The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Survivor vs. Killer balance

ProfessorDoc
ProfessorDoc Member Posts: 13

I don't think it is a shock to anyone to say that this game needs some adjustments still, but I got to wondering, which role does the community think has a natural advantage over the other? This is both at their most toxic or unfair builds. Please be honest, if you think the role you play has a greater advantage then just say so. This is not asking which you like more.

Survivor vs. Killer balance 101 votes

Survivors have the advantage
77%
WeederickTechn0RaccoonGibberishIhatelifeBlueberryDaDevilsSkirtCheersTrollfarceurTapeKnotF60_31XzanCougarOPTrwthNekoGamerXSuicidesushiToxicity23KiPidoitagain_Bartlaus 78 votes
Killers have the advantage
11%
Tru3LemonChicoTricksIamDwightnotstarboardMIP2PRSuzia69needyPax_WilhuffVETplayer_02HiddenNuggetNomporu 12 votes
Neither have an advantage, the game is perfect just the way it is
10%
DimekxEaArcticWolfanonymous31337mithriosDemo_mainAwkward_FiendSkullKidTotallyADwightMainSCP_FOR_DBDmusefan 11 votes

Comments

• ZephanUnbound
    ZephanUnbound Member Posts: 227
    edited July 2020

Survivors definitely have the advantage currently. Balance was a bit better before the Ruin nerf, that early game slowdown it provided was crucial for many killer characters, without it, often 2 or 3 generators are repaired before the killer can chase down the 1st survivor they find and get them on a hook. Devs say they think that 2 survivors sacrificed and 2 escaping is optimal balance, not sure I agree with that since 2 escaping means all 5 gens get repaired unless a key is used, but even if you do consider 2 sacrifice/2 escape to be balanced, the game is not there currently, 3 and 4 escaping combined is more common than 2, 1, and 0 escaping combined in my experience, both playing as survivor myself and playing as killer myself.

• SCP_FOR_DBD
    SCP_FOR_DBD Member Posts: 2,416

Assuming everyones running sweat builds, it depends on whether its SWF.

• NekoGamerX
    NekoGamerX Member Posts: 5,277
    edited July 2020

survivors advantage only solo have a disadvantage even then solo can do good too i seen 4 solo act like they swf group.

• GeordieKiller
    GeordieKiller Member Posts: 406

Survivors do have the edge over the killer especially in higher tiers as there are games where even if you do constant hooks gens will pop at a fast rate that plus the perks where it forces killers into a lose lose situation im looking at you DS and UB combo which you have to potentially times by 4

Granted i will state this while the game at the current moment is still giving survivors a very strong advantages there has been improvements in terms of toolboxes rework, maps alterations and co-op gen repair nerf but the issue hasnt been fixed there are still huge numbers of videos forum posts etc where it discuss or shows the imbalances of the game where survivors still have a huge advantage over killer and theres more work needed to bring it in a more balance state.

Im hoping when the mmr comes out and it settle in we can get a clearer picture in terms of what need balancing which will lead to more fun and healthy gameplay for all sides.

• jadss
    jadss Member Posts: 207

when you are chasing a survivor, the other 3 survivors are doing something, so the survivors have the advantage. even if they are HIGHLY pressured, they still have the advantage, even in a bad map for them.

• xEa
    xEa Member Posts: 4,105

There are far to many factors to considere so this poll can not be simply answered with Survivor or Killer.

What rank are we talking about?

SWF or Solo?

Which killer?

Imagine a Rank 1 game with a try hard 4 man SWF Squad against a Clown? Good luck killer, you will need it to even get 1-2 kills.

Imagine a Rank 1 game vs 4 randoms against a good rank 1 Nurse with addons? GG WP 0 gens done all dead.

Imagine a Rank 10 solo game against a semi potent killer? Survivors will have a hard time to get anything done.

This game is really hard to ballance all around the ranks and SWF.

• Trwth
    Trwth Member Posts: 921

I hate to say this but Survivors do have the advantage. The overall Survivor experience is much less stressful.

However, I would disagree if someone said that Survivors should be nerfed. They’re totally fine. Maps and objectives need some looking into. And from what I’ve heard, that’s exactly what the devs are doing and I’m happy to hear that.

• IamDwight
    IamDwight Member Posts: 236

In terms of Solo Survivor, Killer without a doubt has the advantage. Otherwise, 4 man SWF most definitely has an advantage.

I think the answer more appropriately is "It's situational" at best.

• Dimek
    Dimek Member Posts: 286

Neither have an advantage (red rank sweaty SWF have) but the game is NOT perfect.

• BobaFett785
    BobaFett785 Member Posts: 4

I personally think that it starts out somewhat killer sided up untill you start getting to like rank 12 then it ever so slowly becomes survivor sided. I personally play survivor more but a good group of survivors (a group of survivors in a party chat) can easily beat killers, but I think It balances out alot more when you consider how strong killers addons are.

• ProfessorDoc
    ProfessorDoc Member Posts: 13

What I was talking about for this poll was purely a hypothetical match where both sides have every character, every perk, every offering, and every add-on. If both sides were to exploit the game as much as they can, who would win?

• Pája
    Pája Member Posts: 28

4 god like survivors vs god like killer, Survivors will always win. (of course if the killer dont have mori or some really op addons)

• HiddenDuck
    HiddenDuck Member Posts: 2

Survivor have the advantage when they are with friend. Without, they can have it or not. That's the problema. Playing solo survivor can be very hard...

• Cheers
    Cheers Member Posts: 3,426

Not by a ton, but it is there.

• Moundshroud
    Moundshroud Member Posts: 4,458

The SWF situation just gets worse by the day. The longer any group of friends play together the more exponential the advantage becomes. The 5th Perk (Comms) is devastating. It grants a big advantage just to normal players who dabble. It is devastating when applied by people who play regularly and fully exploit it. Eventually it is going to have to be addressed with there being a Solo Que where people cannot see any identifying information until the match ends, and a Group Que (Teams) that play against willing Killers, and who have somehow been balanced by the Dev, say by needing an additional Generator to power the gates. SWF is only snowballing.

• OBX
    OBX Member Posts: 854

You forgot to add the only option that matters: SWF is overpowered

• mintchapstick
    mintchapstick Member Posts: 891

It depends on rank. In yellow ranks killers have the advantage, but once survivors know how to play, they without a doubt have the advantage. 4 survivors can literally just run at a killer and sometimes there's literally nothing you can do about it.

• TotemsCleanser
    TotemsCleanser Member Posts: 617

I would say that survivors (as in survivorS, in PLURAL) have the advantage overall. Because if the killer wants to get and kill a specific survivor no matter what, he definitely will and there's little to nothing that survivor can do about it. But the group of survivors as a whole are in a better spot than the killer. Idk if this makes sense.

• Leg
    Leg Member Posts: 18

SWF have the advantage and the killer is bullied. Borrowed, dead hard, DS, object, sprint, unbreakable, flashlights, map, key. The killer can't do anything and they're kidding from him. Killer can sit in the locker and pray for let it end. SWF are real killers. (sry for bad english)

• notstarboard
    notstarboard Member Posts: 3,765

Kill rates as of the last stats drop are ~70% at red ranks (~65% overall). The devs have said that 50% is what they're shooting for for balance. The ceiling for survivor is higher when played optimally imo, but in the real world people are not reaching that ceiling.