What's One Feature/Game Mechanic That you Would Love to See?

Options
V1V3
V1V3 Member Posts: 87

I thought it would be cool if there was a color palette to customize colors of outfits for any character.

Comments

• ACTIV3_GNASHER
    ACTIV3_GNASHER Member Posts: 75
    Options

Any outfit is usable on any character as long as they’re the same gender. That would be cool.

• CosmicParagon
    CosmicParagon Member Posts: 1,070
    Options

Bots.

• ABannedCat
    ABannedCat Member Posts: 2,529
    Options

Basic graphic settings.

• APoipleTurtle
    APoipleTurtle Member Posts: 1,274
    Options

For Menu/Character mechanics: The ability to save custom outfit combinations under the "Outfits" tab. With the ability to save up to 3-5 custom outfits per character. Ie, I could make a unique Wraith outfit by using cosmetics from three different sets, and then save it for quick selection later.

For game mechanics: Thresholds of the Devout . These would be similar in size to breakable walls, but ONLY killers would be able to walk through them (though not while carrying a survivor). They would be placed in certain locations on some maps to give killers alternate routes through the environment. Some examples of where these could be used:

• 2nd Floor hallways of Midwich (allowing more drop-down points into the central courtyard).
    • Certain walls on Indoor maps like Lery's, Underground Complex, and The Game.
    • Through some tall fences and boarded-up houses on Haddonfield
  • CornHub
    CornHub Member Posts: 1,864
    Options

More things to interact with on map like a one use window, ladders, doors, ect...

• 53nation
    53nation Member Posts: 681
    Options

More maps. I heard puppers mention an idea about an abandoned cruise ship at sea. That could be cool. Other ideas too like an abandoned amusement park or aquarium. Maybe even the hotel from the Shining. Doctor sleep wasn't bad!

• Skysair
    Skysair Member Posts: 88
    Options

A game mechanic I'd like implemented is one that does not allow survivors to work on generators until they've had some sort of interaction with the killer. This does not necessarily mean the survivor has to seek out a chase, but rather they should at least see the killer or be within the killer's terror radius to unlock the ability to repair generators.

This makes sense from a logical standpoint because the survivors spawn into a trial, what would their logical thoughts be? "What is this place, where am I, why am I here?" This encourages exploration, rather than the way most survivors play being "Okay, spawned in. Find generator and hold M1, occasional space bar tap for skill checks."

• Flawless_
    Flawless_ Member Posts: 318
    Options

Optimizations.

/thread

• chloloprices
    chloloprices Member Posts: 3
    Options

I would love to see them fix whatever bugs they created with the new update. I continously glitch out into the dying state while being chased by the killer and they will be no where near me. As well as, I've noticed more hackers or people working together because a survivor and killer will do things together and cause multiple glitches to where it crashes my game and I get the penalty.

• Heartbound
    Heartbound Member Posts: 3,255
    Options

I'd like a mini game for the queue system. Something simple. So when you're waiting a few minutes for a game to start when your chosen role's queue is long you can play it instead of tabbing out and watching youtube while you hover your mouse over the Dead by Daylight icon.

Everquest had a game in it where if you typed /gem it'd bring up a little tetris-esque game. Could get creative too.

• Khar
    Khar Member Posts: 640
    Options

Watch Replay

• MaybeShesCrazy
    MaybeShesCrazy Member Posts: 337
    Options

A real training ground with bots I can practice chases with at various levels. (Basic potato, beginner potato, intermittent, and hard.) 😁

With that perhaps an area to try the different skills / perks and learn to use them.

• ManyAchievables
    ManyAchievables Member Posts: 667
    Options

Either a dedicated match recording system (so that hackers are more likely gonna be caught) or a dedicated workshop mode, where you can make your own game-modes, maps, chapters, etc.

• SCP_FOR_DBD
    SCP_FOR_DBD Member Posts: 2,416
    Options

The ability to set the menu to whatever you want.

• Veeramid
    Veeramid Member Posts: 113
    Options

A special ending transition from the end of the match to the end cards based on your killer and how many people escaped.

• Clockso
    Clockso Member Posts: 853
    Options

Recently played with

• Captain_Spaulding
    Captain_Spaulding Member Posts: 587
    Options

Complete graphic overhaul to the point where I can actually change all the settings myself. Not have to dig into files or use NVIDIA to change it.

• Valor188917
    Valor188917 Member Posts: 649
    Options

8v2 mode.

• Chordyceps
    Chordyceps Member Posts: 1,695
    Options

I made a post a little bit ago about a new perk system I'd like to see (ie., obsession, hex perks) that I call dead zone perks, which are essentially perks that affect a specific area of the map. I threw together a few examples to show how these perks could potentially work.

Dead Zone: Graveyard

Whenever a survivor is put into the dying state, a deadzone with a 40 meter radius is created at that location,  up to a maximum of 2/3/4 throughout the map. If a survivor is put into the dying state while the maximum number of dead zones is active, the oldest graveyard dead zone is replaced. While in one of these dead zones, survivors suffer from the Exhausted status effect. This effect persists for 5 seconds after leaving the dead zone. Additionally, survivors within the dead zone suffer a 10% debuff to repair, healing and sabotage speed.

Dead Zone: Greed

An area with a 48 meter radius that contains at least one chest or totem becomes a dead zone. Chests within this dead zone cannot be opened and totems within this dead zone cannot be cleansed. Every 40/50/60 seconds, this dead zone vanishes and reappears in another area meeting the same requirements.

Dead Zone: Shroud

An area with a 24/32/48 meter radius centered on a generator becomes a dead zone. In this dead zone the fog is tremendously thicker than normal. While in this dead zone you gain the undetectable status effect. Once the generator this dead zone is centered on is repaired, this dead zone vanishes and reappears at another unrepaired generator.

Dead Zone: Gate

3/4/5 dead zones with a 20 meter radius spawn in random locations throughout the map. Upon entering one of these dead zones, you see the auras of all survivors that are within the other dead zones. This effect persists for 3 seconds after leaving a dead zone. 2 of these dead zones, chosen randomly, will vanish and reappear in a new location every 15-20 seconds.

• HellDescent
    HellDescent Member Posts: 4,883
    Options

Clown being able to go in feral frenzy

• X_Scott
    X_Scott Member Posts: 137
    Options

Auras.

• korean_zombie
    korean_zombie Member Posts: 442
    Options

i would like to see behavior sell the game to a studio that is competent,

• toukent
    toukent Member Posts: 88
    Options

Working hitboxes

• ddubuckyee_user
    ddubuckyee_user Member Posts: 178
    Options

Perk loadout

• Sinatyxmas
    Sinatyxmas Member Posts: 72
    Options

A new objective. Holding m1 on a gen can get dull at times. What if sometimes, instead of gens survivors have to complete 5 codes or something into terminals, and the codes are hidden in chests, the basement, lockers, etc. When going into a game, u could have a 50/50 chance of gens or terminals.

Or maybe for a future easter themed event, eggs could be hidden on the map, and the person with the most gets a prize? I mean, we have bunny feng and legion rabbits, so.....

• RaSavage42
    RaSavage42 Member Posts: 5,541
    Options

A Bloodpoint market

Buy Items, addons, and offerings

Sell: Addons, and offerings

Trade: addons and offerings (or upgrade... like brown BP offerings for either yellow 'of the same kind' or offerings that increase points in all categories by a %)

Maybe perks but only T1 (until they get rid of the tier system)

• Tactless_Ninja
    Tactless_Ninja Member Posts: 1,791
    Options

They could do so much with bots too. Killers with multiple AI controlled thralls. Game modes with NPCs you need to protect/kill. Et cetera.

• Soulslayer618
    Soulslayer618 Member Posts: 488
    edited July 2020
    Options

I like the idea of salvaging parts to make yourself a little better

like a survivor can regress a gen to charge their item or parts of a sabod hook

killer can do likewise to increase range maybe? or a small boost to movement speed temporarily

(keep in mind both would be time consuming in some form or another - like picking up pallets or self caring)

edit: also a solo-player mode would be friggin awesome Id even pay for it separately as DLC

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,097
    Options

Accessibility options for those with vision and hearing impairments.

• ClickyClicky
    ClickyClicky Member Posts: 3,536
    Options

Either double bleedout speed for survivors, or free unbreakable if slugged for 2 minutes.

Slugging for the 4k is hands down the dullest part of the game. Especially when its a really bad player who just sat around the hook all game but gets to win because the survivors were morons.

• JeonKookie97
    JeonKookie97 Member Posts: 42
    Options

that would make no sense because every time you load into a game the character already knows what happens they just die and respawn and die and respawn it’s the entities crewl game.