I love the new Oni skin, but...

Options

What exactly makes it worthy of being a Legendary skin? It has no unique animations or sounds and his appearance changes very little between normal mode and demon mode (the least difference of any of his skins, actually). I was really hoping he would get a uniquely designed Kanabo, but I'm disappointed to see it is the same as the rest.

I can understand more of why Lisa Garland was made a legendary because she is a completely different character and at least has a different lobby pose than Cheryl. But I can't see what makes the Oni worth the extra 500 cells. I think it should have been a very rare set.

Comments

• Dabihwow
    Dabihwow Member Posts: 3,409
    Options

Exactly its just a terrible way to get more money this skin is nothing but a scam to me

• JacksonWise
    JacksonWise Member Posts: 651
    Options

I'm glad to see other people are disappointed as well. BHVR has the right to update cosmetics so I hope they take this feedback seriously and make the skin more unique. I don't have a problem paying extra for a Legendary skin. But it really needs to have that "WOW" factor. It needs to set itself apart from the rest.

• slim0b
    slim0b Member Posts: 551
    Options

Believe me half the skins don't look as cool as the trailer even with ultra

Test subject 1 Doctor looks cool

Trapper's seaside traveller looks cool

Almost half of legion's skins looks cool even if you exclude the bunnies

Wraith's candle head looks cool

Hag's medusa looks cool

Spirit's samurai armor looks cool

Legion's viper ghost looks cool

All of the above go for 10 bucks or less.

• SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467
    Options

It's just a cool looking cash grab. Like with 98% of the cosmetics, I'll be waiting until the price drops by a lot.

• JacksonWise
    Options

Exactly. There are so many other skins that look just as cool (if not cooler) for cheaper. The Greek Clown and Spirit skins are leagues better considering what you're getting for what you're paying.

• JacksonWise
    Options

They will (hopefully) take the feedback seriously and make the skin worth the price before they lower it.

• MusicNerd_TC
    MusicNerd_TC Member Posts: 3,099
    Options

It's a minotaur. A completely different character. I think having a minotaur Oni is ######### awesome personally.

• JacksonWise
    Options

I agree it's awesome and I was super excited when I found out about it. But there is nothing about the skin that makes it worth an extra 500 cells. They promised Legendary skins would be completely unique and set themselves apart from the rest and this one fails miserably. As it is right now, it's a perfectly acceptable very rare set.

• MusicNerd_TC
    MusicNerd_TC Member Posts: 3,099
    Options

In my opinion, what makes it worth more, is that it's a completely different character than the Oni himself. Can you imagine how much longer it took the design team to make this skin than any other?

• OniWantsUrLocation
    OniWantsUrLocation Member Posts: 506
    Options

Imo the best skin we ever got. I'm still not gonna buy it because the price is ridiculous.

• JacksonWise
    Options

Not really. The head is the most unique thing about it. They gave him hooves, a tail, a new weapon, and some other minor changes. Trapper's Seaside Psycho skin (as just one example) has much more detail than this.

• Carpemortum
    Carpemortum Member Posts: 4,506
    Options

This is the key difference. It makes him BECOME a minotaur, not dressed like one.

As lackluster as some may feel it is (I mean, it is a minotaur ffs, it's not exactly a new unique thing), it completely changes the character as a whole. It's not the oni as much as the onis kit on the minotaur.

• SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467
    Options

Yep, I know and I'm fine with that. I've already got all the cosmetics that I like enough to pay $10+ dollars for.

That'd be cool too. I'm fine with either option (making the skin worth the $15 or lowering the current price).

• Squirrel_Thicc
    Squirrel_Thicc Member Posts: 2,677
    Options

I love the oni skin but it really shouldn't have been legendary.

• Pawcelot
    Pawcelot Member Posts: 985
    Options

They're trying the waters once again, to see how many people are wasting $15 for a subpar skin. If enough people do it, they'll do more "legendary" skins.

• JacksonWise
    Options

Considering the skins they've made before though (for cheaper), I know they can do better than this. I don't want the devs to become lazy and settle. I want them to continue challenging themselves. Very few people are happy with this skin. It's leaving a bad taste in a lot of people's mouths.

• Sweet_Feng
    Sweet_Feng Member Posts: 72
    Options

No one wants you to buy it. Keep your worthless opinion for yourself. It's a skin. Not a character. The dbd community is legit the only community that is too stupid to understand what "skin" means.

• Onyx_Blue
    Onyx_Blue Member Posts: 1,060
    edited August 2020
    Options

Completely true. Legendary skins, by value, should be to do with Licensed charaters only - auric cell purchased cosmetics that alter your survivor/killer into a new version from that franchise. Cheryl ~ Lisa; 'Freddy Krueger ~ Robert Englund's; 'Steve/Nancy ~ Jim/Joyce etc not spending £10 on a cosmetic for an original killer. It looks soooo good I actually hate the devs, right now, for making it Legendary :(

• kcwolf1975
    kcwolf1975 Member Posts: 651
    Options

Of course it is a cash grab, just like every other skin. They aren't running a charity. They spend resources on skins and offer them for a price. Judging by how many "paid" skins i see when i play, they could probably charge even more for them.

I have yet to buy a skin, but I do spend my shards on them. Too bad this minotaur skin is auric cells only or I would jump on it, looks pretty cool.

• Velarica
    Velarica Member Posts: 76
    edited August 2020
    Options

While I freely admit I skimmed much of the discussion, I'm strongly in agreement that this is NOT a legendary skin. What defines a legendary skin is a unique Voice, animation, (or weapon type as some had suggested above with Oni's Secondary weapon being the same in every skin). To call certain skins legendary and make them even more expensive than the current maximum price, they should provide more than the best of the very rare skins. This skin (while I don't own it I have already seen and played against it ingame to confirm this myself) does not add any unique animations or sounds, and Oni's club is identical to other versions. Compare this to Lisa Garland that has a unique standing animation that differentiates her from Cheryl. Of course, I will concede that Minotaur Oni could have a unique standing animation that I don't know about, but for obvious reasons this doesn't have the same impact as a unique survivor pose. It is common practice in other games that Legendary skins add a mechanical change to animations, voices, or effects (often all 3, but lets be honest DBD isnt a MOBA). Legendary skins in DBD should be no different, and continue with the industry standard as well as the standards they set with Lisa Garland (which are already pretty low).

Mind you, this is an AMAZING skin that clearly someone put a lot of work into. Personally I'm a terrible Oni player but I really want to buy it myself just because of how awesome it looks (And Greek lore is amazing!). I have nothing against the skin itself simply that as far as I can tell it doesn't meet the criteria to be labelled a legendary skin, because of that on principal I have to suggest others to not buy it until this is corrected.

(Okay After close inspection from what i could see in the store. There is one small change to his standing animation in which the angle of his blade on his shoulder is shifted simply so it doesn't clip as he is slightly taller with larger shoulder muscles. While I understand the need to change an animation based off of a skin does exponentially increase the workload... Such a small change should at least be accompanied by a significant change to the animation, not a minor clipping adjustment. Like it took me at least 10 minutes to find this change. That's not the kind of animation change that makes a Very Rare skin legendary.)

• BigBrainMegMain
    BigBrainMegMain Member Posts: 3,826
    edited August 2020
    Options

They didn't do the hind legs correctly.

I don't use Oni, so it doesn't bother me.

But holy Jesus, 1485 Auric Cells?!

The only aspect that "turns him into a Minotaur" is his head, everything else except for the toes are human.

I don't understand.

• Sweet_Feng
    Sweet_Feng Member Posts: 72
    Options

No I don't need anything I just want the community to stop being stupid