no more losing add ons as survivor (if escape)?

maxchienbinh
maxchienbinh Member Posts: 92
edited August 2020 in General Discussions

did the devs go back on their decision about survivor's addon? i no longer lost adds on when i escape.

Post edited by maxchienbinh on

Comments

• Yung_Slug
    Yung_Slug Member Posts: 2,238

Were you using Ace in the Hole?

• BloodyNights
    BloodyNights Member Posts: 526

Gotta be a bug, but I wish they would revert it. Most of the items for survivor feel pretty trash. Only items, or add-ons I care about anymore when going through a bloodweb is medkits.

• maxchienbinh
    edited July 2020

no. i think as long as i dont die in trial. i get to keep watever i have on my hand, including add ons :))

• seki23
    seki23 Member Posts: 833
    edited August 2020

no they didnt, and is fair with killers losing addons after a trial, the killer doesnt get their addons back even if they get a merciless victory or even more a perfect game. so is better now, if u want to keep your addons use Ace in the Hole, killers dont have such a perk sadly, but at the same time is fine if they dont add such a thing since some addons are insanely strong and would be to easy to keep them forever unless they put some requirements but still, anyway use white ward or ace in the hole. is already easy enough to escape as survivor and you dont even need to use perks to make it especially if u play with friends.

• Warcrafter4
    Warcrafter4 Member Posts: 2,917
    edited August 2020

It was changed due to SWF's Depip squads constantly winning while using the most powerful items/addons that when stacked made then nearly unbeatable for most killers(The characters not the players) and constantly escaping thus keeping their powerful set ups to get even more wins.

So if your going to be mad about losing addons after games as survivor then be mad at SWF squads who made the developers make the change.

• BloodyNights
    BloodyNights Member Posts: 526

I think people are missing the original posters post. He was asking if they reverted the change because he said he was keeping his add-ons without ace in the hole.

Also...I kind of feel like they nerfed almost all of the survivors strong items, and the somewhat more powerful add-ons self destruct so you wouldn't keep them anyways. Like Brand New Parts, Syringe, etc. They nerfed toolboxes to the point that they barely have an impact on matches. So half the time I feel like I'm spending blood points on all the useless items/add-ons. And something that I liked using was a broken key and a wedding ring. Now the Wedding Ring disappears. And I gotta go through like 3 or 4 bloodwebs to find another one. Killers don't have to get items and add-ons, so That's why they usually can find the add-ons they want regardless of rarity pretty easily.

But it's true survivors don't need items at all to win, as most items have a tiny impact on the match as is.

• NekoGamerX
    NekoGamerX Member Posts: 5,277

fact that survivor get less bp they should keep them most of survivor item are useless now..

• maxchienbinh
    edited August 2020
  • maxchienbinh

thank you. i try to screenshot a game where i happen to keep my adds on when i escape. however, i have been dying a lot lately :))