What is fun about vsing swf?

Options
snozer
snozer Member Posts: 776

I personally find it boring. The moment i see the communication flying i want to just switch off because there is no point.

I can down and hook them all i want, but nothing can stop the gens being done when they evenly spread out and warn each other about where you are going.

The most simple example is this. Chase a survivor off a gen at 80% and they just call over someone to finish it while being chased.

You can't keep them injured as they just organise group heals so gen "pressure" goes out the window as every chase starts from full health

You can't make plays as a killer because they just tell each other what you are doing so what is the point?

I really don't get where the "challenge" is in a stacked game.

And no.. they are NOT overly altruistic like everyone keeps spouting.

Comments

• Heartbound
    Heartbound Member Posts: 3,255
    Options

It is kinda boring. There's no incentive to face them either. I do sometimes because killer queues can be long but meh.

• Lucent
    Lucent Member Posts: 209
    Options

Well. it's always fun killing them. Honestly they have such an advantage, if you kill 1 it's a win in my mind.

• Susinagi
    Susinagi Member Posts: 21
    Options

yea it does give high satisfaction but the problem is. Most swfs use tools outside of the game to "be better" (discord is a tool) they really need to either add VOIP in the game or do something about the VOIP usage as it gives a really unfair advantage to SWFS who already have a huge advantage.

• kaeru
    kaeru Member Posts: 1,568
    Options

Swf have downsides as Otzdarva once noticed.

• They are overaltuistic, you can expect their flashlight and pallet saves so you not waste time looking for immersive survivors.
    • If you trick one survivor you trick the whole team because he will give fake information to his team.

But of course you have to be expirienced as Otz to have this benefits.

I most often lose to swf because of my wrong mindset that they are stronger than me. So my hands start shaking and I rush and make a lot of stupid mistakes. But it is not boring. Just frustrating.

• Dead_by_Gadfly
    Dead_by_Gadfly Member Posts: 3,772
    Options

Ive beaten good teams, its incredibily rewarding. Hell even ganking 2 of them feels pretty good

• snozer
    edited July 2020
    Options

I am all for them making solo stronger by making aura perks baseline and adding a quick chat option with common phrases

"I am being chased!"

"i am not being chased!"

"barn"

"shack"

etc

Identity v does it and it works great.

The killer nerfs have made it clear they are not going to do anything. Even tho they promised a year ago that they would buff solo and all we got was a buff to a perk (literally useless as swf take all meta perks with no need for aura perks)

• Seiji212
    Seiji212 Member Posts: 183
    Options

The only fun I find in it is locating the weak link and absolutely demolishing them, showing as little mercy as they planned to show me. There’s always a weak link and it’s usually the one carrying the toolbox dressed for immersion. As an added bonus, it’s much easier to take down the team loopers when they’re desperate to save their friend. This makes me decidedly not nice, but neither are bully squads so... yeah. More often than not it seems to be just an average group of friends trying to just play together and if I get that impression I back off a bit and switch to normal play mode.

• snozer
    Options

I have never had a swf fall for for a fake pick up....

There is something wrong with the survivors streamers get. they could be fanboys or the area they live in just has potatoes, i have no idea. But I find myself just shaking my head at some of the stupidity i see from survivors on their streams..

• Raven014
    Raven014 Member Posts: 4,188
    Options

They'd never be able to do that because of the Xbox and Playstation party systems.

• Raven014
    Options

That is how you deal with them, just make it as miserable as possible for them. If they want to be sweaty, I will make them be sweaty.

• snozer
    Options

you know its a sweat squad when you see the same thing every hook 2 survivors working on the furthers possible gens with one missing in bbq range ready for the hook.

If you waste time looking for the guy trying to rescue then you lose 2 gens. If you go for one of the gen rushers, the guy on hook gets saved and they double team a gen in 40 seconds and... you lose 2 gens.

• Swiftblade131
    Swiftblade131 Member Posts: 2,050
    Options

When you play casually and they are sweating yet you still 4k them.

And they are mad about it.

That's the best part.

• snozer
    Options

Weirdly i find legion works well against some swf as they give up healing lol.

• Seiji212
    Seiji212 Member Posts: 183
    Options

Yup. It’s why I love agitation. I’ll carry my victim to the furthest gens to make it harder. It works out in my favor sometimes. Not a lot but enough that I slap it on if I suspect inbound sweat Swfs.

• Raven014
    Options

Yeah, you would be surprised what the right Legion player can do. They can absolutely punish mistakes if survivors make the right ones. Jaee is a good example of this, and I would like to think I am a decent Legion player as well.

• Nanglaur
    Nanglaur Member Posts: 124
    edited July 2020
    Options

They are challenge, and they usually mess up hard so its fun to outplay them

• Gylfie
    Gylfie Member Posts: 624
    Options

Although sometimes people wrongly assume they played against a SWF when I was in fact playing solo. So then I say I'm solo and the killer goes "yeah, right". ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• gibblywibblywoo
    gibblywibblywoo Member Posts: 3,772
    Options

About 2% if swf players are doing it maliciously or to troll killers. Might come as a shock but all games are more fun with friends

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,658
    Options

Personally I love the challenge of it all. When I'm trying to prove that Pyramid Head is viable in red ranks then I kinda need to face the SWF else nobody will believe me so there's that too.

Of course a lot of them in a row gets very frustrating but crushing them beneath me is pretty damn entertaining.

• Dead_by_Gadfly
    Dead_by_Gadfly Member Posts: 3,772
    Options

I have had them fall for fake pick ups 🤷‍♂️

I think whats probably happening is youve faced swf that played poorly and didnt realize they were swf

• nesseychomp
    nesseychomp Member Posts: 7
    edited July 2020
    Options

I usually play as swf just cause i have alot more fun playing with others. I prioritize fun over winning cause honestly i can win 10 games in a row but that doesnt mean i had fun playing any of those games. My swf usually its either 4 people fighting to get chased by the killer or 3 people with one doing gens. Either way we all just enjoy getting chased by the killer and watch someone get chased and talk ######### when said person getting chased messes up.

• KissingxToast
    KissingxToast Member Posts: 30
    Options

I play SWF just because it's more fun than solo and dying on first hook a lot. Tbh, I wish my friends and I were as coordinated as some of these posts seems to suggest all SWF are because we mostly just screw up and laugh about it. xD

My point is not all SWF are looking to give you a bad experience or are sweaty. Keep that in mind :)

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,496
    Options

Generally nothing.

Occasionally you get the group goofing around and it's fun, but the majority of the time it just means you'll be sweating from a little more to a lot more depending on the group.

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814
    Options

What's fun about SWF? Nothing, now that you cannot change your killer. It's either hope they aren't super sweaty (which overt SWF's almost always are), get bulldozed, or dodge the lobby entirely. You used to be able to switch your full build up in preparation, bringing along an adequate level of strength to deal with a party, but now you can only change perks and add-ons. Easily the biggest issue I have with implementing the lock BEFORE YOU IMPLIMENT THE STUPID MMR SYSTEM. WELL ######### DONE. VERY THOUGHT OUT.

• mentalpopcorn
    mentalpopcorn Member Posts: 181
    edited July 2020
    Options

I'll start this off by saying I hate sfw. I camp sfw pretty hard just to abuse the fact that they will almost never let a teammate go. Sfw needs to be removed from ranked and placed in a normal mode.

However, if you want to deal with their gen rushing take surveillance and hex ruin. You chase one survivor off the gen, ruin and surveillance activates, gen is white. As soon as it turns yellow you drop the chase on the current survivor go back and surprise the survivor on gen. This is a really easy way to get hits for a while because most idiot sfw expect you to tunnel (though it only works for so long before they catch on to it)

Surveillance and ruin is a good combo in general. You can see exactly when they stop working on a gen because of ruin making surveillance work. You know when to go to the gen and when to peel away and look for the survivor who either ran or hid

If you're an sfw player and you get face camper, you have no right to complain. sfw is easy mode and you deserve punishment for it every few games.

• mentalpopcorn
    Options

Maybe above rank 10, but from rank 1-8 you find a lot of SFW and they're generally all toxic garbage who like to spam tbag, wait at exit gates, and make it their job to do everything toxic. Then if they even come close to being outplayed they DC. From my experience almost every SFW player is a piece of #########

• Sinister0208
    Sinister0208 Member Posts: 253
    Options

Wouldn't say fun, but its satisfying to win against them.

• DustoTheOne
    DustoTheOne Member Posts: 43
    Options

SWF is the WEAKEST thing anyone can do and it's soooooooo extra lame to play the game like that!!! Listen to the devs talk when the game first came out the whole challenging part of the game as a survivor was that u had to depend on randoms to make it. And if you wanna play a boring game like swf in DBD just go play Fortnite cuz you people are the reason dead by daylight has the most toxic community in the world!!!! You gonna tell me I get 2 kills and y'all are working together and then y'all are still salty?!?!? #########?!?! You suck at life if you play DBD with coms plain and simple!!!

• KissingxToast
    KissingxToast Member Posts: 30
    Options

I'm sorry it's like that and I don't really care if I pip or rank or whatever. Its a game and I just want to have a good time. I'm not looking to ruin anyone else's. I'm competitive but if it gets to the point where I'm playing like I think I'm trying to go pro (lol) it's time for me to switch games. Real life is challenging enough >.<

• a_good_player
    a_good_player Member Posts: 194
    Options

all i can read is "i only enjoy killer when i easily win"

• BubbaMain64
    BubbaMain64 Member Posts: 546
    Options

Killing them and the salt. Red rank survs have absolutely no sportsmanship. Pair that with the advantage of swf, I'd probably be upset too.

• mentalpopcorn
    Options

I'm perfectly fine with all survivors escaping. It sucks, sure. But getting outplayed is fine. My issue is with the survivors who sit and wait at an exit gate tbagging. Or the survivor who doesn't leave just to hide in a locker and use head on when you come near it. There are so many survivors that make it their job to just ruin any sort of fun found in the game. In higher ranks there's literally no such thing as survivors winning humbly

• mentalpopcorn
    Options
  • mentalpopcorn
    Options

That's really cool actually. My problem lies with the people who get super sweaty on sfw. Voice chat Is inherently unfair when you're trying that hard to win because survivors have access to information they literally shouldn't have.

I'd literally rather deal with someone using wall hacks in an fps than a sweaty sfw party

• Paces007
    Paces007 Member Posts: 32
    edited July 2020
    Options

Nothing, i either bring an ebony and the most OP addons or dodge the lobby.

• Skywclu
    Skywclu Member Posts: 43
    Options

There is no way the survivors would even know who they're going against till the end (unless they are streaming), so they can't be "fanboys"

• evil_one_74
    evil_one_74 Member Posts: 312
    Options

What do you killers say all the time? Oh yeah! " deal with it ", " get good ", " it's part of the game ", ect...

• evil_one_74
    evil_one_74 Member Posts: 312
    Options

Before y'all start throwing a fit,, I do play killer, and I'm fine with swf. You win some. You lose some.

• MrsGhostface
    MrsGhostface Member Posts: 987
    Options

I find playing against swf to be a challenge, sometimes pleasant but sometimes it’s horrible. If it’s not a swf, it’s easy mode.

• hillbillyclaudmain69
    hillbillyclaudmain69 Member Posts: 1,528
    Options

I find it easy, but then again, I pretty much only play spirit now so there's that. I personally think swf isn't that bad. Most of the time, there's an object going clicky with a flashlight. Ignore them. They are the chaser. Go for the ones on gens. Those guys are usually the weak links.

• DCash
    DCash Member Posts: 170
    Options

You need to match their pressure. Just going from one chase to the next is not enough pressure. You need to slug them. Give them no choice but get off the gen. If you think that's unfair or unfun.....so is what they are doing. So I say slug'em all. If you know they are swooping in to finish gens, slug the person you are chasing and go back to the gen. The others will have to get off their gens and save. Hook the next person while they are saving the slug. Keep this pressure up and they will stall out, gens will stop being worked on. The fact is you will never win if you play fair for 12 hooks in a stacked game.

• CashelP14
    CashelP14 Member Posts: 5,564
    Options

Easiest question I've had to answer all week lol

• Won't hide in the corner the whole game.
    • People to talk to (I love to talk).
    • Know how to loop.
    • Know when exactly to rush gens, while also not creating a 3 gen.
    • Reliable help against campers/tunnellers.
    • Can play fun meme builds.
    • While levelling survivors they might give you free items.
    • Help me with challenges.
    • Drinking weekends (the best reason to play swf).
    • Know their perks.
    • Can give some useful information.
    • Build up friendship that can transfer over to other games.

Think I'm missing about 10 but this is my initial thoughts. Hope that explains things.

• Nicolethetrans
    Nicolethetrans Member Posts: 6
    Options

Oi Me and my friends range from rank 4 to 16 and were all toxic its fun to play with friends and have the killer dc sometimes

• mentalpopcorn
    Options

So you have a good time solely with the idea that you're making someone else's time miserable? Not just playing the game to win but expressly to annoy the killer? You're actually a piece of #########.

• Nicolethetrans
    Nicolethetrans Member Posts: 6
    Options

We like to win but it gets boring having people dc don't get old as fast

• Johnny_XMan
    Johnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,424
    Options

Because I like a challenge.