cooldowns are going out of hand? Why does Surge has a cooldown?

I feel like DbD is getting to many cooldowns. Cooldowns are really not fun.

I really have no Idea why Surge has a cooldown, if you are skilled enough to down survivors fast (or survivors to stupid to split away) you should still get the full reward of surge. The cooldown is a big reason why I never run this perk

Comments

• BubbaMain64
    BubbaMain64 Member Posts: 546
    edited July 2020

Because BHVR clings to design choices that worked before.

I'd also like to add that the basic attack requirement should be removed so you can use on killers with an actual power.

• Waffleyumboy
    Waffleyumboy Member Posts: 7,318

There's a max of 5 cooldowns to keep track of. If you can't keep track of 5 cooldowns then you can always play other perks or killers.

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,180
    edited July 2020

Think about how powerful Surge would be without a cooldown against rank 15s who play twice a month. There's your answer. They've been on a warpath to balance around the absolute lowest common denominator for over a year now. But it's weird because Infectious Fright has no cooldown yet it's insanely powerful on certain killers. Not trying to give them ideas, but they're certainly scattershot and arbitrary with perk design. I don't think they're as organized as we think they are.

• 28_stabs
    28_stabs Member Posts: 1,470

Its because of the last 3 gens, to allow survivors survive it. :^)

• BigTimeGamer
    BigTimeGamer Member Posts: 1,752

they can be annoying bits it’s not as bad as the basic attack requirement trend

legion was fun to me once, now I have to run EndFury to keep chases relatively short and build pressure against strong teams

• Waffleyumboy
    Waffleyumboy Member Posts: 7,318

How do you know who they're balancing around? Like you said, IF and BBQ are devastating against low ranks but the devs leave them unchanged. I think they're being careful with surge because of how different each map is from each other.

• bjorksnas
    bjorksnas Member Posts: 5,465

Max of 7 counting perks that the effect is the cooldown (dark devotion, make your choice)

• NekoGamerX
    NekoGamerX Member Posts: 5,277

i think it fine with a cooldown but i never use it anyways think pop is a lot better.

• Enlyne
    Enlyne Member Posts: 429

Don't mean to throw shade, but there's no way surge would be even remotely good without cooldown, its range is barebones and the times I used the perk I always downed people away from gens with any progress OR they were close but didn't quite get the surge proc, therefore no, it wouldn't even be powerful.

• LethalPugy
    LethalPugy Member Posts: 493

How about a cool down to the loading bar?

• supersonic853
    supersonic853 Member Posts: 5,484

You know how much it sucks to see my rank 15 friends getting killed by a infectious oni just boosting around to each of them. Think its way more powerful than surge.

• Simonete
    Simonete Member Posts: 12

Surge does 8% damage and then starts regressing, and with its small range its really not enough to justify a cooldown. I agree it shouldn't have a cooldown. Try to avoid 3 gens or just rush the gens

• Withered8
    Withered8 Member Posts: 1,241

This is a weird thought but:

Have you noticed that all new perks, new killers and killers reworks have cool downs and multiple charges for their power? Just look at nurse, billy, bubba, doctor, thrilling, surge. I don’t think it’s intended to make killers weak but in a way to give everything a cool down and multiple charges whether it’s shoot or long. I would have no idea however why this would the case tho. Just a random thought.

• LowSpecGamersMatter
    LowSpecGamersMatter Member Posts: 485

oh yeah forgot about that, another reason why I hate this perk to use. It has not enough value.

• LowSpecGamersMatter
    LowSpecGamersMatter Member Posts: 485

rank 15 dont even have the balls to stay on gens, as soon as they hear heatbead they run away. lame excuse.