The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

How is your new MatchMaking going? This is mine!

Pirate
Pirate Member Posts: 427
edited August 2020 in General Discussions

Nurse/Billy main btw. Those guys where so new that when I hooked 3 of them and brought the last one to unhook them all, he run away from me and the hooks not knowing that he can rescue them! Afterwards I was even accused of cheating ... I guess it was my BBQ that made them feel that way? I waited 20 min for this match!

UPDATE:

Second game now against 4 Red Ranks. I guess climbing this new MM is easy? Just traumatise 4 new player so much they will never play the game again.

Post edited by Pirate on

Comments

• GhostMaceNotCrusty
    GhostMaceNotCrusty Member Posts: 716
    edited August 2020

Oh What fun!

• frizar
    frizar Member Posts: 13

4.1.0 kills matchmaking to the ground. I'm rank 3 surv, playing vs 1 rank killer and my team is 3 ranks 17-19.

• AVoiceOfReason
    AVoiceOfReason Member Posts: 2,723

It'll take a few matches before it kicks in.

• multibingles
    multibingles Member Posts: 32

Good lord.

• KingFrost
    KingFrost Member Posts: 3,014

First: Rank 20 killer.

My thoughts: "Wow, I'm worse than I thought! I thought I'd at least face a green or purple."

Second: Rank 12 killer. Rank 19 teammates.

My thoughts: "Guy might be new at hag." (He kills me pretty easily, and didn't play like a newbie hag. Killed me pretty easily because my teammates didn't bother to save me, mind you. But he didn't put a billion traps around the hook. He put one, and moved on. Which is a pretty experienced hag move)

Third game: Rank 1 Billy. No idea if he was new or not. I got disconnected, or he did one. It said i escaped and he dc'ed, but it felt like my interent had a hiccup (though my internet didn't go out during that time) or got booted from the server.

• Mikeasaurus
    Mikeasaurus Member Posts: 2,327

Man I thought mine was bad. All Rank 20's when I used my GF, and I use him fairly often. It got so bad, they literally all hid in one corner of the map. Thankfully it was on PS4 so I had to message one of them to say please do a gen. Really hope this isn't the future of MM.

• FabsRinas
    FabsRinas Member Posts: 169

I think it's because everyone is starting at 0 MMR, and climbing up until it normalizes, painful process tho

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

On a sidenote: Yeah, Barbecue & Chili against new players will usually result in them accusing you.

Even if they know about it existing, they'll still think you saw them 24/7.

• scenekiller
    scenekiller Member Posts: 890

This is most likely the reason.

Growing pains, I guess?

• DaKnight
    DaKnight Member Posts: 720

It's dark times. A time for P3 claud with urban evasion and left behind. Between this matchmaking and 0 DC penalty i'm assuming the gens will not be getting done in like any games whatsoever.

• Tricks
    Tricks Member Posts: 957

Just had a match on Billy. I don't play billy and people where dropping like flies. I didnt even have to try. I felt bad so gave the last guy the hatch and he just let himself bleed out and I'm like "does this guy even know how to use a hatch?". Not too sure if this new mmr thing is going to work.

• rabid_pygmy
    rabid_pygmy Member Posts: 61
    edited August 2020

no screenshots, but its been stomps for one side or the other. only seen baby killers or r1 slugging swf destroyers....... Seems like the mmr way, WAY over-adjusts, or is nonexistent. Gives me r1 oni-main, then baby hag next game lul.

Survivor queues are near instant for me most of the day, maybe the system doesn't even bother skill matching when there's a shortage of one role (currently survivor).

• Sunbreaker7
    Sunbreaker7 Member Posts: 651

Been matched up against some first time players as a rank 1 (veteran player). I feel utterly disgusted by these matches how easy they are, and no in a fun way. I feel like playing against easy difficulty bots. Nothing against these players, it's just that we are in complete different league. It's not fun knowing you are going to win every single match unless someone brings a key.

• Demonl3y
    Demonl3y Member Posts: 1,416

Why so many people here complain about ranks? The devs said Rank is NOT used for MM so it doesnt matter if you get matched with rank 1 or rank 20

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,886

Yeah we know. Its a match of skill. So those one perk rank 20's are on the skill level of that rank 1 Nurse?

• NekoGamerX
    NekoGamerX Member Posts: 5,277

that funny and sad at the same time.

• C_Frank
    C_Frank Member Posts: 179
    edited August 2020

4 games

me rank 1

1 game:

rank 16 - 16- 18 killer rank 7

2 game:

rank 2 - 18 - 10 killer rank 6

3 game

rank 1 -1 -2 killer rank 17

4 games

rank 12- 18 -19 killer rank 3 and mori

nice job

• Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 9,339

While rank is not a good measure of skill, you can certainly tell if a rank 20 running 1 perk is a new player versus a rank 20 running 4 meta perks at max rank being someone who hasn't played for a few resets.

• Demonl3y

I didnt said that but MM is new and they have to improve it first and track you better.

Also i saw many Rank 20 who were FAR better tha Rank 1 people.

• Demonl3y