The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Which character(s) would you love to see in the next Rift?

I thought it could be fun to discuss which characters you'd love to see featured in the next rifts. So which characters you'd be most interested in finding out their lore.

Do feel free to mention what type of outfits you'd want to see for said featured characters.

Keep in mind: only original characters can be featured in the rift.

Most of my mains have already been featured in the pass, but I'd really love to see Feng Min, Zarina Kassir, Jeff Johanssen, The Plague, The Oni and The Nurse.

I'd be most excited for The Nurse Γ nd The Plague because both have very interesting (and tragic) backstories and I'd love to know more about both.

Comments

• Volfawott
    Volfawott Member Posts: 3,893

Survivors

Feng Min - I'd really like to see some backstory between her relationship with her parents there's a lot that can be done with it. Especially when you can say that the conflict between them was bad enough that she completely alienated them with the exception of holidays and they saw her as the black sheep of the family even though she was the only child. Also considering they were figures that played a part in her anxiety of letting people down along with her fans despite whatever prior conflict they had is interesting. Lastly as for the cosmetic we'll get you have a lot more options without just having it be LOL Min gets gaming themed outfit.

Adam- in terms of outside story very little we actually know about him all we really know about him he is dead he moved to Japan for a job, learnt very basic Japanese then got into a train wreck. As for his story I could definitely see them doing a story about him adjusting to life in Japan getting used to the different culture and the problems that could cause. Gives a good chance to even give him a Japanese themed cosmetic or a cosmetic more linked to his roots

Killers.

Hillbilly- honestly I want to see you more expanded story of him first breaking out of his confined prison. Finding out how he broke out what he did after killing his family would be something very interesting especially when you consider we find out that he killed one of the intruders to his farm by the decapitating them with a shovel.

Deathslinger- I know he's one of the newer killers but I think it would be really fun to have a lore entry about him going off for one of his bounties. Or telling the story of how he managed to injure his leg in what fight was the cause of that.

Bonus

Legion- Joey- honestly he's my favourite member of the legion and we getting very little love from him in the cosmetic department and in the story department outside of him being impulsive and eager to impress and him also being bad with keeping a job we know next to absolutely nothing about him. Considering we recently got Julie's I doubt we'll see anything from him until most of the other Killers are done however I have a lot of problems with Julie's story and how I feel like it might reflect on the other Legion members story if they decide to do archives about them but that's a discussion for another thread.

• HeyAssButt
    HeyAssButt Member Posts: 35

I’d love to see something for Jeff. I relate with a lot of his backstory, so it’d be awesome to see it expanded. Same goes for Feng.

• Buttercake
    Buttercake Member Posts: 1,652

Nea and Adam are my 2 mains. It would be so cool if they shared a rift. πŸŽ‰

• ShadowRain
    ShadowRain Member Posts: 607

Nurse/Plague/Zarina

• piterOOO
    piterOOO Member Posts: 5

Jeff and Deathslinger

• IIITweedleIII
    IIITweedleIII Member Posts: 934
    edited July 2020

They really missed the mark with the Greek Gods idea. Jeff should have been Zues at first thought. That long lush hair and magnificent beard of his.

• Volfawott

I still think Zeus would make more sense with doctor for obvious reasons

• IIITweedleIII

For the lightning sure. But imagine Zues being that ugly and monstrous πŸ˜–

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,707
    edited July 2020

I fear the rift that will feature the Nurse because that will definitely be be one I won’t get all challenges completed.

• Volfawott

In all technicality he was known for transformations mostly to hide the fact that he was galavanting off humans

• IIITweedleIII

Indeed, which meant he wasn't monstrous and had to be attractive so that he got laid .. or I mean Galavant'd by beautiful women.

• rottmeister
    rottmeister Member Posts: 316

I'm seeing quite a few names recurring which is interesting. So far Jeff and Nurse are the most popular.

Now how about a general theme?

The previous archives are the following:

Awakening: Trapper & Claudette

Reckoning: Spirit, Jane, David & Doctor

Escalation: Legion (Julie), Huntress, Kate & Dwight

Conviction: Meg, Ace, Hag & Wraith

Which characters could we put together to form 1 general theme and what theme would that be?

• rottmeister

Maybe something along the lines of:

Dead By Daylight Archives: Recognition

Featuring: The Nurse, Jeff, Nea and The Deathslinger

• Volfawott
    edited July 2020

Control- Min, Adam, Hillbilly and Deathslinger.

Possible description- As people we all fight with the idea of control. To control our lives we go through many trials and tribulations, we cut away from things railroad our lives. Those who try to keep us trapped in our fates, people who want to control the path we go down as well as those who who stands between us and retribution.

But as many find out it's when you have the most control over our lives that we begin to lose ourselves in our own desires whether it be our ambition or our own vengeance. What fail to realise is that control is a double-edged sword. When we have complete control we also allow control to the corrupting urges that lie within.

Min- One Fading Dream

Deathslinger- Served Cold

Hillbilly- Taste of Light

Adam - A New Life

Post edited by Volfawott on
  • Pawcelot
    Pawcelot Member Posts: 985

Clown and/or Deathslinger.

• Rhe2veja
    Rhe2veja Member Posts: 63

Clown and Jake

• Dr_Loomis
    Dr_Loomis Member Posts: 3,703
    edited July 2020

I'm not that interested with all this pass business, but given the choice I would like to see Clown. I haven't got any other preferences.

• coppersly
    coppersly Member Posts: 2,318

I would love to see one for Nurse. We could finally explore her lore more and I pray it comes with a dedicated bug fix patch for her, and if I sold my soul to the Entity we might even get a revision to her (not good imo) rework that at least addresses QoL issues with it if nothing else.

• ManyAchievables
    ManyAchievables Member Posts: 667
    edited July 2020

Jeff, Jeff, Jeff and Jeff.

I just want Jeff.

In all honesty, Jeff, Adam, Ghostface (if they can work that out, if not, then Clown) and Oni.

• Bigyo369
    Bigyo369 Member Posts: 78
    edited July 2020

Jeff an Zarina would be interesting, from killers maybe Nurse, or if they could talk with konami about the Pyramid Head's lore, some which is unique and wasn't in the silent hill games/movies, that would be great.

• SketchyPenguin
    SketchyPenguin Member Posts: 141

I'd love to see Feng, Yui and Adam and on the Killer Side Plague, Nurse and Oni

• rottmeister

Oh I really like this!

Very creative πŸ˜€

Any idea on the cosmetics for them?

• DragonMasterDarren
    DragonMasterDarren Member Posts: 2,804

Jake, Feng, Deathslinger and Plague

• Volfawott

Adam- Jamaican or Japanese style outfit. Highlight his new environment or roots.

Min- Honestly a gothic Outfit for Min would be amazing something like this

As for the killer..... even as a killer main I have no clue

• cenoflame
    cenoflame Member Posts: 320

Clown. Also, I don't think Tapp gets enough love.