Give hooked survivors points when killers are camping.

Options

So i've dealt with alot of camping in this game, and I think that's the main problem, noone wants to help out when players are getting camped by a killer.

So I think a new in-game mechanic should be added called "Dead Eye" thats when Killers are camping and staring at the player being camped, which will give the player (who's on a hook and being camped) giving them like 600 points for it, but should also give minus points to the killer that's camping more than 30-60 feet away.

PLEASE add this to the game, its the only way to deal with campers otherwise this game might aswell die out in the next year, which its probably going to do since alot of people don't want to deal with ######### gameplay.

P.S I know there's going to be alot of over-emotional people over this small suggestion which would benefit for the survivors, if you feel like you are getting triggered, call this hotline 1-800-273-8255 and they will help you calm down.

Comments

• Runiver
    Runiver Member Posts: 2,095
    Options

It's not that no one wants to help a camped player, it's usually that you cannot, in a reliant way, without risking your whole team.
    You're usually better repairing rather than trying.

I agree about one thing tho : giving more reasons for killer not to camp without punishing them would be great. Especially since the emblems (especially the malicious one) is quite rough to maintain as a non-camping player.

That being said, rewarding a survivor for dying sounds weird. You get 900 survival points for struggling.
    Not to mention that killers will eventually stop staring at the guy on the hook and will just block the basement stairs or such, with your suggestion, or slightly look sideways.

• GolgiNea
    GolgiNea Member Posts: 157
    Options

@Chambie said:
    So i've dealt with alot of camping in this game, and I think that's the main problem, noone wants to help out when players are getting camped by a killer.

So I think a new in-game mechanic should be added called "Dead Eye" thats when Killers are camping and staring at the player being camped, which will give the player (who's on a hook and being camped) giving them like 600 points for it, but should also give minus points to the killer that's camping more than 30-60 feet away.

PLEASE add this to the game, its the only way to deal with campers otherwise this game might aswell die out in the next year, which its probably going to do since alot of people don't want to deal with ######### gameplay.

P.S I know there's going to be alot of over-emotional people over this small suggestion which would benefit for the survivors, if you feel like you are getting triggered, call this hotline 1-800-273-8255 and they will help you calm down.

This is a cool suggestion. I think 'dead eye' should just be a proximity thing though not just for face camping. Most campers will stand next to or behind the hooked victim to ensure they see whoever tries to come up and unhook.

• Peasant
    Peasant Member Posts: 4,104
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Camping already punishes the killer, it takes away 500-1000 bloodpoints in missed hook opportunities. The killer also loses out on any bloodpoints they would've earned from chasing other survivors or delaying objectives. Then there are the emblems, in which the killer is thoroughly damned for camping in Gatekeeper, Malicious, and Chaser. The killer already punishes themselves tremendously by camping and that your proposal of even more punishment is unnecessary. Additionally, while I have not stated it countless others have pointed out that your suggestion for a survivor reward for being camped has been tried before and ended in failure on multiple occasions. I understand that as a lone survivor that you feel powerless against a camping killer but that's the point of the game. Due to the fact that there are four survivors and one killer it is only logical that a killer can easily overwhelm any single survivor. The survivors' greatest asset is each other, hence the multiple gears being their symbol. The survivors rely on each other for success without each survivor being productive the groups odds of survival drop considerably. Also, while ". . . no-one wants to help out when players are getting camped by a killer . . ." sounds like a justifiable excuse to alter the state of the game that notion is simply illogical. If you encounter as much camping as you say you do just bring Borrowed Time, it's a teachable perk on a character we all have access to and it stops camping in its tracks. You claim that camping is a real problem but frankly it's not. If a survivor is being camped they can either buy as much time as they can for their teammates by struggling or if they are upset, they can suicide as well. Camping is not Harassment, Griefing, an Exploit, or Unsportsmanlike conduct. It certainly isn't taking the game hostage and it's only a minor annoyance that can be easily countered by prepared players. I apologize that camping makes the game unpleasant but it's a horror game, it's supposed to be unpleasant. 
  • SuperRavenSn1per
    SuperRavenSn1per Member Posts: 34
    edited June 2018
    Options

Punishing camping would be a bad idea, they've already tried to do it twice, they won't try it again. It's like if devs punished and took points from loopers, it won't happen.

• SuperRavenSn1per
    edited June 2018
    Options

This system could be easily avoided, just don't look at the survivor you're camping, then the system will not even function how it is meant to. If you were to remove the feature where the killer has to be looking at them, it could be abused, just loop the killer around the survivor and BOOM, free points for the survivor on hook, and the killer is punished for not giving a free save. Do you see why none of the systems would work?

• FSB75
    FSB75 Member Posts: 474
    Options

No.

• SovererignKing
    SovererignKing Member Posts: 1,273
    Options
    The sheer amount of Survivors who want rewarded for making mistakes and getting caught... 
  • Fibijean
    Fibijean Member Posts: 8,342
    Options

The way to stop camping is to give killers incentives not to camp. So taking points from the killer might be a solution, but awarding them to survivors is not. Survivors getting points doesn't directly impact the killer in any way, so unless the killer is just salty and sadistic they're not going to care if the survivor gets points if it doesn't impact them. What I mean is if in the current system a killer facecamps and survivors get no points, and in the new system they facecamp and the survivor gets points, all else being equal, it's not going to make a difference to them.

• SuperRavenSn1per
    Options

@Fibijean said:
    The way to stop camping is to give killers incentives not to camp. So taking points from the killer might be a solution, but awarding them to survivors is not. Survivors getting points doesn't directly impact the killer in any way, so unless the killer is just salty and sadistic they're not going to care if the survivor gets points if it doesn't impact them. What I mean is if in the current system a killer facecamps and survivors get no points, and in the new system they facecamp and the survivor gets points, all else being equal, it's not going to make a difference to them.

Taking points from the killer will NOT be a solution because it would be abused heavily by survivors.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200
    Options

@Dwight_Fairfield said:
    Unfortunately most campers don't need an incentive to camp. They just do it regardless.

Look at it analytically. Chase times are so high and gen times so low. If you want to kill someone, do really want to let your victim escape? I had games where I was only able to get a single hook, and sometimes when facing flashligth SWF, even no hook at all, just saying :wink:

• CallMeRusty420
    CallMeRusty420 Member Posts: 615
    edited June 2018
    Options

Now you survs are asking for free points for being hooked? Omfg the entitlement never ends...

• Visionmaker
    Visionmaker Member Posts: 2,051
    Options

@Master said:

@Dwight_Fairfield said:
    Unfortunately most campers don't need an incentive to camp. They just do it regardless.

Look at it analytically. Chase times are so high and gen times so low. If you want to kill someone, do really want to let your victim escape? I had games where I was only able to get a single hook, and sometimes when facing flashligth SWF, even no hook at all, just saying :wink:

Well no disrespect intended, but maybe you just need to get better as killer if that was the case.

Who can blame him? Camping is as effortless as hanging on the hook.

Except camping is rewarded with 1/4 of the killers objective.
  • Master
    edited June 2018
    Options

@Dwight_Fairfield said:

@Master said:

@Dwight_Fairfield said:

Well no disrespect intended, but maybe you just need to get better as killer if that was the case.

Funny, but this was exactly my first thought in this situation.
    I started checking out guides and watched some twitch streams.
    Then I realized that even killers with 2k+ hours stand no chance against these teams and that there is nothing to "git gud". Unless you are playing nurse, you are simply screwed when facing such a team.

Once I understood that I stopped trying to play competitively, started deranking in order to play "meme killers" and having fun that way. I cant have fun in a "competitive" game when I know that I just might be completely demolished cus I didnt play nurse, just gotta play it casually then

Post edited by Master on
  • TeambossFloze
    TeambossFloze Member Posts: 1,260
    Options

@Peasant said:
    Camping already punishes the killer, it takes away 500-1000 bloodpoints in missed hook opportunities. The killer also loses out on any bloodpoints they would've earned from chasing other survivors or delaying objectives. Then there are the emblems, in which the killer is thoroughly damned for camping in Gatekeeper, Malicious, and Chaser. The killer already punishes themselves tremendously by camping and that your proposal of even more punishment is unnecessary. Additionally, while I have not stated it countless others have pointed out that your suggestion for a survivor reward for being camped has been tried before and ended in failure on multiple occasions. I understand that as a lone survivor that you feel powerless against a camping killer but that's the point of the game. Due to the fact that there are four survivors and one killer it is only logical that a killer can easily overwhelm any single survivor. The survivors' greatest asset is each other, hence the multiple gears being their symbol. The survivors rely on each other for success without each survivor being productive the groups odds of survival drop considerably. Also, while ". . . no-one wants to help out when players are getting camped by a killer . . ." sounds like a justifiable excuse to alter the state of the game that notion is simply illogical. If you encounter as much camping as you say you do just bring Borrowed Time, it's a teachable perk on a character we all have access to and it stops camping in its tracks. You claim that camping is a real problem but frankly it's not. If a survivor is being camped they can either buy as much time as they can for their teammates by struggling or if they are upset, they can suicide as well. Camping is not Harassment, Griefing, an Exploit, or Unsportsmanlike conduct. It certainly isn't taking the game hostage and it's only a minor annoyance that can be easily countered by prepared players. I apologize that camping makes the game unpleasant but it's a horror game, it's supposed to be unpleasant. 

Absolutely spot on ! Could not articulate this point any better than this.

• TeambossFloze
    TeambossFloze Member Posts: 1,260
    Options

Also - if all the gens are done and I have been battered and managed to catch one of you survivors your damn right I'm camping your ass :chuffed:

• powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068
    Options

Again campers get rewarded and usually do it in solo queue where more often than not their facing complete newbs/people with not much experience/gear. These are people that have all the great perks/addons and quite often have well over 500 hours played and prestiged 1 or more times. The issue is SVF groups and that's where the fix needs to happen and perhaps rewarding hooked survivors but only in solo queue and giving killers more incentive to actually go out and chase would fix it it.

As it stands campers and intentional deranked killers are being rewarded for abusing solo queue. If you reward a survivor for being camped they're basically acting as a sacrificial lamb so that hopefully your team does gens. That would be the only reason to reward a camped hooked survivor since as it stand there's no reason to go after a hooked survivor and reward the camper.

This is even more true when facing The Hag who simply marks the ground then goes just far enough away to where she can afk and wait for some sucker and also watch 2-3 gens close to that hook. The Wraith is the same in this case. If you get hooked and camped and your team does gens and you sit there the whole time and be bait perhaps a 500 bonus bloodpoint to say 1k max for dying for the team would be nice.

That last part would be open to interpretation for camping and could easily be griefed by both sides for farming.

• Master
    Options

@powerbats said:
    Again campers get rewarded and usually do it in solo queue where more often than not their facing complete newbs/people with not much experience/gear. These are people that have all the great perks/addons and quite often have well over 500 hours played and prestiged 1 or more times. The issue is SVF groups and that's where the fix needs to happen and perhaps rewarding hooked survivors but only in solo queue and giving killers more incentive to actually go out and chase would fix it it.

As it stands campers and intentional deranked killers are being rewarded for abusing solo queue. If you reward a survivor for being camped they're basically acting as a sacrificial lamb so that hopefully your team does gens. That would be the only reason to reward a camped hooked survivor since as it stand there's no reason to go after a hooked survivor and reward the camper.

This is even more true when facing The Hag who simply marks the ground then goes just far enough away to where she can afk and wait for some sucker and also watch 2-3 gens close to that hook. The Wraith is the same in this case. If you get hooked and camped and your team does gens and you sit there the whole time and be bait perhaps a 500 bonus bloodpoint to say 1k max for dying for the team would be nice.

That last part would be open to interpretation for camping and could easily be griefed by both sides for farming.

From my experience as killer its exactly the opposite
    The soloplayers wont bother about the random guys and will just go back to their gens and finish them.
    SWF however will try to save their mates because their guy is crying in discord that they should get their asses up here and use BT already

Yes an incentive not to camp would do a lot, probably reduce camping by 80-90%

You can only do sth about intentional derankers by fixing the balance in this game (SWF, gentime etc etc) such that playing at high ranks is fun again

• powerbats
    Options

@Master In most of my games the survivors are suckers for the hooked person. If I notice the killer is a Wraith or Hag I'm pretty sure they're camping and they usually are, the same is true for hillbilly. If I know they're camping I won't bother and I'll try and do gens to punish the killer but when it's 2-3 quick downs and or rage quits it's a free win for the killer at that point.

I had a Wraith camp last night and as the only survivor i couldn't get the 4th gen done to make the hatch open, I'd get close but he'd just chase me down everytime. I actually had 4 wraiths in a row on Crotus and 3 of them all did nothing but camp and all had top of the line perks/addons and 2 had the ultra very rare mori sacrifice all by own hand offering.

Absolutely no skill required and 1 even flamed me post game telling me to git gud homo f*g etc when I called him out on it after he teabagged everyone. The 4th Wraith was really skilled and never camped and still managed to nail us all repeatedly.

• Master
    Options

@powerbats said:
    @Master In most of my games the survivors are suckers for the hooked person. If I notice the killer is a Wraith or Hag I'm pretty sure they're camping and they usually are, the same is true for hillbilly. If I know they're camping I won't bother and I'll try and do gens to punish the killer but when it's 2-3 quick downs and or rage quits it's a free win for the killer at that point.

I had a Wraith camp last night and as the only survivor i couldn't get the 4th gen done to make the hatch open, I'd get close but he'd just chase me down everytime. I actually had 4 wraiths in a row on Crotus and 3 of them all did nothing but camp and all had top of the line perks/addons and 2 had the ultra very rare mori sacrifice all by own hand offering.

Absolutely no skill required and 1 even flamed me post game telling me to git gud homo f*g etc when I called him out on it after he teabagged everyone. The 4th Wraith was really skilled and never camped and still managed to nail us all repeatedly.

I dont understand, how can a wraith tbagg you?
    Is there something wrong using perks and addons or even moris?

Dont wanna insult you, but it sounds like you are hovering at really low ranks^^

• powerbats
    edited June 2018
    Options

@Master said:

@powerbats said:

I dont understand, how can a wraith tbagg you?
    Is there something wrong using perks and addons or even moris?

Dont wanna insult you, but it sounds like you are hovering at really low ranks^^

The wraith can tea bag you by circling your head on in the case of the mori start the execute then repeatedly cancel it and rinse and repeat.

Also good grief that was an insult plain and simple and my rank has nothing to do with my experiences in the game being bad. I've gotten close to rank 16 only to derank when 2-3 others in my group all dc/quit after getting hit 1x/downed or the killer camps newbs that don't know better. Most of my losses are that way along with the highly ranked/intentionally deranked killer with P3 and best stuff for them.

When I lose to a good killer i give them props afterwards for a great game played.I'm not going to bash them or flame them for getting outplayed. I learn from my mistakes and from the good things they did both to make myself a better survivor but also a better killer.

Lastly it doesn't take a rocket scientist to recognize a jerk or bad gameplay mechanics inherent in the game.

• HeyItsSolomon
    HeyItsSolomon Member Posts: 16
    Options

I would love if they significantly increased the number of struggle points that you get without changing the amount of time that you're in the struggle state. I've been in a lot of games where a fellow survivor doesn't struggle because they're being camped, which is tantamount to disconnecting. Meanwhile, the rest of us could've used the time that struggling would've bought us, and the camping killer doesn't learn their lesson not to camp.

• Fibijean
    Fibijean Member Posts: 8,342
    Options

@SuperRavenSn1per how could survivors take advantage of something that is totally within the killer's control? No one forces killers to camp. Also, most survivors aren't going to care how many points the killer gets. They care about their own points, they're not going to make the killer lose points for the sake of it unless it benefits them in some way.

• Swiftblade131
    Swiftblade131 Member Posts: 2,050
    Options

Just let him camp, said killer will learn after a while that his/her efforts are wasted

If you are in a SWF group, just tell them to do the generators
    Hopefully if it is a match with a bunch of solos, they know better and just do generators

Sure it is not fun for the hooked guy, but it is a play style that the killer may take. Every style has its advantages and disadvantages, I would assume that it is not fun for the killer to camp either, but who knows what is running through their mind. Maybe they had a bad last match, or they just genuinely feel that it is working for them in matches. Perhaps they think, "Hey, the others come to me if I do this", which is not usually incorrect, many survivors go for the rescue, rightfully so. They want points and/or want all of their teammates to live, perfectly normal.

But it is just smartest to leave them be, don't punish the killer for camping, but getting more points for the killer hanging around wouldn't be a horrible idea, considering how boring it really is after all. (And infuriating to some)

I won't bash killers for camping, nor will I bash survivors for complaining about camping, I completely understand both sides 100%

I was in a stage where i thought camping was a good idea. Ended up learning my lesson real fast, but that was a different time. The Emblem system really does change how pips work.

It really is just up to each person, if you want to go for the rescue, no one (besides the killer) is stopping you, if you don't want to rescue, then hang around the killer's radius to gain some points and then work generators, easy enough.

• CallMeRusty420
    Options

@Dwight_Fairfield said:

@Master said:

@Dwight_Fairfield said:

Well that would be the case but gen rushing completely ruins any real chance for the Killer to even have a chance. It literally ends the game as soon as possible (before 5 minutes) and that's not the killer's fault, it's the dev's fault for having that design flaw. Survs have so many crutches and get-out-of-jail-free cards that it' funny when survs criticize killers. It's like a player playing on easy mode and wins is talking down on the player playing on hard and losing.

• Master
    Options

@CallMeRusty420 said:

@Dwight_Fairfield said:

@Master said:

@Dwight_Fairfield said:

Well that would be the case but gen rushing completely ruins any real chance for the Killer to even have a chance. It literally ends the game as soon as possible (before 5 minutes) and that's not the killer's fault, it's the dev's fault for having that design flaw. Survs have so many crutches and get-out-of-jail-free cards that it' funny when survs criticize killers. It's like a player playing on easy mode and wins is talking down on the player playing on hard and losing.

Dont even react to a survivor that tells you to git gud, he clearly just wants to trigger you

• CallMeRusty420
    Options

@Master said:

@CallMeRusty420 said:

@Dwight_Fairfield said:

@Master said:

@Dwight_Fairfield said:

Dont even react to a survivor that tells you to git gud, he clearly just wants to trigger you

Well if he wants to trigger me, he'll have to do a lot better than that. I'm just stating facts and if he can't give me a valid reason as to why he thinks the way he thinks, I consider it a win in my book. I appreciate the concern though.

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,785
    edited June 2018
    Options

@CallMeRusty420 said:

@Dwight_Fairfield said:

@Master said:

@Dwight_Fairfield said:

A competent killer can handle 'gen rushing'. I usually play survive with friends, so its four survivors communicating and coordinating against one killer. I say this with no ego, but we're pretty good. We've played against some superb killers who stopped us from getting more than 2-3 gens done, killed us all, and they didn't even need the crutch of things like hex ruin. They didn't need to camp. They didn't need to tunnel. That's how you improve your gameplay. You go against a good killer, or good survivors. You play against that, and you learn how to improve.

Speaking of crutches, survivors have no more crutches than the killer. In fact the survivor needs theirs more as they have no defense against fending off a killer other than pallets (which have been nerfed), and flashlights. Borrowed time has been nerfed. Decisive strike is going to be nerfed. Killers will be able to close the hatch. They have overcharge. Barbeque and chili. Remember me. No one escapes death. Hex ruin. Make your choice etc. There is so many things killers have to seek out and screw with survivors.

And to the member, who is obviously some salty killer player, I was not saying 'git gud' to trigger anyone. If I want to try and trigger someone I can be more inventive and effective than that. I said he probably needs to get better because I have played against many killers who have sweeped a lobby against great groups of survivors and did not need to camp, tunnel, or use a bunch hexes to slow us down.

• CallMeRusty420
    edited June 2018
    Options

@Dwight_Fairfield said:

@CallMeRusty420 said:

@Dwight_Fairfield said:

@Master said:

@Dwight_Fairfield said:

A competent killer can handle 'gen rushing'. I usually play survive with friends, so its four survivors communicating and coordinating against one killer. I say this with no ego, but we're pretty good. We've played against some superb killers who stopped us from getting more than 2-3 gens done, killed us all, and they didn't even need the crutch of things like hex ruin or no one escapes death.

Speaking of crutches, survivors have no more crutches than the killer. In fact the survivor needs theirs more as they have no defense against fending off a killer other than pallets (which have been nerfed), and flashlights. Borrowed time has been nerfed. Decisive strike is going to be nerfed. Killers will be able to close the hatch. They have overcharge. Barbeque and chili. Remember me. No one escapes death. Hex ruin. Make your choice etc. There is so many things killers have to seek out and screw with survivors.

And to the member, who is obviously some salty killer player, I was not saying 'git gud' to trigger anyone. If I want to try and trigger someone I can be more inventive and effective than that. I said he probably needs to get better because I have played against many killers who have sweeped a lobby against great groups of survivors and did not need to camp, tunnel, or use a bunch hexes to slow us down.

Yeah you proved my point for me with the first and second paragraph. I'm out. PEACE.

• Master
    Options

@Dwight_Fairfield said:

@CallMeRusty420 said:

@Dwight_Fairfield said:

@Master said:

@Dwight_Fairfield said:

A competent killer can handle 'gen rushing'. I usually play survive with friends, so its four survivors communicating and coordinating against one killer. I say this with no ego, but we're pretty good. We've played against some superb killers who stopped us from getting more than 2-3 gens done, killed us all, and they didn't even need the crutch of things like hex ruin. They didn't need to camp. They didn't need to tunnel. That's how you improve your gameplay. You go against a good killer, or good survivors. You play against that, and you learn how to improve.

Clearly you have no idea what you are talking about. I understand that not everybody SWF is playing competitively and that there are a lot of casual players, but please refrain from such statements then.

I suggest you take a look at the marth experiment and watch a few games of the depip squad, it will teach you what a genrush means.

Im not even going to adress the 2nd paragraph, no point arguing with a survivor main who never played killer

• Wolf74
    Wolf74 Member Posts: 2,959
    Options

Giver survivor more points….points for getting hit… points for getting hooked… maybe points for failing skillchecks?

Just reward failing more, so they get a reason just to fail more.
    The killer already needs them to fail, so encourage them to fail!

/s.

• Jack11803
    Jack11803 Member Posts: 3,930
    Options

@Wolf74 said:
    Giver survivor more points….points for getting hit… points for getting hooked… maybe points for failing skillchecks?

/s.

Sarcasm noted. Well anyway, I don’t see the problem with getting “distraction” points. It’d reduce camping complaints, reduce hook suicides, and besides; killers have always told me they should be strong enough to catch the survivor, so in that case, wouldn’t it be the status quo for the survivor to get caught, not a fail? Honestly survivors get way less points anyway, I don’t see why killers are complaining, when this will ONLY be beneficial

• projecteulogy
    projecteulogy Member Posts: 671
    Options

What a lot of people can't seem to grasp, is that regardless if you have 50 p3 characters and 4,000+ hours of game time. If just about every game you play as survivor ends with you camped or tunneled, or as killer youre endlessly looped outside of playing nurse.. what exactly are you learning? That the community likes to abuse mechanics? As someone who strays away from SWF, thus not having KYF groups to "learn" how to dodge, juke, and 4k with ease.

This game is highly frustrating when you play as intended. Alone. While intended, its obviously setup for friends. Good killers and survivors are so extremely hard to find that learning "live" without help is kinda hopeless. Which is why I believe the population is so horrendously low and full of trash. We should have 50-75k... while we are stuck at 21k max per day

• projecteulogy
    projecteulogy Member Posts: 671
    Options

@Jack11803 said:

@Wolf74 said:

/s.

Sarcasm noted. Well anyway, I don’t see the problem with getting “distraction” points. It’d reduce camping complaints, reduce hook suicides, and besides; killers have always told me they should be strong enough to catch the survivor, so in that case, wouldn’t it be the status quo for the survivor to get caught, not a fail? Honestly survivors get way less points anyway, I don’t see why killers are complaining, when this will ONLY be beneficial

Exactly. Im not caring or trying to stop the killer from gaining BP or leveling. I'm trying to escape and not die. There's no need for a killer to care about the BP a survivor earns.

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,785
    edited June 2018
    Options

@Master said:

@Dwight_Fairfield said:

@CallMeRusty420 said:

@Dwight_Fairfield said:

@Master said:

@Dwight_Fairfield said:

Clearly you have no idea what you are talking about. I understand that not everybody SWF is playing competitively and that there are a lot of casual players, but please refrain from such statements then.

I suggest you take a look at the marth experiment and watch a few games of the depip squad, it will teach you what a genrush means.

Im not even going to adress the 2nd paragraph, no point arguing with a survivor main who never played killer

"Clearly you have no idea what you're talking about".....the words pot, kettle, and black spring to mind here.

If you understand not everybody in SWF is playing competitively, then don't tar me with the brush of trying to rile someone by saying "Git gud". That is not what I was attempting to do. At all. I even clarified I meant no disrespect when I suggest that member just needs to get better at player killer.

I know exactly what a gen rush means thanks. I don't need to watch any videos to "teach" me.

As for being a survivor main who never played killer....more stupidly ignorant assumptions. You don't know a damn thing about me. I have played killer many, many times. Wraith, Michael, Hag, Freddy, Trapper....played them all countless times in the public lobbies. So, like every other blind assumption you've made about me, you're 100% wrong. Because I prefer playing survivor does not equate to me having never played killer.

Now have you got any other false ignorant statements to make about me, or have you exhausted your load? I don't know how you manage to walk around with that huge chip on your shoulder. People like you are the reason the Dbd community is often so toxic.

• Judicar
    Judicar Member Posts: 36
    Options

As pitiful as Friday the 13th is they have one good idea regarding crap behavior from players and that's docking points for it. If killers camp they should just get a negative BP deficit to essentially make their score nothing. Might sound extreme but it is getting extremely old seeing players at all ranks now (used to be you didn't see it much in the better ranks but now, even with the emblem system, killers still do it) do it and since the devs have yet to do anything apart from their perk "bandaids" trying to incentivize them not to do it it's the next thing to try. Now I get it there are some real troll survivors out there that deserve it when they get one on one time but in my experience, if I'm playing killer and get one of those I'll gladly give the game away to the other survivors if it means the insufferable survivor that was griefing gets had so if I got points docked for that reason eh.

• Wolf74
    Wolf74 Member Posts: 2,959
    Options

@Jack11803 said:

@Wolf74 said:

/s.

"Should be"... yes, but is it the case at the current state of the game?
    If we get to the point that you are talking about, we can talk about "rewards for distracting on the hook", but right now, getting caught is considered a "fail".

• KiraElijah
    KiraElijah Member Posts: 1,187
    Options
    Chambie said:

Why? You shouldn’t have been caught, also camping is a legitimate strategy that shouldn’t be punished, what else is Insidious for?
  • KiraElijah
    KiraElijah Member Posts: 1,187
    Options
    Why? Should survivors be punished for looping and pallet dropping because killers hate it? Survivors cause camping because they get saved when you walk 5 feet away
  • deadwolfwalking
    deadwolfwalking Member Posts: 624
    Options

maybe offer survivors that jump off the hook more points and give them an automatic borrowed time....

• DarXide
    DarXide Member Posts: 81
    Options

If you get camped a lot, consider doing your team a favor and run Kindred. There's very little you can do if a Killer is proximity camping or face camping if nobody has Borrowed Time equipped. It's going to take a lot of team coordination and distraction for everybody to make it out from not going down immediately after saving you. At least with Kindred, if the Survivors are smart enough they possibly repair 3-4 Gens in the time span you're hooked.

• FixCampDotExe
    FixCampDotExe Member Posts: 10
    edited June 2018
    Options

@SuperRavenSn1per said:
    Punishing camping would be a bad idea, they've already tried to do it twice, they won't try it again. It's like if devs punished and took points from loopers, it won't happen.

I don't understand why people keep on comparing camping and looping. This only shows you don't even follow up what's going on in DbD development team.
    Do you know it's been over 6 months they're talking about balancing loops and are doing so?

Do you know it's been a year they're asking every single week during the dev stream to stop camping?
    They even tried many way to fix it like blocking the entity when the killer is near the hook. They even feel forced to ask people TO NOT CAMP during the lunar event because they don't need the kill to get the coin :').

So please, stop camparing an unbalanced mechanic with non-anymore intended mechanic and think about a way to fix it. Since leatherface released and camp has increased to 90% of players, they lost an average of 50% of their regular playerbase. Stats shows that the amount of player used to be around 30k-40k when a killer release and 20k-25k otherwise. From Leatherface to The Pig, we barely reached 25k as the absolute max and the only reason why we're more than 15k right now is the PTB.

Looping sure is strong but it is actually REALLY strong only at high rank when most player, who are at low rank, don't know anything but looping while killer camp from rank 20 to rank 1 and it doesn't leave a chance no matter the rank. So yes looping isn't fair, even if you can still play mind or go catch another survivor, but camping isn't fair and it's not fun either. Being camped is not fun, camping is not fun.
    This mechanic just shows how frustrated the players are and how unbalanced this game is.

Delete camping, balance every single thing left (perks, items, addon, maps,...) and you get a good game. Keep camping, balance the rest, and people will continue rage quitting and eventually stop DbD like stats show us.

• SuperRavenSn1per
    edited June 2018
    Options

@FixCampDotExe said:

@SuperRavenSn1per said:

I don't understand why people keep on comparing camping and looping. This only shows you don't even follow up what's going on in DbD development team.
    Do you know it's been over 6 months they're talking about balancing loops and are doing so?

Do you know it's been a year they're asking every single week during the dev stream to stop camping?
    They even tried many way to fix it like blocking the entity when the killer is near the hook. They even feel forced to ask people TO NOT CAMP during the lunar event because they don't need the kill to get the coin :').

So please, stop camparing an unbalanced mechanic with non-anymore intended mechanic and think about a way to fix it. Since leatherface released and camp has increased to 90% of players, they lost an average of 50% of their regular playerbase. Stats shows that the amount of player used to be around 30k-40k when a killer release and 20k-25k otherwise. From Leatherface to The Pig, we barely reached 25k as the absolute max and the only reason why we're more than 15k right now is the PTB.

Looping sure is strong but it is actually REALLY strong only at high rank when most player, who are at low rank, don't know anything but looping while killer camp from rank 20 to rank 1 and it doesn't leave a chance no matter the rank. So yes looping isn't fair, even if you can still play mind or go catch another survivor, but camping isn't fair and it's not fun either. Being camped is not fun, camping is not fun.
    This mechanic just shows how frustrated the players are and how unbalanced this game is.

Delete camping, balance every single thing left (perks, items, addon, maps,...) and you get a good game. Keep camping, balance the rest, and people will continue rage quitting and eventually stop DbD like stats show us.

The reason we compare camping & looping is because they're both strong tactics for each side.

At this point in time there is no balance to looping, they removed the void, but that only takes off 1 loop per area.

The devs that ask killers to stop camping are the devs who have made this game horrible unbalanced, they don't play the game so all they see is the complaints about camping and assume that's how it is.

Looping was never intended, it was a bug, and you can't tell me that 90% of killers camp, I almost never run into campers. You wanna know why we have so many now and so few before? It's because killers left and on the PTB they're giving DBD it's last chance to see if it fixed anything.

There is so many great loopers at high ranks because, they only loop so can't get past rank 13, they use SWF to break the already broken matchmaking system, they are just good at DBD from pretty much the start, and much more. Camping is fair, it isn't fun, but is pretty much the only way to take on some of the toxic SWF groups that bombrush the hook.

How do you even delete camping? How about instead of punishing something you don't like, give an incentive not do it, such as if you don't camp you get extra points, or they could fix bombrushing so decent killers don't need to camp, usually it's the survivors fault that they get camped, not the killers.

• AlexAnarchy
    AlexAnarchy Member Posts: 685
    Options

@Chambie said:

For this OP who wants to have killers punished for camping cuz obviously camping is not designed into the game...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SS3DvvOQI04

Working as intended from day 1 still today thanks to survivors.

• TangledCables
    TangledCables Member Posts: 5
    Options

This thread is filled with salty survivor mains and salty killer mains.

GUYS. STOP.
    This is going too far. Y'all are just arguing whether to buff or nerf survivors. You need to focus on the MC's suggestion. Is it a good idea or a bad idea?

In my opinion? Eh. Don't really know. There's a lot of arguments from both sides, so I can't really say anything.
    Ah well.

y'all should get rid ofthat vigo's jar of salty lips you've had in your inventory ever since this thread was created.

• CallMeRusty420
    Options

@AlexAnarchy said:

@Chambie said:

For this OP who wants to have killers punished for camping cuz obviously camping is not designed into the game...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SS3DvvOQI04

Working as intended from day 1 still today thanks to survivors.

Ew that video is so full of crap. It' not fun to run in circles. I don't feel ANY power as Killer. And since when can killers screw with the survivors?

• powerbats
    Options

No matter what they do they're not going to please everybody. On that we can all agree at least.

• ChesterTheMolester
    ChesterTheMolester Member Posts: 2,771
    edited June 2018
    Options
    So I think a new in-game mechanic should be added called "Dead Eye" thats when Killers are camping and staring at the player being camped, which will give the player (who's on a hook and being camped) giving them like 600 points for it, but should also give minus points to the killer that's camping more than 30-60 feet away

MCOTE DADDY PLZ HELP KILLER IS CAMPING AWAY FROM THE HOOK PLZ PUNISH