Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Do we even need a bloodpoint cap?

I don't see any good reason to have a cap on bloodpoints as there really isn't any issue with saving up whatever amount you like. You could argue that people could dump a massive amount into new content for an early advantage but those points were still earned normally anyway so I don't see it as an issue.

Comments

• apropos
    apropos Member Posts: 245

As it is, I think you can get a character to level 37 with a million, I think? So, I don't know if I understand why either. The only thing I can come up with, is that the cap serves as a deterrent to people who might be trying to farm them with automation. It could be argued, though, if someone goes to that length, they will likely automate spending them as well.

• Maelstrom10
    Maelstrom10 Member Posts: 1,922

its to stop hackers, by having a hard limit to bloodpoints (since there handled lan side) when people hack them in they can only hack in a limited amount... though i mean then they just spend them and reget the bloodpoints so its a useless method but like hey thought that counts i guess

• Mringasa
    Mringasa Member Posts: 980

Prevents people from having a P3 maxed out Killer on Day 1 of release as well. At least this way, they are limited to only level 37'ish, depending on how many Dailies they've saved as well, so people aren't getting steamrolled by Perked out new Killers before they have a chance to learn and adapt.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095
    There is no logic reason for a limit.
    The "so you don't p3 a new killer" arguments don't count. Since p3 is only a skin.

Mringasa said:

Prevents people from having a P3 maxed out Killer on Day 1 of release as well. At least this way, they are limited to only level 37'ish, depending on how many Dailies they've saved as well, so people aren't getting steamrolled by Perked out new Killers before they have a chance to learn and adapt.

Also, the amount of bloodpoints required to max out a new char is something around the 10 million BP marker. If someone wants to spend so many points on a new char, then by God, let him do that.

Or is there a limit on your bank account? You can't have more than 1000$ on your account, because you could spend them?
  • MojoTheFabulous
    MojoTheFabulous Member Posts: 2,015

@Mringasa said:

But Prestige is just a skin and a very small rarity increase in the Bloodweb. The points they use would still have been earned like usual so it's not a problem in my opinion.

• Lowbei
    Lowbei Member Posts: 2,637
    RSB said:

@Maelstrom10 said:
    its to stop hackers, by having a hard limit to bloodpoints (since there handled lan side) when people hack them in they can only hack in a limited amount... though i mean then they just spend them and reget the bloodpoints so its a useless method but like hey thought that counts i guess

Hackers actually can hack 99999999999999+ BPs, hacks do not work in the limits of 1kk, only legit players can;t get past through the 1kk cap.

fortunately theres a red flag that triggers now when someone goes over 1mill, that is temp disabled when compensating an account save loss.
  • Sarief
    Sarief Member Posts: 543

There are many design choices that promote limit per game
    first being: to encourage you to play as many games as possible

Do I even need to continue?

• Kalec84
    Kalec84 Member Posts: 495
    edited September 2018

I agree with the removal of bp cap.
    Problem is:
    Without a cap, mani ppl will start farming bp to a point were basically every new killer will directly start at p3 full perks... having 3 levels of perks wont make much sense anymore...

What they can do is to push up the limit to 2 or 1.5M just to let us do a full prestige circle when we want...

• Mc_Harty
    Mc_Harty Member Posts: 3,293

Something, something, blood-point economy, something.

• Killigma
    Killigma Member Posts: 372

It is an outdated system to try and stop people hacking in BP. But it is a failure, if you are going to the extent of hacking in BP then there is nothing stopping you hacking in 1mil then clearing the amount, rinse and repeat.

• Delfador
    Delfador Member Posts: 2,552

@Mc_Harty said:
    Something, something, blood-point economy, something.

Does it make sense though?

What is the difference between spending 1 mil BPs 10 times in a row and spending 10 mil BPs in one session?

Amount of ultra rare and very rare addons I will get will be the same.

1 mil cap is just lame imo.

• Lowbei
    the reason is a social one. it doesnt prevent hacking, EAC does that just fine.

when a new killer comes out, you want a small grace period for people to ease into the change. having killers immediately p3 50 with the best perks and addons, can result in the knee jerk “omg op, nerf now!” attitude.

• Rex_Huin
    Rex_Huin Member Posts: 1,208

I am in favour of a bloodpoint cap. We have lots of other hats and costumes so why not?

• MojoTheFabulous
    MojoTheFabulous Member Posts: 2,015

@Lowbei said:

when a new killer comes out, you want a small grace period for people to ease into the change. having killers immediately p3 50 with the best perks and addons, can result in the knee jerk “omg op, nerf now!” attitude.

People can still get quite far with the 1 million cap, plus daily rituals and the Shrine so it'd be barely any diFFerent.

• HellDescent
    HellDescent Member Posts: 4,883

They said it's to prevent people for saving up for new dlcs

• Completely pointless but it doesnt stop you from getting to like 990970 or something and spending a couple hundred thousand

• Tsulan

@Lowbei said:

I pity the poor soul that spends 10 million bloodpoints in a single session on a new char.

• Lowbei
    Tsulan said:

@Lowbei said:

I pity the poor soul that spends 10 million bloodpoints in a single session on a new char.

depends if they have 100mill :)
  • Tsulan

@Lowbei said:
    Tsulan said:

@Lowbei said:

I pity them even more. Sitting there and spending so many BPs isn´t exactly fun.
    But if people want to do that, then let them.

• Lowbei
    Tsulan said:

@Lowbei said:
    Tsulan said:

@Lowbei said:

I pity them even more. Sitting there and spending so many BPs isn´t exactly fun.

yeah, tho it was infinitely (approx) worse before the bloodweb speed buying update. i use to spend ages in there.
  • Tsulan

@Lowbei said:
    Tsulan said:

@Lowbei said:

Tsulan said:

@Lowbei said:

yeah, tho it was infinitely (approx) worse before the bloodweb speed buying update. i use to spend ages in there.

But it´s still a chore. But i´m willing to accept that, so i don´t have to waste bloodpoints, because i reached the limit.

• dannyfrog87
    dannyfrog87 Member Posts: 568

@MojoTheFabulous said:
    I don't see any good reason to have a cap on bloodpoints as there really isn't any issue with saving up whatever amount you like. You could argue that people could dump a massive amount into new content for an early advantage but those points were still earned normally anyway so I don't see it as an issue.

yeah it is bs. and yet they dont cap auric cells. funny that isnt it? something that costs money is uncapped made me think thats for sure how bs that is lol