Can Survivors have a Killer-Specific MMR too?

Nos37
Nos37 Member Posts: 4,142

Currently, as Survivor, if I'm good against one killer and bad against another, my MMR doesn't account for that.

I could have several matches of beating a Trapper, but my MMR isn't just increased against Trapper; it's increased against all killers. Then, instead of the system pitting me against a stronger Trapper, I'm now matched with a stronger Freddy and destroyed.

Can Survivors have their MMR be on a per-killer basis as well? Would this be too many moving parts? Would this be another tool to help the devs see which killers need adjusting?

Best Answers

Answers

• vogit10102
    vogit10102 Member Posts: 225

This way freddy will need about 40-50 to find a game

• Nos37
    Nos37 Member Posts: 4,142
    edited July 2020

If that were the case, what would that say about him? Should he stay the way he is, then?

• Spirez
    Spirez Member Posts: 674

I think the matchmaking would take extremely long if this was the case.

For example. Not many people play the clown or the plague. Imagine the very few people that DO play and main these killers. Their MMR would be high if they keep on doing well. However, how many survivors would actually go against a plague or clown enough times and actually do well enough that their MMR would match the killers. Now what are the chances that the clown and plague with high MMR are playing the game at the same exact time as other survivors with with the same MMR against clown or plague AND are in the same region for the servers AND are searching for a game within the same 20 minute window(at most). I’m assuming after a while of searching the matchmaking would just fill the game with randoms and we would get the issue of rainbow ranks again making the matchmaking take long and not do what is expected from a shortage of correctly ranked players.

This could work IF Dbd a million players playing at once but that is not the case.

• F60_31
    F60_31 Member Posts: 124

This makes no sense.

• Funcle1983
    Funcle1983 Member Posts: 78

I agree it sounds crazy, but...with the current matchmaking (especially on Xbox right now) it's a mess trying to play as survivor. Games are an absolute rainbow mix of ranks and before you know it half of the team is on death hook and there's still 4 gens remaining basically ending the game for the 2 remaining survivors. I LOVE the idea for killer as it allows for someone trying to learn a killer to not get absolutely destroyed by survivors if they're playing at high level, but as of now it doesn't translate to the survivor side. I look forward to seeing what BHVR does with this and the ranking system as a whole moving forward.

• DrDeepwound
    DrDeepwound Member Posts: 2,557

Ways to Increase Lobby Wait Times for $100 Alex