The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Should Bubba get better notifications during his Dash?

Ok ok, let me explain.

As of now, when you want to check how much juice you have before you need to throw another token in the saw, you gotta check on the bottom left to see how much of the bar is remaining, aka take your eyes off the survivor and the possible obstacles you may collide with and get angery about. Obviously, it's not very practical.

So, should Bubba have a more practical way to tell, like an effect around your screen when you're about to run out of charge (or something like that)?

Comments

• Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 9,345

You can watch his chainsaw swings and learn to press M2 based on the swing he is on.

• MrMadMask
    MrMadMask Member Posts: 28

honestly didn't think about that. But it would also require to learn the swings with each combination of add-ons that increase the duration of each token, doesn't it?

• ZephanUnbound
    ZephanUnbound Member Posts: 227
    edited August 2020

An audio cue would be nice. I honestly have struggled trying to use him since the change, between trying to concentrate on not hitting a wall by accident and trying to time the uses to keep the chain going while chasing a looper, I usually screw up and either let the chain end early or bump into something, it's very annoying. In his current state, he is still not a killer that I will ever want to play, just one I will play for challenges only.

• MrMadMask
    MrMadMask Member Posts: 28

I feel like his hitbox for walls and obstacles has been increased since the update, but honestly I haven't played enough Bubba before to be sure.

Really like the idea of the sputtering! But yes, considering the short time to act and high punishment of errors, the Chainsaw Dash should give a less distracting way to know when you're about to need a new token.

• OniWantsYourMacaroni
    OniWantsYourMacaroni Member Posts: 5,944

I don't really think he needs that.

You just have to count the chainsaw swings and that's it.It adds bit skill to him.

• MojoTheFabulous
    MojoTheFabulous Member Posts: 2,015

What if you could instead just hold the power button and the charges will be used when needed so long as you keep holding it?

• Toybasher
    Toybasher Member Posts: 919

That'd be a good idea too but it'd reduce the appeal of one of his ultra rares IIRC (which uses up all charges when you start swinging). I'd rather they keep the timing element but just make it more obvious to the player.

• ALostPuppy
    ALostPuppy Member Posts: 3,398

It would but it's hardly asking a lot from you is it? It's not hard at all and it'll take some practice to optimise your chainsaw distance and I don't see anything wrong with that. His chainsaw is now really good at cutting chases short, so giving it a little bit of depth and a small skill floor is perfectly fine imo, I don't know why people want it to be so easy to use.