Allow Killers to chat in Pre-Game

Options

I know there are reasons that they cannot, but I do think they should be allowed, at least, a LIMITED chat option with the survivors in pre-game lobby. If anything I think it could be funny and in a good amount of situations could just allow the killer to say "GLHF" before every match to maybe defuse potential toxicity before a match even starts. It could also give some killers a chance to say "Hey, playing a killer for the first time etc..."

I don't know the exact number of chats that should be allowed, I was thinking like maybe 3 or 4 but maybe there doesn't even need to be a limit. I don't mind friendly trash talk so even if that's all that gets exchanged most of the time it really wouldn't bother me. I also don't think it'd give an advantage to anyone unless the killer willfully gives info to the survivors which is just dumb; also win trading can happen with or without a pre-game chat.

Oh and for anyone who would bring up "immersion," this game threw horror immersion out the window a long time ago lol

Curious what others think about this idea...

Comments

• Agent47Penguin
    Agent47Penguin Member Posts: 9
    Options

I think it’d make a really nice addition, it could be funny asf but I think some people would dc which I guess doesn’t matter. But like you said I think there would have to be two chats and I think it might clutter the screen if BHVR doesn’t do it right.. all In all I’d love to see it!

• siren_sorceress
    siren_sorceress Member Posts: 321
    edited August 2020
    Options

I agree I think itd be nice. One public chat box and one private chat for the survivors. The issue though is the dev's probably dont want players making plans to farm. I also dont want to underestimate players ability to use the function to be even more toxic to eachother. I'm sure many would use the chat to taunt eachother before the game even starts. But it would be nice if we could all chat and maybe set up interesting games like you do in kyfs.

• TraitorousLeopard
    TraitorousLeopard Member Posts: 156
    Options

I feel like it would probably do more harm than good? A little GLHF would be nice, but I feel like it'd mostly be used for "Im doing a challenge let me grab you" "farm or i facecamp" "change off blendette or I DC" etc.

It's not even an immersion thing, but I do go into most matches with the assumption that a Killer will be trying to kill me. I feel like knowing that they're just trying to game the system for points and challenges, and that they'd get annoyed or DC if the survivors don't play along, would take a lot out of those matches.

• deeziebaby
    deeziebaby Member Posts: 31
    Options

On console if the killer takes the time to write me to farm or that they wish us luck I won't go tryhard and put some perk builds I wanna try out. It would be great to have less sweat games tbh

• Rivyn
    Rivyn Member Posts: 3,005
    Options

I would be for it, so long as you split chat. If survivors wanna get strategic, they should.

Personally, I think it would help with the toxicity in this game. You only get to talk to the other side in the post game, and there, emotions are running high depending on how the match went. If you could remind people that, yes, there's another person on the other in at the start of the match, it might help.

• Ghouled_Mojo
    Ghouled_Mojo Member Posts: 2,287
    Options

Killer: sup bitches

survivors: ######### off, go ######### yourself, eat #########, and Hi!

gg ez.

• zoozoom6
    zoozoom6 Member Posts: 825
    Options

i would love to see it

• Rydog
    Rydog Member Posts: 3,275
    Options

Nothing good would come of this. And if it were a limited-options chat wheel type thing, it would just lead to killers spamming untruthful "Let's farm" or "New player here" equivalents to trick survivors into making mistakes.

• Heartbound
    Heartbound Member Posts: 3,255
    Options

I think it would be good if you could eavesdrop on the survivor chat. You can't say anything, but if they're up to shenanigans it would give you a heads up.

Or they could be on voice chat and fake you out. Who knows.

• Hannon
    Hannon Member Posts: 221
    Options
  • Fr3e
    Fr3e Member Posts: 13
    Options

I mean, I think that's just your perspective. If they can talk back and forth it's equally as likely to happen to a killer and honestly it's not the chats fault if someone believes someone else on the internet, but this is why I suggested a limited chat option, something that would limit spam like maybe only being allowed 3 or 4 messages by the killer

• Warcrafter4
    Warcrafter4 Member Posts: 2,917
    Options

I feel like this would just enable toxic all out SWF squads to harass killers even more then they already do and vice versa for toxic killers going all out.

For as much as I'd like the idea the community is too toxic for it to ever really work.

Just read other forum threads to see how much each sides demonizes the other.

• The_architect
    The_architect Member Posts: 120
    Options

the end game is #########, so no thanks

• Reinami
    Reinami Member Posts: 5,146
    Options

I'd be for it. Part of the problem is people not seeing the other side as actual people behind the screen. And the only time you are allowed to communicate is after the match is over and tensions are high. I'd love to start all my games chatting with survivors and telling them GLHF or something.

• johnmwarner
    johnmwarner Member Posts: 3,793
    Options

Yep, wanna farm? No. You sure, wanna farm? No.

Okay then. Killer proceeds to find that player first and face camp them. Or bring mori to make everyone suffer.