How do you unlock legacy skins? (if possible on console)

Options

I was always wondering about the legacy skins. Is there a chance to get them on console? If so, then how?

Comments

• LCGaster
    LCGaster Member Posts: 3,154
    Options
    You can't. It is available to only some players
  • ACEvHEARTS
    ACEvHEARTS Member Posts: 403
    Options
    Legacy was the old prestige on pc when the bloodwebs were ridiculously expensive. No new players, on any platform, are able to earn it anymore. 
  • The_Matlock
    The_Matlock Member Posts: 8
    Options

@Irishboy101 said:
    I was always wondering about the legacy skins. Is there a chance to get them on console? If so, then how?

That was for PC players before the first anniversary due to the ridiculous grind on the blood web. The devs have stated that console would not be receiving legacy cosmetics in past dev streams

• sadmuffins13
    sadmuffins13 Member Posts: 73
    Options
    I play on ps4 and have seen people with this costume. There has to be a way.
  • Silas
    Silas Member Posts: 307
    Options
    The lies you tell 
  • FrenziedRoach
    FrenziedRoach Member Posts: 2,600
    Options

@sadmuffins13 said:

If they are, they're cheating the system.

Wouldn't surprise me if the assets existed on the PS4 build to be honest.

• Jack11803
    Jack11803 Member Posts: 3,930
    Options

@FrenziedRoach said:

@sadmuffins13 said:

There was a bug where p1 Dwight gave a legacy shirt. It only occurred to three people. All of which have since stopped playing due to massive amounts of harassment and probing

• sadmuffins13
    sadmuffins13 Member Posts: 73
    Options
    Lowbei said:
    no, you havent
    Uhmm how are you gonna tell me what i saw???
  • FrenziedRoach
    FrenziedRoach Member Posts: 2,600
    Options

@Jack11803 said:

@FrenziedRoach said:

@sadmuffins13 said:

There was a bug where p1 Dwight gave a legacy shirt. It only occurred to three people. All of which have since stopped playing due to massive amounts of harassment and probing

Which goes to show I was right - the assets do exist on the PS4 build even though they have no reason to have those assets on the installation.

• PhantomMask20763
    PhantomMask20763 Member Posts: 5,176
    Options
    Lowbei said:
    Lowbei said:
    no, you havent
    like this

”no, you havent”
    Thank you for making it clear 
  • Lowbei
    Lowbei Member Posts: 2,637
    Options
    Lowbei said:
    Lowbei said:
    no, you havent
    like this

”no, you havent”
    Thank you for making it clear 
    anytime
  • SpaceySeaMonkey
    SpaceySeaMonkey Member Posts: 1
    edited May 2019
    Options

I know this is late but the other day I thought I saw a legacy skin for one of the killers I went up against. It turns out it was just a hallowed blight skin. Maybe that's what you saw? Edit: can someone tell me how to delete comments. I didnt see that you posted this in September before the event ;;

• CallMeSpidey
    CallMeSpidey Member Posts: 625
    Options

Claudette has a Fake Legacy shirt that was obtainable during the Halloween event.

• NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243
    Options

I wished consoles got something that was only exclusive to them.

• rated
    rated Member Posts: 13
    Options

@not_Queen @Peanits

hello to you im here I would like to explain to you my ideas that I had the games since June 2017 I like very much like the console or the exclusive dress for the players who have played since 2017 on certain character its seras really cool for the players his console close a lot of pleasure that you think of that? Thank you in advance for your reply cordially.

• Peanits
    Peanits Dev, Community Manager Posts: 7,413
    Options

We had no plans on bringing legacy back in any capacity at this time. They were originally given as a reward for those who prestiged back when it took significantly longer. This was before the console versions of the game launched and, as a result, there was no way to earn them. We are not planning on distributing them again as it wouldn't be fair to those who earned them originally.

• Tydie
    Tydie Member Posts: 126
    edited October 2019
    Options

legacy isnt really the same as the exclusive items though, its more of a reward/achievement. it wasnt obtained by any type of event. it wouldn't make any sense to do something like this on console because the console community didnt have to do these bloodwebs. most people on pc don't have legacy either.

Post edited by Tydie on
  • CallMeSpidey
    CallMeSpidey Member Posts: 625
    Options

I like the idea of not bringing Legacy back. I admire a Legacy player when I see one.

BUT....I would LOOOOVE Unique Season Skins/Rewards to show that yeah, we reached a certain rank this month or quarter....or something.

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669
    Options

@Peanits

so, since this topic is back on the table now, id like to ask you a question about the whole legacy skin debate aswell.

i do understand why you do not wish to bring them back for everyone and i do support that, BUT what is with the people who earned their legacy skins and then got struk by the "loss of progress" bug (players like me)? will we ever have our skins return or is the official answer just "nope, bad luck on your part, mate!"

i mean, there should be no problem if we can provide you with evidence that we have actually earned them, is there? you have the steam achievement page that shows the prestige achievements and the date of the day they got achieved and some players (including me) have screenshots with said legacys.

and if the answer is actually "nope, sorry", id like to know why, as i cant really understand why not.

thank you in advance ^^

• SlinkyJinky
    SlinkyJinky Member Posts: 371
    Options

You just buy them from the store right?

• NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243
    Options

No, you get them from prestiging your characters when the bloodweb was super grindy. However, the bloodweb isn't as grindy as before and thus, it's impossible to obtain a legacy skin.

Honestly, I want some that's only exclusive to console players because we never had the chance to earn a legacy skin.

• SmokePotion
    SmokePotion Member Posts: 1,089
    Options

@Peanits So, we just have to wait for you to fix the current horror show of a bloodweb, and then we get them too? Will they be different color glowy?

Seriously though. The grind is to much. I still don't have all the perk combos on all the killers I like to play. I've had many people agree with me when I say things like. "If I unlock a perk by grinding one person, it should be unlocked at level 1 for everyone else."

If for no other reason then it takes away the feeling of accomplishment when you unlock the new perk as a teachable. Because I then have to go unlock it again.

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669
    Options

believe me, the grind is NOWHERE as big as it used to be before they added Legacy Skins.

the current level 50 Bloodweb used to be a old level 35 Bloodweb, level 50 Bloodwebs had always all possible spots used, which was insane, considering we didnt even have perks like BBQ or bonus BP events to boost our killers / survivors.

the devs already said they wouldnt want legacys to return in any way, so i doubt they will ever implement new ones. the only exception i can see for the "no legacys given out anymore" rule would be people that got struck by the "loss of progress" bug, which was not that rare back in the day. however, since its mostly fixed now, id like to have my lagacys back...

• HavelmomDaS1
    HavelmomDaS1 Member Posts: 1,948
    Options

Well, unlocking all perks is harder task now then it was back then for sure. And it keeps getting harder with each new DLC update. I'm an OG player since release and tbh, the grind feels as insane as it was back then. Especially when u get unlucky and don't get the perks u actually need.

• FSB75
    FSB75 Member Posts: 474
    Options

My ONLY regret in this game.

I know, for a fact, I could have at least gotten to P2 on Billy. But that was back when I thought "stealth" was part of a tactic for Killers. I saw the rewards and thought, "Why the hell would I want to light up like a beacon in the night"?

And that was during the days of window juking as part of the game. Normally I don't give a ######### about things like cosmetics....but this one, for whatever reason, still stings to this day.

• rated
    rated Member Posts: 13
    Options

@Peanits I would like an exclusive outfit especially console rare outfit for console players who have games since 2017 that is really cool for console player

• slingshotsurvivor
    slingshotsurvivor Member Posts: 943
    Options