Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Freddy Skins

Its my first post here, hello there.

iam playing dbd a few hundred hours. Most of the time as killer and if i play killer its 99% Freddy / the nightmare.

So its needless to say that i like him very much.

but since release theres no skin to buy for him. are there any future plans to release some?

if not, what are the reasons for this?

greetings

Comments

• bleuberry
    bleuberry Member Posts: 5

I believe the reason would be they would need to get approval since he is licensed. they can't make skins for him on a free whim.

• Killmaster
    Killmaster Member Posts: 429

He has a lot of potential for great skins, seems like New Line is dropping the ball by only licensing the remake.

• Milo
    Milo Member Posts: 7,383

The same reason he (alongside Quentin) is still not on Switch, licensing.

• ProgramVega
    ProgramVega Member Posts: 8

is bE in negotiation with the license owner?

i suspected that the reasons are something with licensing.

from my point of view its a win-win-win for bE , license owner and us if they publish skins

but its usually not that easy

• IsJustMe
    IsJustMe Member Posts: 436

A Idea is maybe to Talk with New Line about the old Freddy(s)

Part 1&2, Part 3-6 and Part 7 Freddy has ever had a diffrent look = 3 Skins

• Generator_Repairer
    Generator_Repairer Member Posts: 84

They can't due to him being a licenced character. Maybe in the future they will get to release cosmetics to him!

• R52G
    R52G Member Posts: 257

I heard the main issue relies on Craven’s death. Since he died in 2015 the rights for NOES in the US went to his family. New Line only has the rights to NOES outside of the US. Pauli’s Esther made a video on YouTube recently where he discussed how if they’re making new changes to the Springwood maps then they may be possibly discussing cosmetics as well (because both would have to be discussed with the license holders). If you want I can put a link for it here for y’all.

• ProgramVega
    ProgramVega Member Posts: 8

yes, share the link with us. it sounds interesting to me

• R52G
    R52G Member Posts: 257

If the link doesn’t work don’t hesitate to respond back. Hope y’all enjoy. 😊👍🏼

• SCP_FOR_DBD
    SCP_FOR_DBD Member Posts: 2,416

It is unlikely to happen, new line kinda sucks with licencing.