We're gonna Live forever & Barbecue and Chilli

Temori
Temori Member Posts: 27
edited June 2018 in General Discussions

So why does Barbecue & Chilli gives you 100% more bloodpoints AND it reveals the aura of survivors. I mean I love using this perk, but We're gonna live forever also gives you 100% bloodpoints but there's no other "special effect". Also, perks are meant to help you ingame, but this perk only takes effect after game, which seems pointless for me

What do you think about it? I personally think that WGLF should get a new cool "extra"

Post edited by Temori on

Comments

• MyFreddyIsBae
    MyFreddyIsBae Member Posts: 39
    WGLF is already superior to " No one left behind"   lol

I dont think it needs changes .  8-) 
  • Jack11803
    Jack11803 Member Posts: 3,930

@MyFreddyIsBae said:

or maybe no one left behind should get a different effect? Maybe?

• Temori
    edited June 2018

@Runiver said:
    Because killers cannot afford a dead perk slot in their kit, while survivors can.

You could imagine something extra for WGLF for sure tho, but what would you get exactly ?

Dunno maybe something like, "After unhooking a survivor the aura of the killer is revealed for 2 seconds" or something like this

• Runiver
    Runiver Member Posts: 2,095

@Temori said:

@Runiver said:
    Because killers cannot afford a dead perk slot in their kit, while survivors can.

You could imagine something extra for WGLF for sure tho, but what would you get exactly ?

Dunno maybe something like, "After unhooking a survivor the aura of the killer is revealed for 2 seconds" or something like this

Would be definitely wrong for a simple reason :
    Showing the killer's aura to survivors is a HUGE way to reduce the scare factor, that is already super low in most rounds (sadly).

It's understandable on Kindred since it's situational and mostly against camping, so acceptable tho.

• Temori
    edited June 2018

@Runiver said:

@Temori said:

@Runiver said:

Showing the killer's aura to survivors is a HUGE way to reduce the scare factor, that is already super low in most rounds (sadly).

It's understandable on Kindred since it's situational and mostly against camping, so acceptable tho.

Ik but adding a perk to a game which only takes effect at the end of the game sounds stupid to me. And scare factor? I think everybody can agree, but the scare factor of Horror games constanly go down the more time you play the game.

• MyFreddyIsBae
    Jack11803 said:

@MyFreddyIsBae said:

or maybe no one left behind should get a different effect? Maybe?

Yup, No one left behind should get a buff ^^ 
    But I think that WGLF shouldn't be changed. 
    Its already an awesome perk tbh  ::chuffed:
  • Runiver
    Runiver Member Posts: 2,095

@Temori said:

@Runiver said:

@Temori said:

@Runiver said:

Ik but adding a perk to a game which only takes effect at the end of the game sounds stupid to me. And scare factor? I think everybody can agree, but the scare factor of Horror games constanly go down the more time you play the game.

And you can also tell that being able to know where the killer is gonna come from/where he is at, is actually a huge way to make it even less scary tho.
    That's actually one of the reason that makes SWF to be way less scary and way more efficient.

And I agree, a perk for the sole reason to farm is actually very stupid.
    WGLF and BBQ should both be passives (for the BP aspect) and people should be able to pick perks for their interesting mecanics, not for the sake of grinding.

I actually posted a few reworks about that, including giving more points to gen repairs too, and such, to balance things out.

• Visionmaker
    Visionmaker Member Posts: 2,051

@MyFreddyIsBae Aside from the fact that it can encourage farming teammates and acts as an empty perk slot otherwise.

• MyFreddyIsBae
    @Visionmaker 100% yes :) 
  • Temori

@Visionmaker said:
    @MyFreddyIsBae Aside from the fact that it can encourage farming teammates and acts as an empty perk slot otherwise.

The emblemb system punishes ppl who farm teammates

@Runiver said:

@Temori said:

@Runiver said:

@Temori said:

@Runiver said:

And you can also tell that being able to know where the killer is gonna come from/where he is at, is actually a huge way to make it even less scary tho.
    That's actually one of the reason that makes SWF to be way less scary and way more efficient.

And I agree, a perk for the sole reason to farm is actually very stupid.
    WGLF and BBQ should both be passives (for the BP aspect) and people should be able to pick perks for their interesting mecanics, not for the sake of grinding.

I actually posted a few reworks about that, including giving more points to gen repairs too, and such, to balance things out.

I didn't read them yet, but It was just an quick example for an "extra". I'm not sure what to add, but its just stupid that this Perk, and perks are made to take effect ingame, takes effect after the game. But we both agree on this point :)

• Visionmaker
    edited June 2018

@Temori said: Since when do people care about the emblems?

If they cared, they wouldn't be running with an empty perk slot.

• MyFreddyIsBae
    @Temori I still get farmed lol
  • Jack11803

@MyFreddyIsBae said:
    @Temori I still get farmed lol

D A R N

• theagitatedapricot
    theagitatedapricot Member Posts: 78
    I think it should show the auras of survivors within like 8m of a hooked survivor. That way you know if someone is going for the save or not.
  • Visionmaker

@theagitatedapricot said:
    I think it should show the auras of survivors within like 8m of a hooked survivor. That way you know if someone is going for the save or not.

So I can SB in and get the farm before them hehehe

• theagitatedapricot
    @Visionmaker Exactly! :pirate:
  • theagitatedapricot
    I have no idea where that pirate came from btw
  • Jack11803

@theagitatedapricot

Pirate is (no space, I only put it so it doesn’t turn into a pirate lol) : pirate :

• theagitatedapricot

@Jack11803 Oohh ok. I'm on mobile and I hit the guy with his tongue sticking out and it turned into the pirate somehow. :ohnoes:

• Jack11803

@Jack11803 Oohh ok. I'm on mobile and I hit the guy with his tongue sticking out and it turned into the pirate somehow. :ohnoes:

I’m on Mobile too, I just quoted your comment, and looked at it in HTML form

• Glebu
    Glebu Member Posts: 56
    edited June 2018
    Reverse bbq
    After you unhook someone the survivors that are 24/34/50 m close are revealed for 4 seconds
  • Wolf74
    Wolf74 Member Posts: 2,959

BBQ got it's bloodpoint buff after WGLF got introduced and the survivor queue times for survivor skyrocketed, because so many player switched from killer to survivor to farm bloodpoints.
    It basically became a SURVIVOR ISSUE, to fix the queue times by giving the killer a similar perk and nerfing WGLF.
    The Devs just decided to pick BBQ for that, because it already had a weak bloodpoint buff that wasn't that good to begin with and so they buffed it up with a further incentetiv to NOT "tunnel".
    So BBQ solves 3 SURVIVOR issues: better queue times, less camping, less tunneling.
    Still survivor dare to complain about BBQ being to pwoerful.
    And survivor already have the better and more powerful perks and still they try to get more.

survivorlogic

• AlexAnarchy
    AlexAnarchy Member Posts: 685

@Wolf74 said:
    BBQ got it's bloodpoint buff after WGLF got introduced and the survivor queue times for survivor skyrocketed, because so many player switched from killer to survivor to farm bloodpoints.
    It basically became a SURVIVOR ISSUE, to fix the queue times by giving the killer a similar perk and nerfing WGLF.
    The Devs just decided to pick BBQ for that, because it already had a weak bloodpoint buff that wasn't that good to begin with and so they buffed it up with a further incentetiv to NOT "tunnel".
    So BBQ solves 3 SURVIVOR issues: better queue times, less camping, less tunneling.
    And survivor already have the better and more powerful perks and still they try to get more.

survivorlogic

Exactly~

• Temori

@Wolf74 said:

survivorlogic

I said I like using BBQ & Chilli and I play both sides Killer and Survivor. Im not complaining that BBQ and Chilli is too op, I'm complaining that WGLF is a perk that only takes effect at the end. Adding some cool extra, and idk what extra, would be great.

And I think it is stupid to say that survivors can have a "empty perk slot" because they already got "op" perks. Because the point of perks is that you get benefits ingame, and not only at the endscreen.

And I think everybody can agree - there are a lot of perks in Dead by Daylight that are completly trash and nobody is using them - for survivors & killers.

• Wolf74
    Wolf74 Member Posts: 2,959

@Temori said:
    I said I like using BBQ & Chilli and I play both sides Killer and Survivor. Im not complaining that BBQ and Chilli is too op, I'm complaining that WGLF is a perk that only takes effect at the end. Adding some cool extra, and idk what extra, would be great.

And I think it is stupid to say that survivors can have a "empty perk slot" because they already got "op" perks. Because the point of perks is that you get benefits ingame, and not only at the endscreen.

And I think everybody can agree - there are a lot of perks in Dead by Daylight that are completly trash and nobody is using them - for survivors & killers.

Survivor do get an ingame effect from WGLF: better equipment.
    If they wouldn't farm more points with WGLF, their quality and amount of add ons and items would become less and less.
    But they can run more stuff, because of the extra BPs.
    And they trade this with an "empty perkslot".
    And yes, survivor are so op, they can get away with an "empty perkslot".

• RSB
    RSB Member Posts: 2,258

@Temori said:
    So why does Barbecue & Chilli gives you 100% more bloodpoints AND it reveals the aura of survivors. I mean I love using this perk, but We're gonna live forever also gives you 100% bloodpoints but there's no other "special effect". Also, perks are meant to help you ingame, but this perk only takes effect after game, which seems pointless for me

What do you think about it? I personally think that WGLF should get a new cool "extra"

Because you can gain tokens for WGLF in 2 ways, and for BBQ only in one way. Alsogaining stacks for WGLF is way easier, than for BBQ.

• ASpazNamedSteve
    ASpazNamedSteve Member Posts: 1,784

@RSB said:

Because you can gain tokens for WGLF in 2 ways, and for BBQ only in one way. Alsogaining stacks for WGLF is way easier, than for BBQ.

I genuinely disagree.

• Visionmaker
    edited June 2018
    @not_Queen While a BBQC stack is harder to accomplish, I don't think you've considered that it does not change the killers objectives. Unlike individual survivors that do not have to go in for saves or otherwise pointless bodyblocks, killers primary objective is to hook and kill survivors. BBQC gameplay is the same as no BBQC gameplay.

The incentive also doesn't work for anyone but Nurse and Billy. If you observe higher rank streams, even one missing aura signals to camp/patrol as usual. Watch killer streams and many even vocalize it: "they're nearby".

Meanwhile WGLF incentivizes poor gameplay that runs at odds with BBQC. People farm hooks instead of completing objectives, and risk death for protections. Dedicated savers with WGLF put the hooked survivor at risk for camping versus BBQC killers, and the lack of BP penalty for unsafe hooks puts solo survivors at risk of death.

Fact of the matter is that WGLF changes survivor gameplay in a negative fashion (excessive bodyblocking and hook farming) because it's useless as anything but a farming perk. Unlike BBQC that does not require the killer to change gameplay, helps them farm BP with no risk to themselves, and still acts as a strong tracking perk.
  • Temori

Ok, I agree that it's harder to get Stacks @ BBQ & Chilli but I remain at my opinion that perks that only take effect at the endscreen are kind of inapt

@Visionmaker said:
    @not_Queen While a BBQC stack is harder to accomplish, I don't think you've considered that it does not change the killers objectives. Unlike individual survivors that do not have to go in for saves or otherwise pointless bodyblocks, killers primary objective is to hook and kill survivors. BBQC gameplay is the same as no BBQC gameplay.

The incentive also doesn't work for anyone but Nurse and Billy. If you observe higher rank streams, even one missing aura signals to camp/patrol as usual. Watch killer streams and many even vocalize it: "they're nearby".

Meanwhile WGLF incentivizes poor gameplay that runs at odds with BBQC. People farm hooks instead of completing objectives, and risk death for protections. Dedicated savers with WGLF put the hooked survivor at risk for camping versus BBQC killers, and the lack of BP penalty for unsafe hooks puts solo survivors at risk of death.

Fact of the matter is that WGLF changes survivor gameplay in a negative fashion (excessive bodyblocking and hook farming) because it's useless as anything but a farming perk. Unlike BBQC that does not require the killer to change gameplay, helps them farm BP with no risk to themselves, and still acts as a strong tracking perk.

Yea WGLF encourages & rewards negative gameplay like you said e.g. farming.

• Jack11803

@RSB said:

@Temori said:

Simple but quick answer. It’s not, it’s harder, I play killer to rank 1, survivor as well, survives with comms/loops are op, yes, but that shouldn’t dictate basic equality of perks that are on both sides followed in the past.

• GhostEuant
    GhostEuant Member Posts: 243
    Shows the aura of the unhooked survivor to the remaining survivors for X seconds? 
  • RepliCant
    RepliCant Member Posts: 1,436

@Wolf74 said:

survivorlogic

Gotta +1 this. The farm was insane when killers switched to survivor because of a so easily farmed perk that doesn't take as much as BBQ. BBQ You gotta find, successfully win a chase, AND manage to hook them. You can earn a stack from WGLF by simply taking a hit from a carried survivor... Easy.

BBQ isn't even that strong of a perk even for Billy. It's so easily counterable by fooling the killer of direction/location. Like, the amount of times I act like I dont think they have BBQ and hide in a locker, and watch them check it after I leave quite literally 2 seconds after entering it makes me laugh. With the lowkey nerf they added to it being able to hide behind a gen too, loool.

• Flimflam
    Flimflam Member Posts: 103

The requirements for bonus BP just need to be made standard for everyone and the perks changed into something else.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095

@Temori said:

It already has a cool extra feature! You get stacks from unhooking the same person + you get stacks if you get hit while being close to a injured survivor.

BBQ has the aura reveal to give the killer a new target (reduce camping) + it only gives 1 stack per survivor. No matter how often he hooks them.

• kimukipi
    kimukipi Member Posts: 137

oh boi, here we go again.

• theagitatedapricot
    I mean with BBQ you're not competing with 3 other players to get stacks. It can also be hugely risky to take hits for other survivors or attempt unhooks. Hooking survivors is not risky, it's necessary. I'm not saying WGLF is easier but whether one is easier or not is beside the point. It's not like WGLF needs to give unhooked survivors a 30 second sprint burst, but it's really not that difficult to come up with a slight buff that actually affects gameplay.
  • Tepiglover88
    Tepiglover88 Member Posts: 44
    edited July 2018
    DELETED
    Post edited by Tepiglover88 on
  • Tsulan

I mean with BBQ you're not competing with 3 other players to get stacks. It can also be hugely risky to take hits for other survivors or attempt unhooks. Hooking survivors is not risky, it's necessary. I'm not saying WGLF is easier but whether one is easier or not is beside the point. It's not like WGLF needs to give unhooked survivors a 30 second sprint burst, but it's really not that difficult to come up with a slight buff that actually affects gameplay.

Hooking survivors is not risky? Are you kidding me? It´s way harder to get 4 stacks on BBQ than getting 4 stacks on WGLF.
    Remember, the devs had to nerf WGLF because people abused it and made it impossible to play. They rushed to the hook and unhooked in front of the killer. You want that back?

• Temori

@Tepiglover88 said:
    Since it pretty much relies on saving other survivors, my personal suggestion would be something minor but still helpful, such as faster unhook times to the point where you don’t need to do that fake out thing and then go down, just my suggestion though

Yea something like this sounds nice.

@Tsulan said:

Hooking survivors is not risky? Are you kidding me? It´s way harder to get 4 stacks on BBQ than getting 4 stacks on WGLF.
    Remember, the devs had to nerf WGLF because people abused it and made it impossible to play. They rushed to the hook and unhooked in front of the killer. You want that back?

I remember the time, 200% BP was insane. But I have to disagree, e.g. when I play the nurse it's kind of easy to get 4 stacks. I mean u see the aura of the people and than you can easily go for them. When you play good ( kill everybody - you get all stacks. But when you play good as a survivor you don't necessarily get all stacks because you can't unhook everybody. When a survivor gets hooked other survivors are often closer to the hook so they unhook them & not you. Even with the emblembs, I don't get enough points on the Benevolent emblem becuz I'm not fast enough.

• Tsulan

@Temori said:

@Tepiglover88 said:
    Since it pretty much relies on saving other survivors, my personal suggestion would be something minor but still helpful, such as faster unhook times to the point where you don’t need to do that fake out thing and then go down, just my suggestion though

@Tsulan said:

I remember the time, 200% BP was insane. But I have to disagree, e.g. when I play the nurse it's kind of easy to get 4 stacks. I mean u see the aura of the people and than you can easily go for them. When you play good ( kill everybody - you get all stacks. But when you play good as a survivor you don't necessarily get all stacks because you can't unhook everybody. When a survivor gets hooked other survivors are often closer to the hook so they unhook them & not you. Even with the emblembs, I don't get enough points on the Benevolent emblem becuz I'm not fast enough.

Not every killer has the map presence of a Nurse. You also know that the Nurse has the steepest learning curve of all killers.
    BBQ does everything to incentivize killers to leave the hook. WGLF does everything to incentivize farming the teammates. I never had problems getting iridiscent benevolent. Easiest points ever.

• theagitatedapricot
    Tsulan said:

1. No, the act of putting a survivor on a hook is not risky and you literally do not have any other objectives.
    2. I did not say to buff the point gain of WGLF.
  • Markness
    Markness Member Posts: 242
    edited June 2018

How about if WGLF gets a buff then NOED gets a buff in the sense that if you get downed after the gates are powered = you getting mori'd without the offering.. how does that sound? :lol:

Edit: Forgot to mention that I am trying to compare something to DS.. which is absolutely bonkers broken and NOED being that strong is an equivalent to that power level.

• Temori

@Tsulan said:

@Temori said:

@Tepiglover88 said:

@Tsulan said:

Not every killer has the map presence of a Nurse. You also know that the Nurse has the steepest learning curve of all killers.
    BBQ does everything to incentivize killers to leave the hook. WGLF does everything to incentivize farming the teammates. I never had problems getting iridiscent benevolent. Easiest points ever.

Ik, that's why I'm playing nurse (btw hopefully does the patch make the other killers useful in r1 again). Maybe its just the way I play. But I also don't have that big problems with other killers. But I can't deny that its way easier with nurse.

• Tsulan

@Temori said:

@Tsulan said:

@Temori said:

@Tepiglover88 said:

@Tsulan said:

Ik, that's why I'm playing nurse (btw hopefully does the patch make the other killers useful in r1 again). Maybe its just the way I play. But I also don't have that big problems with other killers. But I can't deny that its way easier with nurse.

I think every killer should be balanced like Billy.
    Nurse has still some map spots where she can´t teleport through, and knee high cars are obstacles for the Huntress.
    But Billy is in the right spot.
    I like to play killers without perks and add-ons. To evaluate if they are good or not. Sadly, only 3 killers perform well without add-ons. Other killers are way to depending on certain add-ons or perk combinations. Which makes them weak in comparison with Billy, Nurse or Huntress. This is also the reason, why those are the main killers on high ranks.

Trapper for example is to slow. He can´t set up enough traps before 3 or 4 gens are done. At least not on high ranks. Now adding the pressure of hooking everyone once and the match is over before he got a kill.

• Judicar
    Judicar Member Posts: 36

Devs have been asked this and they didn't care. Yes, because it's so fair that BBQ&C gets two bonuses while WGLF only gets one.