The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

A Question about old times with Lost Progress and sharing Savefiles.

N3X
N3X Member Posts: 39
edited October 2018 in General Discussions

Not that someone miss understood me. Ist not About me. I just ask me this since Long time and never really have found the Right answer for it.
To the time there A lot of People have lost there Progression, have people ask Dave over Twitter if it is alowed to share Savegames with Friends if they lost there Progression. And Dave have say that this is not a Problem. I know a lot of People have done this and also earnd "Legacy" with this without to have it before. Now say the Rules that this is bannable if you dont have get your legacy for real and People get banned for there legacy. How can it be possible to allow People first to share there Progression to get almost there savegame back, and call them now Cheaters? How the Devs handle this? Because i think ist kinda stupid (sry for this word) to Allow something and in the end ban Players for this!?! What you Devs think About this and what you Players think About this?

Sry for my bad english. Ist not my Mother language.
(I edit Mathieu to Dave to make this Post Right)

Post edited by N3X on

Comments

• Raccoon
    Raccoon Member Posts: 7,692
    Sharing game saves is endorsed by the devs?

Please provide a link where they state this. 
  • N3X

i Need to search for the message. It´s almost 2 years ago. It was also post up in a discussion in the Steam community board. Im sure im not the only one that remember this.

• N3X

Ok im actually not more sure if the message on Twitter was from Mathiue or Dave Richards. but i know one of both have answerd on this Question. Im still searching for it. Maybe someone have still a old Picture of this Post.

• Vorfidus
    Vorfidus Member, Dev Posts: 2

You are referring to this post: https://steamcommunity.com/app/381210/discussions/0/1843493219431981208/

That entire post is about backing up and how to restore your own save file. Nowhere did anyone say anything about using someone else's save file to restore your lost progress.

So yes, if you use someone else's save file you will be banned.

• N3X

@Vorfidus said:
    You are referring to this post: https://steamcommunity.com/app/381210/discussions/0/1843493219431981208/

That entire post is about backing up and how to restore your own save file. Nowhere did anyone say anything about using someone else's save file to restore your lost progress.

So yes, if you use someone else's save file you will be banned.

No i dont talk About how to backup your Progression. I talk About a Twitter Post there someone have ask if it is allowed to use the savefile of your Friend, there a lot of People have lost there Progression to this time.

• N3X

i need to go to work now so i look later in this discussion if im back. Cya later guys.

• N3X
    edited October 2018

@Vorfidus Finally after hrs of searching around the Web. here the post of Dave Richards
    Just click on the post to read the full Question about sharing savefiles with friends.

• N3X
    edited October 2018

With this Post i think, it´s not ok to just ban People for doing it. I don´t support Cheaters and i also think they destroy the game. But i also think it should be only banable if the Players get banned only if the legacy is earnd after the time there the Savefiles are saved on the DBD Servers. Otherwise its kinda a Kick in the Ass of the Community. I dont have Legacy but i self dont really care about Legacy for my self. I just talk about this for the Players they allready stuck in the Trouble that they can get banned for listen on this Twitter Post. Legacy was hard to earn yea, but Nothing that really help you ingame to Play better or hide better or something else.
    Different to cheats they allready destroy the Gameplay.

• Lowbei
    Lowbei Member Posts: 2,637
    no. sharing save files will get you banned, and nobody should have to tell you that.
  • N3X

@Lowbei said:
    no. sharing save files will get you banned, and nobody should have to tell you that.

You just havent understand the Post. How can you ban People for doing something you allowed in the first place? It like to say, yea you can Play DBD without ban but we ban you anyway because you Play.

• Killigma
    Killigma Member Posts: 372

I can tell you know that you have either misunderstood the Devs comment or are trolling. Saving any save game files with other players is against ToS and will result in a ban if caught. End of.

• N3X

@Killigma said:
    I can tell you know that you have either misunderstood the Devs comment or are trolling. Saving any save game files with other players is against ToS and will result in a ban if caught. End of.

What you can missunderstood on the Twitter post? Dave say it with his own words. "You can try, no bans"
    So no i dont missunderstood it.

• Killigma

@N3X said:

@Killigma said:

What you can missunderstood on the Twitter post? Dave say it with his own words. "You can try, no bans"

I am yet to see any proof that this was said, so up until this proof is given you are making this up. It has been stated more than this one time you claim that it is not allowed.

• N3X
    edited October 2018

@Killigma said:

@N3X said:

@Killigma said:

I am yet to see any proof that this was said, so up until this proof is given you are making this up. It has been stated more than this one time you claim that it is not allowed.

If you would read the Post´s you allready would read it. But for you, here are the proof again just click on the Twitter post ;)

• Lowbei
    edited October 2018
    N3X said:

@Lowbei said:

You just havent understand the Post. How can you ban People for doing something you allowed in the first place? It like to say, yea you can Play DBD without ban but we ban you anyway because you Play.

... ironic that it is you who misunderstand the post. he is talking about your own save, which is why he says its ok to replace your own with your own previous save, because “the save is identified by the user”

it has never been allowed to share save files, and hundreds if not thousands have been banned for it.

feel free to test it if you disagree, but you are required to also make a “######### im banned?!?” thread when it happens, for our entertainment.
  • Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

@N3X said:

@Killigma said:

@N3X said:

@Killigma said:

If you would read the Post´s you allready would read it. But for you, here are the proof again just click on the Twitter post ;)

If you were to read the question, you'd see that the "Nope" is about getting the save file from another player. Furthermore, that was two years ago. Things have changed since then.

• N3X

@Lowbei said:
    N3X said:

@Lowbei said:

... ironic that it is you who misunderstand the post.

it has never been allowed to share save files, and hundreds if not thousands have been banned for it.

feel free to test it if you disagree, but you are required to also make a “######### im banned?!?” thread when it happens, for our entertainment.

No i dont think so ;) My DBD is 100% clean. I never have done something that would make me baned. And the Twitter Post allready Show up that i dont missunderstood something. So i wont give up to talk about it until there is a clean Statement from the Devs. I know it give a lot of Players they just give wrong answers because they dont stuck in this Trouble. But i think it give a lot of Players they are banned atm because of the Twitter post and listen on the Devs in first place.

• Lowbei
    N3X said:

@Lowbei said:
    N3X said:

@Lowbei said:

... ironic that it is you who misunderstand the post.

No i dont think so ;) My DBD is 100% clean. I never have done something that would make me baned. And the Twitter Post allready Show up that i dont missunderstood something. So i wont give up to talk about it until there is a clean Statement from the Devs. I know it give a lot of Players they just give wrong answers because they dont stuck in this Trouble. But i think it give a lot of Players they are banned atm because of the Twitter post and listen on the Devs in first place.

lol so you are not capable of basic logic. k
  • N3X

@Orion said:

@N3X said:

@Killigma said:

@N3X said:

@Killigma said:

If you were to read the question, you'd see that the "Nope" is about getting the save file from another player. Furthermore, that was two years ago. Things have changed since then.

You ignored the "You can try trough, Nothing to stop you, NO BANS

• Killigma

@N3X said:

@Killigma said:

@N3X said:

@Killigma said:

Apologise, I never seen the link.
    If you read the twitter post properly, you will see he says nope to the persons question whether they are able to swap files or not. You have misunderstood the post. And even IF, this was him saying you are allowed to do it, the rules have changed. Two years ago, possibly this was allowed, but that does not matter because NOW it is bannable, that is all that matters.

• Orion

@N3X said:
    You ignored the "You can try trough, Nothing to stop you, >>> NO BANS <<<

I didn't ignore anything. You, however, are ignoring the date of the reply.

• N3X
    edited October 2018

@Orion said:

@N3X said:
    You ignored the "You can try trough, Nothing to stop you, >>> NO BANS <<<

I didn't ignore anything. You, however, are ignoring the date of the reply.

No i dont. Read the Post on Top. I Talking about the time there it was happend. So no, you are just wrong. Sry

• Orion

Yes, you do. Let me try to simplify Dave's reply, so that from this point on, it becomes your choice to misunderstand what he said:
    Q: Can you share your save files with your friends?
    A: No. The save files won't work on different accounts. However, you can try, even though you will fail, and we will not ban you for trying.

This was two years ago. Things have changed since then.

• N3X

@Orion said:
    Yes, you do. Let me try to simplify Dave's reply, so that from this point on, it becomes your choice to misunderstand what he said:
    A: No. The save files won't work on different accounts. However, you can try, even though you will fail, and we will not ban you for trying.

There you typed it down with your own. "We will not ban you for trying" With other words. Try and if it works, we are fine with it.

• Orion

@N3X said:
    There you typed it down with your own. "We will not ban you for trying" With other words. Try and if it works, we are fine with it.

And again, you ignore the fact that things have changed since then.

• Lowbei
    edited October 2018
    N3X said:

@Orion said:

hurry up and try it so we can laugh at your ban then.
  • N3X

@Orion said:

@N3X said:

Ok to explain it for you again. I dont talk about the time now. I talk about the time there it was happend. It give still a lot of Players out there, they are stuck i nthe Trouble that they listend on the Twitter Post and have now to be careful that they dont get banned for listen on it. Is it so hard to understand it? I know that the savegames are now saved on the DBD Servers and it doesnt work at all now. But to this time it have works and People have done it. It have give also a duscussion about it on the Steam Community board with the way how to share the savegame and the Twitter post that it is allowed.

• Lowbei
    N3X said:

@Orion said:

@N3X said:

Ok to explain it for you again. I dont talk about the time now. I talk about the time there it was happend. It give still a lot of Players out there, they are stuck i nthe Trouble that they listend on the Twitter Post and have now to be careful that they dont get banned for listen on it. Is it so hard to understand it? I know that the savegames are now saved on the DBD Servers and it doesnt work at all now. But to this time it have works and People have done it. It have give also a duscussion about it on the Steam Community board with the way how to share the savegame and the Twitter post that it is allowed.

if you look closely at this thread, an official already told you it will get you banned. you have no case.

/thread
  • Orion
    edited October 2018

@N3X said:

@Orion said:

@N3X said:

Why are they worried about it if it was allowed when they did it? The rules don't apply retroactively. The rules changed after they did it, so it won't affect them unless they do it again.

• Lowbei
    You made a thread asking a question, the entire community told you the answer, and you are now arguing with the answer.

derp af
  • N3X

@Orion said:

@N3X said:

@Orion said:

@N3X said:

Why are they worried about it if it was allowed when they did it? The rules don't apply retroactively. The rules changed after they did it, so it won't affect them unless they do it again.

Well, it give stuff that can be happend to this persons.

• Archivments they get unlocked because it was not earnd by them self.
    • Legacy after it was not more available
    • Maybe some more.

Today are all this Points a reason for a permanent ban.

But this persons have done Nothing wrong. They just have done what was Allowed. Legacy was to this time not more available. So they have get it just for Listen on a Dev post. Ist still not ok to ban People for something you allowed in the first place just because of they earnd Legacy stuff with it.

• Lowbei
    Lowbei said:
    You made a thread asking a question, the entire community told you the answer, and you are now arguing with the answer.

derp af

• N3X

@Lowbei said:
    Lowbei said:

derp af

i just ignore you because im sure you haven´t get the Point. What you type is for me Nothing more then a Troll post.

• Lowbei
    N3X said:

@Lowbei said:
    Lowbei said:

derp af

i just ignore you because im sure you haven´t get the Point. What you type is for me Nothing more then a Troll post.

lol ironic that i stated the same thing as the mod above then huh.

i think this question thread has been answered, the OP just didnt like the answer and is now salty about it. derp af

• N3X

@Lowbei said:
    N3X said:

@Lowbei said:

Lowbei said:

derp af

i think this question thread has been answered, the OP just didnt like the answer and is now salty about it. derp af

Sry but i have no answer on it and how you act, where are your parents?

• Lowbei
    edited October 2018
    N3X said:

@Lowbei said:
    N3X said:

@Lowbei said:

Lowbei said:

derp af

Sry but i have no answer on it and how you act, where are your parents?

Vorfidus (an official) told you in the 5th post on this thread, as well as the entire community telling you that youre wrong.

at this point you are only arguing with yourself kiddo. you are welcome for us educating you on this subject. stay in school.
  • not_Queen
    not_Queen Member Posts: 1,114
    edited October 2018

Hello @N3X

What was said 2 years ago is taken out of context and is obsolete information.

If you use someone else's save file you will be banned.
    If you modify your savefile, you will be banned.
    These are the rules.

You have been answered by many members of the Community as well as a Moderator and an ACM.

I am now closing this thread.

This discussion has been closed.