Is the D-Strike Change Good?

Options
Luigifan64
Luigifan64 Member Posts: 1,110
So I’m on the fence on this one, on one hand, the D-Strike users have to think more logically about if they should use it because it’ll put them in the injured state, but on the other hand, it’s back to the days of 4 non-obsession D-Strikes. What do you guys think? Is the change “good” or should we keep the old D-Strike?

Comments

• Galaxssea
    Galaxssea Member Posts: 6
    Options

Sort of a cop-out answer but time will tell. It will definitely have to be more strategically used, for sure. I imagine the perk will probably drop out of the meta for a while in the lower ranks, but ranks 5-1 will probably still see it frequently.

• Techn0
    Techn0 Member Posts: 405
    Options

@Knights_Hospitallers said:
    I think the change is garbage, and that the perk will now always be used as a 3rd hook/end game crutch.

This. I'd much rather just make it an exhaustion perk so you can't pair it with SB in your build or make it require an item so that I can run Franklins on every killer.

• Luigifan64
    Options
    @weirdkid5 Oh really? I didn’t know that, which stream did she say that on?
  • weirdkid5
    weirdkid5 Member Posts: 2,144
    Options
    She mentioned it on here in one of the threads.
  • Luigifan64
    Options
    weirdkid5 said:
    She mentioned it on here in one of the threads.
    Ok, thanks ^.^
  • DarXide
    DarXide Member Posts: 81
    Options

@weirdkid5 said:
    Not_Queen confirmed on here the DS changes did not go through and that they would be nerfing it in a different way.

Are you able to find the source of the post? I'd like to see it for myself.

• weirdkid5
    weirdkid5 Member Posts: 2,144
    Options

@DarXide said:

@weirdkid5 said:
    Not_Queen confirmed on here the DS changes did not go through and that they would be nerfing it in a different way.

http://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/179/#Comment_179

There ya go buddy

• DarXide
    DarXide Member Posts: 81
    Options

@weirdkid5 said:

@DarXide said:

@weirdkid5 said:

http://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/179/#Comment_179

There ya go buddy

Thanks for finding it!

• Judicar
    Judicar Member Posts: 36
    Options

I think it was fine the way it was. I mean it was a ONE USE perk, how much more limited do you want to make the thing. I do not use it, not now or definitely not later when it's nerfed but it just seemed like such a moronic change just because some killers had bad games against four man SWF teams that all used it. Yes, in a full SWF group I agree it could be maddening but as a guy who gets to rank 1 as a solo player with randumbs every season would typically only see it used by one out of the four every game unless I ended up with 2-3 man SWF.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200
    Options

@Judicar said:
    I think it was fine the way it was. I mean it was a ONE USE perk, how much more limited do you want to make the thing. I do not use it, not now or definitely not later when it's nerfed but it just seemed like such a moronic change just because some killers had bad games against four man SWF teams that all used it. Yes, in a full SWF group I agree it could be maddening but as a guy who gets to rank 1 as a solo player with randumbs every season would typically only see it used by one out of the four every game unless I ended up with 2-3 man SWF.

If you create a perk that everybody can use, then it must be balanced if everybody uses it.
    Clearly you have never played killer against a DS team, I suggest you try and then we talk again, oh and I mean experienced survivors, not rank 20 fools who are caught within 5 sec after DS (if they hit at all) :wink:

• Glossed
    Glossed Member Posts: 49
    Options

I feel like instead of permanent "No mither" I think it should be temporary. Depending on the tier of D-Strike. Maybe like Tier 1 30 Secs/ Tier 2 25 Secs/ Tier 3 20 Seconds I fell like this would be a good idea for D-Strike.

• Nick
    Nick Member Posts: 1,217
    Options

@Glossed said:
    I feel like instead of permanent "No mither" I think it should be temporary. Depending on the tier of D-Strike. Maybe like Tier 1 30 Secs/ Tier 2 25 Secs/ Tier 3 20 Seconds I fell like this would be a good idea for D-Strike.

The change is already a buff and you even want to buff it more, wth!

• Nick
    Nick Member Posts: 1,217
    edited June 2018
    Options

If they change it the way they showed us on stream its 100% (!!!) a buff.

1. You can't miss it since its an activation button, so it removes juggling.
    2. Everyone gets it like an obsession, so 4 people can use it instantly without wiggling
    3. If you keep it for your last hook its a guarenteed 4th hook, making it the best perk. Instead of hooking everyone (3x4 = 12 times) you have to hook everyone (4x4 = 16 times), yes you get the No Mither status. But you should've been DEAD!!! You get rewarded for playing bad, because you went down 3 times you get to live on and maybe even escape... Ridiculous!
  • Jack11803
    Jack11803 Member Posts: 3,930
    Options

They already said they aren’t nerfing it that way, as they saw it as a kinda buff. They’ll nerf it some way else.

• ArcaneMantis
    ArcaneMantis Member Posts: 29
    Options

The way there were thinking about reworking it is awful imo. Not just for the change to just being a button press but moreso with the fact that they cant be healed anymore. Does that not completely negate at the same time Nurses Calling (one of the killers best tracking perks). Killers are bad enough as it is lol.