The hypocrisy of DBD devs

so here we go again eh...

dev's immediately fix an exploit which makes the clown move faster while stacking two add on's, which BTW I agree with and they SHOULD have fixed, this has however been in the game for a very short time and was fixed in comparison to gen tapping, which is also an exploit but has never been fixed and in actual fact the devs have said is fine.

funny how it's one rule for the killer players and an entirely different rule for survivor players.

before anyone says it, no this isn't hyper bowl, this has happened many times before where they have immediately changed things on the killers end and let things stay for ages on the survivors end.

basically, please start treating your player base with equality and remove gen tapping from the game the same as you removed sped up clown.

that is all.

Comments

• Might_Oakk
    Might_Oakk Member Posts: 1,243

Nothing worse then playing Myers and trying to grab a gen tapper!

• TheDarkLycan
    TheDarkLycan Member Posts: 435

gen tapping?

• DeadByFlashlight
    DeadByFlashlight Member Posts: 1,642

@Spicybarbecue said:
    so here we go again eh...

dev's immediately fix an exploit which makes the clown move faster while stacking two add on's, which BTW I agree with and they SHOULD have fixed, this has however been in the game for a very short time and was fixed in comparison to gen tapping, which is also an exploit but has never been fixed and in actual fact the devs have said is fine.

funny how it's one rule for the killer players and an entirely different rule for survivor players.

before anyone says it, no this isn't hyper bowl, this has happened many times before where they have immediately changed things on the killers end and let things stay for ages on the survivors end.

basically, please start treating your player base with equality and remove gen tapping from the game the same as you removed sped up clown.

that is all.

killers = 20% of the cashcows
    survivors = 80% of the cashcows

As long as the minority doesnt strike, there is no reason not to cater towards teh majority of the cashcows.

quick maffs :wink:

• DeadByFlashlight
    DeadByFlashlight Member Posts: 1,642

@ShrimpTwiggs said:
    As long as dribbling to avoid Decisive Strike isn't considered an exploit, then neither is gentapping.

It is, it was fixed now that you can lose DS while dribbling

• ShrimpTwiggs
    ShrimpTwiggs Member Posts: 1,181

@DeadByFlashlight said:

@ShrimpTwiggs said:
    As long as dribbling to avoid Decisive Strike isn't considered an exploit, then neither is gentapping.

It is, it was fixed now that you can lose DS while dribbling

They don't lose it. Dribbling is where the killer picks up a survivor and drops them repeatedly on their way to a hook. If the killer is close enough, the survivor won't have a chance to use DS. I think you're thinking of the killer swinging just as a survivor hits the decisive strike skillcheck.

• ACEvHEARTS
    ACEvHEARTS Member Posts: 403

@FrenziedRoach said:
    Ahem Dribbling survivors is okay too.

And it's spelled Hyperbole, not Hyper Bowl.

"Hyper bowl" also isn't even how the word is pronounced...haha.

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223

If the game required you to spend 1 second repairing to start to get progress gen tapping wouldn't be a thing. It shouldn't be a thing, but it is apparently.

Moving faster as the killer though is clearly an exploit and shouldn't be in the game. Gen tapping doesn't make gens go faster, it just avoids skill checks.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095

@thesuicidefox said:
    If the game required you to spend 1 second repairing to start to get progress gen tapping wouldn't be a thing. It shouldn't be a thing, but it is apparently.

Moving faster as the killer though is clearly an exploit and shouldn't be in the game. Gen tapping doesn't make gens go faster, it just avoids skill checks.

Survivors should be animation locked to start to repair, just like the killer is animation locked, when he kicks a gen.

• @SenzuDuck said:
    Gen Tapping & Dribbling the player to a hook to avoid dstrike are both fine, I bet you'd be livid if they removed the dribbling to avoid dstrike.

I would only be livid if they did that before Dstrike nerf and gen tapping fix

• HellDescent
    HellDescent Member Posts: 4,883

The funny thing is how they mark every single support ticket as "solved" within a few hours. The next game after it's been "solved" you encounter the same issue...on and on for years. And when the patches come out they contain patched things from the previous patches.

• TheBean
    TheBean Member Posts: 2,320

Gen tapping allows other survivors see who the nub teammates are on their side.

• Oblitiry
    Oblitiry Member Posts: 487
    So many complaints about gen tapping yet there are none about the skill check release bypass hmmmm.
  • Seanzu
    Seanzu Member Posts: 7,526

@NextKillerSpongebob said:

@SenzuDuck said:
    Gen Tapping & Dribbling the player to a hook to avoid dstrike are both fine, I bet you'd be livid if they removed the dribbling to avoid dstrike.

There wont be a gen tapping fix as it's intentional.

• Someissues
    Someissues Member Posts: 1,604

Stop complaining about gen tapping, like are you serious?

it takes longer to do them, and good survivors at rank 1 literally ignore ruin and stills do the gen, hitting every skill check

• Nightmare247
    Nightmare247 Member Posts: 187

Look, I am a killer main. I love playing the killer. BUT POSTS LIKE THIS MAKE ALL THE GOOD/GREAT KILLERS LOOK LIKE TRASH BECAUSE YOU CANNOT PLAY THE GAME.

I am sorry, but gen tapping is not an exploit. If you think it is, you are playing the wrong game. I bet you are a killer who thinks DStike is the worst thing in the world. Is it unpleasant, yes, but dribbling someone to the hook because you can not outplay them is not a bad design, but a bad player!

So while you will have this community talking about it the only real response is "GIT GUD" because gen tapping won't prevent you from winning. Failing to improve and become a better player overall will. So quit whining and trying to make the game easier for terrible killers and elevate your gameplay instead.

• Dreamnomad
    Dreamnomad Member Posts: 3,862

@Nightmare247 said:
    Is it unpleasant, yes, but dribbling someone to the hook because you can not outplay them is not a bad design, but a bad player!

I would argue that if you know someone has decisive strike and you down them 10 meters from a hook and you don't dribble the player to the hook, that you are a bad killer. Giving the other players working on generators an extra 30 - 60 seconds while you run down a decisive strike user that could have been hooked is just bad strategy. But as is always the case, play the game the way you like. If you want to give the DS survivor every opportunity to use DS before hooking, go right ahead.

• AnotherRandy
    AnotherRandy Member Posts: 274
    About gentapping: as Killer u should be glad to get someone who's gentapping a whole gen, this takes longer as rushing by missing ruin great skillchecks
  • AnotherRandy
    TheBean said:

Try hitting ruin skillchecks at 30 fps and say that again. Some people just avoid skillchecks cuz the performance in this game is a ######### and they can't run 60 fps
  • only1biggs
    only1biggs Member Posts: 1,178

It might well be an exploit, but it causes no problems for me as a killer. If one person is on a gen and tapping it, it takes longer. If more than one are on a single gen and tapping, then I have multiple survivors to down in one zone and only one gen being worked on. Ez

• AgentTalon
    AgentTalon Member Posts: 331

Newb here, what is gen tapping? And what is it's point?

• Nightmare247
    Nightmare247 Member Posts: 187

@Dreamnomad said:

I would argue that if you know someone has decisive strike and you down them 10 meters from a hook and you don't dribble the player to the hook, that you are a bad killer. Giving the other players working on generators an extra 30 - 60 seconds while you run down a decisive strike user that could have been hooked is just bad strategy. But as is always the case, play the game the way you like. If you want to give the DS survivor every opportunity to use DS before hooking, go right ahead.

You could also just leave them on the ground and put pressure elsewhere. However, you and I can definitely agree that you should play this game how you want not how others want you to play.

• MegaWaffle
    MegaWaffle Member Posts: 4,172

@AnotherRandy said:
    TheBean said:

Try hitting ruin skillchecks at 30 fps and say that again. Some people just avoid skillchecks cuz the performance in this game is a ######### and they can't run 60 fps

So long as you don't get Doctor or lag spikes its not hard to hit Hex skill checks. I play PS4 and don't bother hunting for Ruin. It takes practice at first but becomes almost second nature after that.

• TheBean
    TheBean Member Posts: 2,320
    edited September 2018

@AnotherRandy said:

Are you cereal? lol... I don't get 60 fps... I get about 40 if im lucky... I have no problem hitting them. Perhaps stop playing on a potato. There should be no issues hitting those skill checks on 30 fps. Skill checks are all client side.

All I can say is.. When I play survivor, which I do mostly, and I see survivors in the high ranks gen tapping... They suck at skill checks, which are pretty easy to hit with practice. They aren't doing it because of 30 fps.. If that is the excuse they must be only getting 10 fps, and it isn't my fault they are playing on a potato.

Gen tapping is what noob survivors do.

They are doing it because they can't hit great skill checks and/or, want to bypass ruin and lullaby.

Not talking about consoles either... PCs. I don't know how anyone plays on consoles.

• purebalance
    purebalance Member Posts: 661

@ShrimpTwiggs said:

@ShrimpTwiggs said:

Except dribbling ends up taking a ridiculous amount of time which is a commodity in this game. Gen tapping saves time immensely in comparison and costs none.

• purebalance

@MegaWaffle said:

@AnotherRandy said:
    TheBean said:

So long as you don't get Doctor or lag spikes its not hard to hit Hex skill checks. I play PS4 and don't bother hunting for Ruin. It takes practice at first but becomes almost second nature after that.

I mostly hunt the totem because I'm pretty good at finding it and usually my teammates are ######### at hitting the skill checks but refuse to stop and look.

• purebalance

@Nickeh said:
    Ruin is designed to make gens take longer to complete... gen tapping takes longer than working on a gen normally. I don't and still will probably never see the problem here.

It barely adds time compared to dribbling. Getting off and on a gen is nowhere near the time of dropping and picking up a survivor several times.

• ShrimpTwiggs

@purebalance said:

@ShrimpTwiggs said:

@ShrimpTwiggs said:

Except dribbling ends up taking a ridiculous amount of time which is a commodity in this game. Gen tapping saves time immensely in comparison and costs none.

Gentapping still slows down gens considerably. Saying it saves time depends on what you compare it to since experienced players will just hit the great skill checks, which is much faster then tapping. Both tapping and dribbling almost negate the perk associated with them and neither of them are exploits. One being stronger then the other doesn't make it an exploit.

• purebalance

@ShrimpTwiggs said:

@purebalance said:

@ShrimpTwiggs said:

@ShrimpTwiggs said:

Gentapping still slows down gens considerably. Saying it saves time depends on what you compare it to since experienced players will just hit the great skill checks, which is much faster then tapping. Both tapping and dribbling almost negate the perk associated with them and neither of them are exploits. One being stronger then the other doesn't make it an exploit.

Gen tapping does not cost any considerable time. There is VERY little delay between stopping and starting. Once again nowhere near the actual seconds between pickup and drop. Gen tapping pretty much all but negates hex whereas dribbling you need to be pretty much at a hook to make it worth using.

• Global
    Global Member Posts: 770

prophecy says that one day the Plebian killers shall over take the Pratician Survivors......one day

• ShrimpTwiggs

@purebalance said:

@ShrimpTwiggs said:

@purebalance said:

@ShrimpTwiggs said:

@ShrimpTwiggs said:

Gen tapping does not cost any considerable time. There is VERY little delay between stopping and starting. Once again nowhere near the actual seconds between pickup and drop. Gen tapping pretty much all but negates hex whereas dribbling you need to be pretty much at a hook to make it worth using.

As I've said, one being stronger then the other doesn't make it an exploit. And it does cost time in comparison to just hitting the great skillchecks, which most experienced survivors will do anyway. Should it be nerfed? I think a fair nerf would be to add a second when starting a gen before any progress is made. But at the end of the day, both gentapping and dribbling prevent their given perks from being fully used. If one isn't considered an exploit, the other shouldn't.

• AnotherRandy
    TheBean said:

@AnotherRandy said:

Are you cereal? lol... I don't get 60 fps... I get about 40 if im lucky... I have no problem hitting them. Perhaps stop playing on a potato. There should be no issues hitting those skill checks on 30 fps. Skill checks are all client side.

All I can say is.. When I play survivor, which I do mostly, and I see survivors in the high ranks gen tapping... They suck at skill checks, which are pretty easy to hit with practice. They aren't doing it because of 30 fps.. If that is the excuse they must be only getting 10 fps, and it isn't my fault they are playing on a potato.

Gen tapping is what noob survivors do.

They are doing it because they can't hit great skill checks and/or, want to bypass ruin and lullaby.

Not talking about consoles either... PCs. I don't know how anyone plays on consoles.

If I lower my resolution to -100% I get 60+ fps and I hit every great skillcheck. But this quality is destroying my eyes.
    So: gentapping 30fps > spend hundreds of dollars for DbD just to hit great skill checks. U can't change my mind here. Cuz dbd is the only game in library that is running so bad optimised 
  • BearTrapSnap
    BearTrapSnap Member Posts: 86
    edited September 2018

Ahem Dribbling survivors is okay too.

And it's spelled Hyperbole, not Hyper Bowl.

I loved that. No, this isn't hyper bowl! It sounds like a Running Man competition or something.
  • FrenziedRoach
    FrenziedRoach Member Posts: 2,600

I've tried Gen tapping, seems to take considerably longer than it would be to just fight through the Ruin skillchecks, so I stopped doing it.

• Visionmaker
    Visionmaker Member Posts: 2,051

@ShrimpTwiggs said:

@ShrimpTwiggs said:

In exchange for avoiding a DS, it saves *plenty* of time.
  • fcc2014
    fcc2014 Member Posts: 4,388
    Lol wow this thread is a joke and you wonder why killer main threads dont get taken serious. GIT GUD!!
  • fcc2014
    fcc2014 Member Posts: 4,388

Newb here, what is gen tapping? And what is it's point?

jumping on and off a generator when a killer has ruin. If done properly it can repair a generator fully but it takes a long time. You are better off trying to hit great skill checks. I guess this is todays i suck as killer thread and this is the reason.

• feffrey
    feffrey Member Posts: 886
    they do not want to see a better game or they'd address camping
  • Captain_Spaulding
    Captain_Spaulding Member Posts: 587

As a side note: has dribbling been patched or something? I've tried to do it many times and they still get out of the grasp without wiggling or using DS or am I doing something horribly wrong?

• ChesterTheMolester
    ChesterTheMolester Member Posts: 2,771
    edited September 2018

As a side note: has dribbling been patched or something? I've tried to do it many times and they still get out of the grasp without wiggling or using DS or am I doing something horribly wrong?

You can only drop them 3 times. The wiggle bar fills 33% with each drop.
  • Giche
    Giche Member Posts: 753

@fcc2014 said:
    Lol wow this thread is a joke and you wonder why killer main threads dont get taken serious. GIT GUD!!

Coming from "this".

How it's goin' under the bridge ?
    Seem quite populated lately.

• @SenzuDuck said:

@NextKillerSpongebob said:

@SenzuDuck said:

There wont be a gen tapping fix as it's intentional.

I know. But you said imagine, and I continued to imagine a ''fix''