if the killer got 4k, the survivors must all be bad or the killer was lucky. It's funny you lists the complaints but if she was so bad so many people wouldn't be playing her pretty much non stop.

Also if she loses herself in the majority of the maps then how is she getting 3-4k pretty consistently? Since she can't be losing herself the majority of ehr games and still getting 3-4k. If she was such trash no would would be playing her so much let alone Prestiging her to 3.

I'd say go watch Monto decimate with her or any of the other countless streamers pro and non pro but it'd be pointless, the excuses would be the same. Your mind is already made up and nothing I or anyone else here will say will change that. That was proven by the majority of her getting lost statement you made.

Watched both mondo and true play her today, trying to figure out what extra spice I was missing... aside from discovering the fact that frame drops really hurt her (thanks ps4) I saw that they made hella misreads as well.

The game I watched with true snowballed because the obsession DC'd although he had another hook state, and the mondo game was in the hospital. I'll admit, I was surprised about how well he did, even though they got more than two gens done by the time he killed them all. BUT he was in the hospital. I think it's a bit harder to juke her in corridors with very little los blockers, given she tracks scratch marks. 

Aside from all that tjoigh, I know it means nothing if she can 4k a few times. True only has TWO videos of his spirit play, go figure. I'm rank 1, and yea, I 4k'd with her a few times, got more 3k's, and had a couple 2-0k's. I'm not to proud to admit it, I just want to see what some of you fools see in her. I don't think she's reliable at all, I think 110% movement speed for a killer with the first cooldown power in game was a sloppy idea that they just threw in because, I don't think unreliable mind games make for an engaging killer, especially when that's all she has, etceter.

I just want to enjoy her. I want to play as all the killers, and when a new one comes out, I never want to say "oh that killers not for me, they're to difficult to use". So yes, she needs quality of life buffs, as you yourself said. Aside from Freddy, who else needs that?

• DeadByFlashlight

@Ihatelife said:

@DeadByFlashlight said:

Rank 1 is okay, if you are not playing against SWF, which it's rarely

I ranked up to rank 1 during the double BP, will never do that again, thats for sure.
    It consists mainly of SWF and thats the biggest problem

• DeadByFlashlight

@DarkWo1f997 said:
    The_Manlet said:

@Eninya said:

@PigNRun said:

Noone, no matter how godlike he might be as pig, can deal with survivors if they are on the same skillevel and this makes her unviable at high lvl

• Bravo0413
    Bravo0413 Member Posts: 3,647
    powerbats said:

@Dr_doom_j2 said:

Survivors are not fully used to her yet shes been out for maybe a week now I'd say give it another week and you'll see the kill count drop... her power currently punishes her more then rewards and if the killer predicts wrong her power punishes even harder which is terrible... hag can lay down traps at will giving her the ability to teleport 40meters at base, huntress can throw her hatchets at will and reload at any count under full with a short animation.............. spirit gets 5seconds of phase walk at 176% MS (not even that great) and then waits 20seconds at base.. shes 110%MS killer which indicates the devs want her to use her power in order to succeed... shes on the verge of being top tier her power could be used for soo much but the cooldown punishes the player too hard for using it... 
  • F5arTheB5ard
    F5arTheB5ard Member Posts: 118
    Shes high mid tier if you track exceptionally well and get 70% of mind games right. Pallet loops jungle gyms etc

But if you struggle tracking and cant nake reads at all then I understand why everyone says shes bad. Depends on the player
  • FrenziedRoach
    FrenziedRoach Member Posts: 2,600

Still trying to place her, but I don't think she's above Mid-Tier at this time.

To get stronger soon as the mid-chapter patch hits I'm sure.

• Dr_doom_j2
    Shes high mid tier if you track exceptionally well and get 70% of mind games right. Pallet loops jungle gyms etc

But if you struggle tracking and cant nake reads at all then I understand why everyone says shes bad. Depends on the player

Depends on the survivor too. Where tf is the Depip squad when you need them?
  • Nickeh
    Nickeh Member Posts: 282
    edited September 2018

I'm constantly getting 4k's at ranks 1-5 with her. Her power is there to play catch up and to trick survivors... survivors are learning to fake her out but that just means spirit players need to fake out the fake out (stand still and make the survivor think you're in phase mode or actually go into phase mode if they're by a pallet but know that the survivor is going to walk slow or possibly slow vault over pallet to confuse you, so appear on the side that you originally started on if they expect you to try to loop in phase mode).

She's all about risky plays. You WILL lose survivors sometimes, but it's all about taking the risks so you can catch them off guard even if it's just slightly more often than you psych yourself out. You really need to assume the skill level of each individual survivor with her to know what level of fake outs they will try to pull so you can one up them. I would recommend her to any new killer trying to understand the concept of mind games and I would recommend her to any experienced killer who can apply their knowledge of mind games well. Her speed add-ons alone make bbq and chili with her as terrifying as with Billy in the right hands.

• PigNRun
    PigNRun Member Posts: 2,428
    edited September 2018

@Dr_doom_j2 said:
    Depends on the survivor too. Where tf is the Depip squad when you need them?

They are never around, because we never need them.

• Dr_doom_j2

Still trying to place her, but I don't think she's above Mid-Tier at this time.

To get stronger soon as the mid-chapter patch hits I'm sure.

Agreed, i don't actually think shes trash, her ability gas to much potential to be. I'd even be willing to take just a cooldown reduction. She doesn't really need more than that. This aint overwatch, the killer shouldn't take a quarter of a gen to use her power when her map pressence is already very limited.