If there was anew game mode, which would you like to see most?

Options
MeltingPenguins
MeltingPenguins Member Posts: 3,742
edited July 2020 in Polls

There's vivid discussions about new game modes that, imho, could all work well in dbd. So, which of these ideas (I'll link back to the threads if there's one on here later) would you really love to see:

1. Murder Mystery (link)
  2. 2 vs 8
  3. games where the gens are not the main objective (like having to get all totems first before you can do gens e.g.)

If there was anew game mode, which would you like to see most? 120 votes

Murder Mystery
17%
BrandovirusFog_KingHertsuFINWalker_of_the_fog_96JonnykivTreSenPainaGothicPrincesscheetocultleaderSketchyPenguinBirdFloxmostlyghostlyAaliyahJustZed32FobboDeanWinchesterusedtoliveonmarssteponmeadirisSithis_000Ultimategamer62k 21 votes
2 vs 8
48%
MrCool75CamoRangerZagridGHERBEARRULESNanglaurMiriamGSpacingLlamas[Deleted User]DimekTheRockstarKnightLeonardo1itaDreskidoitagain_Rullisimusstang62TaigaUistreelshadow3989anonymous31337EliteManny7 58 votes
New Objective Mode
34%
Seiko300liv071981DaDevilsSkirtTrollfarceurCougarOPSneakyNeytrixyobudddBoosted_DwightMrPenguinbutilovepizzahutAvilgusDr_Loomisjonahol2000pichumudkipZoldyarEnderloganYTMattie_MayhemOGMooksPurgatorianHanselpup 41 votes

Comments

• hahadrillgobrrr
    hahadrillgobrrr Member Posts: 953
    Options
    2 vs 8

This sounds awesome! I'd like that and would also like 2v8 mode.

• Hanselpup
    Hanselpup Member Posts: 187
    Options
    New Objective Mode

Having different objectives randomly chosen at the start of each match would be very interesting, and add a whole new layer of randomness, but the game is centered entirely around generators. Almost every single perk, map and killer would have to be changed to make it fair, so it probably won’t happen...

• SCP_FOR_DBD
    SCP_FOR_DBD Member Posts: 2,416
    Options
    2 vs 8

I love all the possible killer combos we could get.

• Wolfy_Thunder
    Wolfy_Thunder Member Posts: 19
    Options
    2 vs 8

2v8 sounds like fun.

I would like the Murder Mystery one, but how would BVR make that happen?

• yobuddd
    yobuddd Member Posts: 2,259
    Options
    New Objective Mode

More of a combo. 2 killers, 10 survivors split into 2 teams, 7 gens specific to each team (untouchable by the others), no hooks. Survivor goal, beat the other team out of the gate. Killer goal, slaughter and extend the match as long as possible for max points.

• Killers slug everyone. Teammates heal them up to keep max gen progress. Can’t heal survivors on opposing team
    • If everyone on a team is slugged (huge points for killers if this happens btw), they all simultaneously pop up injured after 15 seconds.
    • Huge maps, like 2 current ones stitched together.
    • All members of one team must leave before all members of the other to get max escape points. Oh, and team-specific gates.
    • Unique perks and tools for dirty fighting / sabotage between teams.
  • MeltingPenguins
    edited July 2020
    Options

I read that while having the 'bored' scene from Cabin Pressure running... and now I kinda image one killer nagging the survivors for just how long things take <3

Mhnn.... how about a 'rematch' mode with this? Especially for occasions where someone complains that the other side ran OoO/Noed etc.

Like, okay, you think you would have won without them running this or that perk? Meet you outside and we'll settle this.

Post edited by MeltingPenguins on
  • DariusB92
    DariusB92 Member Posts: 122
    Options
    2 vs 8

2v8 sounds exciting but should be more than 5 generators needed repaired. Survivor teams sound exciting. Could even make the team's random too

•  Antares2332
    Antares2332 Member Posts: 1,088
    Options
  • EnderloganYT
    EnderloganYT Member Posts: 621
    Options
    New Objective Mode

2v8 on paper sounds great but in practice would be broken. for example: camping would be so much stronger, since one can camp while the other goes out and hunts. or a deathslinger with anyone. you get hit with the spear, hit by the other killer and then hit by deathslinger before getting off the spear. especially if it's a ghostface. exposed, speared, downed.

and murder mystery just doesn't feel right for dbd

so using process of elimination, that makes the alternate objective the winner. also we really need some other objective to slow down games while not being boring for survivors regardless.

• exf310n
    exf310n Member Posts: 24
    Options
    New Objective Mode

I'd like a completely random mode, where all players start with unknown characters and perks. And it would not allow survive with friends.

• stargazer9
    stargazer9 Member Posts: 649
    Options
    2 vs 8

Game has been out for 4 years and we haven't gotten a new mode yet. At this point, if they only add a casual mode with the same objectives I'd be happy.

• projecteulogy
    projecteulogy Member Posts: 671
    Options

We barely get half decent games now as it is without at least one person in game being an ass, suiciding or DCing lol.. the community is too toxic for any of this in my experience.

• CotJocky
    CotJocky Member Posts: 219
    Options

Something simple... How about a mode with more than 4 perks? 5, 6, 8, 10, whatever. I'm curious how interesting and full sweaty a game could be if the survivors and killer could have more than 4 perks. Might not play out well in real life, but I'm curious none the less.

• MeltingPenguins
    Options

Speaking of it (sorta) there's an interesting psychological effect (forgot what it's called) that (as per dbd) would likely introduce a bit more variety in the perks used if the player could 'save' perk builds to switch through quickly.

• Pawcelot
    Pawcelot Member Posts: 985
    Options
    2 vs 8

I am in the 2v8 group.

• Walker_of_the_fog_96
    Walker_of_the_fog_96 Member Posts: 1,238
    Options
    Murder Mystery

This would be fun with friends.

• Alify
    Alify Member Posts: 347
    Options
    New Objective Mode

2v8 would be just a mess, but new objective sounds kinda interesting

• TotemsCleanser
    TotemsCleanser Member Posts: 617
    Options
    2 vs 8

I would love 2 vs 8 omg. It would be a MESS but then again it would be an arcade mode just for the funsies so yeah

• Rullisi
    Rullisi Member Posts: 392
    edited July 2020
    Options
    2 vs 8

Another idea: One or two players vs killer. No perks, survivors in first person. Darker map that needs flashlight sometimes.

• Brandovirus
    Brandovirus Member Posts: 20
    Options
    Murder Mystery

I love the idea of a mystery. Although i'd love a 2 v 8 the devs said that would split the community even more, making wait times go even longer

• jadss
    jadss Member Posts: 207
    Options
    2 vs 8

2vs8, Looks amazing from a point of view but would need some changes FOR SURE.

• ResidentDoctorMain
    ResidentDoctorMain Member Posts: 51
    Options
    New Objective Mode

Resident Doctor Main here,

I highly second this. You should really ask about it on the suggestions part of the forum. I know I'd upvote. Sincerely,

Resident Doctor Main

• JustZed32
    JustZed32 Member Posts: 213
    Options
    Murder Mystery

There is actually a game... Deceit. You know. Its all about murder mystery. Its actually well-done, so i see no point at doing that rn

• Blue_Archer33
    Blue_Archer33 Member Posts: 318
    edited July 2020
    Options
    New Objective Mode

I vote having new objective modes. Imagine having a type of game mode where maps are made to be incredibly long (imagine a rectangular plan instead of the square-like ones we have). In these long maps, survivors are placed exactly on one end (outside of a gate) and the Killer on the other to guard a key. The Killer must place the key on their far end of the map shortly before the survivors are released, and keep the team from obtaining it. Once one of the survivors have found and stolen the key, that survivor must bring it back to the gates to unlock the exit for their team.

In other words, basically DBD themed Capture The Flag except the Killer is on permanent defense.

• ManyAchievables
    ManyAchievables Member Posts: 667
    Options
    New Objective Mode

Other.

X10 Mode. All perks, addons, offerings and items are multiplied by 10.

To make this not last 2 minutes at maximum, make there be a timer of 10 minutes where nobody can die, but they can be hooked and then the generators start to activate the exit gates after the 10 minutes are up. If the timer wasn't added, then Brand New Parts would make the game-mode completely unfair.

• Seiko300
    Seiko300 Member Posts: 1,862
    Options
    New Objective Mode

Dunno why people have latched on to this 2 v 8 idea for so long, ever since DBD has been a thing in 2016 2 v 8 was suggested, I guess because it would be something new and therefore interesting but I doubt it would really work very well in practice...

Honestly, some kind of "capture the flag" mode I think would work better, similar to the premise of events in the past like the Moonrise event for the Lunar New Year where you had to grab lanterns and hold on to them and escape. I think something that keeps people moving and bouncing all over the map looking for some kind of objective that randomly generates and maybe you deliver them all to one location or several or something not sure. I think I have a more "cops and robbers" kind of fundamental basis for this idea

Of course whatever it would be would be dark, sinister, and Dead By Daylight themed. Maybe the survivors have to construct some kind of altar with ritual objects, or deconstruct an evil representation of the entity or something. Not sure, it is just an idea after all.

• Trollfarceur
    Trollfarceur Member Posts: 33
    Options
    New Objective Mode

I would really like a Prop Hunt (like that: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=950ODEY4t7Q)

I would also like a No perk / no addons / no item mode. This will bring back the everybody is naked feeling and should help with balancing killer's base kit.

• KateDensonMain3331
    KateDensonMain3331 Member Posts: 45
    Options
    New Objective Mode

I think adding different objectives would make the game more fun. Instead of just sitting on a gen you'd have to ensure you're doing other things too

• CougarOP
    CougarOP Member Posts: 6
    Options
    New Objective Mode

Prop hunt.

• Avilgus
    Avilgus Member Posts: 1,261
    Options
    New Objective Mode

A new Objective Mode, the 2vs8 is cool in paper but never gonna work (Hard to balance, conflicts between perks, powers and addons)

• NuKeD
    NuKeD Member Posts: 227
    Options
    2 vs 8

imagine how many varieties of combo, builds and stuff you can do if a "kill with your friends" mode would exist. yeah, that would split up the community, but we have crossplay coming and i'm sure a 2 killer mode would drag more players in the dbd community, ofc, this would take time, since they have to balance and rework some perks to let them be balanced in this mode.

• SneakyNeytrix
    SneakyNeytrix Member Posts: 6
    Options
    New Objective Mode

I honestly should have went with 2 vs 8. Trapper + Pig would be godly

• MeltingPenguins
    Options

question: would that mean traps in front of the jigsaw boxes, or explosive beartraps?

• SneakyNeytrix
    SneakyNeytrix Member Posts: 6
    Options
    New Objective Mode

Mhm! Sorry for the late reply, but yes! If they either stepped in it, or set it off without injuries, notifications happen either way!

• musefan
    musefan Member Posts: 345
    Options
    New Objective Mode

Interested, but my concern with different game modes is that it will make queue times even longer than they already are.

Because there will be a smaller player pool of people wanting to play the same game mode as you.